Thread: Viae Romae

Default Viae Romae

The bustling streets of Rome. Here, merchants have set up shop along the streets and people of all walks of life traverse through them in their daily business.

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Viae Romae

The meeting of one of the Caelian collegiae was loud and bawdy, as it was every night. Titus Spurro was giving another one of his impassioned speeches against the patrician "yoke" as he called it. As he urged the lower class plebs at the meeting to do all they could to fight back and to remain resolute, his own agents were spread throughout the district bribing the clients of wealthy patricians with crime stained gold. Nobody noticed the cloaked figure who entered the inn wearing a slave placard around his neck. After a few minutes, the figure crept up near the podium and before Spurro could react a slip of parchment was between his fingers. Though Spurro strained to glimpse the face of the hooded figure, by the time he turned his head the figure had disappeared out the door. All he could do was look at the writing.
    Second Watch. Inn of Coriolanus. Second floor, third room. Patrician is meeting criminal contacts.

Titus Spurro walked up the wooden stairs, the old wood was creaking under his feet. Usually he would let his thugs handle beatings but he got this note from a slave, so perhaps he was finally getting the support from the richer plebeians he always wanted. And taking out some patrician trying to do business on his turf, too personal for thugs. He counted the doors. One, two.. Three. He opened it and walked in.

A man way overdressed for this part of Rome was standing with his back towards him. He turned around and smiled. 'Greetings! I suppose you are here to conduct business?' The upper class accent disgusted Titus, he hated it. 'No, old fool, I'm here to rid of the world of another patrician oppressor!' He pulled out a dagger from his belt and laughed at the man. 'Your days among the living are over, arrogant piece of trash!' The patrician's face turned pale and he fell on his knees, begging for Titus to spare his life. 'Please, good sir, please. I need to make a living just like you do, I'm only patrician by blood. Look at where I am and what I do, I'm just as much a pleb like you! I beg you to spare me!' Titus laughed even harder. 'No, you and I are not al- Aaaah! You bast-' Titus couldn't finish his sentence, he had not been paying attention. The patrician had punched him right in his groin and immediately after that in his stomach, out of breath and in deep pain Titus stumbled backwards dropping his dagger on the way. Meanwhile the patrician stood up and picked up a small wooden cudgel. The last thing Titus Spurro saw before passing out was this mean smile and a cudgel coming his way at high speed.

The patrician walked to the front door and opened it, outside was the same man who delivered the message to Titus Spurro.
    'Could you assist me with this drunkard? After having a bit too much wine he passed out and hit the table, left a nasty spot on his head. I'll have to bring the poor man home but I can't do it alone.'
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

As the hooded man smiled a predatory gleam leaped into his eyes. "Of course good master. I would only be happy to assist."