Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gondor recruitment/soldiers overhaul RELEASED v1.1

Default Re: Greeknight's Gondor recruitment/soldiers overhaul RELEASED

Awesome! Was waiting for this. Decided not to start vanilla campaign, instead will test this one first. Will post my opinions on balance/gameplay etc later.

Good luck with your exams!

First of all, very nice mod. I have been searching for something like this for a long time. One note, about the experience system I remember in rome total war europa barbarum(don't know if it is in vanilla) that computer units acted differently based on how much experience difference was between your units and the computer's units(units to untis, not in total). Could that feature in implemented in this mod? or even taken to a new level. By that I mean that very little experienced units would march very unprofessionally and do things too late or too early(if you understand waht I mean). In contrast, very experienced units would march the battlefield as professionally as units do now or even more professionally and do things at exaxtly the right time.

Good luck with your project!

Generalpatton334's Avatar Foederatus

Wait is compatible with the Baron submod

@Sokkur

Ill look into europa barbarum for what you mention.It is a very interesting feature and i believe i should implement it if i can.But i cant promise anything right now,exams are starting and ill be busy as hell for a month or so.

@Generalpatton

Compatibility with Baron's is on the to do list ,for personal reasons.And i might make one with Mos's release later.Im a gamer too :-)

Generalpatton334's Avatar Foederatus

Sounds awesome and you did a amazing job on this mod

Shingen's Avatar Civis

I was think for a long time this system had to be included into Third Age. And now someone is doing it. Great!

Hi. First of all, congratulations on your submod. Actually, I was thinking the same recruitment system for elves but never actually do this due to lack of time and apparent laziness of mine.
    So, my question is how much time & skill needed for extending this system for other factions and do you think about (or want) extending it?

Well ,provided that you have some experience in meddling with the game files,doing it doesnt take too much time .What does take insane time is testing and balancing it .I wouldn't say it takes insane skill,quite the opposite,meddling with files is quite easy ,and there are a ton of tutorials you can read .What is quite hard and is definetely required is the modeling /texturing of new units.You can get past that by including models that other have done (like i did ,with Alhimik's models).
    In order for me to start thinking about other factions i must see if this submod is a succes.There are some things that i am thinking of including/removing,but i got exams at the moment.Thats mainly the reason i want reference from every user.
    If all goes well,yeah,im thinking of extending it to more factions.

Default Re: Gondor recruitment/soldiers overhaul RELEASED v1.1

I've updated to v1.1
    The most drastic change is that the requirement of bowyer/stables buildings for smithies has been removed.Mainly because i found out that there was an issue with the mechanics.Thus it is as it was originally ,the smithy buildings are only tied with the barracks.
    But since the requirement of the higher tier bowyer/stables is off,you have no incentive to build them.Thus i decided to intergrate the bonuses (and costs) of the officer academy building chain to the tier 3 stables and bowyer buildings .Thus instead of building the officer academy for the +2 experience bonus ,you practically get it by having a tier 3 bowyer AND stable building in a settlement.Costs have increased for obvius reasons of course.
    It is save game compitible from original release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12