Thread: Changing a units 2 weapon

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Changing a units 2 weapon

Hi!

Today I'm going to tell all you guys who want to know how to change the second weapon of a unit.
    I'll classify this as a medium required skill DB skill change, if you have no experience i advice you to not do this.

I aim to do this for people who know to make a custom .pack and how to get node's in it
    This is how to give an line infantry unit a sword instead of a bayonet.

step 1 : Go to the Unit_stats_land_Tables then search for lets say euro_line_infantry_holland.

step 2 : in the columns to the right search for animation table, a vanilla file should say man_musket make it man_musket_sabre

step 3 : The column next to Animation table says Warscape Equipment Theme IDref change that to x_euro_musket_sword

step 5 : further to the right you will find a column that says Melee Weapon change it to sword.

step 6 : then further to the right you will find a column and the row for the euro_line_infantry_holland will say foot_bayonet (i use and older version of PFM so the column has no name with me) change it to foot_sword.

step 7 : save the .pack and test!

step 8 : do a custom battle early or late period charge a unit and see if they draw swords it should look like this.(the line infantry)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note : this is a screen-shot from a mod called V1650 that pike-men model is not vanilla.

Any problems let me know
    Last edited by General Brewster; January 10, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: Changing a units 2 weapon

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Hi!

Today I'm going to tell all you guys who want to know how to change the second weapon of a unit.
    I'll classify this as a medium required skill DB skill change, if you have no experience i advice you to not do this.

I aim to do this for people who know to make a custom .pack and how to get node's in it
    This is how to give an line infantry unit a sword instead of a bayonet.

step 1 : Go to the Unit_stats_land_Tables then search for lets say euro_line_infantry_holland.

step 2 : in the columns to the right search for animation table, a vanilla file should say man_musket make it man_musket_sabre

step 3 : The column next to Animation table says Warscape Equipment Theme IDref change that to x_euro_musket_sword

step 5 : further to the right you will find a column that says Melee Weapon change it to sword.

step 6 : then further to the right you will find a column and the row for the euro_line_infantry_holland will say foot_bayonet (i use and older version of PFM so the column has no name with me) change it to foot_sword.

step 7 : save the .pack and test!

step 8 : do a custom battle early or late period charge a unit and see if they draw swords it should look like this.(the line infantry)

Note : this is a screen-shot from a mod called V1650 that pike-men model is not vanilla.

Any problems let me know

Hi General Brewster,

i made all above mentioned steps in proper order using Pack File Manager and exported units_stats_land_table from patch.pack.

I have a problem with Native Indian Musketeers, i wanted to give them tomahawks to use along with muskets, but there is a missing musket model and tomahowks were placed below (!) the unit, the soldiers have empty hands (it looks like they are holding "invisible musket"). Furthermore the tomahowks were moving with the soldiers (!) as they performed any movement. It hapenned when i changed the primary weapon from euro_musket to euro_tomahawk and secondary weapon from euro_tomahawk to euro_musket.

Thank You in advance

Jakub

EDIT: I resolved the problem myself . I changed one value in units_stats_land table from patch.pack, column called Animation Table from "man_musket" to "man_musket_sabre" and all works fine for Native Indian Musketeers, now they are using tomahawks in melee.
    Last edited by p.jakub88; January 03, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Default Re: Changing a units 2 weapon

I did exactly this and switched to melee mode and they still had muskets out ... I used patch 5.pack with DB Editor

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Changing a units 2 weapon

It might take a while