Thread: Changing a units 2 weapon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Changing a units 2 weapon

Hi!

Today I'm going to tell all you guys who want to know how to change the second weapon of a unit.
    I'll classify this as a medium required skill DB skill change, if you have no experience i advice you to not do this.

I aim to do this for people who know to make a custom .pack and how to get node's in it
    This is how to give an line infantry unit a sword instead of a bayonet.

step 1 : Go to the Unit_stats_land_Tables then search for lets say euro_line_infantry_holland.

step 2 : in the columns to the right search for animation table, a vanilla file should say man_musket make it man_musket_sabre

step 3 : The column next to Animation table says Warscape Equipment Theme IDref change that to x_euro_musket_sword

step 5 : further to the right you will find a column that says Melee Weapon change it to sword.

step 6 : then further to the right you will find a column and the row for the euro_line_infantry_holland will say foot_bayonet (i use and older version of PFM so the column has no name with me) change it to foot_sword.

step 7 : save the .pack and test!

step 8 : do a custom battle early or late period charge a unit and see if they draw swords it should look like this.(the line infantry)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note : this is a screen-shot from a mod called V1650 that pike-men model is not vanilla.

Any problems let me know
    Last edited by General Brewster; January 10, 2012 at 09:21 PM.