Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion thread

Wolves you can't keep LME, it will most likely cause CTDs.

So far 2.0 is very good, loving the ability to recruit Allied troops. Even though it slows down my computer the smoke effect are great! Especially in a big naval battle full of ships of the line!

In my opinion the cavalry is weak. They're slow, even the Hussars are.

Are you planning to make new units and retextures??

First I would like to say that I love the special features of disease, supply system (realistic and easy, not like in Stainless Steel for Medieval II, which is incredibly complex, well to me at least). But but but, and perhaps it's normal as they are really new features, full of bugs. At least, that's what I read here. I started a game as France (M/M) and second turn already I got disease (not a bug of course, I know). No problem with that, but I read all these post about persisting epidemics and so on... I get sick... (just a joke)

I've played the mod now, but only for about 5 minutes. There aren't as many units as I hoped for (I know they're set for v2.1). So I'm probably going to be waiting for 2.1. It's crazy, I know, but I can't stand it that you can't recruit Polish legions from the beginning.

In the 5 minutes that I've played, I only noticed the following. Armies move incredibly slow on the campaign map. I remember in TROM I could move Napoleon's armies from Strasburg to Hessen in 2 turns, I guess? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's realistic to me, certainly keeping in mind that the French were masters when it came down to marching. With this mod, it took me 4 turns to do the same. That's very slow! I started thinking how long will it take to march to Vienna. And if you thought about historicity, that means other armies move even slower than the French. OMG ! I also noticed 2 armies start rather close to each other on the battlefield (so what's wrong with the larger deployment zones submod? It is enabled, 10000% sure of it because it's in red if I remember correctly). I'm going to wait on what the developers have to say and wait for a patch or so. Because reading all of this (problems with fatigue in battle, larger deployment zones not working, disease problems, slow marching, cavalry not punching through lines etc., it puts me off to be hones).

Nevertheless I appreciate all the hard work. This mod is indeed a diamond, but a rough one that needs to be polished and improved. If you keep up the good work, this one will be the winner.

Foederatus

Excellent mod! I love the new aspects that the team has put into this version.

I haven't tried this yes, but has anyone noticed if your Supply points increases if you make a country a protecorate instead of taking it over? If they do not, is this something that could be incorporated in future versions?

This mod makes me want to go home "sick" form work...

not made a protectorate, but armed citizens count towards supply points. If you go over because of that you wont be able to recruit anything after the battle until next turn. I also noticed that when I recruit foreign service troops, I can recruit them regardless of how many supply points I have... or maybe it is because I only recruited them as soon as the embassy was completed each time (I was already at max points)

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    In the 5 minutes that I've played, I only noticed the following. Armies move incredibly slow on the campaign map. I remember in TROM I could move Napoleon's armies from Strasburg to Hessen in 2 turns, I guess? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's realistic to me, certainly keeping in mind that the French were masters when it came down to marching. With this mod, it took me 4 turns to do the same. That's very slow! I started thinking how long will it take to march to Vienna. And if you thought about historicity, that means other armies move even slower than the French.
    Its because you dont have streets after 5 min of gameplay ! After finishing paved roads the movement is dramatic better.

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | Download, Installation, Uninstalling and Launcher Help

Will get a mirror up tonight.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

A few responses:

-Unit's will come in v2.1
    -There are issues with cavalry collisions, that will be fixed soon.
    -Disease does not loop repetitively. Each turn there is a random change for it to happen, which is increased when neighboring regions have it. We will probably lower the impact that neighboring regions have in the next release.
    -Foreign service troops don't take up supply points.
    -Movement without good roads is slow and laborious, cutting across fields is no longer a viable option (just like it wasn't in real life). It's not a bug - roads are now more important than they ever were before.

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Just quickly, in the campaign battles if the AI is defending, will it actually occupy good ground i.e simply not advance and defend against your attacks? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    -Disease does not loop repetitively. Each turn there is a random change for it to happen, which is increased when neighboring regions have it. We will probably lower the impact that neighboring regions have in the next release.
    -Movement without good roads is slow and laborious, cutting across fields is no longer a viable option (just like it wasn't in real life). It's not a bug - roads are now more important than they ever were before.
    About the disease, I wonder then why so so many people are complaining about it.

And about the roads... I didn't think about it that way. That makes sense. Although I still think that even if you only have dirt roads, armies (especially French) should move faster. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that many roads back then in the countryside were made of stone. So I don't think Napoleon walked across stone roads when he marched on Vienna or other cities. I could be wrong though. You are the experts !

Do french soldiers have insanely high morale?

I'm asking because I fought a French army near Paris, they numbered over 7000, my army totalled 5,100, and during the fight they all attacked my center so I boxed them in and blasted them with cannister shot, small arms fire and cavalry attacks at the rear, yet they didn't break until the last few minutes left(defensive battle, was going to win anyway ).

Or is it because they were led by a famous general?

Anyway it was an intense battle, both sides suffered insane casualties, but at the end only 600 frenchmen survived, and the general was slain.

Then on the next turn my battered army was attacked by a large army and was wiped out.

Fantastic mod, really feels Napoleonic.

Yes, when led by a good general, they have insane morale. I've seen ARMED CITIZENRY with 14-15 morale...

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

Will get a mirror up tonight.
    Sweet!

Much appreciated.

Apologies, but won't have mirror until Sunday evening/Monday afternoon. Internet is being upgraded, on a very limited connection.

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

Apologies, but won't have mirror until Sunday evening/Monday afternoon. Internet is being upgraded, on a very limited connection.
    Oh, that's a shame.

I've anticipated this release for quite some time, another few days wont hurt.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by KamilW View Post
    About the disease, I wonder then why so so many people are complaining !
    I think people are worried because it is new and they are unfamiliar with the effects. It's main impact seems to be on army replenishment, which could hurt you badly in the middle of a major conflict, but otherwise doesn't seem to be a major issue.

I am interested in how the AI is going with trade ships for everyone else. I see uncle joe's comments and I was interested because Darth seems to think for his mod the only way to help the AI is to delete trade ships and give all ships the ability to trade. I am playing as France and my ally Spain seems to be trading okay but my navy is too weak to see what GB is up to

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Great to see EiC 2.0 is out now

if someone can put the file on torrent i am more than willing to share it with others.

Protector's Avatar Senator

A few responses:
    -Disease does not loop repetitively. Each turn there is a random change for it to happen, which is increased when neighboring regions have it.
    Sorry,
    but desease in my Prussian campaign is repeated again and again in Cleves-Mark, 9x already within 2 1/2 year. Always with a short break for about 2-3 turns and than again. I can almost set the clock after that.

And I am not the only one with this desase and riots trouble over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
    .... the disease would pop up nearly every turn in one of my provinces ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Playing the campaign as Russia and only a few years in. It seems like there's disease and revolution in most of my cities and my game is almost over. Is there a way to reduce the occurrence of disease?
    Last edited by Protector; January 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Semisalis

Could disease be ping-ponging between neighboring regions?
    Last edited by Col.KanKrusha; January 16, 2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Typo

I havent had any problems with disease, playing as Bavaria... infact I havent had a single episode of it so far

Hello,
    Great mod, the most successful for me is manpower and supply. But I would like to have all the diplomatics options from the start. How?