Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion

Tribunus

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion

There's no quiet that I can see, forum just needed some cleaning.

Semisalis

Hi Magicman,

For a few weeks I could only see one thread plus the sticky threads. Now I can only see sticky threads. Just letting you know in case this isn't intentional :-)
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Yes same here. But anyway. Last time I was here EIC 2.0 just came out. But I never try new versions immedietaly, because usually there is lot of bugs and I dont want to spoil my joy with that. I always wait couple of weeks for hotfix. As I said it was just few days after release of 2.0 version and that means I haven´t tried that. As far as I rememeber, there was lot of bugs (missing trees in sime battlefields for example) and my question is, if there was a hotfix released later, or not. Thank you.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Tribunus

There was a hotfix released to cover some specific bugs with start-up, I've been taking a break from most modding due to college and I imagine TC is in the same boat.

Hallo,

is there a way to have the german text in the game? I've only the german speech, but the text is still in english.

I downloaded the german luncher and installed how desrcibed.

the eic team really needs to take a good look at the weather as i plaid about 6 battles during the summer months and every battle it was pouring down with rain which is not good

bwc153's Avatar Miles

That is a default Nappy "feature" - you have to change some variables to change the frequency of rain and snow IIRC.

Though, one battle I fought had fog so thick that it was almost as bad as musket smoke if your camera was over your troops and you were looking at the enemy from max musket range...

ok well thanks for letting me know but how do i change the variables for the weather

1 out of 2 battles crash, always towards the end, when I'm about to win. Why? I find this mod compared to others is unstable in battles.

Tribunus

I've not noticed anything like that, it could possibly be the changes in the graphics causing a memory choke on your hardware but you'd have to be riding pretty close to the "recommended" for Napoleon for that to have any affect.

I run on a laptop with 1GB dedicated graphics card, I know its not the best, but it above recommended specs. It probably is graphics related, I did not realise when I started a campaign that units were set at 210 for line infantry. Thats more than I need, but I'm deep into a GB campaign and would hate to restart. There is no way of changing unit size now right in mid campaign? I do keep unit graphics high though and lower the rest to medium or low

I never had this many crashes though with DMNTW and Vanilla

Tribunus

Try smaller unit sizes, could you a post a dxdiag in the meantime?

bwc153's Avatar Miles

For me - the only time the game will crash is if the Chocolate Soldiers (almost guranteed crash) or White Uniforms bug (sometimes guranteed crash) hits, or if there is LOTS of smoke. Do you by chance have the Smoke mod on as that's a huge performance breaker?

no I knew my PC could not handle the smoke after a few battles. Its when I zoom in on battles and I try to pan the screen if you will (I like looking in on the action sometimes), but its no just a quick CTD, its more a skipping of sound for a second or two then a crash.

How do I start the EIC without starting steam? I do not want to play with steam :l

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You always have to use Steam for newer TW Games. No other possibility existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    You always have to use Steam for newer TW Games. No other possibility existing.
    But I played the EIC 1.3 without steam

I lost my sound after playing for a short while. And im unable to fix it

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Oh, by the by, Dutch Line Infantry are able to be recruited by Britain in near unending numbers (within the manpower system of course) the only problem this poses however is that they can build massive Dutch armies in Gibraltar and usually ended up wiping out spain within a year (I edited it myself to make it a 10 unit limit)

Decanus

Icon7 Re: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion

Well T.C., what can i say? This modification is simply great, astonishing, marvelous, incredible...
    At long last, your creation allows me to feel more confortable playing Napoleon, as it makes it more similar to other games of the Total War family. Including diseases and manpower/supplies variables to the campaign map adds more immersion to the game.
    I´d like to ask you something that i need to improve my own (private and humble) modification: some kind of mod that allows me to have the manpower/supplies activated (and why not a mod including the diseases, in a future). As you said: "This feature has also been built as a giant plug-in; it is designed to work with any mod, and is built separate to the other EiC scripting framework. As such, it only takes a small amount of tweaking to work with different mods and we will gladly share it after the release of v2.0. If anyone is interested in using it, just send me a pm. All going well, the manpower system may even be released as a stand alone mod"
    I´d like to know if there is any chance to have a date or something of the sort indicating when are you going to realese the manpower/supply feature. Or perhaps a "disease" mod could be realeased, it would be a great success i´m sure.
    I apologise if i´m being so anxiuos.
    Thank you once again, you are a Grand Artifex for sure!
    Semi offtopic: TC, since you are a great modder and artifex, did you find out any way to make the weapons of the Ottoman regiments (and others imported from Empire) shine in the same way as the Napoleon unit´s weapons?
    Last edited by lordargento; April 17, 2012 at 05:42 PM.