Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | General Discussion thread

I was wondering why the number of guns per artillery unit have been cut from 4 to 3 with foot artillery and from 4 to 2 with horse artillery? Can I get the stock number of guns back?

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | Download, Installation, Uninstalling and Launcher Help

I don't mean to be bothersome and I apologize if this post's location is inappropriate, however, it appears I am unable to download the .7z/RAR file from Deposit Files as once I verify I am human and then attempt to download the file, the link cuts dead. I have tried to download the file using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I am at quite a loss. Must I enable or disable within the browsers? I just don't know...

Nevertheless, immense congratulations to the team!

I bumped it back up to larger battery sizes (mostly 4 and 6 gun batteries) myself too. I'll see what that does to game balance (I play on Ultra unit size, so 2 gun batteries feel like a waste of a unit slot on the battlefield).

My concern is that Arty HAS to be weak due to the Manpower system. Arty only take 40-ish men to crew so you can have a LOT and not worry about manpower. And it doesnt seem to be any more expensive than line (for upkeep) so I dont want it to become dominant. If it seems to be too good, I'll bump the upkeep and see how it feel.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Note I am 99.99999% sure this has nothing to do with the mod

I defeated the big evil French fleet under Pierre Charles, I boarded the Scipion and whittled the crew down to 14 men before it finally struck, I told the game to continue so I could run down this silly little frigate that was trying to escape but realized it was a futile effort. Just before I clicked end the scipion caught fire and Pierre Charles jumped overboard to his death. battle ends, I'm sad I dont get the scipion but it was nearly destroyed anyway and had 4 guns left intact and wouldnt be any help against the nearby spanish fleet anyway. Next turn the Scipion under Pierre Charles raids bristol. It's a pisser and quite surprising (as well as quite impossible ), but Im kind of happy that it brought itself right by my drydock in a helpless state; so I send the plucky little Frigate Enterprize to go capture it, but when I get into the battle, it is not a helpless raft with 14 people and 4 cannons, but rather it has 32 cannons and a crew compliment of about 100 and completley full hull strength. Im still scratching my head as to how and why.

RIP Enterprize

Cpt. Stables's Avatar Libertus

After my first few land battles of smoky, deathy glory, I'm curious as to whether or not the removal of the 'weight' of a cavalry charge was intended. I noticed after I flank charged a unit of unengaged line infantry, and all of my Dragoonsseemed to collide with the rear of the line and stop, as if the line were a solid object, wheras before they would get mingled into enemy lines and disrupt the formation. I tried again against a few other enemy lines and found the same result regardless of which direction I charged them in. Whilst I'm very pleased cavalry are actually effective now, visually it does remove a lot of 'oompf' from a charge.

Yes, the AI does not seem to repair it's ships very well (if at all). I routinely run into fleets of Line ships that have less than 50% operational guns. This plus the extremely high strategic naval movement make the naval war less interesting. I've changed the fleet strategic speeds for myself, but I would like to see the AI repair more often so that I'm fighting functional ships and not barely floating hulks.

Content Emeritus

Well that's not the thing, Im running inro what should be a floating hulk that is a well functioning ship of the line, it would have been impossible for the ship to stop in any French port and repair (all blockaded) but yet somehow it turned from a hunk of perforated wood with a handful of people that couldnt even operate a ship back into a well armed ship

Semisalis

Any recommendations on settings for unit sizes and difficulty?
    Thanks
    Ps - every time I play I discover cool new features. Awesome!

Content Emeritus

I personally use large unit sizes and play on VH/H

Gunny,

On the main screen (Strat map) it tends to report ships as 'Full Strength' from time to time even when they are wrecks. I've been burned by that a few times where I dont know my ships are damaged until I get into combat and see it...

I play on Ultra unit sizes and H/H

Content Emeritus

Well no, it was full strength in combat, bad on strat map

Chambers85's Avatar Foederatus

Firstly, great mod. I had a couple of early bugs (my fault, now resolved) but what I have noticed is that in sea battles when I rake an ememy ship from point blank range it doesn't seem to do alot. A broadside in the rear (so to speak) was normally enough to pretty much cripple a ship (or at least kill more than 3 men and 1 gun as I am experiencing). Anyway a minor point.

Thanks for all the hard work

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | Download, Installation, Uninstalling and Launcher Help

Hi,

Is there anywhere else to download the mod? As i can't download it through the current link, i verify that i'm human then the link dies on me and makes me wait 2hrs before i can try again which just does the same again.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Protector's Avatar Senator

A lot of things I expected with EIC 2.0 are there and I am glad about it and now I got enough motivation to try my 3. attempt with a Prussian campaign.

to avoid a disaster I have the following re-elected
    - Only N / N
    - No trade with the enemies of my neighbors
    - Alliance with Russia, Scandinavia and Austria as early as possible

A very very very peaceful campaign so far, compared with the previous two (see post #4, #8) I am in late 1807 now.

1. But... if I counted correctly comes every 5 turns the message to Cleves-Mark "desease struck your land." These are already more than 8x at the same place up to now, always with very high costs in line. It has the impression that it repeats this event over and over again, very boring ... and for what ever? In MTW2, you knew that this is just a temporary nuisance.
    If this will go on for the entire game, it's just an annoying element, rather than a change in the game. I will not and can not be everywhere to build a hospital in order to avoid this.

2. ... why to hell can I produce in Königsberg Britsch Highlanders in red uniforms and others. This is completely uninteresting to me. If I want to play with Highlanders, I would choose England and not Prussia. If I occupy an enemy territory...ok, I might like to get its units as well but not in my home.
    I got the idea ​​the AOR system is missing the point here.

Currently I got with my previous 3 campaigns very different feelings about the EiC 2.0 gameplay content ...
    Last edited by Protector; January 11, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Content Emeritus

Are they foreign service highlanders or straight up highlanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    A lot of things I expected with EIC 2.0 are there and I am glad about it and now I got enough motivation to try my 3. attempt with a Prussian campaign.

to avoid a disaster I have the following re-elected
    - Only N / N
    - No trade with the enemies of my neighbors
    - Alliance with Russia, Scandinavia and Austria as early as possible

A very very very peaceful campaign so far, compared with the previous two (see post #4, #8) I am in late 1807 now.

1. But... if I counted correctly comes every 5 turns the message to Cleves-Mark "desease struck your land." These are already more than 8x at the same place up to now, always with very high costs in line. It has the impression that it repeats this event over and over again, very boring ... and for what ever? In MTW2, you knew that this is just a temporary nuisance.
    If this will go on for the entire game, it's just an annoying element, rather than a change in the game. I will not and can not be everywhere to build a hospital in order to avoid this.

2. ... why to hell can I produce in Königsberg Britsch Highlanders in red uniforms and others. This is completely uninteresting to me. If I want to play with Highlanders, I would choose England and not Prussia. If I occupy an enemy territory...ok, I might like to get its units as well but not in my home.
    I got the idea ​​the AOR system is missing the point here.

Currently I got with my previous 3 campaigns very different feelings about the EiC 2.0 gameplay content ...
    Hi!

About disease, it can be changed so the probabilities of it apearing reduced if you want down to 0 level. But this change requires of you making some changes on files. Maybe you want to do so.

About foreign units recruitment in your territory, this is due to the new diplomacy system. As you upgrade your diplomacy buildings they will give you access to allies units. It is not related to AOR system, area of recruitment system, in which you can recruit units of conquered land. Maybe if you play Portugal you find it more interesting to receive British units coming to your aid.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 11, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

I don't have the time to test the mod right now, so please people give feedback about this new version! It'll be nice for me to read and I'm sure it'll be cool for the modders too. I imagine they've spent a lot of time on this new version and they deserve feedback. Don't just download the mod, tell them what you think about it too.

My initial feedback as Spain:

In general, things feel too easy (on H/H). It's very easily to monopolize a lot of the good Med and South Atlantic trade and that leads to massive amounts of money. The Royal Navy has not so much as sniffed in my direction in 2 games, each going more than a year. Even the St Augustine trade route right off the coast of Ireland has been untouched in both games.

In addition, there are so many recruitment slots now (and with limited manpower) that I dont need to really recruit in multiple places. So that leaves other regions to get Tax Office buildings further increasing revenue. Also, the experience level on 'new' units seems very high (after 1 building upgrade, I'm building 2-chevron troops of almost ever type (Cav start that way).

IMO, Spain should feel more like a poor struggling nation than a wealth-flushed powerhouse. I max'ed my manpower with elite stacks by Fall of the first game year. And I've laid down an additional 122, a 122 Carronnade and a few 106s with little issue (and as soon as I get them, I'll scrub the RN from the seas forever :p ).

I've started tweaking the numbers a bit and one of the main culprits is the Ivory right there closeby. With 20 Trade Ships on each, I'm CLEARING 8k just one those 2 trade nodes alone (that's after upkeep on the trade ships). I've bumped the base yield for Ivory down to 7 (from 10) to see if that helps resolve the money issue a bit. I'm also adjusting the experience starting out with units down as it feels odd to be recruiting highly experienced troops right off the bat. Of course since ALL nations are getting it, it balances, but it feels weird how powerful and resiliant 'new' units are.

I'll be starting a new game with the changed values. Not sure if I'll play Spain again or not at this point (not much going on when England wont fight for the sea). I'll post feedback later.

On the plus side, the battles seem very good. The AI actually has the arty in the center now making it harder take out with flanking cav. On the arty front tho, I think I preferred the feel of 1.3.4 arty. In 2.0, I have 9lbers and they rarely fire, but when they do, they obliterate units. I'm not sure I like that feel (I think I prefer the steady erosion from arty rather than nothing...nothing...nothing...nothing...BOOM! Unit wrecked). But infantry assaults seem a bit more coordinated and the AI has actually kept some cav in reserve from time to time leading to a more difficult battle in general.

So, just to make sure, there is no way I can keep my LME NTW mod intact and install this one separately? I really want to keep it but also play this one...

(I originally asked this in the tech help thread but had no takers)