Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

Default EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

Technical Help and Bug Reports

Use this thread to report bugs and get direct technical help from the devs and community. Before making a bug report, please make the following checks:

1. Was NTW vanilla running OK before this?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - Verify game cache, if that doesn't solve the problem re-install the game. If the problem still persists, check the NTW tech help forum.
    2. Are you attempting to use the installer (or did you use the installer to install)?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - Skip to step 9
    3. Does the installer work?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - make sure you have downloaded and fully installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from here. Make sure you have run the installer as an administrator. Make sure that the installer is in the same drive as your NTW install. Make sure you have successfully directed the installer to your NTW install directory when it prompts you to do so. If the problem persists, delete all versions of the installer you have and redownload the whole thing. If it still persists, make a post in this thread.
    4. Are you attempting to use the launcher?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - skip to step 9.
    5. Does the launcher work?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - make sure you have downloaded and fully installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from here. Make sure you have run the launcher as an administrator. Make sure that the launcher is in the same drive as your NTW install (there's no reason it shouldn't). Make sure you have successfully directed the launcher to your NTW install directory when it prompts you to do so. If the problem persists, delete all versions of the launcher you have and redownload the install package. If it still persists, make a post in this thread.
    6. Did you use the "Reset To Vanilla" option in the launcher when first running the launcher?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - use it. See the installation help thread for details on how to use it.
    7. Was the "Reset To Vanilla" option in the launcher able to move all non-vanilla files?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - manually delete the files it made reference to.
    8. Did you tick the "Delete user.script" checkbox when using the "Reset To Vanilla" option in the launcher?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - do it; make a backup of your user.script file if you so wish.
    9. Does the game now launch successfully?
      • Yes - Continue on
      • No - If you haven't used the installer or launcher so far, make sure that he game is in a completely stable vanilla state. Remove and other mods or submods and delte your user.script file.
        Otherwise, make a post here with any details about the problem. Include a picture of your data directory and your use.script file.
    10. Does the text in the bottom left hand corner of the main menu screen say "EIC 2.X Build 0XX" (where X will be version and build number) as shown in the following picture?
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Yes - Continue on
      • No - Installation has been unsuccessful. You should see a short description of the error, as shown in the following picture. Note there are more error messages than the one shown below.

Run a debug build of EIC by going to "napoleon total war\data\Europe in Conflict" and opening the file "config.lua". Change the top line from "TCS_Debug_Mode =false" to "TCS_Debug_Mode =true" (without the quotes obviously) as shown in the following picture.

Start the game up and the main menu will look something like this:

Take a picture of this screen as it appears to you and post it here, as well as any other details about the problem.

11. Are you still having problems?
      • Yes - Post here with as many details as you can provide.
      • No - get playing!

Last edited by T.C.; January 09, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

dont know if has been posted before... but in the ottaman army, the something bashi (forget the name, melee unit), they walk like they are carry muskets but have none, and the swords drag on the floor a ways behind them... when they get into range, they start to fire.

sorry for that last massage. It just seems this mod is dying while I have been loving it so much.
    I have a bug that everything added by this mod has no name.. Do you have any idea why?
    With everything I mean:
    - The fantastic irregulars from foreign provinces
    - The new technologies
    - The new buildings like the hospital and embassy
    - Also the description of everything stated above.

So no letters in the new stuff whatsoever. Please explain me why ^_^ or how I can fix it/find it

Quote Originally Posted by TTocsxic View Post
    sorry for that last massage. It just seems this mod is dying while I have been loving it so much.
    I have a bug that everything added by this mod has no name.. Do you have any idea why?
    With everything I mean:
    - The fantastic irregulars from foreign provinces
    - The new technologies
    - The new buildings like the hospital and embassy
    - Also the description of everything stated above.

So no letters in the new stuff whatsoever. Please explain me why ^_^ or how I can fix it/find it
    You are using a localisation.loc (text pack) from another mod.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Thanks for the quick answer T.C.!
    Apparently my post via mobile phone didn't place correctly so I'll ask again.
    Where can I find this file? (I downloaded installer version, so can I find it as a loose .loc file in those folders? - dowloading manual via the link takes so loooong...)
    And when I find it - where should I put/overwrite it? Is it in the data folder, main folder or any other?

Thanks again! ^_^

It will be in your data folder. You can delete it, or preferably put it in another folder.

The EIC one is (I think) 'EIC loc.pack'. Remove any other 'loc' folders there.
    Traditionalist Catholic and Proud! And no, I'm not a paedophile, fool.
    The only reason I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition was because...
    NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

THANKS! worked as magic!
    I would +rep you if I only knew how...

Cheers and thanks again!

I installed the mod and i've done all the step but when I press the button play EIC an error message appears, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your aplication. ..... No se ha encontrado la aplicacion"

and two buttons: Continue and Quit.

I've tried to reset the path, but nothing happens. Please if you can help me, because a really want to play this mod

I'm having exactly the same problem Athila, using Windows 7 64bit if the information helps. It seems to be a problem with the installer and Microsoft .NET Framework.

im sorry for being a complete idiot but my game had no sound. i know how to fix this, delete your user script. deleted it and now i cant update it back :facepalm: i tried checking and unchecking the submods but it din work... any help? and yes i was stupid enough not to make a backup of the user script

Hi!i have problems with europe and coalition campaigns..I can't recruit anything cause there is not the recruitment slot in any city! the weird thing is that it happens only in this campaign and not in italian or egyptian campaigns...
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by babz23 View Post
    Hi!i have problems with europe and coalition campaigns..I can't recruit anything cause there is not the recruitment slot in any city! the weird thing is that it happens only in this campaign and not in italian or egyptian campaigns...
    thanks!
    Revise the files instalation. It had to be the other way round, recruitment in grand campaign, but disabled Italian and Egyptian campaign. The slots things is very much related to startpos file wrong instalation. This mod does not support Italian or Egypt campaign.

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

i have a problem
    after clicking at the play button on the EIC launcher, im redirected to the steam (napoleon total war)store screen, but the game doesnt start. when i go and click the napoleon.exe, it starts, the screen gets all dark, but then it quits. any idea?
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Launcher is broken, when I click to start it appears this "Unhandled exception has occurred in your aplication" and program closes. Already reinstalled and upgraded .net 4.0.

I have the excact same problem and are unable to get the mod going with the Losse packed files.Anyone having some tips? I am really eager to try this mod.
    Less is more

Hello, i decided i wanted to try out this mod, but when i go to download i have to chose an application to use in order to download it, could you please tell me which application to use?

Thanks for reading
    Proud member of the great TkD Clan and resident of the Kingdom of Sweden

Steam name: nfselephants/ Archduke Sven

I built an emissary but I still can't forge alliances with other nations. Any help would be appreciated, I want that 1000 gold reward.

How do you remove the new images that appear when you get some news or event? Really, they're boring looking and the rebellion one is just too gory. Thanks.

Merged Triple post //Vengur
    Last edited by The Vengur; October 02, 2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Triple Post Merged

Ok, I just got this mod and want to start by saying fantastic work!

As for bugs, so far the only one I've found is the tooltip for the "standardizing currency" tech for Prussia. The current tooltip is from the gunpowder tech.

Keep up the good work.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I shall check that out

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    i have a problem
    after clicking at the play button on the EIC launcher, im redirected to the steam (napoleon total war)store screen, but the game doesnt start. when i go and click the napoleon.exe, it starts, the screen gets all dark, but then it quits. any idea?
    Reinstall EIC

Quote Originally Posted by fabiorem2 View Post
    Launcher is broken, when I click to start it appears this "Unhandled exception has occurred in your aplication" and program closes. Already reinstalled and upgraded .net 4.0.
    Try running as administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenskjold View Post
    I have the excact same problem and are unable to get the mod going with the Losse packed files.Anyone having some tips? I am really eager to try this mod.
    Same as above

Quote Originally Posted by LotsofxXandzZ View Post
    Hello, i decided i wanted to try out this mod, but when i go to download i have to chose an application to use in order to download it, could you please tell me which application to use?

Thanks for reading
    Sorry what do you mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOverGame View Post
    I built an emissary but I still can't forge alliances with other nations. Any help would be appreciated, I want that 1000 gold reward.

How do you remove the new images that appear when you get some news or event? Really, they're boring looking and the rebellion one is just too gory. Thanks.

Merged Triple post //Vengur
    Try upgrading it an other level, can you post a screen shot ? and thats not possible
    Last edited by General Brewster; October 07, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Double post

It says EIC not installed now quitting

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast