Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

Probably it is a failure in the instalation of the startpos file.

Hey i have been playing Total war games since shogun and been modding only for the last two years. I installed EIC the first time maybe 4 months ago and it worked and i could play but i dont think the launcher worked. But once i exited the first game i ran i couldnt start it up again since then ive tried reinstalling many times both manual and automatic installation. Ive erased all files i could find even related to napoleon to make sure no conflicting mod files from other mods were let behind. I keep getting an error when using automatic while installing that a certain file couldnt be found and it asks to continue trying to install or quit if i continue the installer just stays the same and if i try and launch it says EIC is not installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is one of my favorite mods and i would love to be able to play it. Thanks so much for any help.=)

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

You launched the mod trough the launcher ?

by launcher do you mean the EIC installer the one with the logo? I have used that and i choose to start installation and it starts installing then just stops and is like frozen and if i try the loose files i get the same error when trying to launch the game either through launcher or not it says EIC is not installed . Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Is the path correctly to your NTW ?

Hi iv attempted to install and play you mod for the past 2 weeks. However every time i launch the game launcher after an install i get a n "unhandled exception" error and i cant launch the game or use the launcher. I have re installed the whole game and the mod several times, installed as admin and run as admin and also updated my NET framework several times however i still get this bug. Nothing in thees forum, of which i have scowered for an answer can help. Please give any advice i really want to try this mod!!!

Blog Entries

Is your NTW install on an other hard drive perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Is your NTW install on an other hard drive perhaps ?
    Thanks for the reply was worried incase this was a dead thread. Nope running of only one hard drive

Blog Entries

This is a hard one,

Let me start by welcoming you to the forum

do you have any other mods installed ?

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    This is a hard one,

Let me start by welcoming you to the forum

do you have any other mods installed ?
    Thanks
    Literally only join so i could post on this thread as i really wana try your mod!
    I had Darthmod installed but i did a full clean install and deleted DM files. Unless there are some hiding somewhere. Could it be an error with windows NT?

I can play battles, but in the main menu it says "EiC error! Your map files are not up to date". When I want to start a campaign, the game crashes. Steam won't update, so where do I get these map files?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_the_Shark View Post
    Thanks
    Literally only join so i could post on this thread as i really wana try your mod!
    I had Darthmod installed but i did a full clean install and deleted DM files. Unless there are some hiding somewhere. Could it be an error with windows NT?
    I know darthmod can have these problems of not deleting all files did you do it trough the darthmod installer ?
    Oh and I had nothing to do with this EIC build I only did beta testing back then

Quote Originally Posted by Weltgeist View Post
    I can play battles, but in the main menu it says "EiC error! Your map files are not up to date". When I want to start a campaign, the game crashes. Steam won't update, so where do I get these map files?
    pfoeh I wouldn't know it sadly when you start NTW left below what version is your NTW ?

v. 1.3.0 Build 1754.335753

Blog Entries

You bought NTW trough steam ?

Campidoctor

So, is there any way to 'turn off' disease? I have a National Hospital, and searching the forum the only answer I've come up with is "build more hospitals", but that's not an available option for me (and seems like a weird suggestion considering the description says you can only build one of them anyway?). Most of my cities have been stuck with disease for over 2 years now and I feel it's kind of starting to kill an otherwise awesome campaign for me. Anything I can do? Way to modify a script or something to get rid of the feature? I otherwise love the concept, just feel like it's not quite polished enough to be implemented in its current state.

Other than that though, I purchased NTW just for this mod a few days ago and don't regret it. Been having a blast liberating the western provinces and driving back the French menace as Austria, and things are about to get popping with the Ottomans in the fresh new year of 1808. The battles are just perfect, I love love love the slow, tactical approach, being able to watch firefights for a while without necessarily having to twitch around constantly and micromanage every waking moment. And the 'manpower' feature is a real godsend, I play on low and the resulting decisive battle are exactly what I want. Real good stuff!

Blog Entries

As far as I know that isn't possible. Did you not got asked to invest in a dissease fund ?

Campidoctor

I got asked and accepted the first time it happened, a few turns in I think. The second time there was no option to invest and it spread from there and has remained for 3 years now. Incidentally, since my last post I captured a town that had a Large Hospital, didn't change anything. This sucks.

Blog Entries

Interesting Best bet is continuing the campaign and see if it goes away sorry

Campidoctor

Well, just to confirm, disease is definitely a game breaker at this point. Not only did it not disappear after 4 years from towns that had it, even after conquering a new Large Hospital as well as a second National Hospital, but it broke out in more cities including the one with a National Hospital. The -4 happiness hit which had previously been preventing certain technologies and research to be done is now likely going to cause a rebellion. All things that wouldn't have been a problem if they were working as intended and not clearly a bugged system where you can only acquire disease, never get rid of it. The option for spending money to improve it only came up the first time, in the first rounds of the game. The next two outbreaks were unmitigated. It's a shame too, was having a very fun campaign with plenty of stuff going on and to look forward to. I might still try and play a few more turns, see how it goes, but morale has taken a serious hit from a point blank canister shot of typhus.

Blog Entries

I seriously regret that it is a game breaker for you. I'm sorry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast