Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Default Re: Post your empire

This is my Seleucid campaign around the year 246BC. I've spent most of the time fighting rebels in my empire, and trying to keep it together (which seems to be working:original I fought the Parthians, who i was able to weaken to a point where they were subjected by rebels. Then the Armenians and Pontics were taken care of, so the Caucasus and Anatolia are under my control. I also conquered the eastern coast of Arabia, so the Persian gulf is under my control mostly. Andd.. now I'm at war with the Ptolemies, who I don't want to attack yet (so i'll just fend them off for now) because I don't need anymore burdens in trying to manage newly seized territories.

Last edited by leg167; July 31, 2006 at 10:49 AM.

Been playing for a few days, havent expanded too much.

small update, line in red is new border

Roman Campaign, cant remember difficulty
    242 BC
    Made peace with Epirot and they loaded their army onto a boat, which i promptly destroyed (they had elephants, i was supposed to let that threat live on??!!). Overran them after that, and took Croton and Tarentum. expanded out and captured their last cities, ending their bloodline before my Faction Leader died as i had promised, then pushed up and took mediolanium and patavium.
    Allied with Carthage and have been since the start of the game. They've done their own thing and have expanded alot taking all of Africa and pushing into Spain.
    Allied to both Thrace and Macedon, but they attack each other, so sided with MAcedon. Was pushed for moeny and couldn't aid them, and so they were destroyed. I was then assaulted by three Thracian armies and had to train a Legion to cross over and help defend. The Legion that took the Alps went round by land, taking Dalmatia and relieving the seiges. They then pushed up to Singidunum where they've been for many years now as a defense against Thracian hordes, of which there are many. I'm hoping for Thrace to be distracted so i can push in while my faction leader lives, but at 67, im expecting him to drop dead any turn now.
    Also aching to use 1.5 stacks near Salona and push down into Greek States; could really use the extra cash to raise another Legion as a home guard or to take Sicily.
    Now just waiting for the reforms so the conquesting can really start
    Last edited by Asiriya; August 01, 2006 at 09:33 AM.

Update on my Greek Cities campaign.

Have consolidated in Greece, and have Thrace on the run. Im also at war with Egypt, but theyre busy fighting Carthage and the Seleucids. Stupidly, the Seleucids broke their Aliiance with me, and now Im gonna kick them out of Asia Minor - starting with Sardis. Epirus has expanded north and west, but we've left eachother alone for now.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

This is the Gallic campiagn I just finished, I wanted to continue but I quite because Macedon was getting too strong. I had defeated the Romans(who are the barbarians now?! :pwnd: ) and abandoned my northern tarritory since I didint want trouble with the Britons and Germans. I also warred with Epirus who is now only in control of Massana(in Sicily) and Crete. Meanwhile, it looked like the Seleucid empire was toppling down in the east. Bactria, Aremenia, and Parthia attacked them from the north, while Pontus struck in the west, and Egypt from the south.(Taking Antioch!) I was also campiagning in Spain with some success, but since I was at war with Carthage aswell I wasent very enthueastic about it. At one piont I was one of the most powerful naval empires in the western Med, but after the war with Macedon my ships(aswell as my armies) were getting cut to pieces and thats when I decided that I'd go into the descr_strat and set Mac's starting money to -900000. :wink: (Atleast I made it to 250 BC)

A swell campiagn it was! I thank lusted and Kaweh.k for there hard efforts that brought me to greatness.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Has anyone ever gotten far playing as Epirus? I'm playing VH/H, just 5-6 years into the campaign.
    By the end of my very first turn, I had taken two Roman cities, thanks to that huge army I started with.
    I'm now expanding everywhere, alliances with Greece (which has started to take on Macedon, but will
    probably need help soon...) and Carthage. So far, only four factions have done anything: Me and my
    ally Greece against Rome allied with Macedon. Rome only has one city left now, I'm trying to convince
    them to accept a ceasefire. I had hoped they could be a buffer state between me an Gaul while I focus
    on northeastern expansion, but they recently allied Gaul (apparently in response to my alliance with
    Carthage) and I'm not sure what to do with them. They also won't even talk to my diplomat. They hate
    me.

Anyway, Macedon has threatened me a while (being my ally's enemy and my enemy's ally) and I'm going
    to start attacking them soon. However, I want to leave room for Greece to expand, I want them to have
    some living room. I'll post a picture soon.

Thanks to all those who worked on this mod, it's amazing!

Edit: This post has been formatted to fit your screen.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

My favorite faction in TE sofar is Epirus.(Gaul is pretty neat too but I think they need a makover unitwise)
    My best advice concering the Greek states vs. Macedon would be to side with Greece and hammer Macedon ASAP.
    Macedon is one of the most powerful factions in the game, thanks to there rich Greek lands that give them the money to spam phalanx armies.So if you wish to survive as Epirus you need to dispose of them and then go east and deal with the other juggernuaght, Seleukia.(You dont have to keep the lands you take just make sure that they dont keep them)
    And then maybe go after Carthage cuse by then they'll probubly want a piece of you aswell!
    Thats my strategically advice, not so good on the battlefield since I cant even win a skirmish on VH battle.(yeah I'm a pussy)Just do what ever is been keeping you alive and stick with it!

Hope that helps Zu! Celt out.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

The Seleucids never becomes a juggernaught when I play.. they just sit and get their arse handed to them by some quite small factions = lame gameplay

Here is my Roman campaign. I have secured my right flank crushing both Greece and Macedon. Thrace is not in a position to make a move on me as I have crushed the main bulk of their armies. On the western flank I have destroyed Gaul, and I am now letting my armies do their work on the Iberians. They will soon fall as I have crushed their armies. The Britons to the north will never be a threat to me as I have also crushed their armies. But I won't expand further north because I want to recreate the exact Roman Empire. In the south Carthage is making some trouble but not something I can't handle as I have about 4 full stacks in that area. My next move is to secure the rest of spain and france, and then move into the mainland Britain. And then secure all the coastal-cities in Carthage before moving east into egypt.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

just got back from 2 weeks away on holiday, dont think i showed this pic of my greek empire (that i gave up on after the darth mod thing or something decided to make the game crash everytime i went into a battle) - i also got bored of trying to take overthe whole map when there was no real opposition left (even carthage's armies had been all but destroyed in gaul)

oh and on my roman campaign ive reached a point now, where im replaying the turn over and over (about 7 times now) because it keeps doing a ctd during the turn change.

is this a bug in the game or something? i vageuly remember it happening in the past but it fixed itself..never had this problem go on for this long making the campaign completely unplayable.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

After a big battle?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

how do u make and edit screenshots???

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by augustusingreen
    how do u make and edit screenshots???
    You take the screenshot ingame using the PrintScreen Key, or Fraps if you want, but the Printscreen is easier. Then after you quit RTW go to the RTW folder and open the tgas folder and youll find you screens in there

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    After a big battle?
    nope, i just press end turn and it goes thru a bit of my unit moves, then crashes before finishing my bit of the turn taking.

I love the strategic AI in this mod.

Coupled with the increased unit training costs and its becoming very difficult to expand quickly. Presently, Im at gridlock with the Gauls at my two cities north of Cisalpine Gaul, and at Massilia. Macedon has become a monster and are constantly attacking Patavium. I feel I might lose that city in a few years.

I can't for the life of me understand why Spain are so passive. If they were at war with Gaul, it would relieve a lot of the pressure.

Great campaign.

Playing H/H

I'm still playing a gaul campaign. Its the longest campaign I have ever played, in the vanilla RTW I conquered the whole map before 200BC
    with Carthage. Its around 160BC. I've conquered and left my home country of France forced by the Germans, destroyed Iberia together
    with Carthago. The Macedonians where throwing stack after stack after stack at Patavium and I only could withstand the sieges
    because pikemen where no match on the walls to my swordsmen and chosen swordsmen.
    I prepared an army in the south, to invade Sparta - Athens, it was'nt easy because of financial problems. I got a fleet right before I went into
    debt. Southern greece was not defended so I got to Pella fairly easy. Then I found out that forresters where archers and not skirmishers,
    and my problems fighting pikemen where over. I destroyed Macedon and Dacia, two firm allies and only the third ally stays over: Germany.
    That one is going down next: four stacks are ready at the black sea, (two cities north of Byzantium).

In the rest of the world Carthago and Pontus are important players. Carthago has Iberia, Africa and Egypt. Pontus has Turkey, Persian Gulf,
    and is now eating Armenia ( it was as large as Pontus ( whole Seleukia, to the north of the black sea bording me) together with the rest
    of Seleukia and Baktria. Baktria is a firm bought ally of me, donated 200.000 gold while destroying Macedonia, and with that money they
    could withstand Armenia. I've taken pictures and I'll post some later.