Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Post your empire

hmm.. I wonder if there was a Greek island called "Gay" since they have Lesbos -> Lesbians

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

Then it would be called Homos.
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

just started my armenian campaign on H/H.... i attacked crazy rebels with 3 chevrons and a bronze sword

*edit* this is the aftermath of the battle

*edit* i also found out in my earlier roman campaign is the easiest way to make a actual legion (1 general, 1 first cohort, 9 cohorts, 4 archers or 2 archer and 2 javelin, 3 support, and 2 cav)

you need like 5 cities... then in one of the cities you make 1 first cohort and 2 cohorts... the next city put 4 cohorts in the recruitment queue... then in the next one put 3 cohorts then an archer.. then in the next put 3 archers and an auxilia infantry... then put 2 auxilia infantry and 2 cav in the next city.. TA DA 1 whole legion in less then 4 turns
    Last edited by The Black Reaper; July 24, 2006 at 03:54 AM.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

I've been playing as the seleucids. It's 252BC, now and I've expanded a little, mostly over anatolia, and conquered the rather stubborn armenians. I've repelled the Parthian invasions, which left them lacking an organized army, resulting in their subjugation to rebel forces. I'm at war with the ptolemies (as usual) and conquered Sidon and Cyprus; haven't encountered any offenses from them since. Other than that the rest of my campaign was about trying to keep my empire together, and confronting countless rebel armies...oi...but it's paying off I'm only afraid of the bactrians in the east, and the carthaginians in the west, those two seem to be gaining power. But most of all i fear rome. They've expanded very quickly, and the amount of legions that i encounter (when i send a diplomat to roman regions) are enormous. They have maximized legions with experience and in large numbers..and they are moving eastward against macedonia, so I'll be in their way soon enough...which is why i need to strengthen my western borders of anatolia to be prepared.

Well that's all:original:

I just don't get how to upload my campaign map picture on the forum:hmmm: I've never done that before.

I'm the Romans , as you can see i've had a very interesting campaign Carthage threatening egypt, pontus becoming big, iberia kicking my butt, germans bieng very very troublesome, and Macedon picking up in asia minor.

I went north and used to have all of gaul and all of greece (greece had a large empire) now im at war with Iberia and the Germans I tried to flank the Iberians and land in spain itself , i exterminated 3 cities but now they are sieging ALL three

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikko785

I'm the Romans , as you can see i've had a very interesting campaign Carthage threatening egypt, pontus becoming big, iberia kicking my butt, germans bieng very very troublesome, and Macedon picking up in asia minor.

I went north and used to have all of gaul and all of greece (greece had a large empire) now im at war with Iberia and the Germans I tried to flank the Iberians and land in spain itself , i exterminated 3 cities but now they are sieging ALL three
    Yes, the Iberians are tough. Can you say "Bull Warrior". A unit of Bull Warriors is worth twice its weight in gold denarrii.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Rome in 197BC

In around 255BC I have conquered all of Italy including the Carthaginian islands and Sicily. After a rather easy defensive campigan(didn't want to expend back then) against the Gauls over Mediolanium, Massila and Patavium, I turned south to Carthage taking Carthago and that city below it. Then both have made an alliance against me, followed by Germania aswell. Carthage and Gaul have started a naval battle which I slowly began to win untill Carthage had built dockyards, so I said "enough" and offered them Carthago and that other city for peace and trade(ofcourse I had destroyed their ability to build and trade... anything at those cities ). And everytime I needed money I sent an army back to north africa, conquered them two cities again, massacring their population(after the first time they had a +7 growing rate so after 15 years or so they had 25,000 people in these cities), destroying what they have built, leaving and offering trade and peace.

Soooooo... 50 years later in 200BC, after beating stack by stack of Gauls, the Greeks, who were crushing Dacia with some help from Germania, have reached my borders with a huge army and even bigger navy, constantly trying to take Patavium but with no luck. Once they were weakened I sent an army to Rhodos, Salona and Cronith and from there on I blitzed Greece.

Then I noticed the Iberians are getting powerfull and driving Carthage out of Iberia, so I did my best and kept the Gauls intact so I wouldn't have to fight Iberia(I'd really rather fight the Gauls then the Iberians), I have used to add_money cheat to give Gaul money for peace and agreement to attack the Iberians while they're weak, I had started to pay them that way every turn but the Iberians quickly overcomed them, so now I'm fighting enormous amount of Iberians every turn and they've already taken Massila and Mediolanium from me(those Bull warriors... god damn, they're beating the **** out of my Leginoners!)

(Notice I still have an army to fight them, but they're retraining at Roma and Arretium)

Now, after I'll finish the Iberians, the faction I fear the most are Pontus. OMG...
    At the same turn I had Marius reforms and they've got their Legioners, they've taken Armenia and now easily crushing the powerful(unbeatable at the time) alliance between Patolomio(sp?) and Selucia. Every few years I use toggle_fow to follow their progress and every time I do that they're just getting bigger and better in a ridiculous rate! They are corrently beseging 3 Egyptian settelments and a few Selucids ones, by 150BC they'll dominate the whole Eastren map.

By the way, eventhough Greeks have won against Macedonia, They cannot destory them completely see below all of those heroic vectories by Macedon(theres another one near Byzantion but that family member hides it):

Armenia, VH/M, TE 5.1.

heres my armenian empire, kinda need some suggestions on taking pontus though, and yes i am aware that antioch and tarsus' ports are blockaded

Just use Horse Archers and, if you have them, Cataphract Horse Archers. General's Bodyguards and Cataphracts make good melee combat units. You need to rely on ranged combat from atop horses as Armenia. Horse Archers may seem weak, but in groups of 8 and more, they are LETHAL to the AI.

Here's mine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manslaughter the Great

Here's mine
    Wow! Looks like you have a good grip on the western med there. Whats going on back east though?

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

The eastern Provinces like Egypt are fresh provinces. I plan to conquer more of Parthia and kick Egypt permanently out of their lands since they have 2 full stacks outside memphis. See that army I've clicked on?

I'm going to take care of them with that one hehe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manslaughter the Great
    The eastern Provinces like Egypt are fresh provinces. I plan to conquer more of Parthia and kick Egypt permanently out of their lands since they have 2 full stacks outside memphis. See that army I've clicked on?

I'm going to take care of them with that one hehe.
    Well, its looking good there. Whose that big brown block off to the east?

​​

The House of Baltar

Whats left of the Seleucid empire

I imagine Egypt has wiped them out by now but I have not had contact with them for over 50 years since Egypt controls the Arabian Peninsula and beyond. I don't know if Bactria is flourishing or not either. Might want to send out spies.

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Here is my Rome campaign, played Jul18 to 22 2006 on TE5.1-CE.
    Since I've never done this before, and the campaign was a lot of fun, I'm thinking of trying to write an AAR

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

my new roman campaign (i got bored conquering the 1/4 of the world left outside of my greek empire on my other campaign, there wasnt anyone that could oppose me at all)
    I was allying with most factions early (i was trying to be completely defensive throughout this campaign) - Gaul, epirus, greeks, macedon, seleucids, egypt, pontus, germania..
    Early on i had a fight with carthage (they attacked me), i took all of sicily quickly and Corsica, at which time they offered peace, i accepted.

Gaul expanded at a massive rate, controlling from france, into spain and almost into the black sea - the germans were not offensive at all due to ally with me and my ally with gaul, they became a major force in the west.

Alliances of course began to break down soon enough though, The greeks attacked the macedonians and i sided with macedon, this was of no concern really because they seemed so far away, but the epirots also then attacked macedon, i sided with the macedonians again and this is when i began preperation for the invasion of southern italy (the epirots began building a large army there too, which looked a bit threatening).

I managed to destroy the epirot threat in a couple of battles and took both their italian provinces, i moved on into greece and realise the macedonians had been kicked from the area and had only their island provinces remaining, the greeks controlled all of greece and the epirots were their allies, they attacked the epirots though, taking a province and i took the others - was only a matter of time before the 2 dominant forces (me and the greeks) clashed.

All this time i was very stretched, the greeks had far more manpower than i did in the area, but i slowly beat them back and ended up completely annihilating them as i spent almsot all my money on building several armies.

-While my armies were needed in greece, the gauls obviously saw their chance, i offered map info in trade for map info from them, at which point they said "time to end the alliance" and began trying to invade.
    Somehow i managed to hold them (i think with a scratch group of soldiers) in time for my armies to come from greece. I won several battles, lost several battles but eventually i took over the provinces south of the alps. But the threat in the alps was not the only one for gaul had control of most of the provinces that were directly above mine, so the fighting spread to the balkans where i took several provinces with an army before gaul brought some massive amounts of manpower to bear..

I trained a lot of spies to start infiltrating and steamrolling unprotected cities, this was met with much success and after a few more descisive victories for me the gauls didnt have a standing army left, i split their empire in two (eastern europe and western europe) and assimilated most of it, im stll in the process of finishing the provinces in france.

-Britannia then attacked from their 1 mainland province - the manpower they have is suprising but they have not succeeded in taking any provinces as i quickly moved my by-now superior armies intothe area to force them off - what i also did was train 4 auxilleries and a couple of either cav. or archers in each province, the plan was when one province was laid under siege several others could group together to form an army to fight the siegers off (as most of the time enemy siegers were small armies).

Then of course, as i moved into the gaul provinces in spain, the iberians thought they could take me on, they took one of my newly conquered provinces, which i then quickly retook, and marched 3 fullbanner armies in, i have taken only one iberian town so far as i have a lack of spies here, but i lay siege to two others and have destroyed most of the iberian armies in the north.

In eastern europe i laid siege to the only thracian province, and then forced their faction leader (who was outside) into a protectorate, i then gave them the remnants of dacia they wont accept any of the provinces i dont want though

-Once ive finished with spain im setting my sights on western africa (aka carthage).

----------------

Other empires: The macedonians, beaten off of greece have moved into asia and have nearly destroyed a previously strong pontus, re-establishing themselves as a major force in the world. Macedon is at war with only pontus at the present time.
    Sluecid Empire, has not crumbled at all, lost a couple of provinces, but has more than made up for these losses by gaining many egyptian cities (including their home provinces) and a parthian one. The seluecids are at war with the baktrians, parthia and egypt.
    Eygpt, has been tag-teamed by carthage and the seluecids, seems like they buckled recently when the selucids began taking many of their cities, against carthage the battle is over cyrene, switches sides often when i check.
    Carthage, lost all her gains in spain (and she had some 6 provinces, before losing them all to the iberians), destroyed numidia and gained Cyrene from the egyptians (although the city constantly goes back and forth in hands).
    Thrace, pretty inactive, took a dacian province, lost it again, became protectorate of moi.
    Germania - gave them a province i took from gaul, expanded towards the east. allied with me but cancelled and allied with gaul.
    Britannia - Took a province in france, trying to expand by hitting me, failing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carach

my new roman campaign (i got bored conquering the 1/4 of the world left outside of my greek empire on my other campaign, there wasnt anyone that could oppose me at all)
    I was allying with most factions early (i was trying to be completely defensive throughout this campaign) - Gaul, epirus, greeks, macedon, seleucids, egypt, pontus, germania..
    Early on i had a fight with carthage (they attacked me), i took all of sicily quickly and Corsica, at which time they offered peace, i accepted.

Gaul expanded at a massive rate, controlling from france, into spain and almost into the black sea - the germans were not offensive at all due to ally with me and my ally with gaul, they became a major force in the west.

Alliances of course began to break down soon enough though, The greeks attacked the macedonians and i sided with macedon, this was of no concern really because they seemed so far away, but the epirots also then attacked macedon, i sided with the macedonians again and this is when i began preperation for the invasion of southern italy (the epirots began building a large army there too, which looked a bit threatening).

I managed to destroy the epirot threat in a couple of battles and took both their italian provinces, i moved on into greece and realise the macedonians had been kicked from the area and had only their island provinces remaining, the greeks controlled all of greece and the epirots were their allies, they attacked the epirots though, taking a province and i took the others - was only a matter of time before the 2 dominant forces (me and the greeks) clashed.

All this time i was very stretched, the greeks had far more manpower than i did in the area, but i slowly beat them back and ended up completely annihilating them as i spent almsot all my money on building several armies.

-While my armies were needed in greece, the gauls obviously saw their chance, i offered map info in trade for map info from them, at which point they said "time to end the alliance" and began trying to invade.
    Somehow i managed to hold them (i think with a scratch group of soldiers) in time for my armies to come from greece. I won several battles, lost several battles but eventually i took over the provinces south of the alps. But the threat in the alps was not the only one for gaul had control of most of the provinces that were directly above mine, so the fighting spread to the balkans where i took several provinces with an army before gaul brought some massive amounts of manpower to bear..

I trained a lot of spies to start infiltrating and steamrolling unprotected cities, this was met with much success and after a few more descisive victories for me the gauls didnt have a standing army left, i split their empire in two (eastern europe and western europe) and assimilated most of it, im stll in the process of finishing the provinces in france.

-Britannia then attacked from their 1 mainland province - the manpower they have is suprising but they have not succeeded in taking any provinces as i quickly moved my by-now superior armies intothe area to force them off - what i also did was train 4 auxilleries and a couple of either cav. or archers in each province, the plan was when one province was laid under siege several others could group together to form an army to fight the siegers off (as most of the time enemy siegers were small armies).

Then of course, as i moved into the gaul provinces in spain, the iberians thought they could take me on, they took one of my newly conquered provinces, which i then quickly retook, and marched 3 fullbanner armies in, i have taken only one iberian town so far as i have a lack of spies here, but i lay siege to two others and have destroyed most of the iberian armies in the north.

In eastern europe i laid siege to the only thracian province, and then forced their faction leader (who was outside) into a protectorate, i then gave them the remnants of dacia they wont accept any of the provinces i dont want though

-Once ive finished with spain im setting my sights on western africa (aka carthage).

----------------

Other empires: The macedonians, beaten off of greece have moved into asia and have nearly destroyed a previously strong pontus, re-establishing themselves as a major force in the world. Macedon is at war with only pontus at the present time.
    Sluecid Empire, has not crumbled at all, lost a couple of provinces, but has more than made up for these losses by gaining many egyptian cities (including their home provinces) and a parthian one. The seluecids are at war with the baktrians, parthia and egypt.
    Eygpt, has been tag-teamed by carthage and the seluecids, seems like they buckled recently when the selucids began taking many of their cities, against carthage the battle is over cyrene, switches sides often when i check.
    Carthage, lost all her gains in spain (and she had some 6 provinces, before losing them all to the iberians), destroyed numidia and gained Cyrene from the egyptians (although the city constantly goes back and forth in hands).
    Thrace, pretty inactive, took a dacian province, lost it again, became protectorate of moi.
    Germania - gave them a province i took from gaul, expanded towards the east. allied with me but cancelled and allied with gaul.
    Britannia - Took a province in france, trying to expand by hitting me, failing.
    Great report, lets see some screenshots!

​​

The House of Baltar

heres my romans, 259 bc

You're doing good. Though I suggest you capture atleast the city of Carthage. Capture Carthage and Carthiginians lose most of thier backbone. You shold also try to storm the western coast of Greece. And where did the Greeks get to?