Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Average British Student

Default Re: Post your empire

Quote Originally Posted by Carach
    thats what i did, then i grouped them to make it quicker to move (due to my ****** pc it would take ages to set it up)

then it freeze and crash..that still darth mod? because i NEVER had it until recently.
    I think it was error in old version of darth formations

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Do you actually DRAG the formation and than it freezes? If so, yes, it's Darth's formation file. But I think there's a newer version of it, somewhere, will look into it and include it in my TE mod (link in signature)

Edit: Wipeout was faster...

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Well, defeat. I struck the finishing blow to the Gauls, just. But with them out of the way, it was just more problems. Brittania landed a huge sea invasion on the north coast. At this point, struggling as I was to maintain garrisons in each city, Germania attacked from the east. Facing these two armies, there is no hope of success. To make matters worse, with Numidia and Carthage allied, Numidia have begun landing boats full of men to attack Emporion. Every few turns I face 2-3000 men strong armies from Carthage and Numidia in spain, coupled with regular raids from Iberia.

This campaign really has been hell. An average income of 2-3k each turn. Low public order in all my new towns, despite exterminations. Not enough money to field garrisons, let a lone train new legions for the war. EVERYONE seems to be allied against me. Germania, Gaul, Iberia, Carthage, Numidia all allied and ALL fighting me. What a nightmare.

I'll be starting over shortly, but this time I think I'll go south and teach Carthage a lesson.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Imo as romans you should play the start pretty much as it is in history books - taking all of Italy, but don't take the northern towns if you feel too weak to deal with gauls. Then take the nearby islands and when Sicily was taken it's usually a good move to use the same armies to take Carthage also for it is quite a large city and trains the best units Carthaganians can have + ofcourse Hadrametum. I did that in all in my vh/vh campaign and noone felt too strong after that. I think the best strat after that would be to take as many Meditarranean towns as you can get to boost your economy - I decided to defeat numidians and carthaganians from the desert first and it was a really long fight with these towns offering next to nothing in income + getting a border with Ptolemaios is not a good thing :S

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

i started a roman campaign the other day, killed epirus, breif war with carthage in which i took sicily and corsica. Greeks attacked me and i destroyed them too - i have all of greece, part of the balkans and all of italy (except the northern towns which gaul owns) - gaul have spread out all the way along the top from the english channel to the dacians on the black sea - they then attacked me in italy.

the guals are suprisingly strong, its the first time ive really fought them as a non-phalanx/hoplite army.

ive lost quite a few armies to them (either through complete disasters of close victories in which both armies have been destroyed)

ill post my roman campaign up later.

Downloaded TE a while ago and started a campaign with the gaul on VH/M.
    All was going well until today. I had the whole of gaul ( let a border between me and germans: samarobriva, etc,), italy (destroyed romans and epirus) and the upper part of Iberia. I'm allied to Carthago, with military acces both ways. Regular allies with Brittania (long time not heard from them) and Pontus.

My economy is ok, but not great. Army upkeep is +35.000 gold, and I make 20.000 gold profit each turn. But I have to add new buildings each turn, so there is not always 20k left, more like 3 to 7000.
    I'm also streched to thin. In gaul only 1 à 2 warband in a city. In Italy, some more, because they are not happy. Culture penalty, I need to build the castrum, in a few cities.

First enemy: Spain, it has only 2 cities left, and some small armies. Carthago has the cities in the south of Spain.
    Second enemy: Dacia: They are pretty large, from the black sea and scynthia in the east to the alps in the west.
    Third enemy: Macedon: Destroyed the greeks, defeated Epirus on the balkan and now coming my way.
    Fourth enemy: Germans: They have everything from scandinavia, Holland, bording with Dacia at the alps, and Scynthia in the east.

Biggest problem is, these last three are allied to each other, and none wants ceasefire. Their economy seems to be good to, because all armies I see, are full stacks. Macedon is sending 3 reserve for the two besieging Patavium.
    The germans have two almost full stacks besieging Bibracte

Last turn Macedon attacked at Patavium, 1100 of mine against +2600 of theirs. 2 warband, 5 swordsmen, 7 clanwarriors and a general defended at 2 gates very well. Why the gates; they where open, they came from 2 sides, and infantery agaist pikemen in a city, even on the square, its almost impossible. I managed to rout a few units of theirs, killed 1600 of them total, all my men fought to their last breath, but got slaughtered.

With still 3 full stacks coming and some Dacian semi stacks in the regio, I'm in need for strong actions. So I decided to destroy all cities in gaul and spain, (this is done). They are not well defended, have all stockade, the economy is not so good as in Italy, and around the Mediterean sea.
    Planning next turns:
    When they rebel, I hope they give some trouble to the germans. Some cities in Spain I'm going to give to Carthago, maybe they want to attack Macedon for it. All armies I'm going to retreat to Italy, exept those in spain, they'll destroy Iberia first.
    With these armies I'll hope to withstand those Macedon attacks, while I'll prepare an army in the south. This army must counquer Greece before Macedon gets back.

This campaign is the hardest I have played, its the first without vanilla. So its fun.

Q: Can you let an AI city revolt by putting spies in and destroying shrines? I can get the public order lower, but the turn later its coming up again. Without army or spy movement.
    Q2: are forrester skirmishers good? I never trained them, nor regular skirmishers.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Quote Originally Posted by lsteve

Q: Can you let an AI city revolt by putting spies in and destroying shrines? I can get the public order lower, but the turn later its coming up again. Without army or spy movement.
    Q2: are forrester skirmishers good? I never trained them, nor regular skirmishers.
    1. i dont think destroying shrines is gonna have the city revolt..

2.well if your facing off against elephants which is a big maybe for guals then you have to use skirmishers or your dead... but wat i do is have skirmishers in front and the archers in the back.... so my archers shoot when the enemy is far and then my skirmishers shoot when there in range for them to fire..

hope that helped

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

I know destroying the shrine/ temples alone is not enough. I put some spies in too, sometimes 5 or more, and I get public order of 50% in that city. But I never saw a city rebel against the AI.

I know, they have a bonus against elephants, especially forresters I think ( they can throw flaming spears).
    Normally I use archers, almost never skirmishers, but Gaul doesn't have archers.

Hah. RTW:BI as vh/h Western Romans is still the case

Goths,Huns and Vandals are dead. Sarmatians managed to capture Salona so now I went and took it back and going to kill off their horde also. Franks and Saxons both have 1 town left. Lombardii just lost 2 full stacks and are down to 2 towns. Eastern Romans don't want peace but aren't fighting me either. Just made england revolt by destroying pagan shrines and building christian ones. Now massacreing the towns.

Argh! Cannot resist TE! Must play Ptolmaios!

Here's what I own so far:

more later!

These are pics from when I decided to give up Gallial and get back at the Italian cities. All forces are on their way, I razed all the buildings.
    The german army besieging Bibracte will capture it the next turn.
    [img=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4471/gaul1iq2.th.jpg]

On the macedonian front, an army is besieging Mediolanium. It will be liberated with reinforcements from Massilia in one of the next turns.

These reinforcements will siege Patavium with some extra troops from the pennisula. They have to conquer it quick and qon't loose much troops, because Macedon has some reserve. And in the back some Dacian forces are waiting.

this is a pic of the pass into italy.... ive been fighting stacks of iberians for 15 years... ITS CRAZY!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

[IMG][/IMG]

Ohhh and BTW ^^^ are you even playing this MOD??! But my campaign also has Iberia conquering huge amounts of land.

Me and my lovely Bactrian Bisiliki Phalanx!

"War is only sweet to those who haven't experienced it" - Plato

i waited a few years so they AI could actually raise enough money to make stacks and stacks of armies..... i took sicily and the rest of italy then just stayed there for 40-50 years then at 210 i started to expand east with a couple legions then the Britons destroyed Gaul and Iberia and Briton both attacked me with 2 stacks each... lucky i had forts in the mountain passes so i quickly brought back a legion from greece and built 2 more to withstand the onslaught..... now after i destroy the attacking force im gonna have my 3 stacks take Iberias cities then move north..

Okies, got a screenie from an Armenia VH/M campaign I just started (only on the 2nd turn).

I bribed the settlement of Mskheta (cost me about 29,000!), but considering I got 3 Sparabara (3 exp and +1 weapons) and 3 Archers (+3 exp and +1 weapons), and I didn't have to fight over the town and get heavy casualties...I consider the money well spent. Just fought a battle with some rebel units who moved out of Kotais. Heh...they brought in their troops from the settlement as reinforcements. I slaughtered 'em. Gotta love Horse Archers. And the new General's Bodyguards for Armenia. So far, so good. I have already spent lots of money...but, that doesn't matter. I meeded to remove that one massive rebel army at Mskheta somehow...fighting wouldn't have been so easy. As for the other massive rebel armies in the other regions...I won't expand that way just yet. Asia Minor is yearning for me. If I remove Pontus as a threat now, all the better. Plus Asia Minor is a treasure trove of economic riches. Seleucia won't be much of a threat...and they'll have to deal with my Horse Archers if they want to pose a threat.

Um guys im quite a newbie , so which mod is this that ur playing ??? Which extends map to India ... EB or RTR ??
    You give me blood and I shall provide you with freedom .

Subhash Chandra Bose

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Its Terrae Expugnandae, hence why this threads in the TE sub forum.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Its know as "TE" around these forums... Mainly because its hard to pronouce haha

Oh and Lusted.. You wouldnt happen to know if you get a LOT of Corruption Expenditure from playing with Bactria?? Because mine is very high and i hardly have any money.

"War is only sweet to those who haven't experienced it" - Plato

srry off topic...

hey didnt Evariste find the right pronunciation for the name??

now on topic...

this is a couple years after the huge iberian army tried to invade italy...