Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Default Re: Post your empire

I'm around year 230 bc atm with around 50 provinces. Got 6 elite armies with +3 armour, +3 attack and atleast +3 exp units (Usual setup is 12 imperial legions(up to 2 first legions), 4 archers, 3 cavalary and general). Later versions also have up to 2 onagers after my 2 heavy onagers took down 400 enemy soldiers(25%) in one single fight. (mind that I'm playing with medium sized groups(42 men in legion etc). I also have tons of troops that I haven't really counted. They have just been trained where they are needed bringing the total upkeep of my armies to 90-100k per round.

Fighting against Ptolemaios near Nile with 2, Iberians(they have 2 provinces left) with 1, Gauls(3 provinces),Germanians(they still have quite a few towns) and Brits(no provinces on main land anymore) with 3 elite armies. Still the only real problem seems to be civil uprisings which slow me down but they end after a few exterminations. Also I still don't know how to fight elephants so I let AI do all fights against Ptolemaios (actually many other fights too since the game seems to get really slow after some fights).

Anyway it seems there is no point in making any important long plans since before I finish germanians and brits some new enemy has probably attacked me already

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

My Epirot campaign at h/vh

The lands of Epirot. 240 B.C

The Sicilian front. So far everything looks good since the whole Carthanginian force are currently on the Aegyptus front leaving behind several undefended territories. Lilybaeum should fall without any force needed.

The Illyrian front. Nothing much is happening here. The Romans have been stripped of their military power bringing an end to their once formidable army--except for some sporadic naval raids. The Macedonians are currently on defense mode against the Greeks and they wouldn't bother to attack me via the alps. The Illyrian front should be quiet for quite awhile.

The Gallic front. This is where my army is currently having a hard time. The Gauls seem endless for ive just slayed some 7000 of them and their military might is still skyrocketing. The battle for Gallia should take awhile.

Year 207 bc as vh/vh romans and I think this is where I end also getting kind of tired looking out for 80+ provinces and I accidently pressed the automanage all button so now I'd have to go thru each town and remove the automatic recruit :S. Haven't lost a single fight with my main armies yet, even won the ones where I let autobattle fight 2-3 enemies at once.

Defeating enemies has been quite easy... only problem is rioting when towns go back to enemies (then enemies seem to get 20 new units each time) and I've usually had to conquer each town 2-3 times and massacre all the citizens inside until around 1000 pop left. Thats the reason all my main armies leaders have the title butcher also :|

Anyway as you can see I've finished gauls, iberians, carthaganians, numidians, ptolemaios. Many have been ended with or without my help by others. Germanians and britons are almost dead also. Got armenians as allies and fighting mainly greeks and macedonians now. Got 7 main armies - 1 finishing off britons on the islands, 1 in egypt moving west to intercept the macedonians that managed to grab one of my desert cities, 1 just finished off ptolemaios over the sea north of alexandria - would use it to take rhodos now for +40% more naval trade(30k more income or so), 1 made an amphibious landing east of Italy, 1 is fighting greeks east of mediolanum, 1 is about to enter Scandinavia... as soon as I can get a boat there and 1 just finished beating up 2 germanian and 4-5 greece armies without any chance for reinforcements meaning that it will go into refitting in Italy.

Anyway, was interesting

I just compleated the domination stage of my roman game (Vh/Vh) Not that i'm stopping untill the whole map red or i die of old age :hmmm:

Just thought it was interesting how things sometimes turn out, Pontus who normaly kick botty and take large chunks out the seleucid empire (who have been wiped out) have been pushed back into modern day Oman and its the armenians that have conquered in the east. The once proud gremans have been taught their place (no teutenberg forest disaster for me), And the thracians have been pushed north by the dacians who at one time had a large (ish) empire that threatened my territorys in greece.

Since taking this pic i've taken the southern citys in britian and built up a navy in the english channel to stop the britians lauching attacks into the ex-galic lands and sent a few full stack armys into asia minor from greece as war broke out with the armenians when i took antioch from the egyptians.

Eqypt isnt the power it once was thanks to a lightning war by me using ships to land large armys at all their coastal citys which quickly and knocked them out the race for ultimate super power status, so its just down to me and the armenians for that title so i'll need to deal with them ASAP. But ive a feeling thats going to be easyer said than done as the armenian empire so vast and wide spread it means sending armys in all directions at once, and i'm bound to be caught out at some point, Or be dragged into the mother of all meat grinder wars.

What i would like to know is if theres a vaccination or T.E anonymous support group i could join to help with my T.E addiction, I dont want to shop cold turkey but i'd kinda like to see the sun again, breath fresh air and maybe rid myself of this crippling R.S.I ive developed.

Conquering that Armenian Empire would be like reliving Alexanders campaign. Should be very interesting!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Never ever seen Armenia developed such empire!

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

omg its cataphract city, heavy horse-tastic.

If there one thing that will shatter a fresh imperial legion its those bloody juggernaughts, they using them on mass and they even garrison citys with a few of them

Be afraid, be very afraid ! ... Alexander only had daft persian armys, half of who levys with wicker shields or slingers etc

At this point i'd kill for an army which half immortals and half cannon fodder ! .... But NO-OOOOO ! ... what i get on a bad day is 1/3rd a mix of Armenian Legionaries or heavy spearmen and 2/3rds cataphracts. Ive been holding my own but at some serious cost, as i said this the mother of all meat grinder wars and neither of us look like we'll run out of men anytime soon

Avoid fighting battles out on the open when enemy has tough cavalry and weak infantry. Also putting your legions right next to each other might work so that enemy cavalary cant kill 'em one by one. Didn't bother fighting Armenians in my vh/vh campaign so maybe I'm a bit underestimating them cataphrahts, but I really can't see anything that could stand up against a fully fit imperial army

How is it possible to have so many provinces? I got like 20 on my Baktria campaign and it's rebellion in most of them and I got no money left. I have to send all armies back from the front to kill the rebels. No change I can get 70 provinces =(

Keep only one troop/general in each town and an army for a bunch of towns. As soon as one town pulls off a civil revolt just massacre them to the last man. Atleast that's how I handle things mostly. Having some wonders etc is useful also. When you have pyramids it's quite easy to hold Egypt for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlord
    How is it possible to have so many provinces? I got like 20 on my Baktria campaign and it's rebellion in most of them and I got no money left. I have to send all armies back from the front to kill the rebels. No change I can get 70 provinces =(
    Never played as baktria but what i will say is the romans have some of the best happiness/law bonuses available, temples, sewer systems, arena's most have a higher upper limit than any other faction and i think you even get a 10% happiness bonus once you have build merchant quarters.

I also built temples of mars for the bonuses to troops only in italy itself as thats my power base and is the only place i can raise first imperial cohorts, and temples of Bacchus everywhere else to maximize the out lying citys happiness bonus. After the marius reforms i saved as many pricipals as i could to garrison towns as they cheaper than republican or imperial troops, same for milita troops.

My first move was into greece as thats a gold mine for money, the citys are large (ish) and wealthy at the start and are also close to rome and easy to defend with limited troops but mostly you want greece for the temple of zeus at corinth (+4 loyalty bonus in all settlements) and then the colossus (+40% naval trade).

But once i was up and running i could afford to keep 1 general/2 milita/4-6 infanty/2 cavalry in almost every city (less the closer to rome, slightly more in distant citys) and it also helps that you can create generals to run settlements in T.E.... In this campaign ive only had citys revolt that i allowed to revolt by moving the garrison out the city. Mostly to give me more time to build up that citys temples, arena's etc. And even then we only talking about a handful in eqypt that ive always found grow too fast before you can build things to keep them content.

Ive always found once you hit a critical mass with the roman economy you have almost a limitless potential for expantion. In the vanilla game i managed to turn the whole map red.

(fyi even once you the only faction left you could still keep playing, weird huh?)

Arcarius's Avatar I Am Fable

(fyi even once you the only faction left you could still keep playing, weird huh?)
    Yes that is weird, I found that out about a month ago, I did the same thing you did with the same faction(julii) I played a bit more then got bored of killng rebels.
    Formerly Heilige Legioen, and the original Fable

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Current year is 252bc. Over in western Europe, the Gauls, Iberians and Carthaginians have allied against me and all attacked at the same time. It's been extremely tough, but Gaul are down to their last town and, though stretched thin, I may just have enough to take them out.

I could use some help with the combined Carthaginian and Iberian assaults though. Emporion is getting hit pretty hard every few years. At the moment, It's being besieged by the Carthaginians with a full stack (mostly iberian infantry, 1 elephant, some round shield etc). The problem is, my income is close to 1000 per turn, which is barely enough to retrain some of my principes. Oh yes, no Marius Reform yet ( not that I could afford any of the troops anyway ;-) ). The going is tough, and rebels seem to be blocking all my reinforcement lines, which just means it takes even longer to relieve sieges and I've lost a few towns because of this .

Anyway, did you notice Parthia? Check the map. What the hell are they doing with Alexandria and no other provinces nearby? Bizarre! The Greeks finished of Epirus, and are just about done with Macedonia. Carthage managed to ally with Numidia and I think Numidia made Egypt it's protectorate. Really strange stuff. Anyway, will try and keep this updated, if I don't die from stress before then.

Happy hunting!

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Egypt seemed to lost provinces?? Wonder what the Parthia is doing there.
    Atleast you only have rebelprovinces to the east, no worries about enemies from there from now. Later the greeks will come and ruin your day.

Resistance is futile™

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok
    Anyway, did you notice Parthia? Check the map. What the hell are they doing with Alexandria and no other provinces nearby? Bizarre!
    I had this happen in my career too, except that it was Armenia that ended up with a province in the Arabian Peninsula.

I have read a while ago somewhere in the twc forums that when one of the cities revolted, they ended up changing to the faction that had original "ownership" of the town, so although parthia never came near that place in your pic, when the city revolted it returned to its original "ownership"(which turned out to be Parthia) and not to the rebels.

I didn't quite understand how that worked, and don't know now either , but it's something to do with original settlement "ownership".

Hope that made sense

Another explanation could be that Parthia simply bribed that settlement

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Werner
    I had this happen in my career too, except that it was Armenia that ended up with a province in the Arabian Peninsula.

I have read a while ago somewhere in the twc forums that when one of the cities revolted, they ended up changing to the faction that had original "ownership" of the town, so although parthia never came near that place in your pic, when the city revolted it returned to its original "ownership"(which turned out to be Parthia) and not to the rebels.

I didn't quite understand how that worked, and don't know now either , but it's something to do with original settlement "ownership".

Hope that made sense

Another explanation could be that Parthia simply bribed that settlement
    Ahh yes that makes sense. If you look at the descr_strat ( I think ) file, settlements all have an original owner, even if the current one at the start of the game is different. Must be something to do with that. OR they bribed it like you said ;-).

Either way, I'm in for a looong game!

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner

Um yeah, that have happend more then once in my campaigns. Parthia gets most of the towns in east, and Germans in north. Thrace took a German town, revolted, took it again, revolted,and it kept doing like that. Thats what I experienced.

Resistance is futile™

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

i cant conquer the map on my greek campaign, everytime i get in a big fight, group the units up to make a good formation, then drag across to move them forward the game freezes and i have to restart.

ive replayed the same turn like 3 times now.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Don't use this formation then, it's a Darth-Formations bug. Use another formation or put the formation up by hand.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

thats what i did, then i grouped them to make it quicker to move (due to my ****** pc it would take ages to set it up)

then it freeze and crash..that still darth mod? because i NEVER had it until recently.