Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call to Arms!! Another update!

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Beta 0.5 release!!!

Congrats on the first release, it looks really nice and goes the way Gondor should look like. I think the 3.1 variety of Gondor unit is a bit "thin", so your mod is just the right thing for it. I am wondering if it might work with Il Ducces espanded map?? But even if not, I will sure try out your mod to take a look at your well done units. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

indeed, your submod will be stunning!

Will this work with Barons submod?

Sadly no, I tried for a fairly long time to make it compaitable but there isn't enough hidden resources to make it work properly
    just wandering if this can be useful...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=515771

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Northman75 View Post
    Congrats on the first release, it looks really nice and goes the way Gondor should look like. I think the 3.1 variety of Gondor unit is a bit "thin", so your mod is just the right thing for it. I am wondering if it might work with Il Ducces espanded map?? But even if not, I will sure try out your mod to take a look at your well done units. Keep up the great work!!!!!
    Thanks man, also I fully intend to add Il Ducces expanded map into this mod for the next version

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    indeed, your submod will be stunning!

just wandering if this can be useful...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=515771
    Ah thats awesome thanks, also Kilic I tried to add the stuff from your fief submod but I was getting a CTD? I got it down to the fact that the Lamedon traits/ancaillarys were causing a CTD, any ideas why?

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

if you are doing it with notepad++, try not to copy\paste them but add them manually. the program can be tricky.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    if you are doing it with notepad++, try not to copy\paste them but add them manually. the program can be tricky.
    Ok thanks!

Also what do people think of the current stats in the beta?

The more feed back the better , also if theres enough feedback I'll put some screenshots of some extra units I've done for another faction .

Realm of Lothlórien

Thanks to the power of boredom I present a new faction for this mod, and yes I realise I've gone beyond just adding fiefdom units, the factions of Lothlórien and Mirkwood will be added as to make the vale of anduin not so boring.

The Lothlórien faction will be split into 3 key parts, the citizen soldiers and the marchwardens who are lightly armoured and must use ambush tactics to beat the greater numbers of the orcs, the Galadhrim units who can only be recruited after the second barracks event, after all Lorien didn't make any decesive moves until the end of the war, and the ents who can be only recruited from fangorn Lothlórien.

1. Lothlórien Mydedir

Mydedir is Sindarin for laborer, for that is what these elves are. In times of trouble even the artisans and workers must fight, equipped with short swords, bucklers and javelins they are not suitable for front line combat, whilst even these elves are more than a match for snaga or goblins against larger orcs they won't hold out for long.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. Lothlórien Aphedir

Aphedir is Sindarin for answerer, these elves are the guards and part time soldiers of the realm, equipped with spears and shields their main use is to hold off the advancing orcs whilst the marksmen of Lothlórien rain death from above. (They'll use the model and texture of the Silvan Spearmen).

3. Lothlórien Feredir

Feredir is Sindarin for hunter, these elves are hunters of orcs just as much as they are hunters of wild creatures, they are keen eyed and are easily better shots than many mannish archers, but they are fragile in melee combat and must be protected. (Uses model and texture of the sentienels.)

4. Lothlórien Marchwardens

The marchwardens are the protecters of the borders of Lothlorien, wearing their robes of grey they belnd in with the forest, equipped with bows and two handed elven swords these elves are masterful in melee and ranged combat, although their lack of armour does put them ar risk from orc archers.

5. Galadhrim Aithon

Aithon, the sindarin for spearmen, equipped with leaf blade spears, shields and heavy armour, in times of war the Aithon provide a solid back bone to the armies of Lothlorien.

6. Galadhrim Magor

Magor is the sindarin for swordsman, these elves wield fine elvish blades and a fury in combat, few can withstand a head on charge from these mighty warriors.

7. Galadhrim Cúron

The archers of the Galadhrim, Curon sindarin for bowman, are some of the finest marksmen in middle earth, the eagle eyes of these elves ensure that each arrow finds its mark, and if nesscary these elves are capable in melee with their elvish swords.

8. Galadhrim Rochhîr

The rochhir are the horselords, some of the strongest of the galadhrim riding elvish horses, capable of delivering a withering charge and fighting with elvish blades these are fierce fighters.

9. Galadhrim Gwaedhon

These are the mightiest elves in all the realm, equipped with pikes and heavy armour there are few who can match the skill at arms of the Gwaedhon, Sindarin for Oath Brothers, for these elves are the royal guards and whilst a number protect Celeborn in times of great need these elves will group into companies to protect middle earth from the greatest of darkness.

Credit: Massive credit to the TATW team, especially shredder who granted permission for everyone to use his work, and that most of these units are based upon.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Call to Arms!! Beta 0.5 release, Realm of Lothlórien preview, not just a fiefdom mod anymore!

Looks great I really like the names as well
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Call to Arms!! Beta 0.5 release, Realm of Lothlórien preview Page 9, not just a fiefdom mod anymore!

Well done!
    What helmet did you use for the pikemen?
    Why not just use units from Frome?
    EDIT:I realised it's edited vanilla light swordsmen helmet
    Last edited by Araval; January 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Default Re: Call to Arms!! Beta 0.5 release, Realm of Lothlórien preview Page 9, not just a fiefdom mod anymore!

These units are great!

And I love your Lothlórien Marchwardens. A cloak would be nice for them. Can't wait to play with these units! =)

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

thats a fast release!(is there an installation-guide?) and im glad you take on the elves, very curious of your Mirkwood.. though I must say I never liked the blue cloaks of the silvans, but thats just me. awesome work so far!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice preview man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    Looks great I really like the names as well
    Thanks , yeah I think the names really help with immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Well done!
    What helmet did you use for the pikemen?
    Why not just use units from Frome?
    EDIT:I realised it's edited vanilla light swordsmen helmet
    The helmets are edited from an old noldor helm, I didn't use fromes units because I have my own vision of lothloriens army.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout of Imladris View Post
    These units are great!

And I love your Lothlórien Marchwardens. A cloak would be nice for them. Can't wait to play with these units! =)
    Thanks, yeah I'm undecided about the cloak, I think they look good either way, I'll put some screeneis with cloaks up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    thats a fast release!(is there an installation-guide?) and im glad you take on the elves, very curious of your Mirkwood.. though I must say I never liked the blue cloaks of the silvans, but thats just me. awesome work so far!
    Dude all those units up there lothlorien eleves, dont worry mirkwood elves will be mostly green .

Also just unpack and copy and paste the files into the tatw data folder.

In other news the progress of this mod might be a bit slower now, I've got work to do and Im now part of the FROGS submod team!

Have you had any progress yet making this compatible with Baron's submod?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

You do need to fix the cav as their cloak is going through the horse but it all looks really nice
    I would go for darker blue cloaks like we see at the battle of Helms Deep but that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Have you had any progress yet making this compatible with Baron's submod?
    I'm making progress using the method suggested on previous pages but its going slow.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    You do need to fix the cav as their cloak is going through the horse but it all looks really nice
    I would go for darker blue cloaks like we see at the battle of Helms Deep but that's just my opinion
    Im glad you like them , yeah the clippings a bit annoying and I'll have a look and see if darker blue looks better.

I've got a few days free now so I'm going to knock out mirkwood and make sure both elven factions are balanced. And a proper release by monday if I'm feeling nice .

Also if anyone has any concepts for mirkwood or units they want to see ingame post them and I'll try and make them.

Anywho update on the pikeguard and Rumil, who'll have a unit of these guys as his bodyguard:

Again credit to shredder and the tatw team.
    Last edited by Curufin; January 26, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Default Re: Call to Arms!! Beta 0.5 release, Realm of Lothlórien preview Page 9, Rumil page 9!

Curufin, you are awesome! The realm of Lorien units are outstanding. Cannot wait to try them out in game.

Do you have anything done with Mirkwood units? I've been going through a bunch of LOTR and Elf pictures that I have, putting some ideas together that I should try and post on here, but I wasn't sure how much time you had spent on Mirkwood yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    I'm making progress using the method suggested on previous pages but its going slow.
    Glad to hear that
    -
    Why did you make Rumil so heavily armoured, he was a marchwarden in the movies?
    -
    Maybe you could make a very well camouflaged unit for Mirkwood that would be very hard to see in forests, perfect for ambushing, sth like this one from LOTR TW maybe?

Default Re: Call to Arms!! Beta 0.5 release, Realm of Lothlórien preview Page 9, Rumil page 9!

But... but... but... I WANTED MOAR FIEFDOM TROOPS !!!!

But your elves look awesome, so i guess that's ok
    Is Rumil a Tolkien's character, or someone you invented? I don't think i remember of him.
    "GB2/HoME"
    I have deduced, from your knowledge of Middle-Earth background, that you read scrupulously History of Middle Earth. Given your close-minded opinion on various aspects of Tolkien lore in detriment of TATW interest and gameplay, I believe that
    you are better suited to that reading activity, and suggest you go back to it.
    I guess it could work for some guys with Battle of Middle Earth as well...

Rumil was a brother of Haldir