Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call to Arms!! Another update!

Icon3 Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Dol Amroth Man At Arms page 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    Im not sure how plausable it would be to not make any other units recruitable in dol amroth but its something thats worth a look.
    I think i know how to do this, give me 5 min. to look something up

I think I may have found a way to make only the Dol Amroth units available in Dol Amroth:
    File: export_descr_buildings.txt

Starting from the Swan knight line:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    recruit_pool "Swan Knights" 1 0.15 2 0 requires factions { sicily, } and hidden_resource amroth

using this part on the gondor infantry (as an example) will make that gondor infantry now can be created only in Dol Amroth
    recruit_pool "Gondor Infantry" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { sicily, } and region_religion numenorian 66 and hidden_resource amroth

place not between 'hidden_resource' and 'and':
    recruit_pool "Gondor Infantry" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { sicily, } and region_religion numenorian 66 and not hidden_resource amroth

if I'm right now the gondor infantry unit can't be build in Dol Amroth;

This is however only an idea, since I haven't been able to test this idea, I'm not sure if it works
    Last edited by Mathieu Of Belgium; January 15, 2012 at 03:31 AM.

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Dol Amroth Man At Arms page 7!

Haha it works, fantastic! Mathieu you legend! I'll make sure to credit you when I release the mod .

+rep as soon as I can rep you again

Haha it works, fantastic! Mathieu you legend! I'll make sure to credit you when I release the mod .

+rep as soon as I can rep you again

Glad it works, but I have to ask (and sorry for the double posting), have you considered the Pelargir Wardens ? (and if I go further, also added a regional banner for the pelargir marines, lossarnach nobles and the blackroot vale archers (not sure if these guys even have a battlecarier in game))

I know that, some times, I can be annoying, but I would love to see these guys (3 one) in your mod

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I know that, some times, I can be annoying, but I would love to see these guys (3 one) in your mod
    They are,more or less.The second and third are represented by the Ringlo Vale warriors.The Pelargir wardens seem very similar to the Ringlo Vale Warriors.

The Dol'Amroth Men at arms get a partial plate upgrade so they get close to your Men at arms from the picture.

The plated spearmen are just a green version of the Royal Army Spearmen.If the Spearmen of Pinnath Gelin would have had plate they would overlap with the Gondor Spearmen,this way they fill the early spearmen role.I guess Curufin can give them a low upkeep so they will be way cheaper to mentain in relation to their skills.

Btw Curufin can the units be recruited from their provinces or we will get them when the script fires?

Glad it works, but I have to ask (and sorry for the double posting), have you considered the Pelargir Wardens ? (and if I go further, also added a regional banner for the pelargir marines, lossarnach nobles and the blackroot vale archers (not sure if these guys even have a battlecarier in game))

I have considered the Pelargir wardens, I've done the graphics for v1 of the mod now, but I might add them in the second version, the aim at the mo is have version 1 out before the end of the month.

As for banner carriers for pelagir marines and stuff I'd have to ask permission from KK, and I don't like bothering him, Im sure he is busy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    They are,more or less.The second and third are represented by the Ringlo Vale warriors.The Pelargir wardens seem very similar to the Ringlo Vale Warriors.

The Dol'Amroth Men at arms get a partial plate upgrade so they get close to your Men at arms from the picture.

The plated spearmen are just a green version of the Royal Army Spearmen.If the Spearmen of Pinnath Gelin would have had plate they would overlap with the Gondor Spearmen,this way they fill the early spearmen role.I guess Curufin can give them a low upkeep so they will be way cheaper to mentain in relation to their skills.

Btw Curufin can the units be recruited from their provinces or we will get them when the script fires?

Pinnath Spearmen will have a lower upkeep than the gondorian spearmen, in fact all fief units will have a lower upkeep than the standing army.

You will be able to recruit all fief units from their respective fiefs as long as you have the correct building, later there will be a choice to pay for the option to retrain fief units at minas tirith.

Version 1 will only have a few scripts, I just want to make sure its balanced mainly.

I have considered the Pelargir wardens, I've done the graphics for v1 of the mod now, but I might add them in the second version, the aim at the mo is have version 1 out before the end of the month.
    Ok, I was just wondering if you had forgotten about them. But your right, it's more important to have a release

As for banner carriers for pelagir marines and stuff I'd have to ask permission from KK, and I don't like bothering him, Im sure he is busy enough.
    You've got a point there, if one person is busy on TWCenter it's KK

I'm out of my skin with excitement for this sub-mod. I don't know if you're interested, but I'm thinking about running up a map that makes the fiefdoms more important in comparison to the rest of Gondor when you release this, as part of my ongoing personal campaign of rampant favoritism towards Gondor. I also have a few Gondorian provincial governor ancillaries coded as well as some traits if you're interested in those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ducce View Post
    I'm out of my skin with excitement for this sub-mod. I don't know if you're interested, but I'm thinking about running up a map that makes the fiefdoms more important in comparison to the rest of Gondor when you release this, as part of my ongoing personal campaign of rampant favoritism towards Gondor. I also have a few Gondorian provincial governor ancillaries coded as well as some traits if you're interested in those too.
    I'm not sure what you mean by running up a map makes the fiefdoms more important? Please explain !

Im using Kilics traits but hey it'd be nice to see yours too.

I guess "more important" is a poor way to phrase "there are more settlements that constitute the fiefdoms", because that's actually what I meant.

Good, but Surely an over usage of the word "Surely"

should make this combatible with barons mod

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule35 View Post
    I find and hope the same

Quote Originally Posted by Il Ducce View Post
    I guess "more important" is a poor way to phrase "there are more settlements that constitute the fiefdoms", because that's actually what I meant.
    Haha ok man, yeah thats something thats worth a look, more fiefs is always good

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule35 View Post
    I find and hope the same
    I think thats something that will have to be done, lets be honest barons submod is a pretty major part of TATW. But honestly Im not sure how easy that would be? Would I have to get in contact and ask him if he wants to use my units?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Would I have to get in contact and ask him if he wants to use my units?
    You could ask him but last I heard he doesn't wish to add any units to his compilation.

I think what these gentlemen are saying is to make a second version, compatible with Baron's, built on top of those files instead of vanilla TATW's.
    Last edited by Withwnar; January 18, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Ah ok then I'll release a compatible version then .

Anyways sorry for a lack of progress at the mo, im currently in the tedious process of making sure everything is balanced.

I intend to get a early beta out soon, with a few scripts but all the units just to make sure the balance is decent .

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Ah ok then I'll release a compatible version then .

Anyways sorry for a lack of progress at the mo, im currently in the tedious process of making sure everything is balanced.

I intend to get a early beta out soon, with a few scripts but all the units just to make sure the balance is decent .
    Let me know if you need help with unit info/descriptions. I have helped two other mods with that. I can proof read or create them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    Let me know if you need help with unit info/descriptions. I have helped two other mods with that. I can proof read or create them for you.
    Ok sure thing , urm I need descriptions for Golasgil knights, Dol Amroth Men At arms, Dol Amroth Archers and Dol Amroth Swan guard (the pike men).
    If you did them I'd be very grateful, and of course credit you.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Love it! Excellent idea!

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Beta 0.5 release!!!

Beta 0.5 is out!!!

Hey everyone, i'm happy to say the first beta of this mod is out!

Some info on this version:

What can you expect to find in this mod?

A variety of new units that can be recruited from their respective fiefs.

A few scripts, not a lot as a number are still buggy, but the ones that there are here as examples of what will be in the final version.

2 fief lords, in the final release each lord will have his own battle model, traits and portrait.

Why release a Beta when its not finished?

The purpose of this early beta is so I can get feed back on the stats for the various units and their build times in the campaign, also in gratitude for all your support I wanted to release a early version.

Will this work with Barons submod?

Sadly no, I tried for a fairly long time to make it compaitable but there isn't enough hidden resources to make it work properly

So I hope you enjoy and remember that this is just a teaser of things to come

Download Link:

Credits:

KK and the TATW team, for making such a great mod in the first place, and for letting me use the banner, pauldrons, gauntlet and helm wings models.

Rusichi tw team for making their mod open source.

Withwnar and Mathieu Of Belgium for help with the code.

Elphir of Dol Amroth for ideas for the dol amroth unit descriptions.

Everyone who has shown support, it means a lot .

What will be the next version?

In short, 2 more fief units, all the fief lords and a ton of scripts!
    Last edited by Curufin; January 21, 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Beta 0.5 release!!!

Maybe this could be useful to you to have a look at:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=hidden