Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call to Arms!! Another update!

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Hirluin on page 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanny View Post
    A thought, place forts in each region, these forts are the population centres other than than the regions capital, with free upkeep of 1 each, and randomly spawn <25 per turn excludding a winter turn, a unit from the lowest tier for that region, at the regions capital all units are produced as normal.

Fort model needs to be changed to look like a small town/village. For AI control increase spawn of low tier units at these towns and bea generic look to allow mutiple factionsto use the same.
    Good idea

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, New fief heraldry bottom of page 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    @Khay and shock blast:

You will only be able to recruit units from their respective fiefs, although there will be an event where you will be able to retrain all fief units at minas tirith
    That is nice!!!But couldn't you make it so that they can be retrained everywhere if it's not too much to ask?

In 90% of Gondorian campaigns the expansion will be in the east so Minas Tirith will end up being in the middle of the Gondorian empire so we will have to send them in the middle of the empire while generic units can be trained at the front line.

Hope you make a few more units and make them a bit different then generic ones in roles.

If it's not too much to ask of course.It could be an optional script that will pop up and ask if we want to be able to retrain them everywhere.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Hirluin on page 4!

You could you know, replace the banner carrier with a regional one, seems odd they send one guy with plate armour in and that is the banner carrier (carrying Gondor's flag)

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, New fief heraldry bottom of page 3!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Khay View Post
    Wow the pauldrons + coat of arms and cape look even better than i though. He looks... knightly
    Haha I think so too, I'm glad you like him !

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrum View Post
    This looks awesome. I'll definitely be following it!

Edit: Having looked through the thread, I have some questions. Though all the units look very nice, I think you may want to consider changing the roles of the Warriors of the Ringlo Vale and the Golasgil Household Knights. As it stands right now, neither of those units really fill a role that an existing core unit, or AOR for that matter, doesn't already cover. I feel like they're both sort of transitional units, stronger than Gondor Militia but weaker than Swan Knights and core faction units. While it's nice to see visual diversity, I can't help but feel that, at the moment, that's all they are. The Green Hills Spearmen and the Clansmen of Lamedon are both unit types that don't exist anywhere else in the faction, which makes them both unique and useful. What incentive will the player actually have to build the Golasgil and Ringlo Vale units?

See Disgruntled Goat's post here to understand what I mean:
    Thanks! Hmm its true really the ringlo vale warriors are just transitonal units.

About the household guards, bear in mind that swan knights are rare, the household guard will give the player a decent and more durable medium cavarly, thanks to their shield they'll be alot more resistant to arrows than normal gondor cavarly. But yeah thanks for your insight, your right on all points, but I wanted to get all the fief troops in, and the player will get a number of free troops through scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    Damn! Curufin...were have you been hiding thes past years? This sub mod has is rapidly gaining TOP NOTCH statis ...carry my noble fellow rouse the leal Men of Gondor to fight under their own banners!
    On that note are you considering standard carriers to hoist the new banners you are making?
    Haha I don't know, but rest assured I will make banners at some point, it does like odd with just two guys wearing plate and rest in mail etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hanny View Post
    A thought, place forts in each region, these forts are the population centres other than than the regions capital, with free upkeep of 1 each, and randomly spawn <25 per turn excludding a winter turn, a unit from the lowest tier for that region, at the regions capital all units are produced as normal.

Fort model needs to be changed to look like a small town/village. For AI control increase spawn of low tier units at these towns and bea generic look to allow mutiple factionsto use the same.
    Thats a great idea sadly I have no clue how to implement it, once ive done with all the graphics and stuff its deffo something worth looking at! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    That is nice!!!But couldn't you make it so that they can be retrained everywhere if it's not too much to ask?

In 90% of Gondorian campaigns the expansion will be in the east so Minas Tirith will end up being in the middle of the Gondorian empire so we will have to send them in the middle of the empire while generic units can be trained at the front line.

Hope you make a few more units and make them a bit different then generic ones in roles.

If it's not too much to ask of course.It could be an optional script that will pop up and ask if we want to be able to retrain them everywhere.
    I could do it as a optional script, I do actually have a vague idea of how to implement it.

Also at the mo each unit has its own role:

Clansmen of Lamedon: Ap unit with shield.
    Pinnath Gelin Spearmen: Early game spearmen.
    Household Knights: Early game medium/shield cavarly.
    Ringlo warriors: Urm flavour infantry /

Anywho heres another hero for you all: Angbor the fearless!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Massive credit to kk for the gauntlets! Also huge credit for Rusichi TW for the base stuff.

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod, Angbor on page 5!

Just a word: for some reason you cant have generals with 2H animations. At least I wasnt able to get them working, they kept using 1H animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Just a word: for some reason you cant have generals with 2H animations. At least I wasnt able to get them working, they kept using 1H animations.
    Hmm I just did a test where I replaced Boromir with Angbor, I then attacked Osgiliath and this is what happened:

I dont why be yeah he is using two handed animations.

Ah, the random quirks of MTW2 engine . Im not the first one that had problems with 2H animations. At least now you know it owrks. And knowing is half the battle!

Angbor the Fearless is gonna die from the stagger

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Casual friday has its downsides

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hmm so do people like Angbor then?

Anyways I've pretty much done all the graphics now, even if I havent uploaded screenshots of dol amroth man at arms etc, I'll do a big update later this week.

Now im going to try and knock out all the scripts, who knows we might see a release by the end of the week !

Yes I like the guy very much, he's gonna have some troubles staying alive on the battlefield though

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Can you giva a general spearman animations too? That would prevent the staggering
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Only problem is that he has an axe

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

I was not talking about him specifically, but about generals in general

EDIT: Generals in general sound pretty wierd actually
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

I know but I wuz just trolling you

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Yes I like the guy very much, he's gonna have some troubles staying alive on the battlefield though
    Hmm thats a good point, I guess I could give him a trait which gives him a load of hit points to balance that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    Can you giva a general spearman animations too? That would prevent the staggering
    If you can give him 2 handed animations I dont see why you cant give him spear animations, might work for forlong actually .

Also if anyone has ideas for features that they would like to see (as long as they are revelant), feel free post them and I'll see what I can do.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    Hmm thats a good point, I guess I could give him a trait which gives him a load of hit points to balance that out.

If you can give him 2 handed animations I dont see why you cant give him spear animations, might work for forlong actually .

Also if anyone has ideas for features that they would like to see (as long as they are revelant), feel free post them and I'll see what I can do.
    I dont think speamen animation is possible for generals. 2 handed animations for generals has been used by many mods (Broken Crescent had it since the first release years ago). I think other modders tried and it never worked but maybe you can prove us wrong.

Why would generals be restricted in their use of weapons/animations

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Why would generals be restricted in their use of weapons/animations
    I dont know but as far as I know the only animation that was succesfully changed is the 2 hand weapons one. Ive never seen anybody give an archer or spearmen animation to a general and Ive been checking a lot of submods all these years and have witnessed a lot of attempts and none was fruitful.

Spear would be really cool, what about a 2 handed spear (like a pike but shorter)