Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Arms!! Another update!

Default Call to Arms!! Another update!

Beta 0.5 is out!!!

Hey everyone, i'm happy to say the first beta of this mod is out!

Some info on this version:

What can you expect to find in this mod?

A variety of new units that can be recruited from their respective fiefs.

A few scripts, not a lot as a number are still buggy, but the ones that there are here as examples of what will be in the final version.

2 fief lords, in the final release each lord will have his own battle model, traits and portrait.

Why release a Beta when its not finished?

The purpose of this early beta is so I can get feed back on the stats for the various units and their build times in the campaign, also in gratitude for all your support I wanted to release a early version.

Will this work with Barons submod?

Sadly no, I tried for a fairly long time to make it compaitable but there isn't enough hidden resources to make it work properly

So I hope you enjoy and remember that this is just a teaser of things to come
    !

Credits:

KK and the TATW team, for making this great mod in the first place, and for letting me use the banner, pauldrons, gauntlet and helm wings models.

Rusichi tw team for making their mod open source.

Withwnar and Mathieu Of Belgium for help with the code.

Elphir of Dol Amroth for ideas for the dol amroth unit descriptions.

Everyone whose shown support, it means a lot .

What will be the next version?

In short, 2 more fief units, all the fief lords and a ton of scripts!

Units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Warriors of Ringlo Vale: Infantry that can be built from the first turn in Ringlo, whilst not as good as gondorian swordsmen the fact that they can be built so early is a big boon for the player.

Spearmen of Pinnath Gelin: Early game spearmen with mail and kite shields, they provide a solid defence against the horsemen of harad.

Clansmen of Lamedon: Ap units with shields, whilst they have a lower attack value than axemen of lossarnch, their shields mean they can be used to stall units like trolls, and inflict some damage.

Golasgil Knights: Horsemen with a higher defence than their gondorian counterparts, their shields give them a great defence against archers, whilst they arent swan knights they shouldnt be sniffed at.

Dol Amroth Swan Guard: Heavily armoured pikemen, made up of veteran men at arms, these guys are the anvil for the swan knights hammer.

Dol Amroth men at arms: With a good attack and defence than the gondorian swordsmen these guys can used to attack the flanks of enemy armies.

Dol Amroth Archers: Men of dol amroth with bows, nothing special but better than militia in combat and defence.

Last edited by Curufin; February 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Default Re: Call to Arms!! A fiefdom Submod

Nice units
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you have edited old TATW units you should ask permission, of you havent yet. May I help with skinning?:
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Mate I haven't edited any tatw units .

I've usedmodels and skins from Rusichi TW and edited them a fair bit.

Whats wrong with my skinning ? It may be because the screenshots are low quailty images.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I wasnt saying it was anything wrong with your finished skins, I meen the ones you havent finished yet

*Facepalm* Durrr haha sorry how silly of me! I'm alright at the mo, mainly because I'm not sure of what to do for the other units, if anyones got any concepts or ideas for the planned units that would be great!

Then we can talk about doing some more skinning!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll look into concepts

That looks great! I love all kinds of Gondor units and I already use a few of Taros old units, can't wait to implement your new Units and especially the new lords once they are finished!

Seems like today is a great day, first the Gondor Militia Armor upgrades submod and now this

Nice concept and work thus far!
    Deserves +REPfor sure!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice units. It seems that Gondor is everybody's favorite faction. If we mix this submod, Taro_M's submod and ALHIMIK's submod together we would have the happiest gondorian fans ever. I would be more histerycal than a Justin Bieber teenage girl fan being invited backstage

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Nice units. It seems that Gondor is everybody's favorite faction. If we mix this submod, Taro_M's submod and ALHIMIK's submod together we would have the happiest gondorian fans ever. I would be more histerycal than a Justin Bieber teenage girl fan being invited backstage
    Just make sure you're not 19 years old and "randy" in the above situation...Lol

(brownie points to those who get the reference).

As for the units, I can barely tell the Spearmen are wearing green...No offense. And the red seems a bit out of place.

But that's just my opinion.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Interesting concept. Not too big, reasonably planned, Lore accurate and neatly done so far. I'll keep an eye on this. Good luck!

Edit: I agree with the previous statement regarding the red of your Ringlo Vale unit. I'm not too concerned about it though, colours can be changed.
    Last edited by TiFlo; January 02, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Taro is going to do his fiefdom units again...so we are going to have two submods with the same exact units except his are going to include a bunch of extra units like osgiliath veterans and minas ithil guards...I am afraid you will be out-competed... would love to see something similar down with the Haradrim. Break Harad and Umbar apart and make region specific units... that would be VERY popular. Or even a set of regional orcs to break up the monotony.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by orclover View Post
    Taro is going to do his fiefdom units again...so we are going to have two submods with the same exact units except his are going to include a bunch of extra units like osgiliath veterans and minas ithil guards...
    More doesn't always mean better, I bet some people prefer a limited, lore accurate and more balanced units than a mod with a lot of unit variety.

looks good!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    More doesn't always mean better, I bet some people prefer a limited, lore accurate and more balanced units than a mod with a lot of unit variety.
    Indeed

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post

coming from the guy who is making flame-throwing dragon clan rhunmasters... LL there is no such thing as balance in this game... KK makes it for himself, he balances it to be hard, at least in this version, Taro does nothing with balancing, he makes absolutely amazing units that upgrade the quality of vanilla by 500%, he then lets us balance how we want...Taros units are the difference between me playing and not playing... it is that simple, and people do not prefer limited, hence the war between mod conglomerates...

Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments ! Also added some hopefully better quailty pics to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    Nice concept and work thus far!
    Deserves +REPfor sure!
    Ah rep thank you very much good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post

As for the units, I can barely tell the Spearmen are wearing green...No offense. And the red seems a bit out of place.

But that's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by TiFlo View Post
    Interesting concept. Not too big, reasonably planned, Lore accurate and neatly done so far. I'll keep an eye on this. Good luck!

Edit: I agree with the previous statement regarding the red of your Ringlo Vale unit. I'm not too concerned about it though, colours can be changed.
    Im not sure what you mean by the green, it is suppose to be a subtle green though.

As for the red its a fair comment from both of you, at the end I was just doing it for variety.

Anyways I quickly did some blues (sorry there a bit cloney at the mo)

They better?

Quote Originally Posted by orclover View Post
    Taro is going to do his fiefdom units again...so we are going to have two submods with the same exact units except his are going to include a bunch of extra units like osgiliath veterans and minas ithil guards...I am afraid you will be out-competed... would love to see something similar down with the Haradrim. Break Harad and Umbar apart and make region specific units... that would be VERY popular. Or even a set of regional orcs to break up the monotony.
    Im not doing Harad stuff as I dont even though where to start with them. This is a mod just for the fiefs and I aim to keep the balance of the game, but overall make things a little easier for gondor. Also Im not just adding units I'll be adding generals and changes to the campgain to make gondor more interesting.

Remember if anyone has any ideas feel free to share, and again thanks for all the comments

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast