Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NEW: Gondor Unit Overhaul V2.0 for TATW 3.2

Default Re: Gondor Visual Armour Upgrades v1.1 is out with a new unit - Gondor Levies

Quote Originally Posted by Aipe View Post
    is there any chance this mod is compatible with Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation 5.0 because that would be awsome
    As a matter of fact, now there is! Here i present v1.1 compatible with Baron Samedi's submod compilation pack 5.0 (with bugfix):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3611

Tested it just now, works perfectly. I declined total recruitment system script and additional units mod, not sure if it works with these. It should in theory. Please test it and share your experience. If Gondor is balanced or not etc.

oxxid's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Gondor Visual Armour Upgrades v1.1 is out with a new unit - Gondor Levies

Quote Originally Posted by ALHIMIK View Post
    As a matter of fact, now there is! Here i present v1.1 compatible with Baron Samedi's submod compilation pack 5.0 (with bugfix):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3611

Tested it just now, works perfectly. I declined total recruitment system script and additional units mod, not sure if it works with these. It should in theory. Please test it and share your experience. If Gondor is balanced or not etc.
    I was waiting for this one. Thanks !

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Gondor Visual Armour Upgrades (Basic Militia)

Interesting. If i understood it correctly, your second suggestion is to have unupgraded textures from other militia on spearmen as well? Not sure about your first suggestion though. People, please explain more in detail and i could give proper replies. Thanks anyways!
    Sorry that I didn't express myself better.

1- yes, I think the unupgraded textures from militia swords, archers, and cavalry will make sense to be used for the spearmen levy too. They look like normal civilian clothes which all militia wear before any upgrades.
    2- the textures (the breastplates) of the top tier upgrade of the spearmen levy look very nice and could be used for the swords, archers, and cavalry militia too. I don't mean replace the current sword/archers/cavalry top upgrade textures totally- just add the new brown-ish breastplates to the others, i.e. 1 in 4 or whatever the ratio is.

Thanks for the excellent work

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Gondor Armour Upgrades v1.1 with a NEW unit - Gondor Levies (compatible with BS5.0)

I think the cloaks were great looking, why did you decide not to include them? or are they yet to be added? I would not care if its a bit too much for a millitia unit, i mean, its not a historical mod or anything.. anyway, great work!

Default Re: Gondor Armour Upgrades v1.1 with a NEW unit - Gondor Levies (compatible with BS5.0)

I like it. 2 points.

1. If I play this from the start, scripted events, invasions, Aragorn, etc don't seem to work.
    2. I think Gondor Levies and Gondor Militia should be the same; at first level; but refresh rate for Gondor militia should be taken down a tad.

I like that you can put extra people in the castle garrison buildings. Nice touch.

Thank you for this !

Good idea to remove the cloaks, it looked a little bit to much for me. Nice mod ^^

I will reply to the posts later tonight (hopefully).

In the mean time to all fans of RC, here is a version compatible with Real Combat v1.3 by Darth Revan:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3612

The levies stats were adjusted accordingly.

Aipe's Avatar Civis

i have another sugestion..... how about making it compatible with Archer Accuracy Submod 2.11 (+ optional HE overhaul) with Trailer ive already sugested the idea in the other fourm

Generalpatton334's Avatar Foederatus

This is a great mod and should used by everyone, but doesn't the fully armored militia look kind of awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Aipe View Post
    i have another sugestion..... how about making it compatible with Archer Accuracy Submod 2.11 (+ optional HE overhaul) with Trailer ive already sugested the idea in the other fourm
    actually there's only one stuff that need to be changed to make this two mods compatible , is quite easy you can do it by yourself:

1)just install archer accuracy submod,
    2)then copy all files from this mod, except export_descr_units.txt, and paste it where it belongs
    3)now edit with notepad and copy all gondor militia units and levies from this EDU( export_descr_units.txt)
    4)replace the ones in the Arrow Acc submod EDU (beware of keep the "arrow_5" for archer militia unit)
    5)done

if you screwed something, archer accuray submod contains vanilla backups so you can try it until works
    Last edited by Benox; January 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Aipe's Avatar Civis

tnx for the info... and with that i moded something for the first time!!!!

Meckerdrache's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    I like it. 2 points.

1. If I play this from the start, scripted events, invasions, Aragorn, etc don't seem to work.

2. I think Gondor Levies and Gondor Militia should be the same; at first level; but refresh rate for Gondor militia should be taken down a tad.

I like that you can put extra people in the castle garrison buildings. Nice touch.
    Okay, this is a problem. Anyone other who have this bug?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I like it. 2 points.

This mod is definetely not the cause. It doesnt even touch the scripts file as far as I know.

Hmm. OK. I wonder why there have been no invasions? Have other players seen the Edoras invasion occur at least with a new campaign while using this mod?

Hmm. OK. I wonder why there have been no invasions? Have other players seen the Edoras invasion occur at least with a new campaign while using this mod?
    It has happened in the past in all the mods, where sometimes the invasion script which is sort of run randomly does not kick in. This mods files have absolutely nothing to do with the campaigh script though.

Shingen's Avatar Civis

I just added your mod to my running campaign. It makes it even more enjoyable. Great work!

Are you thinking about extending this to other nations? It would suit perfect to the orc nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    Sorry that I didn't express myself better.

1- yes, I think the unupgraded textures from militia swords, archers, and cavalry will make sense to be used for the spearmen levy too. They look like normal civilian clothes which all militia wear before any upgrades.
    2- the textures (the breastplates) of the top tier upgrade of the spearmen levy look very nice and could be used for the swords, archers, and cavalry militia too. I don't mean replace the current sword/archers/cavalry top upgrade textures totally- just add the new brown-ish breastplates to the others, i.e. 1 in 4 or whatever the ratio is.
    1 - I am currently reworking textures for all other militia. They will not look very civiallian due to the fact that they already start off with level 1 armour - leather, but it does not mean they will look profesionally.

2 - Something similar, in fact better will be on militia swordsmen. I plan to at least show some screenshots this coming days, or may be even release the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    I think the cloaks were great looking, why did you decide not to include them? or are they yet to be added? I would not care if its a bit too much for a millitia unit, i mean, its not a historical mod or anything.. anyway, great work!
    The reason is that they are only militias... not special units or anything like that. You could argue that Rohan's militia all have capes. I might make an alternative version with capes for those who like it. However there are more important things on the to do list at the moment.

I like it. 2 points.

1. As people already pointed out, this mod does not affect script files. I am not sure though how exactly BS mod works. I simply installed it on my clean TATW, then added corresponding lines from my files to his. Therefore, I do not promise it will be 100% compatible.

2. The idea was to replace militia with levies in level 1 barracks. The recruitment pool of levies was made similar to swordsmen militia. Swordsmen militia from level 2 barracks onwards were not changed. I was thinking it would not be enough to balance it. Overall, now Gondor has access to more troops and makes it slightly easier to play. Considering it is easy to build blacksmith in MT and get imba 6/11 levies.

Gotta go, will finish replying to other posts later.

1 - I am currently reworking textures for all other militia. They will not look very civiallian due to the fact that they already start off with level 1 armour - leather, but it does not mean they will look profesionally.
    Do you mean you are working on other factions?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Do you mean you are working on other factions?
    No. I am reworking other militia those in v1.0, swordsmen, archers and horsemen. My bad.
    I just did not feel their textures and models were good enough when i actually played the campaign and battles. Other factions are a long term goal, cannot promise anything though. Will post screenshots soon.

Take your time man. Modding is only cool when it is pleasant to the modder. No need to hurry. Looking forward to check the screenshots!