Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Gondor Unit Overhaul V2.0 for TATW 3.2

Default Re: Gondor Visual Armour Upgrades (Basic Militia)

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Hi guys I made a version of ALHIMIK's mod compatible with BS submod (4.1). Just download tha attachement and replace all similar to the original submod.

I used it. works
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Great idea,i saw them and went crazy!Man what a nice piece of work!
    If you are a newguy into modeling and stuff ,you can apreciate the work even more than the guy that is outside of it.I wanted to make a militia unit using spears ,and when it came to texturing ,i kinda banged myself towards the wall.
    Although im a bit sad ,cause i was in the process of making a submod that is quite close,but not the same, to yours (kinda 70% complete).Im glad that i aint the only one that believes militia's should get some attention,and that the solution to every woe isn't only "gimme more units " .

Looks REALLY good I think it will add to gameplay quite a bit. Thanks

I really like this concept. However, if Mordor, Harad, and other factions don't get similar ones, it seems a tad unbalancing.

Any chance to see some amour upgrades for Orcs? For Orc bands it could be just no amour like the snaga units and then the regular leather amour. It would give a bit more flavor and diversity to the game.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    I really like this concept. However, if Mordor, Harad, and other factions don't get similar ones, it seems a tad unbalancing.
    Well, it's just a submod. If you have certain problems with it, don't install it. It's not a bad idea to do something similar with Gondor's usual enemies but it would be easier if you just tweak the orks a bit, as per your personal preference.

Perhaps have partial plate Gondor inf, as well as fullplate, fullplate available at Castle while partial at City settlements, with different unit sizes, to round out your scheme.

Kudos on your input sofar, a massive increase in playability, i hope you comple Gondor and move onto Mordor next!.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

Concerning balance there is nothing easier than to add the same number of upgrades to Gondor's ennemies, regardless the unchanged models and skins the stats will be improved and the balance will be back.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

I think will great idea to add your mod to vanilla tjird age total war.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm loving the update...it's aesthetically pleasing as well as a great way to ensure Gondor can rely on simple militia in a tight pinch, which I am in right now.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Pelagir Marines could be leather and then chain upgrade, increasd building lvl then just upping pool and replenish rates.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin

Finally... figured out how to get UV-maps properly for complex models. Made completely new 3 spears and a round shield. Main parts of the body was taken from vanilla M2TW, the belt from original gondor militia, found a useful cape, a couple of helmets and a set of pauldrons from Rusichi TW. I am thinking of using the cape, it is similar to rohan's capes. Not sure about the pauldrons though, they are small, but still probably too good for levies. May be on ug1 and ug2.

Here are my self-made spears and the shield:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What do you guys think? Dont look at the textures, those are old, just needed something to see how it looks. I am planning to texture all night long. So, if you are quick enough with suggestions, I might alter the models of the spears. However the shield will remain as it is, it is way too hard to redo. Spears are easier though.

Spears: I don't like the second spear much, but I wanted to try something new. The third one reminds of gondorian spears, but a lighter version of it.

Shield: The middle part will have metal texture. The rest will be wooden with "old" paint to look more natural. Thats my plan.

If this night is productive, will show the full body tomorrow. Ok, time to go texturing...
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 05, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

really nice models! good work
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Spears:
    They are all good, but certainly the left one with the olive leaf form, looks the best for a Militia unit.
    Shield:
    Looks very good, top.

Regarding Pelagir Marines. I think an armour upgrad would be wrong, because Marines should not have chain mail, or other metal armour. Too, heavy in chase the ship will sink.

But, I could imagine a Pelagir Spear unit as AOR. Equiped with such a heavy percussion spear

Should be ap and good against heavy infantry, like Trolls and halfmen from harad.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

BTW, these are utterly gorgeous units. Kudos.

Laetus

Nicely done. The upgrades look great!

Perran's Avatar Foederatus

Brilliant, very clever way of adding to Gondor without going over the top with their roster, spearmen sound promising too
    With regards to the OP, I'm not sure about the idea of removing the Gondorian helmets completely from the lower tiers, they're different enough as is, and the helmet is what make their units 'Gondorian' for me. Other than that though, fantastic!

Civis

i got an unexpected ctd the moment i tried a custom battle with gondor militia, so it doesnt work

Quote Originally Posted by campesino View Post
    i got an unexpected ctd the moment i tried a custom battle with gondor militia, so it doesnt work
    The files changed are pretty simple and robust. Are you playing with another submod? If playing with another MOD, as long as the ModelDB files are consistent with TATW 3.1 and modded properly, then a fairly simple hand editing of copy/paste in the EDU should work fine.

Example: two mods specific to 3.1, Darth Revan's RC and this one

1. Download and install Darth's Mod and put it in game
    2. Download and install , the ModelDB files for the Gondor militia mod, but not the EDU
    3. Hand Edit the Gondor Militia units in Darth's EDU too match the the 3 EDU units for Gondor affected in the militia mod, Smith and upgrade lines only.

You cannot have a mod that adds units, or reassigns units to 3.1 however, or the militia DB will not work
    Last edited by muller227; January 06, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Civis

hi, i thought that i had quoted you in an early post, but it didnt appear in mine, i am responding to your post about this modification being compatible with AUM extra units using the file that you provided, ive tried reinstalling because i love your units and also love the ones in that mod but i had no sucess, when i use gondor milita in battle i get and unexpected error.