Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: NEW: Gondor Unit Overhaul V2.0 for TATW 3.2

Default Re: Gondor Armour Upgrades V1.2 is OUT! Complete rework of models/textures and new unit cards.

Wowwww. Greath..

Default Re: Gondor Armour Upgrades V1.2 is OUT! Complete rework of models/textures and new unit cards.

I love it. The only thing I think it could be improved is the hair texture. Right now it seems like ink brown/black ink.

Default Re: NEW: Gondor Unit Overhaul V2.0 for TATW 3.2

Released v2.0. Renamed to Gondor Unit Overhaul. Check the first page.

Sandy

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

How on earth did I miss this thread?!
    Beautiful work

+rep
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

Epic work man +rep

Is this incompatible with MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRanger View Post
    Is this incompatible with MOS?
    No. It is for vanilla only.

Sandy

Another great job bravo man!!!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I'll bump this because... well just look at those units!

can you put your file in mega or mediafire for easy download i cannot download it from froum

Default Re: Gondor Visual Armour Upgrades (Basic Militia)

Was this put into vanilla? Can't see the difference on the pictures

No it wasn't. To make it work install over clean TATW 3.2.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; November 01, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

So it's just a HD texture upgrade? I'll install it and see if I can spot the differences

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

WOW! I'm blown away by the look of these units! I'm downloading this right away! The only thing change I dislike, judging by the pictures in the OP, are the Osgiliath Pikemen skins. I love the blue capes and armor of vanilla TATW Osgiliath Pikemen. Surely there's a way to fiddle around with battle_models to have all your new units EXCEPT for Osgiliath Pikemen, right? Is it as something as simple as copying and pasting that entire section for Osgiliath pikemen from the vanilla battle_models file into your new modded battle_models file? If not, not a big deal, everything else is golden. And +1 rep to you, bro.

Just in case, though, where is the "battle_models_backup.modeldb" file located? I don't see it in the same folder as the original battle_models.modeldb file. Does it generate automatically after deleting the battle_models file in the unit_models folder?

EDIT: Nevermind! I see now that this "battle_models_backup" file was added to the same folder after downloading your sub-mod. As for Osgiliath Pikemen, am I still able to revert them back to vanilla models by editing that file with a simple copy and paste?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, though, since I think the Swan Knights are vastly improved, to say nothing of the Lossarnach Axemen and other units.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think it should work. Just don't forget to replace the upgraded entry aswell.

Roma_Victrix, glad you like them. Unfortunately I am too lazy to incorporate them into any of the big submods. I actually feel big submod compilations are an overkill. Turn times are too long. Models are not optimized at all. Not my sort of thing. So I am sticking to vanilla.

As for your question, a simple copy paste will do the trick as I didn't touch any of the vanilla models (they have different directories).

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Roma_Victrix, glad you like them. Unfortunately I am too lazy to incorporate them into any of the big submods. I actually feel big submod compilations are an overkill. Turn times are too long. Models are not optimized at all. Not my sort of thing. So I am sticking to vanilla.

As for your question, a simple copy paste will do the trick as I didn't touch any of the vanilla models (they have different directories).

Sandy
    Good to know, thanks. I'm really enjoying the new skins!

These new skin are the reason why i am still playing vanilla third age total war instead of other submod.
    Really great work and thanks so much .
    By the way.... Can you make an archer unit with Swan knights helm(Swan Knights version of Archers) ?
    I really want to add them in this mod but I don't know how to make one OTZ.

They look fantastic!