Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Ok I figured it out. I figured that since it was a fresh install, I wouldn't need to worry about something as simple as verifying the game files. I did that, and now everything is working great, at least so far!

Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Please elaborate what you meant by 'verifying'.

Hello team, I can't start the mod because when I run it,it says did not found Kingdom.exe. Do I need to copy the files into the M2TW main folder ? Or do something else ?

I am playing on Windows 7 and the mod is version 1.5
    I have deleted the strings.bin files in the text folder as said by werebear

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Blog Entries

You have installed the mod into the wrong folder by the looks of it. Please check in which directory the BAT file is that starts the mod.

It should be in ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer or ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods, depending which version you installed.

Thank you Gigantus !`: I can now play

but then another problem arise : the game is not in full screen... Is this normal ?

Blog Entries

The settings in the CFG file do that. Open the CFG file with Notepad and change your resolution setting to the one your screen uses. The TGA setting is related to screenshots and is usually "resolution divided by 1.2" to avoid a line through the screenshot.

[video]
    movies = false
    windowed = true
    borderless_window = true
    tga_width = 1400
    campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
    battle_resolution = 1680 1050

If I understood well, I must copy and paste what you've written ? Somes of your setting are not even there in the files of warhammer.cfg

P.S I know I kinda suck when playing in the files...

Blog Entries

I assume you have the original Call of Warhammer, not one of my two versions, so the best would be if you copy the [video] section entries from your CFG file here and I have a look what can be changed.

This is the entry.

[video]
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1
    movies = 1
    show_banners = 1
    grass_distance = 6400

Blog Entries

You have two options:

1. disable the window mode by changing these two lines:
    windowed = 0
    borderless_window = 0

2. Add these two lines, replace numbers with your regular screen size resolution:
    campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
    battle_resolution = 1680 1050

Hi there, this mod looks amazing and hopefully a dream come true! I've had a problem installing though. About 20% of the way into installing an error message appears saying

data\fmv\event\turnir.bik

error source file is corrupted

Help! I downloaded the 3 large files, must I re-download everything?

Many thanks.

Blog Entries

From where did you download? Link if possible.

Hi there,

I used this link

http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=24936

and downloaded the 3 large downloads.

Blog Entries

20% should be in the first part. Downlaod that one again.
    Right underneath there are two more posts with fixes, please download and apply those as well.

Alternatively download and install my version.

i have the same problem as nakeddjjazzyworm and i have not been able to play the game at all when ever i start it it loads for a few seconds then crashes from an unspecified error and i really want to play the game but everything i have tried so far dosent work

Hi team!
    At first..Sorry for my english...But i'm Italian, and i think tou know....The Italian always speak a horrible english!
    I'm new of this Forum....I'm writing cause i have a problem whit the Traslation!I'm goin to explain..
    I have download the last update of English translation....I have the 1.5.1 version........It's all ok with the game...But......I have only one problem.....
    ALL the -historic events- are still in Russian..All the other text, message, all the other things are in English......But the -historic events- NO! :'(
    I had open Call_of_warhammer/data/text/historic events , and....Surprise..........I had opened it with word pad and ALL is in english...Only in the game are still in russian.... :'(
    How can it be??Someone can help me??

Blog Entries

Delete the historic_events.STRING.BIN file in the data\text folder of the mod - that will generate a new and updated file.

Unfotunately, i had already try, but when i delete the string.bin files, i can't start a campain.....

Blog Entries

I just noticed you used WORDpad - that will leave hidden formatting. Open the TXT file with NOTEpad and then save.

Otherwise simply use\install these files.

...Ok....I can't save it from notepad, it says that i don't have the right to do it in that folder.For have the right, i have to contact the admin.
    And if i copy and paste all the data in your link.....I cant start the campaign; the game crash before it enter in the campaign, and i have to restart the game....
    I'm the only one in the word with this problem, i think.. o.O