Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

From what I have heard from other players it appears that there is a problem with saves sometimes which could be linked to some scripting.
    If you have an old save, try playing that for a couple more rounds (beyond the previous save point) and then see if it still gives problems.

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Default Re: HELP! The Dark Gods aren't Letting Me Play CoW 1.5!! (Installation Help thread)

it s what i did, and i can follow my campain... whithout auto-save.

hey, just joined the forum, having quite a bit of trouble if anyone's willing to lend a hand
    basically, i've downloaded rage of the dark gods 1.5 and it doesn't seem to work. i did have call of war hammer 1.4.4 installed, but i removed that, re-installed med 2 and kingsdoms, updated to 1.5. all that happens after launching the game is the old loading screen for med 2 comes up for a second, then the game closes and an empty error box come up. i have absolutely no idea of what to do =(
    really sorry for bringing up old problems on the thread, i've tried to sort it out but haven't succeeded. hope someone can help =)
    cheers

Blog Entries

Looks like you got a messed up installation. Have a look where RodG is installed, it's shortcut should point here: ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods

cheers mate, checked that, the folder was different, it's now in Rage_of_dark_Gods
    i'm still getting the same thing, although now instead of the normal Med 2 loading screen coming up for a second, its the rage of dark gods one.
    is there anything else i could change?? i've tried re-installing this like a gabazillion times =(

Blog Entries

Did you install all parts? Because someone had the same problem and he ran only the first installer instead of all three....

no, all parts have been installed. i tried uninstalling everything, then re-installing med 2, kingdoms, updating to 1.5, then rage of dark gods - still the same problem, when i changed the folder name, the loading screen changed, but thats it so far

i have no idea if this makes any difference, but just found a folder called 'medieval II total war - kingdoms' with a call of warhammer folder in it with some files - have i managed to mess it up somehow?? :S
    really sorry about this - i'm not amazing with modding and stuff :$

Blog Entries

Have you changed the installation directory when you ran any of the three installers? Make sure the installers point to the C:\...\Medieval II Total War folder, not to the mod folder or anywhere else.

its ok it works! kinda lol
    tried re-installing it, don't know what i was doing wrong, but its finally working =D thanks a lot gigantus, really appreciate your help =)

slight problem i have now is with random crashes though =S but i think there are some fixes, so i'll install those and hopefully should all be ok

hi all, i have a problem, i have downloaded the 1.5 ver in the 3 big parts, but when i start the setup, he ask me to get the fourth part of the installer, but i haven't and on the site there is only 3 parts, what i've done wrong?

Blog Entries

Which version did you download? Please give a link to the webpage.

i've downloaded the 1.5 version from this link http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=24936, the big parts

Blog Entries

There is most likely one part missing - the total of those three parts comes up to just over 5GB, the 14 part installation underneath it is 5.6GB, a substantial difference.
    Download the 14 part installation or try my 'cleaned up' version.

ok i will try the 14 parts, i'm sorry but i can't download torrents :/ ty anyway

Hi there. I am trying 1.5 for the first time, used an older version a few years ago.

I have installed everything, including the fix, English patch, etc. Using the Steam version with the Kingdoms launcher. The mod's launch art shows up, then the movie starts. Then the game crashes with an 'unspecified error.'

I've tried looking around and haven't seen this exact issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kgoodrid View Post
    Hi there. I am trying 1.5 for the first time, used an older version a few years ago.

I have installed everything, including the fix, English patch, etc. Using the Steam version with the Kingdoms launcher. The mod's launch art shows up, then the movie starts. Then the game crashes with an 'unspecified error.'

I've tried looking around and haven't seen this exact issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    UPDATE: I just discovered that Kingdoms won't run either. I used to use a disc version, but had just purchased and installed the Steam version.

If I try to run vanilla MTW, it shows the load screen then crashes to the desktop with no message. If I try to run any Kingdoms campaign, it gives an unspecified error. This is a fresh Steam install. Not sure what the problem is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Unfortunatly, I have already done all of that.

The weird thing is that I can't run even vanilla using Steam. I just downloaded it, and it won't run, while the disc version used to run fine for me. From my research, lots of people are having problems with the Steam version. Really annoying.

Blog Entries

Check with the guys here: Medieval II: Total War Technical Help