Thread: Unresponsive units

Andor Vex's Avatar Libertus

Default Unresponsive units

This has been bothering me for a while, but it has recently become a bigger problem while playing as Poland (more micromanagement). It's really simple: after issuing an order to a unit the unit sometimes becomes unresponsive for a while and goes on only doing the given task, ignoring all other commands.

Example: I tell a cavalry unit to charge, but want to cancel that order, it won't listen.

It's even more annoying in deployment phase. It let's me move my units around for a while and then all of them become unresponsive (major pain in the backside when trying to deploy stakes)

When they stop listening, all possible order buttons become greyed out. It affects all units.

I hope someone can help me with this because it's ruining a mod that is great otherwise.

Default Re: Unresponsive units

Hi,

I am not familiar with this issue occuring in my mods before, can I ask a few questions to help find the cause?

- Which mod is this issue occuring in (CCM, CCM2, Retrofit, GUAM)?
    - Does it happen most of the time, frequently or only sometimes?
    - Can you also check for the same or similar issues in unmodded M2TW or Kingoms?
    - Can you also check for the same or similar issues in other mods you may have?
    - Have you installed any other mods or unpacked/modded the game yourself?
    - Have you made any changes to the mod or installed any sub mods?

At this stage, depending on the answers to the above questions, the only possible solution I have is to uninstall the mod, make sure the particular mods folder is empty/deleted (e.g. 'mods\retrofit' or 'mods\custom_campaign_2') and reinstall the mod. However, if the issue also occurs in vanilla M2TW, Kingdoms or any other mods thenthe issue might be in your M2TW and reinstalling the mod may not solve anything.

Hopefully someone else might be able to offer some help, otherwise your answers may help me find the problem.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

1) Retrofit mod (1.0 I think?)
    2) Every battle. Most of the time it's triggered by attack orders.
    3) Checked Vanilla and Britannia. Both campaign and custom battle. Seemed clean.
    4) The only other mod I have is TATW and that runs just fine.
    5) TATW, other than that I haven't tampered with the game's files.
    6) No and no.

PS! I didn't even think of reinstalling before, I feel kind of silly now

hmm, I am afraid I am at a loss as to what is causing the issue.

I am unfamiliar with TATW and don't know which version you are using. It is unlikely, but possible, that the version of TATW you are using might not install all files to a mod path and could create a conflict with Retrofit. Also, do you have the Kingdoms patch (1.5) installed?

The only suggestions I have are:

1) Uninstall Retrofit, ensure you also manually delete the retrofit folder (in case there are any remaining files and preferences), then reinstall and test
    2) Failing above, try a different version of Retrofit for comparison (e.g. Retrofit MP 2.0). Retrofit MP is basically the same as Retrofit just with balance changes to improve online battles. It would be interesting to see if you also have issues with other Retrofit versions.
    3) Failing above, try the Custom Campaign mod 2. This incorporates Retrofit and would also be interesting to see if it also has this issue.
    4) If the problem persists despite reinstalling Retrofit, the only other suggestion I have is to completely reinstall M2TW, Kingdoms, Kingdoms patch and Retrofit and test it out before installing any other mods. Be sure to manually delete the entire M2TW directory before reinstalling in case there are any left over files and preferences causing the issue.

Sorry I can't offer any further suggestions or ideas at the moment.

Well, I reinstalled and from what I've played so far that seemed to do it. You have my thanks.

No problem, glad it is working!