Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Default Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

If you need any help batman just ask me and ill research for you.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Can you research to see if anybody that can do startpos is available?

No, I've been trying for months now. I don't think we need anything else for now.

♔EmperorBatman999♔, If you are interested, I can share with you my models for Italian Campaigne. At this point I have made all historically accurate cavalry regiments of the Italian army.

for example, guides-hussards of Italian Army.

Prototype:

Im glad that you are going to continue this mod as it was very good and it could get improved alot more.

hamjam's Avatar Foederatus

I really like the fact that political identification is replacing religion -- question on that though:

How many affiliations will there be? I think it would be a shame to have just a Republican/ Democratic dichotomy and to thus lose all the Girondist vs Montagnards struggles that I find as the real charm of the revolutionary time period. I am sure it would be impossible and inadvisable to have three French factions, but could the Revolutionary faction have a choice of what "religion" to be, which would then result in different game play and ministers (i.e.: choose Montagnard and end up with Robespierre and Saint-Just as ministers, and have an advantage in Paris but a disadvantage in other regions of France)?

Looking forward to this mod -- I definitely wish I could help in some manner.

Ham

Well, it was also planned that there would be Centrism to mix it up. But really it is Revolutionaries vs. Reactionaries and just on each side the general spectrum.

With that said, saddly there hasn't been a lot of support for the mod and it doesn't look like it will be completed anytime soon unless somebody can mod the Startpos. It's a difficult task few people know how to do anymore.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Startpos modder here, what do you need?

I don't think there is a problem with support, I just think comments and shows of enthusiasm have generally waned since the first period of stagnation before Beale left, and all the ups and downs in-between then and now.

That being said, Wsq - if you can help get Surrection on its feet, I'll rep you every day till I die

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

As will I, Sirs. I can remember the hope with which I gazed on these threads when Beale and Co. first announced Revolution: Order of War.
    It has been a tumultous journey, one that I hope will soon end in rejoicing.

Get it done lads. The 18th Centurion stands with you.
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

It's decided, I will work on the startpos for Surrection.
    Last edited by Jokern; February 29, 2012 at 04:04 PM.

First, sorry for double-posting, but here's a little preview of something I'm working on for the mod;

Preview for Surrection

Napoleon Bonaparte: The new face of fashion!

Awesome cant wait goodluck

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

It´s really promising... hope you all a great work.

Just a small preview on the rosters of France and Austria.

Note that I forgot to remove the French Guard Artillery.

Austria:

France:

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Very nice

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Excellent, great to be able to follow the progress of the mod! +rep

If I could make a suggestion, however: CA made a mistake in giving the Austrians Landwehr, which they didn't create or field until the 1809 campaign. They probably just wanted to make the quality of Austrian troops - as an 'enemy nation' and one with an unfortunate cliché of losing battles - appear of lesser quality. Does that 'militia' slot have to remain filled? I have ideas if necessary which would be less anachronistic.

A few questions:
    - Will the lethality of howitzers be tweaked in this mod? I shudder at the idea of vanilla howitzers messing things up.
    - Are the Austrian Ulhans going to be recruitable everywhere or only in their native Poland if the Austrian player captures it?
    - Will the French white-coats (look great, by the way) have a recruitment cap? Will the French start with units of them under his command?
    Last edited by Inkie; March 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Austria's roster is pretty standard as to what it was in NTW.

France has some new additions, for example the Sans-Culottes (2nd to the left) which are cheap skirmishing units with high morale, the White Coat Infantry (5 to the left) represents some of the old Royalist regiments that joined the Revolution. France starts with a few of these, but it can't recruit anymore and are there to give France a boost until reforms are made enabling France to recruit most of its line units. Then there are Revolutionary Infantry (3rd to the left) which some might remember from the Italian campaign. They have high morale and a good charge, but they are bad shooters. They don't need reforms and should act as your line infantry as a stop-gap until line units come. Finally, to the far right of the Infantry the National Guard have been moved from Militia to a Guard unit. Sort of funny how they moved to the other end of the spectrum. To the far right of the cavalry are Gendarme Grenadiers, which are your guard cavalry.

Good job with the Hungarians!!!!!!! Can you give red facings also to the German Grenadiers? I think they looks tougher in red than in that shade of light blue!!!!! And maybe gold-yellow faced Hungarian grenadiers!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

soult
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

The thing I like about Austrian uniforms is how well the white accomodates secondary colours. Strong red is a bold image, but I think it's kind of unimaginitive, and it would be a shame if more than the basic line infantry adopted this colour scheme. I personally think the light blue secondary is delicious, along with all the other great underrated colours for military facing, like that badass dude with pink facings we all know. You have tons of others like Beaulieu regiment's yellow/gold, at least one regiment (Kinski I think) with purple facings. Dashing and surprising facing colours are part of the reason I like 18th century uniforms so much, plus the awesome taste for headgear the Austrians had 1770-1805.

If you ask me, the German Grenadiers look perfect with light blue facings, yet the Hungarian regiments could use a bit of dash to go with those blue trousers - I would say dark green or golden yellow. Old regime troops are there to be professional, manly marionettes dressed with elaborate and fashionable colours, wigs and culottes, teaching those filthy Jacobins some style!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast