Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Just to avoid these sort of things regarding troop quality, I made most unmodified except for the Revolutionaries, who get a morale boost because of the Revolutionary spirit.

I seriosely disagree with the quality of troops being the same realism is the key to this mod.
    Anyway here is the hannoverian cav photo.
    I also have some soldiers from the portugese army around 1790.
    Last edited by king of prussia; January 16, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Is there anything you can get for Hannoverian or Hessian infantry? I'm looking for replacements of the British KGL troops which didn't exist yet. I figured the best alternative to them would be the Hannoverian army itself or Britain's Hessian mercenaries.

found hannoverian infantry but not hessian

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Is there anything you can get for Hannoverian or Hessian infantry? I'm looking for replacements of the British KGL troops which didn't exist yet. I figured the best alternative to them would be the Hannoverian army itself or Britain's Hessian mercenaries.
    Hessians!

these plates are from the time of American Revolution, but the uniform cuts weren't very dissimilar in 1792 (probably the grenadiers adopted fur caps, since the regiments sent to quell the Irish rebellion of 1798 were reported wearing such items):
    Our reenactment unit is now tailoring some uniforms of the 3rd Battalion Garde, so i am pretty full of documentation about them.
    About the Hannoverians, i knew little or nothing, but I think the colour plate posted by King of Prussia is from the 7yw time, since they resemble the british uniform of that time.

hoping to be of some help...
    cheers!!

soult
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Some other pics about the Hessians:
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Hesse-Kassel Troops 1789-1793 ; further plates available....

At this period Grenadiers appear to wear Grenadier caps similar to those of Austria, not mitres.
    Last edited by Prince of Essling; January 17, 2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: comment re grenadiers
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Essling View Post
    Hesse-Kassel Troops 1789-1793 ; further plates available....

At this period Grenadiers appear to wear Grenadier caps similar to those of Austria, not mitres.
    Excellent source!! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the help, I will get on to them hopefully later on.

In addition, I know I've been stressing this several times, but I am in serious need of somebody that can do Startpos work. Otherwise I'll have to release this mod as a big skin pack.

Nothing of mecklenburg.I have a last resort idea for surrection.Maybe hire the old ROW startpos guy.

Just to give you peeps a heads up SOPA is creating tyrany.You could be jailed if you have a link to another youtube video if sopa passes the bill. so plz join in and we will keep the freedom that we have!.

Patrician

Hanover: Infantry & cavalry from 1780s; artillery 1794.

Edit: Knotel plate added.
    Last edited by Prince of Essling; January 18, 2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: knotel plate
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

I will not see anti-SOPA stuff in my mod or thread.

Hi just a historical question.Why did soldiers start wearing shakoes instead of bicornes?.Did they block eye view?,why exactly did they go to shakoes?.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I will not see anti-SOPA stuff in my mod or thread.
    Excuse the question, but what is SOPA?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    Excuse the question, but what is SOPA?
    thanks
    Here in America, the government wants to pass a law that is intended to cut down on piracy, but the way the law is set up means a good lot of the internet as it is now will get shut down. Internet serive providers will have the power to block, shut down or in use other means to prevent customers from viewing certain sites.

KoP, fashion taste, mostly. It is believed the Hungarian Hussars took a cylinderical cap from the Turks and began wearing it themselves, and modified it until it began to resemble a shako. Like everything else the Hungarian Hussars did, it quickly became a craze in Europe. The shako made the troops look smarter, while also making them appear taller. The shako also had space for a plume, regimental badge and cockade, making it easier to tell what unit a soldier was in and his role in that regiment.

Batman do you need any research done?.Do you want help with the prussian and austrian imperial guard?

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Looking forward to this mod
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by king of prussia View Post
    Batman do you need any research done?.Do you want help with the prussian and austrian imperial guard?
    Nope, both are sorted already.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by king of prussia View Post
    Nothing of mecklenburg.I have a last resort idea for surrection.Maybe hire the old ROW startpos guy.
    For info on Mecklenburg see my exchanges in ETW at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494149 ; in particular post 2 and the Histofig plate (3rd item) in post 6.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast