Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

Default Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

edit i think i may have an idea for region ownership don't belive in it 100% though it might not work

my new trick is hybrid startpos. i will try and edit region ownerships now looking at a map of europe at the time of the french revolution

ok maybe i should do the region ownership for the war of the first coalition since i have to do royalist france in the 1789 campaign.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Juve, can you make variants and maybe do some atlas editing?

Also, King of Prussia, this forum uses an edit button. And if you aren't as certain on how to do it, you don't need to. I'll find somebody, eventually. It's annoying as everybody good has their own projects.

yeah sorry about that.anyway i'm having a lot of troble editing starting treasury so i can buy regions and give them to their owners and then I will have done the startpos for 1792

I don't want to bother you, you don't need to work on the Startpos if you're having trouble with it.

yeah it's kinda gettin too hard i do have a sort of startpos map idea but i don't know how to post pictures. the image doesn't coem from the internet so the insert image doesn't work for the pic.
    I think i can tell you whats on that map.
    britanny is the last royalist stronghold.
    northern italy pedimont liguria holland and belgium now belong to austria. all the rest is the same.
    Last edited by king of prussia; January 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

I understand your eagerness, but I should've told you what I wanted specifically.

could I instead maybe do the research for the team?.In my spare time i do research around that time period.Like the faction flags and that stuff.I know some stuff already,STPetersburg was the russian capital at the time moscow only bacame capital when the communists took over.I know the historically correct prussian flag at the time period.As you know i don't know how to post pictures so i will learn then post the pictures.

Sure, you can do research.

The variation in uniforms is half of the fun of this time period. It makes the battlefield interesting to look at instead of lines of vanilla looking soldiers. Generic not only looks like to someone who is familiar with the period it's just not very realistic. Like Emegre regiments in foreign armies it's just cool to have the units in the game. La Vendee and Britanny for the royalists should have a large amount of support naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    The variation in uniforms is half of the fun of this time period. It makes the battlefield interesting to look at instead of lines of vanilla looking soldiers. Generic not only looks like to someone who is familiar with the period it's just not very realistic. Like Emegre regiments in foreign armies it's just cool to have the units in the game. La Vendee and Britanny for the royalists should have a large amount of support naturally.
    Which is something we're trying to do, this period has the most interesting and diverse uniforms ever I think. I should do a preview soon to give you all a look.

I'm sure you have plenty of people for it but if there is anything about uniforms I can help as unfortunatly I can not mod in any way shape or form.

Now as the researcher I will talk about historical acuracy.
    Moscow never the capital of russia untill the end of ww1. Russian capital was always STPetersburg.
    Russians always had low morale and were more likely to break then eG:a prussian army.
    Prussians had high morale and good infantry however had poor quality muskets.Austrians had more numbers had average morale and bad infantry.Uk was average.
    French had high morale due to defending their country everything else average.Thats all I know.

By the way you might wanna consider adding winter troops that are more expensive but have less atrition then give some of the troops greatcoats.
    Last edited by king of prussia; January 16, 2012 at 03:24 AM.

thats the startpos image even though im not doing startpos.

[QUOTE=king of prussia;10890804]Russians always had low morale and were more likely to break then eG:a prussian army.
    Prussians had high morale and good infantry however had poor quality muskets.Austrians had more numbers had average morale and bad infantry.Uk was average.
    French had high morale due to defending their country everything else average.Thats all I know.
    [QUOTE]

I think this is a list of stereotypes!!!!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Quote Originally Posted by king of prussia View Post
    thats the startpos image even though im not doing startpos.
    hmmmm why austria holds piedmont, northern italy (including venice) and holland?? Piedmont should belongs to Piedmont-Sardinia,northern italy could be divided into two little states, Modena north and the Grand Duchy of Tuscany (the papal states in 1792 held a larger territory than in 1805), Venetia belongs to Republic of Venice and Holland belongs to the kingdom of holland!!!

just my considerations!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    hmmmm why austria holds piedmont, northern italy (including venice) and holland?? Piedmont should belongs to Piedmont-Sardinia,northern italy could be divided into two little states, Modena north and the Grand Duchy of Tuscany (the papal states in 1792 held a larger territory than in 1805), Venetia belongs to Republic of Venice and Holland belongs to the kingdom of holland!!!

just my considerations!
    The way I had planned it, Venice would belong to Venice. Milan would be Austrian (since most were Austrian allies and Tuscany was a Habsburg Domain) and Piedmont would belong to Sardinia.

I don't understand why my army quality is a sterio type.I have looked it up on many websites.Yes im sure the russian had some high quality line infantry but the average russian soldier wasn't they were vast in numbers. If batman made russian have high quality and huge units russia would be unstopable.Now that i think of it prussia still had great soldiers at the time of the french revolution so prussian units should be the best in that campaign. but in 1792 it should be slightly worse.

I have historical acurate campaign flags here.
    First flag is prussian ,2nd is austrian.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast