Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

EmperorBatman and ResPvblica present...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Before the time of the 1st Empire, or Napoleon Bonaparte, or even the dawn of the 19th century, there was an insurrection by the people of France. A time of change, a time of chaos. Old met new, and often times it wasn't a pretty site. The Guilotine, the Reign of Terror and the brutal wars where the Old Powers in Europe were in true jeopardy. It was a time of epic battles, like Valmy, Lodi, Arcole and Toulon.
    It was a time for Total War.

What is the mod?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Surrection is the succesor to Revolution: Order of War and using large amounts of content from it, Surrection intends to bring the graphics and gameplay of Napoleon with he setting of Empire: Total War. Set during the dark days of the French Revolution, the mod will allow you to play both Revolutionary and Reactionary forces in a time of massive changes happening in the west. At the same time the mod aims to maintain a "vanilla" feel gameplay while reamaining quite original.

Want to join the team? Take up the tricolor and ask!
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; December 25, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Default Re: Surrection - A French Revolution Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War

This is one of the best Christmas present that i have ever received.Merry Christmas!

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

Work is underway ladies...

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

This looks great! What kind of help do you need?

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Wsq96 View Post
    This looks great!
    I agree!

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Sounds nice. I might reinstall NTW in anticipation of this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Wsq96 View Post
    This looks great! What kind of help do you need?
    At the moment we need people who can work with skins and variants for visual aspects. Also at the same time we need people who can work with Startpos stuff to help Res Pvblica on that.

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

Great + rep!

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

Looks awesome, can't wait! I love the Revolution!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Not to sound rude but why have you not just continued with row which has a forum and a base already?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Not to sound rude but why have you not just continued with row which has a forum and a base already?
    Just a clean start, and to get rid of all the clutter that followed RoW.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Very good idea people.
    Do you plan to use parts of Darthmod?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Very good idea people.
    Do you plan to use parts of Darthmod?
    No, although most likely we will use the Hedge Knight's UAI mod.

The entire idea is not grossly overhaul the game, just take it back to an earlier time period through visuals. But good AI is nice.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

sounds promising, keep up the good work!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

Thank you everyone for the support - we're looking for anybody to help me skin, textures, maybe some more detailed knowledge like possible modelers, scripters, etc...

Res Pvblica

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Good luck guys!

Awfully glad to see this concept revived! Looking forward to eventually at least having a beta to play with!

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!! Please, do good work to my beloved Austrians, and maybe, set the game start in 1786, so Austrians and Russians could enjoy the Turkish War while the Royalists and the Revolutionaries fight each others!!!!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!! Please, do good work to my beloved Austrians, and maybe, set the game start in 1786, so Austrians and Russians could enjoy the Turkish War while the Royalists and the Revolutionaries fight each others!!!!
    Yes, we plan to depict the Turkish War to some extent.

Also, are the uniforms Austria used in the Italian Campaign accurate enough to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    are the uniforms Austria used in the Italian Campaign accurate enough to be used?
    Well, some units are missing (Hungarian fusilier and grenadier) while the other ones are worth a little rework, especially if their look is to be compared with Quad's excellent Prussians and Brits. Austrian uniform regulation of 1767 was kept in use until 1800, (even if in 1798 they began to introduce the new ones) so they are OK even for the turkish campaign of 1787!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast