Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better looking princesses

anyone has a mod that just makes the princess l,oook better? they look like ugly.

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

You should remember that people were ugly in general in Medieval times. But you're right. Alizee and Britney Spears would be welcome in my court :

I see my Alizée mongering has done well.

some are cows

others look pretty decent

just don't ask them to smile
    Violent military action by an occupying power against the inhabitants of an occupied country will only make matters worse.

- Kofi Annan -

Robson85

Yes, Alizee would be cool

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

As Mordhak said, Medieval women weren't much to look at, especially Western Europeans. Malnutrition and constant inbreeding kinda beat them with an ugly stick.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Sometimes historical accuracy should be traded for hotness.

u forgot sister and mother humpers.

Lads, I seriously think you should get out more. :w00t If you want to sit there and salt your ham to the princess portraits, I'm a bit worried!

Civis

I agree... I'll trade accuracy for hotness... but Jessica Alba and Catherine Zeta Jones

Originally posted by Fianóglach@Aug 17 2004, 10:02 PM
    Lads, I seriously think you should get out more. :w00t If you want to sit there and salt your ham to the princess portraits, I'm a bit worried!
    Ha, we waste our time with much worse revelry man.

if they were hotter, at least then I would be able to marry them off!!
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

The women in MTW look like men in drag. Some of them have five o'clock shadows. Some have a strange resemblance to Uruk-Hai foot-soldiers. How did this happen? Was there some sort of in-house competition going on at CA as to who could freak out the others the most with their princess?

Fortunately they seem to have noticed this by Viking Invasion, because the girls in that are, though not actually pretty (some might qualify as pretty with makeup - but they don't wear makeup), are at least bearable to look at. Some even have a kind of simple rustic wholesomeness about them that works.

And in RTW, of course, they have Victoria, the babe, who I'm going to marry some day (she doesn't this yet). What a BABE.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Yeah. Lots of time on our hands.

Originally posted by Duke Atreide@Aug 18 2004, 02:13 PM
    this is just sad, its a game, good game, but a game
    You think I'm into it...

Who is Alizee?
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

A popular French singer, basically. And to stay on topic: Dem princesses R u-glee.

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

::ot:: Oh come on, you won't say you don't know her. :p (I am NOT one of the posters in that forum. These guys are just crazy. Like a french singer is god on earth :w00t

Anyways, inbreeding was a very method of making people ugly in medieval times. Also, the beauty standards in that period were completely different from now: rich people were untanned, because having a tanned skin was only for farmers etc. And the fatter you were as a woman, the more attractive, since fatter women are usually better cared for than slim ones (in that time, again) and would bring forth healthier children. Healthy son = good successor = future for your kingdom. And last point, you were only allowed to marry other royal or (...what was the word again..) no bel(l)(?) women, and there were only a handful of those in medieval times. So, not much chance you'd encounter a wonder of the world.

Originally posted by Mordhak@Aug 19 2004, 04:20 AM
    ::ot:: Oh come on, you won't say you don't know her. :p (I am NOT one of the posters in that forum. These guys are just crazy. Like a french singer is god on earth :w00t

Anyways, inbreeding was a very method of making people ugly in medieval times. Also, the beauty standards in that period were completely different from now: rich people were untanned, because having a tanned skin was only for farmers etc. And the fatter you were as a woman, the more attractive, since fatter women are usually better cared for than slim ones (in that time, again) and would bring forth healthier children. Healthy son = good successor = future for your kingdom. And last point, you were only allowed to marry other royal or (...what was the word again..) no bel(l)(?) women, and there were only a handful of those in medieval times. So, not much chance you'd encounter a wonder of the world.
    1) I really never have heard of this Alizee person before. Perhaps you need to be American to have heard of her?

2) A tan is not necessarily a component of standards of beauty today. Just look at Jordan (Katie Phillips), for example - heavily tanned, and yet quite palpably as bovine as a milk cow. Personally I find a very pale, milky-white skin tone very appealing, like Carrie-Ann Moss from the Matrix films.

3) None of the princesses in MTW look ugly because they're pale or puffy - it's just that they look like men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast