Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wagon Fort in RTW?

Default Re: Wagon Fort in RTW?

This is interesting, could we get the historical battle?

Yeah, that's what the first piece of text was.
    I think the problem is that I haven't made a unit card or description yet, I don't know what text file to edit.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

you don't need a unit card but the description is what I meant to ask about...

Are there any more files I need to edit?

http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...on/index.shtml That link is one for unit creation at the top it has all the mandatory files you need to edit and down lower it has the instructions it can become kinda complicated but I have used it and it does work.

Okay, I almost got it to work, the game doesn't crash on startup, it does however crash just before battle with the wagons. The error is "failed to find LION_wagon_laager_overlay.CAS texture". I have no idea what the difference between all of these files are: LION_wagon_laager_area.CAS, LION_wagon_laager_underlay.CAS, LION_wagon_laager_overlay.CAS, LION_wagon_laager_info.CAS as I have no 3d modelling software. I know that the underlay and overlay models are used for the building version but I don't know where I would put them in this file:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

type wagon
    culture all
    class ballista

engine_model_group normal
    engine_skeleton tortoise_ram
    engine_collision data/settlement_plans/underlays/LION_wagon_laager_underlay.CAS
    engine_model data/settlement_plans/overlays/LION_wagon_laager_overlay.CAS, max
    engine_platforms none

engine_model_group dying
    engine_skeleton tortoise_ram_dying
    engine_platforms none

engine_model_group dead
    engine_platforms none

engine_shadow none

engine_radius 4
    engine_length 7
    engine_width 6
    engine_height 3.0
    engine_mass 25
    engine_dock_dist 5.0
    engine_mob_dist 7.5
    engine_flammable true
    engine_ignition 0.8
    fire_effect engine_fire_ram_set

obstacle_shape rectangle
    obstacle_x_radius 2.2
    obstacle_y_radius 5.0

engine_spo

engine_push_point -1.5 1.0
    engine_push_point -1.5 -1.3
    engine_push_point -1.5 -3.6
    engine_push_point 1.5 1.0
    engine_push_point 1.5 -1.3
    engine_push_point 1.5 -3.6

engine_health 10
    ;engine_armour ballista

missile_model data/models_engine/Bolt_high.CAS, 20.0
    missile_model data/models_engine/Bolt_high.CAS, 40.0
    missile_model data/models_engine/Bolt_high.CAS, max
    missile_pos 0.0 1.0 0.0
    missile_radius 1
    missile_height 2.5
    missile_mass 3

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I mainly just guessed with it and I have no idea if anything I've written is right, could someone check this for me?

ALSO: I would give you the historical battle Royal_McKeogh, but I don't know what folder it's kept in. I found the folder containing all of the other battles, but not any of the custom ones.
    Last edited by Stagfish; January 09, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

Should be good as far as my skills go... Are you trying to use the mod:switch with it? if you are and they textures aren't in the mod switch file then you need to take away the LION at the beginning but that is all I can see. You should see if you can find bruslav or someone who has modded siege engines before.

I tried deleting the LION part but that just made it crash on startup, I'll see if I can get in contact with Bruslav.

EDIT: Hmm, I cannot find his name in the member list. Does he have any letter or numbers in his name?
    Last edited by Stagfish; January 09, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

It is Brusilav or something like that I don't know but he is in the Technical Help board a lot.

Edit: Brusilov that is copied from one of his posts.

Also... + rep would be much appreciated for this help if it would bother you to much.
    Last edited by Bonez; January 09, 2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: To add infromation

Thanks, I sent him a message explaining the problem. I shouldn't really give points to those who ask but I gave you one anyway.

EDIT: Seems he couldnt help me, I decided to make a thread about the problem to see if someone else could help me.
    Last edited by Stagfish; January 10, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Okay, I've discovered the biggest problem and realised why my previous one is happening. The problem is I've been trying to use the model of a BUILDING as a model for an ENGINE. It seems their coding are very different and I won't be able to do this mod without a 3d model editor. As I do not have one I can't finish this mod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12