Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TATW 3.1 The One Ring

Default Re: TATW 3.1 The One Ring

In my game as Gondor I got a note that the ring was found in Umbar. I think this was around turn 35 - 40. Quite a distance from Moria. Later in the game it was found again much closer to Moria. I haven't paid much attention as I kind of have my hands full elsewhere in Middle Earth.

In my high elves campaign i took the ring to mound doom, i have to say it was pretty good, because try to beat mordor when everybody was just sitting and watching would be painfull.

thats pretty much all high elves can do anyway lol

Quick question: If you lose the Ring before finishing the Quest, do you still suffer the penalties, or does that subplot revert to searching for it?

Shrapnel's Avatar Civis

playing a sGondor Sauron managed to get the ring before I could so I never got the quest - however I now have the ring so how do I destroy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Skorr View Post
    Quick question: If you lose the Ring before finishing the Quest, do you still suffer the penalties, or does that subplot revert to searching for it?
    You get rid of the penalties and revert to searching for it, as you put it.

OMG I had the ring and the quest to destroy it and then gollum stole it !!!

Shrapnel's Avatar Civis

but how do you destroy it without the quest..

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    but how do you destroy it without the quest..
    You dont

Now Im not 100% sure try this take your ring bearer (whoever got the ring) and take him to mt. Doom and stay there for 5 turns and see if it destroys it

Wonder if that will will without the quest
    Last edited by Legolose; December 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiplexHeated View Post
    What ring?

Quote Originally Posted by FitzyPitzy View Post
    You get rid of the penalties and revert to searching for it, as you put it.
    Well, I'm not sure this is entirely true. You lose the ring corruption (reduced movement speed), and stat boosts that come from the ring, of course. My Elven general also developed a lot of traits about being overly trusting, and having no sense of his own mortality while carrying the ring. Those could have been coincidental, but my impression is that these traits were largely developed as a result of carrying the one ring. Even after destroying the one ring those traits have stayed with my general. So if an assassin ever find him, he'll be dead meat as he has a huge percentage chance that assassinations will be successful against him. He's also completely fearless, which basically means he'll not run from any danger, and this actually gives his soldiers a morale boost.

Regardless, your generals seem to be forever affected by carrying the one ring.

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    Well, I'm not sure this is entirely true. You lose the ring corruption (reduced movement speed), and stat boosts that come from the ring, of course. My Elven general also developed a lot of traits about being overly trusting, and having no sense of his own mortality while carrying the ring. Those could have been coincidental, but my impression is that these traits were largely developed as a result of carrying the one ring. Even after destroying the one ring those traits have stayed with my general. So if an assassin ever find him, he'll be dead meat as he has a huge percentage chance that assassinations will be successful against him. He's also completely fearless, which basically means he'll not run from any danger, and this actually gives his soldiers a morale boost.

Regardless, your generals seem to be forever affected by carrying the one ring.
    That does makes sense, thank you for clarifying it to me aswell. So they only lose the immediate effects of wearing the ring but can't help their rotten charasterics ^^
    I guess I never kept the ring with my general long enough for him to develop all those bad traits.

Highland Kelt's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    The One Ring
    which one?
    ...This is my Island...

Quote Originally Posted by ajak60 View Post
    shouldve gotten a quest to head to Imaldris, id say start heading there... spy ahead make sure imaldris is still held by the elves... if it isnt i think the quest shifts to you going to rivendale but im not positive
    In the campaign I'm playing as Mordor, first it was Mithlond, then to Imladris (held by Elrond).

But after resurrecting Sauron and the giving him the One Ring (from Dwar of War, who retrieved it in Imladris), Sauron got it stolen from him! Now I'm figuring out 1) how anyone could realistically steal the Ring from Sauron once he is wearing it and 2) how to get it back! I'm still in campaign, so maybe a new message about the Ring will come up, but I probably won't bother with it now that I've already resurrected Sauron. The powers on the Ring itself aren't worth completely altering a campaign for.

Laetus

So I have the ring, and got the message to go to Imladris. My general is at Imladris....now what?. Am I waiting for the White Counsel to meet, or some random event? I have waited 5 or 6 turns and nothing is happening.

I have searched the forum for answers, but cannot find anything; which probably means the answer is simple and I beyond me.

When I did this as soon as I ended turn after bringing my general to the Imladris region an event was triggered asking me whether or not I accepted the quest to destroy the one ring. Perhaps it can sometimes take longer than that, but 5-6 turns definitely sounds excessive. It sounds like something might have went wrong. Have you tried leaving Imladris and returning?

Laetus

I guess I'll try that. I checked to make sure I still have the ring, and I do....so I will see.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

You hold onto the Ring, eventually 10 or so turns for me, you'll get the mission to go to Imlardris to decied whether to destroy the Ring or Not?
    In my Game when this happened, Imlardris was captured by the OOMM so the Mission reverted to Caras Ghaladon instead.

Laetus

I received the missing to go to Imlardris, and proceeded to Imdardris. Now I'm waiting, and waiting, just outside the city.

I will try to leave and re-enter, maybe that will trigger an event.

Now that I think of it, I entered Imlardris after auto-retreating from a battle (I was attacked by the OOMM), so maybe my entry was recognized by the AI....hmmmm

Semisalis

Does anyone know what the benefits of capturing the ring and/or destroying it are?
    Does Mordor also get some kind of advantage if Sauron ever gets the ring?

Cheers for any help

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast