Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: CLOSED (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War

Default Re: (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War ***A Realism Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War***

Hi Dee Jay and Maskoolin!
    About the regiment from Tyrol: extract from 'Osprey - Men-at-Arms 276 - Austrian Army 1740-80 (2)'
    No. 46(Tyrol)
    Titles: Tiroler Land- und Feld-Regiment, raised 1745; 1745 Spauer, 1748 Ogilvy ( or 'O'Gilvy'), 1751 Sincére, 1752 Macquire, 1764 Migazzi ( or 'Migazzy').
    This unit was formed from the Tyrolean militia battalion ( Tiroler Land-Bataillon) and took on the constitution of a 'German' regiment in 1748, with many recruits from outside the Tyrol, the inhabitants of which showed little enthusiasm for enlisting. In 1766 the 'native' elements were re-formed as the Tiroler Land-Bataillon and in 1771 the regimental establishment was increased to 6,000, of whom 2,000 were for service only in the Tyrol.
    Uniform: Red facings (including turnbacks and Waistcoat 1775), red schoulder strap, yellow buttons, red pennon-shaped turnback badge (not indicated by Ottenfeld); green pompon, red rosettes.

Funcken writes the same in his book 'Historische Uniformen'

Greetings Reptile
    In all deinen Schlachten zu kämpfen und zu siegen ist nicht die größte Leistung.
    Die größte Leistung besteht darin, den Widerstand des Feindes ohne einen Kampf zu brechen.
    (Sun Tsu)

Default Re: (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War ***A Realism Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War***

Yes but prince henry is more important so dj should maybe replace the last one.

UK Duke of cumberland?
    Prussia Frederick the great
    Austria Charles of lorraine
    France Charles De Rohan.
    Russia Count Pytor Saltykov

i have found some pictures of the generals.First is Charles of lorraine,Second is charles de Rohan,Third is cumberland,Forth is Count Pytor Saltykov. And we all know how frederick the great looks like but ill post a picture.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Hi Dee Jay and Maskoolin!
    About the regiment from Tyrol: extract from 'Osprey - Men-at-Arms 276 - Austrian Army 1740-80 (2)'
    No. 46(Tyrol)
    Titles: Tiroler Land- und Feld-Regiment, raised 1745; 1745 Spauer, 1748 Ogilvy ( or 'O'Gilvy'), 1751 Sincére, 1752 Macquire, 1764 Migazzi ( or 'Migazzy').
    This unit was formed from the Tyrolean militia battalion ( Tiroler Land-Bataillon) and took on the constitution of a 'German' regiment in 1748, with many recruits from outside the Tyrol, the inhabitants of which showed little enthusiasm for enlisting. In 1766 the 'native' elements were re-formed as the Tiroler Land-Bataillon and in 1771 the regimental establishment was increased to 6,000, of whom 2,000 were for service only in the Tyrol.
    Uniform: Red facings (including turnbacks and Waistcoat 1775), red schoulder strap, yellow buttons, red pennon-shaped turnback badge (not indicated by Ottenfeld); green pompon, red rosettes.

Funcken writes the same in his book 'Historische Uniformen'

Greetings Reptile
    Thanks for that info, but Bohemia is already using the red facings and I would rather every region in the Habsburg Empire uses a different facings colour, even though pretty much every regiment had red, but it adds more variety to the game.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

For the previous discussion about the quality of armies during the mod´s era:
    I found in the Czech forum a characterization written by Henrich Lloyd (1729 – 1783), who served as general in the Austrian service during the Sven Years War and later he wrote the book called „The History of the Last War in Germany“ in 1766. According the post in the Czech forum, he wrote:

"The principles of moral and physical order are the elements of national character. This character is more or less dependent on the discipline, which it more or less suppressed. National character is reflected in every army. If the brutal discipline is built only on the threat, then destroy nationalist type, but can not create anything to replace this type. The real discipline is that which is based upon the nature of the national character. If those who build and manage armies, are not sufficiently familiar with human nature and differences in climate it produces and when they do not know the law and customs applicable in the State are not able to compile the code of military laws that would properly reflect the nature of the nation. They are then forced to build on the weak, poor and unworthy of the principles of fear. "

FRENCH ARMY . Cheerful, lively Frenchman windbag can better manage the immediate impulse and random injection system pump nozzle and odůvodňovaným rozumářským than persuasion. Climatic conditions explain the delicacy of his feelings. All accepts a live ...... French soldier goes on the offensive confident of victory, packed with self-esteem and contempt for others. But if repulsed, that all his feelings changed his high spirit of such decay, that nothing it can not compel him to re-attack. Ambition of the French forgive that pleaded for his mistakes and therefore very happy to blame his commanders and begin to rebel and desert.

Austrian army composed of peasants, who are humble and patient. The work and effort does not produce the heaviest resistance with them. They lack, however, religious enthusiasm. Their religion just to give them a respectable manners. The mind perceives very slowly and it is also the reason that I keep very long impressions. Nature and education does not lead to deliberation and the causes and consequences, and creating their own opinion. Therefore represent one of the best material for military occupation. I think that there is no force that would be better, except that the passionate fanaticism

Russians attach to all of these properties directly Austrian soldier pagan reverence for his Emperor. This means a certain enthusiasm, thanks to the Russian army which essentially exceeds any other that that fanaticism is missing. This extraordinary valor enabled the Russians to win the great exertions which yet had to suffer thanks to a Russian soldier gross illiteracy of its officers.

Prussian army is a collection of foreigners of all nations, different manners, customs and characters. This company can draw together only iron, animal discipline. Brutality and constant attention turned to the established order strictly maintained, the Prussian army consists of regular working great machine, sustained and powerful oduševňovanou genius who created it. Under such conditions the Prussian army may be considered as one of the most terrible in Europe. But only for a moment jestilže will be weakened spring, which it puts into operation, then all the diverse parts of which is formed, released and turned into ruins, the only memory that remains on its short and glorious Being. The Prussian army of all European armies nejlehčeji maneuver and it is the main cause of their victory. Outstanding genius of the Prussian king to solve these challenges, having just such troops available quality. But without that troops would also helpless.

Englishmen are not as sensitive and subject to such impressions as the French, but not as cumbersome as the Germans. More closer to the French, because very often they manifested impatience and explosiveness. If the English constitution led inject new energy into the discipline and greater fairness and good rewards distributed among the soldiers, and especially if the English army withdrew kupčení with military rank, then the first or one of the first in the world.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Just stumbled upon this mod and I am greatly anticipating it. I absolutely love this period of warfare!

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

It has become awfully quite here though....

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

The 18th Centurion looks upon this project with great Approval, old salts!
    I salute thee, let's get ol' Fritzie back on the field where he belongs!
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

when is napoleon art of war open beta going to be released?

about release date, any news ?

Not for a long while, I would guess not before this summer

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Hey guys, it feels like forever since I logged onto TWC

I am currently going to school and am half way through year 12, so no spare time for Dee Jay.

I have decided to completely give up modding, and I'm sorry that this project never got finished but I have no time at all for it.

He did say that he might consider offering some of the work to the Lordz NTW3 mod and try joining their mod group, which I am all completely fine with.

I know some people might be disappointed by this, and I'm sorry that something like this couldnt be finished. I was actually really excited coming up with the idea of this mod, announcing it and developing it.

Just thought I would make this post, I have been putting it off for a while and wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

Gooooooodbyyyyyyyye

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: CLOSED (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War

Goobye...
    See you soon :\

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

What a bitter disappointment!

"Completely giving up modding" is strong language, young buck, and rather pessimistic if you ask me.
    Be well, and know that this is a worthy challenge that must be overcome.

Frederick must ride again, by the hand of another talented modder with a vision, if not from yours. Were I a modder, Heaven knows, I'd do it myself!
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Become one then. I have a secret to tell you. Before they started modding NTW... no modder was a NTW modder

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Well.Im not surprised.I hope Dee that you have think it through and through.Such decission is not easy to make.After all the work,research and all the boom around it,beta testing,groups(how many people have invested their time into these projects you have gathered so many people around you that i personally think its not fair against them.Making a big black line,leave TWC,kill all the work in so short time?Wheres the entusiasm that you were spreading?This is something not understendable.But you are young and you have to discover all the goods that your age can offer probably.But making so a short kill is not showing much honor and respect to others.However no offence meant.I always be here as your friend and supporter.Good luck to you in your real life and i hope that you came around sometimes.

"And when he goes to heaven/
    To Saint Peter he will tell:/
    Another Modder reporting, sir;/
    I've served my time at TWC!"

-

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Become one then. I have a secret to tell you. Before they started modding NTW... no modder was a NTW modder

Totally agree
    And who knows? You might become the our next cohort of modder, Lord Hayes

Notker's Avatar Libertus

Oh, i thought in the 'Friedrich II.' year there will be a nice SYW game, or at least a fine mod with good MP part. Perhaps another madman (or woman ) will do that.
    But absolutely clear, life is at first place, and modding is hobby.
    Much luck DJ. Perhaps you programm in few years a SYW MMOgame, not only a mod .
    I will play it!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213