Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War ***A Realism Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War***

Late it is

Default Re: (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War ***A Realism Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War***

Good work for your new uniforms Dee Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    I believe this is the first preview I am ever doing on this mod

It's a pretty small one, but I'm just showing that I am actually working on it now.

I have made the coats for all the Austrian Line units, and this is what they look like:

First are the Imperial German units

From the Capitol, Austria

Bohemia

Moravia

Tyrol

Now the national units of Italy and the Netherlands

Italy

Netherlands

And last, but not least, the National Hungarian units

Hungary

Croatia

Transylvania

As you can see, I am only showing the torso for now. There are a few things that I couldn't do, because of the mesh, like I didn't remove the collar and I didn't edit the cuffs of the Hungarian units.

I also want to create my own faces for the Hungarians, because they need there own.

I think I am proudest of the Hungarian Fusiliers

Tell me what you guys think

EDIT: I have changed the colours for the Italian and Tyrolean units a bit, there not so bright now
    Wonderful units!!!

soult
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

I have revised the torso for all infantry, and reduced the contrast in the colours, so it's not so fluorescent and bright.

I have also added legs to all the troops

Tomorrow I will add the should pieces and then post some preview pics

But rather than having two green-faced units, you can set the "italian" green as yellow, the Modenese army (equipped with austrian styled uniform at that time) had a regiment with that facing colour afterall.

And yellow matches well on the austrian uniform!!!!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Notker's Avatar Libertus

@Dee Jay, for me only for interest. Its not possible (or to difficult) to remove the 'stand-up' collars? If not, perhaps because the origin model is designed with?
    Anyway they will look absolutely fine

I tried removing the colour just by making that part of the texture transparent, but then there is a big gap between the mans neck and his shoulders. So it's just a problem we will have to deal with until we get a 3D artist on the team.

And thanks for the advice on the italian units, I will change their facing colour to yellow

I think everyone will be pleased on the next set of screenshots

BTW - Would people like to see white gaiters (summer & parade) or black gaiters (winter & campaign) for the troops?

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    I tried removing the colour just by making that part of the texture transparent, but then there is a big gap between the mans neck and his shoulders. So it's just a problem we will have to deal with until we get a 3D artist on the team.

And thanks for the advice on the italian units, I will change their facing colour to yellow

I think everyone will be pleased on the next set of screenshots

BTW - Would people like to see white gaiters (summer & parade) or black gaiters (winter & campaign) for the troops?
    I would say white, but that's my personal taste though
    Great work btw on these lovely Austrians! I'm quite interested in Austria because I had to write a 6000 word essay on the implementation of Divine Right by the 18th century Habsburgs for my study (history ) So again great work and + rep if I can.
    Last edited by ♔Oggie♔; January 27, 2012 at 07:49 AM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Black gaiters

Excellent job buddy

Main generals.
    UK Duke of cumberland?
    Prussia Frederick the great
    Austria Charles of lorraine
    France Charles De Rohan.
    Russia Count Pytor Saltykov
    Last edited by king of prussia; January 27, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Secondary generals replacing those like scharsenhoust,pickton
    Prussia Prince henry
    Prussia Frederich Von Seydiltz
    Uk Robert clive
    Uk William Pit
    Austira Leopold count von daun
    Austria Franz Moritz von Lacy
    France?
    France?
    Saxony Frederick AugustusII

Lol oggie an austrian would hate to read it because they kept getting their ass kicked in ww1 they couldn't even defeat serbia.

@ deejay

sorry my short negative comment. i m 1) austrian 2) studying history 3) interested in that time frime ... and as far as i know there were no 1) regular troops from tyrol (because of the country status and history) 2) definitly not pink

and please keep everything white and not grey

anyway great work !!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by king of prussia View Post
    Main generals.
    UK Duke of cumberland?
    Prussia Frederick the great
    Austria Charles of lorraine
    France?.
    Russia Count Pytor Saltykov
    Maybe Charles de Rohan for France?

A little delay on the preview. I am finishing off the Hungarian officer's legs, and I have started on the Hungarian faces.

EDIT: And also, all the soldiers in the units will be wearing black gaiters, but the musicians will be wearing white ones

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Prussia or Hannover: Prince Ferdinand of Brunswick!

Hmm that would be for hannover

Notker's Avatar Libertus

Ferdinand of Brunswick was a prussian officer and after the battle of Roßbach he was exempted by Friedrich II. (after request of Kurhannover) to take command of the allied army in western german region. But he was still prussian officer. So in campaign he wears still his prussian uniform. After war he was again governor of Magdeburg but after some differences with FII he left Prussian service. From 1755 to 1766 he was chief of the Prussian Infanterieregiment No.5 (the prussian regiment numbers were first invented in 1806)

Quote Originally Posted by Notker View Post
    (the prussian regiment numbers were first invented in 1806)
    Do you mean the progressive regimental numeration? I knew this was first introduced by Frederick II even if the regimental number was always coupled with the Chef (colonel's) name.
    I know Austria adopted the numeration (coupled with the colonel's name) with the 1767 reform and Britain in 1768 (coupled with the geographical identity), while Russia, Spain, France and Sweden (along with all the minor states) sticked with the old system well into the XIX century (France adopted the numeration with the french revolution)