Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CLOSED (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default CLOSED (FtG:AoW) Frederick the Great: Art of War

CLOSED
    Last edited by Dee Jay; March 14, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Frederick the Great: Art of War ***A Realism Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War***

Sooo.Dee Jay.You couldnt wait till Christmas?Is this the big thing?If yes,will do anything to help if time and knowledge allows.

Default Re: Frederick the Great: Art of War ***A Realism Overhaul for Napoleon: Total War***

Yep, this is the big thing

And if you want to help out the mod, join the social group

helo, good idea! Will there be complete new units made by a modeller?

I am waiting for a 3D modeller to come to my rescue but in the mean time I will make the units that are possible to make without new meshes

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Great idea Dee Jay. I really like the 18th century and I hope you guys can create something wonderful with this mod
    + rep

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

Great idea for a mod; Napoleon Total War is a fine engine to depict this era. Looking forward to this very, very much.

Good luck to you, I hope this mod turns out to be a good one. Will keep an eye on it .
    1861 Springfield .58 Caliber Percussion Musket

rjane04's Avatar Libertus

when will this one be release?

Nice to see some people interested in the mod

And the mod will not be released for a while, I am still dedicating most my modding time to Napoleon: Art of War, so once that is finished I can work on this (which wont be long )

Absolutely, I have wanted a mod that focused on this period.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

All comes to him who can wait. I've been an admirer of Prussia for all of my life, especially Frederic the Great. I'm over the moon with the announcement of this mod.

+ Rep, needless to say!

Thanks guys, I have updated the main post so that I can hopefully explain what this mod does a little better

EDIT: And it's got a picture of the new regional map. it's not much, but it's something
    Last edited by Dee Jay; December 22, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Have you checked the AI will actually build Guard if their recruitment time is 12 turns?

No, but they build 122 gun ships of the line dont they? and they take the same time. I think

EDIT: What about 10 turns? Do you think that will be better?

EDIT AGAIN: I got a new cover picture, the other one was low quality

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

Very nice and great idea! +rep

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I think the "horizon" for the AI is 5 turns, and with more than 5 turns they are a lot less likely to build.
    I suggest you try before putting the building time in stone.

Thanks for the advice Steph, I will try it out first. But it's a pain to do testing for campaigns...

AND THANKS FOR MORE SUPPORT GUYS

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Nice to see some people interested in the mod

And the mod will not be released for a while, I am still dedicating most my modding time to Napoleon: Art of War, so once that is finished I can work on this (which wont be long )
    "Interested" - no, "THRILLED" is more like it.
    Take your time and get it right my friend; it sounds fantastic!

I guess I'll have to check out "Napoleon:Art of War" - although I must admit I am very, very enamored of the "Napoleon Empire Realism" mod.

Thank you for your work on this. I have (as "ranknfile") posted on the TW forums that campaign mods for NTW would be what I most desire for these games; and "bless you boy" but you seem to be providing it!!!

Excellent!!! Carry on soldier.

Nice to see that your THRILLED then

And Napoleon: Art of War wont have the campaign side of the game for a while, but as you can see we have thought about it for quite a while now.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast