Thread: "Assist the Crusading Noble"

Default "Assist the Crusading Noble"

Hey folks. I've begun playing a Teutonic campaign. I'm beating the pulp out of Lithuania, so its going fairly well. The first [of three?] crusading nobles showed up, and I have a question. Provided I send him into battle, how many florins do I typically receive? Is it worth it to use the nobles? Are they dead weight? Should I let my Order Marshal continue conquering, so he's not robbed of glory?

And yes, I'm fully patched to 1.5.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: "Assist the Crusading Noble"

If memory serves me correctly, the nobles will pay you according to how many battles they win (And by what margin), and I do remember the pay being worth it. But it's been a very long while since I played the Teutonic campaign.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Hmm. Ok. Thanks. Next question, to you or anybody else then, what's the pay rate per battle? 1,000 florins a victory? Plus change for how difficult it was?

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/The_Teu...TW_Kingdoms%29

From the wiki:

The amount of money gained is affected by these factors= 500 Initial cash, 500 for any battle won, 1000 for any siege won, -750 if you lose a battle, -1500 if you lose a siege, -250 if its a draw, 2000 if you exterminate a city, 501 extra for the end (can anyone confirm?) . This is only in affect if Lithuania is still pagan!

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

Hmm, interesting. The first guy [Charles, the English Noble], I never used in battle. The only time I used him was when I had him take a Lithuanian village that had no garrison [IE no battle]. I had him sack the village. Several turns go by, he departs, and I'm rewarded 3,000 florins.

well, 2k for sacking/exterminating(guess the game thinks of them as the same, 500 initial cash and 500 at the end. makes sense

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Could be quite a different factor as well. Could be the game sees this as a won siege, giving you 1000 florins, another 1000 florins for the initial and end payments, and another 1000 florins for sacking a city. Sounds more logical to me that the game will see sacking as half the worth of exterminating and give you 1000 florins for it, instead of 2000 for exterminating.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

More money for exterminating the populace? Interesting. May try that, although getting a higher reward for decimating a populace seems odd, considering the player does mean having to nearly start from scratch with said city.

Quote Originally Posted by fierywokbar View Post
    although getting a higher reward for decimating a populace seems odd, considering the player does mean having to nearly start from scratch with said city.
    Baltic crusade, killing of pagans for lulz, that's how they rolled back in the days.

Oxode's Avatar Tiro
    Mississauga,Ontario,Canada,North America,Atmosphere,Earth,Milky Way Galaxy

I have a problem, my freezes everytime I'm in a middle of battle, with said "Crusading Noble".