Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KGCM 4.3 Teutonic Order Rework + More

Default KGCM 4.3 Teutonic Order Rework + More

The Teutonic Order Overhaul;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Start in Acre:
    ~The Order will begin the campaign holding only the Acre Region...This increases the realism and difficulty of playing with this faction
    Description:
    ~I've changed the faction description to historically accurate information about the Teutonic Order
    Units:
    ~All existing TO units are overhauled to match historically accurate names and when they became available...Livonian Brothers of the Sword (Sword Brethren), Knights of Christ (Christ Knights) and Livonian Auxiliaries aren't available until you begin fighting in the Baltic against Lithuania, If you choose to do so
    ~Removed Prussian Archers and Clergymen to make room for two new units
    ~Added the Dismounted Teutonic Knights and Teutonic Crossbowmen...Recruit-able from the Guild
    Scripts:
    ~Scripted yes/no event for accepting a request for help from Poland when the war against the Pagans begins, If you should choose to help you receive possession of Marienburg and a little money to help with your efforts
    ~Added the Poland-Lithuanian alliance as Historic event (fires when Lithuania converts to Catholicism)
    Leaders: ~ I've set the first two important Hochmeisters for the Order After them it will be up to you to either let it be randomly selected or use the privy seal to choose future leaders
    ~Also removed princesses and family tree is set to the Teutonic setting again...The order never selected leaders by bloodline, it was always elected. Although, you can still use the Privy Seal to determine who your future leaders will be (since the AI's selects them based on Authority)

Other Changes I've made;

• Rebels have more units at start, I gave them more starting florins and a larger kings purse so they will recruit and build more and I gave them an AI overhaul to hopefully make them more active in the game
    • Improve Bodyguard units: Bodyguards are now amongst one of the most elite units...as they should be
    • Added new trait: Patron Saint will be given to Characters who earn it...it's not easy to get but when you do you will love the rewards (gives a huge boost to a wide range of abilities)
    • Hospitaller and Templar Units will only be available from Guilds again...Antioch and Jerusalem will no longer be able to recruit them from any other building....Guild HQ's will be placed in Antioch and Jerusalem Capitals at start...Sergeants, Crossbowmen and Gunners are still exclusive to KoJ and PoA...
    • My own personal Kings Purse script has replaced the money scripts...Kings purse is based on the number of regions the faction holds....more regions = more money
    • Knightly Order Guilds recruiting is restructured...The lower the guild level the longer time between available units...Realistically there wasn't tens of thousands of any of the Order knights at any point in history so I drastically reduced how often they become available (Makes them that much more special to have too) so use them wisely.

All of my info on the Teutonic Orders history and units came from ( http://www.imperialteutonicorder.com/ )... Official Site of the Teutonic Order...

Work is completed and the download file is attached below...Questions and comments can be posted in this thread…

Installation… This sub-mod is bundled into a .rar archive…Remember to always make backups before installing.

First ~
    Extract the archive to your KGCM / data folder, Merge all folders and overwrite all files…Or you can extract to wherever you would like and copy & paste into KGCM / data folder

Second ~
    Open KGCM / data / world / maps / base folder and delete the map.rwm file

Third ~
    Start the Game and Enjoy

I want to give special thanks to the entire KGCM mod team for this awesome mod to work with and for openly allowing sub-mods to be created. I would also like to thank all the knowledgeable folks of TWC for their selfless service, dedication and for bestowing there wisdom upon thee when in need of guidance.

I would also like to take this time to inform those who are reading that this is not the final product as I plan to continue working toward a more accurate & interactive role-playing type campaign for the Teutonic Order…
    Last edited by valvegas1; February 07, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Default Re: KGCM 4.3 Teutonic Order Rework + More

Just a quick update on my progress...

• Dismounted Teutonic Knights are added (replacing Clergymen because I feel that they are kinda worthless and were the best candidate for replacement)...Finished (screenshots below)
    • All Bodyguard unit work...Finished
    • Patron Saint Trait...Finished (screenshots below)
    • Kings Purse Scripting....Finished
    • Rebel start strength work...Finished

Mod is about 30% completed....Estimated finish date is 1/15/2012

SCREENSHOTS....

Last edited by valvegas1; December 25, 2011 at 11:02 PM.

Work is completed...I'm gonna do some testing to make sure everything is good to go and set up the installer...

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

This sounds like some good work however taking Acre from KoJ is a bad move i feel and that starting in Marienburg is probably the best choice

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    This sounds like some good work however taking Acre from KoJ is a bad move i feel and that starting in Marienburg is probably the best choice
    I do agree with removing Acre from KoJ but my aim was for a more realistic experience with the Teutonic Order and since that is where they were established and it was at the same time the campaign starts it was the most realistic way...Also in testing I have realized that KoJ suffers significantly without Acre so I gave them Kerak to make up the difference and that seemed to really help....Also I have made some yes/no events to simulate when Hungary asked them to help against the Cumans and when Poland asked for help against the pagans...This was to give the player a choice to either follow the original path of the Order or to carve out a new path and rewrite history also....Thank you for your thoughts and comments I do appreciate it...

Testing has brought me to discover the need for a few minor tweaks...Final testing is underway and should soon be done and ready for release...probably looking at sometime this weekend...I have also decided that after release I am going to advance the work and begin developing a Role playing type campaign for the Teutonic Order that will have a ton of events throughout that will determine the fate of your faction...So all you TO fans out there be on the lookout for that next....

Sorry for the delay...The sub-mod beta version is ready and available in the first post of the thread...Any questions or comments are very welcomed and can be posted here...

Laetus

Much thanks valvegas1 for this mod - a dream come true. Can't wait to let the dismounted knighted come a knocking on bad guys' gates
    I wonder why there weren't more feedback and support? It is truly appreciated, being a history fan myself.

Take care...

thank you...I have fixed up the looks of the Dismounted Teutonic Knights if your interested...I'm still figuring out some of the skinning and modeling stuff but it's coming along nicely...Again thank you...

Laetus

No, Danke Schon to you (not German, but I think it's more than appropriate here), to bring this Order alive... ha, more than interested... No need to be apologetic about your work, us beggars can't be choosers, ehh? You put in the time, we get to enjoy the gift... and it's a fantastic piece of work, no flattery here...

Laetus

The Teutonic Order is my favorite faction, so I was glad to see them get some love here. The only thing that annoys me a little is the garrison script. I'm not really a fan of it in KGCM. Don't get me wrong though, I enjoyed this submod immensely. Very nice work!

Thank you for the kind words...I've been debating about what to do with the garrison script...Either reduce it to just capitols or just get rid of it all together...I'm still unsure...Glad you enjoyed the sub-mod though...

Iosias's Avatar Laetus

This mod sounded pretty interesting so I downloaded it last night. I really like the idea of having the Order start with Acre. It adds to realism and is intended to increase the difficulty a bit. However, I found playing as them to be fairly easy, which I will get to. Also, I was going to change the Order's family tree back to the Teutonic version, but was glad to see this mod took care of that.

As for the ease of play, I found that every faction began with an obscene amount of money. I began a Teutonic campaign starting with 60,000 florins. Some factions have a lot more. It just seems a bit easy to have so much money from the start.

Also, the king's purse script, although I believe it is a very good idea, makes it just a bit easier. I had only taken one settlement as the Order, bringing my grand total to two, and my king's purse was at 5,000 florins. That seemed like a bit much for only two settlements. Basically, money is a bit easy to come by.

Overall, I highly enjoyed this mod. I enjoyed every other aspect of it that I didn't mention. The two new units fit in nicely and I really liked the new scripts. All in all, a great mod. I'm still having fun with it!

The starting money was one of my worries too, but I also thought that since there is such a starting handicap for the Teutonic Order that it would help sustain them for 5-10 turns till they get a couple more regions under their control...But through all my testing i've noticed it was pretty easy as well so i am going to be making some changes to that with many other changes and additions as well...just not sure how much longer till I'm done with them all since I've been super busy lately...The way the kings purse script runs is, there is a set amount for regions held and its based on 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 25+....

Thank you for the feedback...I really do appreciate it...and it will help me to build a better sub-mod in the future

if i have the grandcampaign mod can i just install this file with it and it will work?In the posts i see a lot of changes still, do i need a new link for the download then or is the beta link in the first post updated?

by the way can anyone tell me how i can check what version i have? doesn't tell me in the game and if i look in the mod folder i can't seem to find it either

Installed it with the new method (one file install) then added this teutonic mod. All seemed to work fine since i can play the game as normally, but so far i always used automatic battles, now when i tried to fight them myself for the first time the whole interface at the bottom where you can see/select your units is white. no minimap, no units, no special abilities etc, just a white line that completely covers that area.

Also when you update your castles the next upgrade in knights i think is brotherhood...seems a bit useless to me since they're not as good as the ones you get from the start (dismounted ones), so even tho you're castle progresses the next units are not better.

Hi. Congratulations, great job on the Teutonic Order reworking. A quick question. I have played the TO in the KGCM mod and quite enjoyed the family tree. It seems to be missing in your reworking. Is this deliberate to better reflect the politics of the order? or have I messed up somewhere during the installation of your reworking? Everything else works great very stable.

Hi Valvegas 1. Please ignore my question posted earlier. Of course it was my mistake. I originally unpacked your reworking into the wrong folder when I copied and pasted into the right one I left the descr_sm_factions file behind. All good now. Thanks again for your hardwork.

Hi. This sounds really interesting, but it seems this overwrites the previously installed KGCM. Is there any way to install this separately, so that I can either launch standard KGCM, or this sub-mod?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast