Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEOS); includes muskets & artillery fire, troops screams facing artillery, muskets and melee weapons. Also noticeable in the campaign map.

Icon1 The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEOS); includes muskets & artillery fire, troops screams facing artillery, muskets and melee weapons. Also noticeable in the campaign map.

Hello & Welcome fellow gamers of NTW
    Today i'm proud to bring you a sound mod that will fulfill your expectations.

It's a combination of audio mini-mods:
    - Ultimate Soundmod V3 by LochKopf
    - Sgt_Melins NTW sound mod by sgt_melin
    - Diggy's Arty Sounds by ♔Dignan♔

Don't forget to credit these modders and their respective collaborators.

This mod is the result of weeks on testing sound mods available in twcenter, choosing the ones i like the most and editing them the best i could to leave them as close to perfection. I have made a few tweaks on each and replaced some of the sounds, it turned out to be my favorite sound mod ever.

What this compilation of mods plus my own modifications offer it's audible screams from troops being gunned down by artillery and musket fire, and also when being killed by the end of a bayonet, long sword, spear and sabre. My predilect musket & artillery firing sounds and a lot of other battle sounds.

Even in the campaign map itself you can hear the death scream of a soldier or general being killed; the animation that makes your soldier or general (which represents your army) plunge a sword into the stomach of an enemy's solider or general (which represents the enemy's army) and vice versa. Not to mention when two ships engage in battle on the campaign map seas previous the battle itself you can hear the incredible cannon fire sounds of the mod.

For a closest in-game experience, WATCH IN HD!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Permission of usage: this mod it is of free-use, you can use it as part of your mod. It is a matter of courtesy that you should ask FIRST before doing so, that way i can be sure you'll credit me accordingly.

The first attachment link it's in mod format so in order to install it you'll have to place in your data folder and activate with Mod Manager. Created originally for ETW by Matt Chambers aka LtChambers and updated for NTW by erasmus777. Alternatively you can copy-paste the exact words found within the following brackets [mod "X-Factor Sound Mod.pack";] in your user.script.txt. The second attachment link it's in patch format which will activate itself. So all you have to do it's place the mod in your data folder and that's that, you are ready to play.

Don't be like thieves in the night, don't just snatch & grab. Therefore share your thoughts on the mod, whether they are critics, praises, suggestions, bug reports and/or questions.

FEEDBACK WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

I hope you have a great time with it, if you do please don't forget to give me some +rep .

My thanks to:
    - All the people involved in the creation of the sound mods i based my own mod.
    - Obushnikov, mattebubben and Pdguru, for helping me out a bit in the process of making this mod by answering some questions i had.
    - Sacrebleu! for making me such fantastic mod signatures.

1st Link: http://www.linkbucks.com/B0TWP [Mod Format]
    2nd Link: http://linkshrink.net/7fXjNX [Patch Format]

Last edited by Ishiro; March 31, 2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Uploading preferable links

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod

Nicely done, sir! Most enjoyable...

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod

Rep
    Last edited by Yaropolk; January 04, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod; includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

+ Rep , sounds great! The cannon fire is great.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod; includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

At first I thought this was sounds from the "X Factor" show!!!!

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (nothing to do with the tv show!); includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

Yeah that name got stucked in my head but ironically i never liked the show at all.

@WilliVonBill; @Yaropolk; @The Lions Den: Thanks, enjoy in good health, and please don't forget to recommend it, spread the word so others might enjoy it as well.
    Last edited by Ishiro; August 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Cpt. Stables's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (nothing to do with the tv show!); includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

Is there any chance you could make a video showing off the death sounds? It sounds (no pun intended) very cool, but I do like to have a preview before I mes around with my mods. It tends to end up with me breaking something

Decanus

Icon7 Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEO); includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

Great idea and seems to be a brilliant mod. I just need a little help to make it work: What should i write in my user script? To be sincere i never uses Mod Manager, although i´ve got several mods working without problems (some of them i had to tweak in order to avoid crashes and bugs).
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by lordargento; January 12, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEO); includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

This is the best blend mix of sounds that really creates immersion to battles.
    Thanks to all the creators of the different mods (LochKopf, sgt_melin and ♔Dignan♔), and of course special thanks to Sgt´s Beaten Drum who have so carefully and tastefully combined all these mods.
    Last edited by lordargento; January 15, 2012 at 01:55 AM.

Cpt. Stables's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEO); includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing arty, muskets & melee weapons.

Well that's that. Downloading now!

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEO); includes muskets & artillery fire, also screams from troops facing artillery, muskets & melee weapons.

New video it's up; the third one from top to bottom, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    This is the best blend mix of sounds that really creates immersion to battles.
    Thanks to all the creators of the different mods (LochKopf, sgt_melin and ♔Dignan♔), and of course special thanks to Sgt´s Beaten Drum who have so carefully and tastefully combined all these mods.
    Glad you like it, and thank you so much for your kind words. Felt like being showered by roses after reading it.
    Last edited by Ishiro; August 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEOS); includes muskets & artillery fire, troops screams facing artillery, muskets and melee weapons. Also noticeable in the campaign map.

WOW that sounds great! Can you use this mod with the ALL IN ONE mod installed? Or would I have to uninstall that for this to work? Thanks.

Default Re: The fabulous X-Factor Sound Mod (VIDEOS); includes muskets & artillery fire, troops screams facing artillery, muskets and melee weapons. Also noticeable in the campaign map.

Don't have AiO mod installed myself. But you should be able to use both, since it's in a mod.pack format for what i have read in the OP of that mod's thread, the same as my mod. Just make sure to place it on top of AiO mod in the user.script to be loaded first by the game in order to overwrite the sound mods included in that mod. Let me know if it worked for you.
    Last edited by Ishiro; January 24, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Already done. I have spread the word of this great mod in the NER mod area.

Got this to work with AiO! Very good mod. Adds much realism to the soldiers, I almost feel mad sending them into the breech.

*bad* sending them into the breech...

Is it possible that the link is down?

Thanks for letting me know, i have now fixed the link, somehow depositfiles.com chose to delete my mod, maybe because of copyrights issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lions Den View Post
    Already done. I have spread the word of this great mod in the NER mod area.
    Much appreciated. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=517330

Quote Originally Posted by WarOfAges1776 View Post
    Got this to work with AiO! Very good mod. Adds much realism to the soldiers, I almost feel mad sending them into the breech.
    Good, see? i told you.
    Last edited by Ishiro; August 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Sendspace isn't working either old boy
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Nice vid! i like the diverse musketry sound - it also feel more brutal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast