Page 114 of 117 FirstFirst ... 146489104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2330

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

Hey, I was just reading what you are saying and I know, that you probably did it differently, but I have never had these problems. I installed the TATW in a way, that everyone does, but I didn't change any names of the folders. What I did was this:
    1st: Go to steam, right-click on Med 2 and go to properties
    2nd: Go to General and there click on set launch options
    3rd: Copy and paste this into the pop up and click ok --features.mod=mods/Third_Age_3
    4th: Launch the game and when you get the option, choose to play the base game. It will start the TATW mod or any sub mod, you are using.
    Hope this helped

again it loads up 3.2 fine, just cant join any multiplayer lobbies :/
    I'll uninstall everything and start again i guess

But you can see the lobbies, right? Hope reinstalling will help, I have no clue, what is wrong with it :/

Default Re: Modding Questions and Help Thread

Started playing M2TW recently, it's really a looong time since the release date, I know... but never too late.

A lot of people suggested me to try this mod, I'm fan of LOTR as well, so here I am. What's the latest version of the mod? I need previous versions (like when you install patches in order) or there's only one?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome, Sigur; remember, a TATW player is never late, nor is he early, he arrives exactly when he means to

TATW's latest version is v3.2.
    In the first post of this thread you find the instructions; install v3.0 part 1 and part 2, then the patch 3.2
    Also, do not forget the 'Essential Bug Fixes' linked there too, for a better experience

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hey Ngugi, thank you for your help, I'm currently downloading all files needed. 1.6 GB per part, it's pretty huge. Any new version in the future? I dunno if you're into the team, but maybe developers could merge the two parts into a single one, it'd be more handy.

No, there is no active team any longer; TATW isn't in development, has not been for about 4 years and we have no indication King Kong will return to revive it, as it is.

Well, the size would not be lesser because they were made one [the patch merely being 217MB], just one larger file to upload, so doubt anyone will ever bother doing so.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I see. When I used to play RTW mods, there was a difference between mods which modified original vanilla game files and mods which didn't. This difference is kept in M2TW as well? If so, TATW in which category falls?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    I see. When I used to play RTW mods, there was a difference between mods which modified original vanilla game files and mods which didn't. This difference is kept in M2TW as well? If so, TATW in which category falls?
    TATW falls into the last catagory
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I presume you're thinking of what's called "foldered mods"; TATW is one such mod, as atthias says, because it has a folder of it's own (in .../Medieval II Total War/mods) where all files TATW change are found, as well as all its new content, allowing the installation and use of other mods at the same time [but not at the same moment, naturally].

Is there the difference between castle and city the same as in M2TW? I mean, it's possible to convert a settlement from a city into a castle and viceversa?

Kesten pire's Avatar Foederatus

I don't know for Third Age 3.2 but in DaC you cannot do that.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Is there the difference between castle and city the same as in M2TW? I mean, it's possible to convert a settlement from a city into a castle and viceversa?
    In MOS you can also recruit almost all of your troops from cities, unlike in Medieval II, so that is probably the case in TATW vanilla as well. Cities do provide much more trade and other economic opportunities though, so in that sense it is pretty much the same.

Is there the difference between castle and city the same as in M2TW?
    Yup, in general, as Grey' says
    I mean, it's possible to convert a settlement from a city into a castle and viceversa?
    Nope

hello ... I download me the mod but it doesnt work . I have the
    medieval 2 for steam

Is there an alternate download link someone could point me to?

I can't seem to download TATW_3.0 Part 1 or Part 2 off ModDB. They download but fail at 100%. The patches download fine but the two larger files do not. Any ideas?
    My name is The First Triumvirate, killer of threads:
    Look on my threads, ye Mighty, and despair!

That's odd. Weekends the ModDB servers may be quite busy, but have not heard them to fail on the finishing line like that.
    Here's an alternative;
    Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/42mai6...0_Part1of2.exe
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ysbvy...0_Part2of2.exe

Very strange. I tried downloading it from mediafire. Didn't work. So i tried it on a different browser and that didn't work either.
    My name is The First Triumvirate, killer of threads:
    Look on my threads, ye Mighty, and despair!

Odd. Do you have an aggresive anti-virus program active that prevent it?