Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon: Fields of Glory (New Mod)

Default Napoleon: Fields of Glory (New Mod)

This mod is intended to create a realistic yet enjoyably Hollywood feel to Napoleon: Total War. In Napoleon: Fields Of Glory, there are a number of changes. From unit sizes and skins to AI. However certain aspects of the mod will be available as a add-on download rather than integrated into the modification.

These changes are:

Skins:
    All of the major nations have been re-skinned to realistic levels, so has the equipment.

AI
    Battle AI and Campaign AI have been modified, the AI are more aggressive and will react to your tactical maneuvers. Also the AI build more intelligently.

Upkeep
    Upkeep for all land units have been reduced in order to have battles occur more frequently in a campaign and on a larger scale.

Unit Sizes
    Unit sizes have been change to not necessarily realistic levels but manageable levels to increase the level of men on the field without affecting performance too greatly for the less advanced machines.

Balancing
    All units are balanced well with sizes. i.e British Line infantry have 277 men per regiment, this is because they are more accurate and reload skill is better than say their french counterpart who has 300 men per regiment.

Sound and Music
    There will be and optional add-on that will change the in-game music and marching music, there will be videos put up of this at a later date. Also i intend to change the voices and order commands suing voice actors and also the unused in-game voices.

Campaign
    There is a campaign ai mod integrated however at a later date I will release a mod that will extensively change the way the campaign plays, including Build priorities, availability due to date and more . . . keep watching.

Changes
    Unit Sizes and Balancing

As said before , the unit sizes have been changed. The generic size is 300 men per unit, however certain aspects are different as balancing play a vital role.
    e.g.
    British inf = 277men, greater accuracy and reload time.
    French inf = 300men, good accuracy and good reload time.
    Russian inf = 400men, lower accuracy and reasonable reload time

Cavalry also play a part in all of this:
    e.g.
    Dragoons and medium cav. = 160
    Heavy cavalry = 140
    Light cavalry = 180

This may not be historically correct but it sure makes it fun! Also cavalry is now a force to be feared as a cavalry charge now scares the bloody hell out of an infantry line ( some more than others) and in some cases they will run even before the cavalry get there!

Some factions are also more difficult to play as than another.
    E.g.
    Prussia = Hard - due to having less well trained infantry in the arts of musketry than the french.
    Russia = Harder - Although they have a good size army, their men lack experience and training.
    France = Medium - Pretty much self explanatory - (the french army were used as an average for everything.)
    Britain = Medium - although basic line infantry surpass anything else matched in the field, they have less men and their elite troops no way match the Old Guard of the french who strike fear into any enemy nearby!

You get the idea

Upkeep

Although the building cost so far are unchanged, the over upkeep for all land units have been dropped (in some cases by half!) This is simply to make the campaign battles occur more often. Although not historically correct (in some aspects) it makes it a more enjoyable experience when a campaign game has been played with this mod.

AI

Battle AI
    The battle AI has been fiddled with and changed a bit, the computer will now take initiative at times and will react to your moves (best played on Hard). They will use cavalry well and if there are any gaps in your line will sneak through them and flank you! However, the AI does insist at times in charging a square formation from time to time.

Infantry will march towards you drums hammering and face off with you, if they begin to lower your morale or numbers they will charge you in an attempt to mow you down.

Artillery will be deployed reasonably well, and seem to aim at your cavalry or best experienced troops.

General will no longer charge Infantry lines like an idiot! (unless all is lost)

Campaign AI
    AI is more aggressive and build with some form of intelligence. No longer will Napleon just concentrate in the east if you have taken land in the west! It is now near on impossible to hold onto Gibraltar if you play as the Brits! And unless you manage to land in France and take and hold some ground quickly, your allies will be slaughtered!

Spain and the Batavian Republic will now help the French and advance into Europe if they are not suppressed quickly and Spain may even try to conquer Britain! Prussia's armies struggle like hell to hold onto their territories but their economy is their greatest weapon!

Russia. . . hell just go NUTS! Hoorah!

A lot of changes have been made to ensure the best playability and enjoyment. Once released download and have a go!

Skins

Skins have been changed for all major factions. I am slowly but surely working on a mod to change all factions skins, including faces, skin tone etc (no longer will a Spaniard or Italian look like hes from Dorset!

However due to some amazing work on these forums not all of the work on certain factions skins is my own, so I am waiting for permission before i can release the skins.

Equipment skins have all been changed especially the muskets. Have you ever held, fired and played with a real musket? I have, and they are lovely, but one thing i realised is that the barrel is nice and shiny. So i have sorted it out; all barrels, bayonets and weaponry shines!

(all skins have been released as an add-on called
    Factions, page link in content box below)

Videos
    The pound of the drums

Addons

Napoleon: Fields of glory - The pound of the Drums (Add-on)

Drum cadence modification
    Click on image to go to Add-on page
    Napoleon: Fields of Glory - Factions (Add-on)

Faction skins and uniform modification
    Click on image to go to Add-on page.

Napoleon: Fields of Glory - Boots 'n' Bayonets (add-on)

Equipment skin modification. . .
    Coming Soon! Keep watching!

Pictures
    ARTWORK

Screen One

Screen Two

Screen Three

Screen Four

Screen Five

Screen Six

Screen Seven

Screen Eight

NEW Fields of Glory Version 2.0 Download Link NEW
    Download

Here it is, the download link for Version 2.0 with new changes to the AI behavior and balancing.
    This is still in late Beta stage so inform me of any bugs and I will try to fix them

The mod is best used with mod manager.

Just simply install the files you want into your: napoleon total war\data folder, and then select them in mod manager. The mod is best when all files are used but i have left them in individual packs so people can pick and choose.

These files are:

• FOG_v2.0 - the man pack file, this includes AI changes, unit sizes, and some small unit model changes and faction colour changes
    • FOG_screens - Loading screens
    • FOG_music - this includes the music for this mod, lots of classical music from the period.

https://rapidshare.com/files/4046882210/FOG_V2.zip

DOWNLOAD, HAVE FUN!
    and most important let me know of any bugs.

More screenshots and videos will come soon, in the mean time please show your interest on this page.

Thank you.

Last edited by honourthefallen; February 19, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: Napoleon: Fields of Glory (New Mod)

Sounds quite interesting... looking forward to it!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Interesting indeed.I welcome new blood to the NTW modding world.thank you for doing this and i look forward to trying it out

Some screens have been uploaded.

More information has been added and some artwork

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Sounds really interresting, hope you will release some of your work soon.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Nice looking mod mate +reps

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Looks good mate keep up the good work. The title says Beta, is it closed beta or open beta? if so i cant see a download link
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc04 View Post
    Looks good mate keep up the good work. The title says Beta, is it closed beta or open beta? if so i cant see a download link
    I guess its more WIP than Beta...

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Yes looks that way... Well i shall watch it none the less
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

Very nice beggining mate, I'm happy to see there are still new mods appearing for NTW. I wish you the best of luck!

yes this mod is in fact a WIP. That my fault for not putting the correct title on it! Sorry.
    Should be released in about a week.

Uploaded some new screens and artwork, video of marching music coming soon!

And thank you for the kind comments

uploaded video

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

And you are working mostly alone on this?My deepest compliments sir.

Icon7 Re: Napoleon: Fields of Glory (New Mod)

I am yes, I've had some help from mattebubben with some skins, and some help from a friend with historical accuracies (he does Napoleonic re-enactment)

and thank you very much Sir; it means a lot, at the minute i'm putting in quite a lot of time into this. . .

Beta download link now up, please let me know if there are any problems or bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by honourthefallen View Post
    Beta download link now up, please let me know if there are any problems or bugs.
    I'm getting a "Link Temporarily Not Available" error message at Megaupload.

i know, ive just checked up on it. i dont know whats going on . . . .

I'm keeping an eye on it and i've contacted them, lets see what happens . . . .
    Last edited by honourthefallen; December 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

i've been told it should be up in 20 mins to an hour . . .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast