Thread: Improved Cannonball Lethality + Scattershot & Explosive Bolt Ability

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Icon4 Improved Cannonball Lethality + Scattershot & Explosive Bolt Ability

Many had been... dissapointed by cannons... impotence at killing infantry. And then Many were outraged witnessing the Heavy Gunner's body piercing shots.

So why not making the cannonballs body_piercing?

I've also added a small concussion explosion effect when the cannonballs hit the ground, with some shrapnel added.

For V.2, I've added Accuracy Boost + Explosive Bolt; and Barrage + Scattershot Ability

THIS MOD IS DISCONTINUED
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; July 16, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Body Piercing, Increased Concussion Cannonballs

Great job. I'm going to try it out when i'm free.
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I don't think you need to change the name of the Projectile Explosion entry from cannon_blast to cannon_blast_land. You could have just changed the name of the entire table.

I also noticed your Concussive Blast Area was set to 1. The default value is 6. Was this a typo. And if not, whats the difference.

I put the Concussive Blast Area at the default value in case anyone who wanted more blast area.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 01, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

cannon_blast_land is a new kind of explosion i made.

I keep the concussion area low, since cannonball impact dont leave big craters. Its intentional.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; February 03, 2012 at 04:25 AM.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I would have left the Concussive Blast Area at 6. The explosion of the hole is the result of the force applied to the soil. Unless the soil is loose and not compacted, which wouldn't be ideal for a battlefield, the soil would explode upward. Anything in the vicinity would also get knocked up and back. I guarantee that if you stood within 6ft of a cannon ball blast you'd be knocked back 10ft. The concussive force able to do that would render you probably unconscious. That the power of energy being transferred from the cannon, to the ball, to the ground. You're choice though. I do love the body_piecing mod part though. Ingenious.

Oh, and you still need to fix the pack type. It's set on Release.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 01, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

I guess this is as good as any place to ask: Guys, what are you using in terms of "mod manager"? I use only a few mods by now (and plan to keep it that way), but I think they could be incompatible in a few ways.

How do I check? The mod manager I found does not show incompatibilities.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Improved Cannonball Lethality + Scattershot & Explosive Bolt Ability

Well, with FoTS just 2 months away, this mod would be soon irrelevant... at least you could use it for that time period... but think the modding possibilities of FoTS when it finally come!

Uh... GODzilla, i dont use any mod manager, so..., sorry...

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Improved Cannonball Lethality + Scattershot & Explosive Bolt Ability

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Well, with FoTS just 2 months away, this mod would be soon irrelevant... at least you could use it for that time period... but think the modding possibilities of FoTS when it finally come!

Uh... GODzilla, i dont use any mod manager, so..., sorry...
    Okay, no problem. ^^ Gonna ask in a new topic then. I think there must be some way to see whether mods are using the same files or not...
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Care for some pics?
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Sometimes the scattershot and explosive bolt don't work after I push the barrage or accuracy button or only a few cannons fire scatter or explosive. Is there a way you can make it so you turn scatter and explosive shot on or off so it will keep firing it.

can you add pictures?. please

I hadn't seen this before. I might be interested in porting this to FOTS, which still lacks powerful artillery IMO. I haven't messed with cannons much so far; why was it necessary to set up a new gun type?

Indefinitely Banned

This Mod is Discontinued. For FoTS Artillery, head to my other Mod.

Artillery variety is nice, but they still have poor ammo choices and lethality, in my opinion. Re-adding (though possibly rebalancing) the ammo types from Empire and Napoleon would add of flavor and make cannons more useful.