Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    And as i said in my previous post, those regiments are beautiful and working perfectly
    Great Maester, i must make a little question: do you only create french units, or is there any possibility of regiments from other nations?
    As always, thank you very much for you brilliant regiments.. iīm now waiting for the rest of the release!
    Thank you, kind sir.

I only do the French because that's who I always play - totally selfish, I know.

Decanus

Icon5 Re: Pdguru's Mods

What a pity, i was looking for only a last Prussian unit to finally got that faction compete, but the only version i found from it was not good. May be you can help me find it in other mods: the regiment is a guard one, the elite of the prussian cavalry called Garde zu Pferde, or Garde du Corps in french.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

What a pity, i was looking for only a last Prussian unit to finally got that faction compete, but the only version i found from it was not good. May be you can help me find it in other mods: the regiment is a guard one, the elite of the prussian cavalry called Garde zu Pferde, or Garde du Corps in french.
    Look here - right at the bottom. It's an early period version, at least. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...97#post7201697

Decanus

Thanks Great Maester, but that mod is exactly the one i found and have a kind of graphics great mistake. The troops of all of the regiments (including the cavalry regiments of course) have a kind of horrible "white horizontal line" at the heigh of the chest that make the units look horrible.
    Anyway, thanks once again for answering so promptly.

Ordoprinceps,
    I share the same interests in Marines units as you have (specially the Napoleonic Wars period).
    May i suggest you a couple of mods from this great forum that have marines units and which i use to create better immersion for the game:
    1) This mod provides you with a very accurate french marine unit (Rep and thank Iutland if you like it): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=360966&page=2
    2) These couple of mods provide the same unit, the famous Royal Marines. Both mods seem to be accurate (the soldiers or marines are perfect), but iīll make a more detailed research in order to find out if the musicians, standard-bearer and officer are wearing the correct uniforms:
    A- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=336939 (Rep an thank Swiss Halberdier if you like it)
    B- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351444 (Rep and thank General Cornwallis if you like it).
    Great Maester Pdguru:
    Hope you are right. We are always expecting new units and skins from you, and Ordoprinceps suggestion is really very interesting (perhaps this link to the Morskaya Pehota incentivates you to create this kind of units: http://www.russianpatches.com/milita...fo.php?gid=362 ).
    Tomorrow iīll be arriving at home and immediatly download the new great regiments you have released. Once again, thank you very but very much for creating the Croatian 2nd Provisional Regiment.
    Unless I looked it up wrong it appears that LME's Marines are part of a startpos file. I do nor wish to part with my current startpos file. Is there another way to get his Marine land units? I currently have the AUM Marines.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

No, LME has a lot of units and they are part of the mod's core files and a graphics pack. You would have to identify and extract the relevant files from LME and make a new pack.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Orrrr... just use this mod of mine which provides 16 of L'aigles original skins, one of which is the Marine/Sailor...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post8401401

Here's my rendition of Real de Guardia Walona
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 09, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Unless I looked it up wrong it appears that LME's Marines are part of a startpos file. I do nor wish to part with my current startpos file. Is there another way to get his Marine land units? I currently have the AUM Marines.
    Once i return home on Saturday iīll take a look in the mod and try to find out how to help you. But right now, can you tell me if the new ships and the new french marines unit appears on Custom Battles at least?

Decanus

Hi, hope you are right. Until Saturday try this: just install the " NS1.1.3.RAR" version. That one i think do not need any specific starpos. Iīm argentine and english is not my first language, but i think that you would need the Starpos if you want Iutlandīs historical fleets working and having a starting position, if not that will be not necessary (perhaps iīm commiting a mistake, please if it is so, correct me please).

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Orrrr... just use this mod of mine which provides 16 of L'aigles original skins, one of which is the Marine/Sailor...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post8401401

Here's my rendition of Real de Guardia Walona

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Final version with correct buttonholes (for troopers at least), epaulettes removed (only the NCOs and officers hd them) and piping on waistcoat, correct and totally new cuffs. Belts also thinner:

Last edited by Pdguru; February 10, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

Once i return home on Saturday iīll take a look in the mod and try to find out how to help you. But right now, can you tell me if the new ships and the new french marines unit appears on Custom Battles at least?
    Dear lordargento,
    It is very good of you to want to help thank you. Since what i found was a startpos I elected not to use it so I do not have it installed. I did install once duringthe time I was haveing all the issues I talked about in this string but do not recall details of its function.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Real de la Guarda Walona and Old Guard Greatcoats added to OP.

How about a few more of you 200+ buggers who have downloaded the packs so far give some feedback and maybe some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Real de la Guarda Walona and Old Guard Greatcoats added to OP.

How about a few more of you 200+ buggers who have downloaded the packs so far give some feedback and maybe some pictures?
    Cant understand people enjoying your work in their games and not taking a few seconds to give you feedback. Your work is outstanding Guru! I appreciate you so keep it up please.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

hi pdguru,
    i've downloaded your italian and croat unit, but beacause of some internet problems I first see them in action today and i must say, great job sir. I second Ordoprinceps telling you to keep it up with this high quality project.
    P.Micca
    Just one minor thing, for some reason the Italian and croatian units names don't show, that's weird, considering i don't use other mods except yours(and quad's bavarian helmet, but the problem isn't there)
    Last edited by pietromicca1677; February 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by pietromicca1677 View Post
    hi pdguru,
    i've downloaded your italian and croat unit, but beacause of some internet problems I first see them in action today and i must say, great job sir. I second Ordoprinceps telling you to keep it up with this high quality project.
    P.Micca
    Just one minor thing, for some reason the Italian and croatian units names don't show, that's weird, considering i don't use other mods except yours(and quad's bavarian helmet, but the problem isn't there)
    Thank you.

You have to add new units to your .loc file.

On another note, see OP for upciming revisions to my Euro Equipment Mod:
    1, New roll up color and completely new 'fur' knapsack skin for units that us the French-style pack, inclusing removal of the extra bg and strap - you can now see the backpack and they don't look like they are going hiking...
    2. New musket mechanism and shiner barrels (suggestion of Chosen Man Richard Sharpe)
    3. Revised ammo pouch (darkened)

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Dear lordargento,
    It is very good of you to want to help thank you. Since what i found was a startpos I elected not to use it so I do not have it installed. I did install once duringthe time I was haveing all the issues I talked about in this string but do not recall details of its function.
    Dear Ordoprinceps, hope you are right.
    I must tell you that once i arrived home i sat and started playing with the mod, and it is working perfectly without any Starpos. It was as i supposed, the Starpos is only needed if you want the fleets starting positions which Iutland created. For instance, i only have installed the " NS1.1.3.RAR" file. With just this file (i downloaded from Iutlandīs mod page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=360966&page=2) you can recruit the french Ouvriers de la Marine unit (i recuit it for example in Paris) and of course you can recruit several new named ships in the different docks of the french empire. This works perfectly without the Starpos. Try it and tell me if itīs working properly (the easier way to do so is to go to a naval battle and see if new ships with several names appear, or see in a land battle if the Ouvriers de la Marine can be choosen).

erm, to add the unit to my loc file (is in the data folder, right?) i've got to open it with PFM isn't it?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by pietromicca1677 View Post
    erm, to add the unit to my loc file (is in the data folder, right?) i've got to open it with PFM isn't it?
    I will post my own file in the opening post - it's based on the LME one, but has other bits and pieces I have added over time. It should work for you assuming you're not already using another one (you can only use one at a time).

Also, updated backpack images posted.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

COMING SOON...

New Muskets mechanisms and barrels (L'aigle Fusilier uniform)

Completely changed French backpacks, recolored roll-ups and ammo pouches - see first picture above and also the one below for close-up.

Great!!! Many thanks for your work and +rep Pdguru!

V.E.

EDIT: Will you give these units to darth for DMN?
    Last edited by VENNONETES; February 11, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG