Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Your campaign fusiliers are excellent, just like the regiments of the Grande Armée which fought in the Peninsular War.
    Regarding your answer to my previous post, i must confess i have all those units add on mods!!!!!!!!!(except for Līaigle mods). Since i created my own AOR, i could finally attach certain regiments to specific regions, thus making the game more funny and increasing immersion, and of course allowing me to see all the regiments i can recruit in a region, fact that before could never be done if you had had more than 50 regiments in a single region roster (the horrible old problem of not having a scroll bar that CA finally solved in Shogun).
    The bad thing is that none of them have the regiments i mentioned
    Let me see...
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 01, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Pdguru's Mods

hum..... iīm just waiting

Tired of TWC Arrogance

2nd Regiment Ottochaz (crimson facings and piping with "2" showing in new shako plate), varied cockade and jacket tone, and some with canvas shako covers. Yes, I know the cut of the jacket/waistcoat is not 100% but I wanted it different to the Italian unit, and it's what I can do you you at this time. I hope you like it.

Last edited by Pdguru; February 01, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Decanus

Maester, your unit is really excellent. The 2nd Regiment Ottochaz had the cut of the jacket/waistcoat in white (they wore white shirts or something of the sort nder the jacket i suppose) so itīs different to your italian (i think you are refering to the italian light infantry regiment), whose waiscoatīs cut shows a yellow shirt. If not, you can add the cut of the jacket\waistcoat and make it show a green shirt too (the 1st Provisional regiment wore this all dark green uniform, green jacket+ green shirt. This is accurate since this 1st Provisional was formed with troops from the Ottochaz Regiment an 1st Croatian Regiment).
    Last edited by lordargento; February 02, 2012 at 12:01 AM.

Wonderful units Pdguru! Congrats... though, i've arrived late to DL Neufchatl bataillon, i'll wait for another release, anyway great job

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Lordargento - It's not about the colors but that the French skin with the waistcoat has long coat tails and I wanted to use the correct coat tail length (and not have a unit just like my Italians). To add a waistcoat (white in this case) I would have to change all three files (color, texture and gloss). It's possible of course, but it's a matter of time - compared to using what we have already. I'll see what I can at some later point, then.

Pietromicca - Thank you. I'll get the Neufchatel back up shortly.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 02, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Pdguru's Mods

I finally understand what you mean... well, letīs wait till the final version. Iīll give you your Rep once the system stops telling me to sread to others Reps too...
    Last edited by lordargento; February 02, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

PDG,
    This is fabulous work! I currently have your flag mods loaded with Emperor Bataman999 Militia and Foriegn Legion mods and the aum_nap_mod (units); would there be a conflict if I loaded these mods on top of them?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    PDG,
    This is fabulous work! I currently have your flag mods loaded with Emperor Bataman999 Militia and Foriegn Legion mods and the aum_nap_mod (units); would there be a conflict if I loaded these mods on top of them?
    Thank you.

These mods will not affect the flags.

These versions of my mods are skins only - they change the basic unit (or that of a mod which uses the original unit IDs such as Darthmod) to my skin. So, if Emperor Batman999's mods also use the core unit ID name, then if you want mine instead, load my mods above his in the user.script. If Batman's mods are wholly NEW units, then you'll get his units and mine. Clear as mud, LOL?

PS: When I issue the other units that are NEW ones, then they will appear as additonal units as I have given them their own IDs (sand stats etc).
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 02, 2012 at 01:42 PM.

PDG,
    Thanks for your quick reply. The great thing about this site is there is such a huge variety of available mods and it is also kind of stressful thing about this site. Who has the time to investigate them all?
    Your explanation actually is very clear thank you very much.
    Emperor Batman 999 has created a number of new unit mods, some unlocks and some skins. I like his militia fix mod because it turned the really boring vanilla militia units into much cooler looking units so I guess you modelers call that new skins. That also unlocked the French National Guard units that were available in the Italian campaign and made them available all over the map.
    His foreign Legion mods I believe were intended to add new foreign units to each of the countries to try and approximate historical accuracy of the time. Example, Napoleon's army had within it Irish Legion units and a Bavarian corps. In fact he added so many foreign units that it is a bit of a challenge getting through the huge stack of unit cards in the queue.
    I use the aum-nap_mod as well because it adds French Mariners (Marines) and since I was a Marine myself I do not feel complete unless I have some units in my campaign.
    I will try your new skins because they look very cool and I will let you know if there are any conflicts but from your explanation is unlikely that there will be.
    Thanks for your work!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    I didn't get much of a response to my "Campaign" fusiliers (a unit with varied uniform kit and colors and canvas shako cover with painted regimental numbers etc - except from my old friend Chevalier) but I thought I'd release it here for those who want it. It's in the OP and will replace core French Fusilier units. For me, it gives a nice variation to the basic French Army unit which, I believe, must have been the case in the field. They are pictured below, and also in the OP header.

I know I am wasting my breath here, but "feedback appreciated".
    No disrespect Pdugru, but aren't these my Fusiliers from the Napoleon: Fields of glory mod. My mod features different types of tunics and shako covers. And surprisingly the covers your are using use the exact same texture as my mod?

not happy. as i received no private message asking for permission to use these skins.

Have a look at this link.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10843564
    Last edited by honourthefallen; February 02, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Napoleon: Fields of Glory mod link below. . .
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=499906

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by honourthefallen View Post
    No disrespect Pdugru, but aren't these my Fusiliers from the Napoleon: Fields of glory mod. My mod features different types of tunics and shako covers. And surprisingly the covers your are using use the exact same texture as my mod?

not happy. as i received no private message asking for permission to use these skins.

Have a look at this link.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=10843564#post10843564
    My dear chap, please get your facts straight before you make public accusations. These skins are completely different, from pants to jackets to shoulder straps to shako covers with painted regiment "88". The only other material in them may be from my esteemed friend L'aigle's early work, for which I obtained clearance long ago.

A cursory glance at the OP Header and pictures, let alone a modder's look at the dds files, would have avoided your mistake: Jacket cut, collars, jacket colors/texturing, belts, 3 different shako covers (no bearskins!) are totally, totally different.

Your skin:

My Skin:

An apology would be appreciated.

PS: Ironic that your skin illustrations use my equipment mod...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Pdguru; February 02, 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Decanus

Icon14 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Iīve just left the deserved Rep! Thanks for helping the game become better with your exquisite regiments (special thanks for the Ottochaz Regiment).

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Iīve just left the deserved Rep! Thanks for helping the game become better with your exquisite regiments (special thanks for the Ottochaz Regiment).
    This is what I can do for you at this time - revised jacket, open at front with new buttoned waistcoat colors and textures, also improved button textures...

Detail of jacket backs...

Last edited by Pdguru; February 02, 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Decanus

Icon10 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Great Maester, this regiment is almost perfect now... thereīs just one little thing to add that will make of this unit a perfect one: the link for the download
    Speaking seriously, the level of accuracy (i do not know if this word is correct for what i want to say) and detail achived by yourself are really astonishing. Itīs a great pleasure to see your regiments in open combat (their beauty make me want to create a mod only to have regiments on parade... just marching showing their marvelous outfits).
    Hope you keep on the hard work with the same level of quality and commitment.
    Thank you very much Great Maester!
    Last edited by lordargento; February 03, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Great Maester, this regiment is almost perfect now... thereīs just one little thing to add that will make of this unit a perfect one: the link for the download
    Speaking seriously, the level of accuracy (i do not know if this word is correct for what i want to say) and detail achived by yourself are really astonishing. Itīs a great pleasure to see your regiments in open combat (their beauty make me want to create a mod only to have regiments on parade... just marching showing their marvelous outfits).
    Hope you keep on the hard work with the same level of quality and commitment.
    Thank you very much Great Maester!
    Ah, parades... I had one of those a year or so ago - dug up the shots for you here. Does not show all my subsequently done units (can't remember who's they are in the images, but most likely L'aigles) but a parade for sure!

A couple of the images from my collection at the link under my signature below
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 03, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

PDG,
    You asked for feedback about your work. I am not a modder so I will apologize in advance because my observations may be wrong.
    First, your artwork is excellent! The units in the field look really great.
    Second, the unit cards in my opinion do not look good. Although we all enjoy accurate and well rendered units in the field during a battle the fact is that we spend most of our time looking at unit cards not units in battle. Personally I would prefer if you would have left the unit cards as they were and have them in accurate vs. your new skins rather than to look at the new ones that you created. I do not know how these things are done I would imagine that it must be pretty tough work to try and render new artwork on the unit cards so tiny.
    Also, I have been adding mods for some time and only a few of them have caused conflicts and crashing. When I uncheck them in mod manager however the game goes on without a glitch.

For some reason, when I added these latest mods from you, every time I went into a battle the progress bar got stuck about 75% in and simply pulsated. I can hear the weather sounds in the background but the visual was stuck. I certainly may be wrong since I am not a modder, but two other modders told me that when you change the artwork on unit cards that it often causes crashes.
    One user made the comment that he had to uninstall and reinstall NTW 15 times before it got it working again after he had loaded a mod where the unit cards had been changed. That was probably an exaggeration and I do not know this individual personally. All I know is that I had to uninstall and reinstall NTW three times removing all the mods and then putting them back one at a time before I could get it to work in a battle again. The only other thing I had done was I added whiff of smoke 3.1. I have used whiff of smoke 4.0 without glitches for weeks but the amount of dust in that mod is so overwhelming that you cannot see the units during battle and the same level of dust kicks up during torrential rain as well as snow, which is certainly not realistic.

So I took out WS 04 and replaced it with WS 03 .1 (no dust) on a clean install. Perhaps that is the issue and not your mods I do not know. I have now reinstalled your flag mods that work well and your dumbing down the rebels mod and it went into battle just fine along with the other mods that I had previously used successfully for some time. I have not reinstalled these new units you have on this page because I do not have the time to go through the whole crash and reinstall process right now. Again it may not be your units and I am going to give you rep for the quality of your artwork and your creativity on these units. If you have any thoughts as to what went wrong after I made these download changes please contact me when you can.
    Once again thanks for your work you are a true modding machine.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

PDG,
    I recenlty gave you rep but did not sign my signature and the system won't allow me to rep you again so soon sorry.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Default Re: Pdguru's French Units

PDG,
    Will number 13 (experience mod) work if I do not have all your unit mods? Also would there be any known conflcit with radious experience mod that lest the French earn experience faster?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

ordoprinceps,

Mmmm. I have not had the problem you are describing, nor had the same feedback from others. I know that if I have a lot of mods loaded, the load bar can take a very long time, and have a long pause in the last part of the load bar. But it eventually loads. I am not aware of unit cards being a specific cause of crashes or complete file corruptions requiring reloading the game. Cannot imagine how that could possible happen by swapping .tga image files. Perhaps if some modder didn't compress the icon file and used a huge file image it might be a problem, but that's news to me.

I'd be surprised if my skin-only mods could cause such an issue - and certainly that they could require a complete reload of the game. Reloads are usually caused by modding the core files which these skin mod packs don't. I can only suggest that you return your data folder to vanilla only, and then add in ONLY my mods, and a user.script just for them, and see if that causes the problem, and then you'll know.

At this time I am using the above packs and many others and having no issues. I hope you can get it working, too! Thanks for the compliments etc and special thanks for taking time to give me feedback (even if it's not so good, lol).

Perhaps if anyone else has this problem, they could let me know.

With regards getting back to the core unit cards, I am not sure if it'll work but try deleting the "ui" folder in the mod pack. If that does not work, then replace the icon .tga with the original one.

Regarding the 13th mod, it's a startpos mod that changed only the units in the field at the start of the core campaign, so it it is independent of my mods. New units will be available for recruitment and base skins and unit cards should use my above mods - if you have them loaded. Not sure about interaction with radius' mod.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 03, 2012 at 11:44 AM.