Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's Mods

Closed.

Decanus

Icon6 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Oh my God... i arrived too late to download your awesome units (i was really busy with the insane mission of modifying alone the AOR of all the european campaign)... what a pity. I should have downloaded it nevertheless i had no time to test the new units (i was already thinking from which region i was going to recruit the Colonial Regiment, and dreaming to add the Paris Regiment to that city with the appropriate AOR).
    Is there any good soul that can send me the files (by private mail of course since this mod is closed)???.
    I´ll be forever grateful.
    Thank you in advance, and thanks to Pdguru for being such a great modder.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Why closed? Was it just some kind of beta, and now you add these units in some mod?
    If its so, please tell me name of it
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    Why closed? Was it just some kind of beta, and now you add these units in some mod?
    If its so, please tell me name of it
    Opening posts now live again with new info and new units illustrated.

Decanus

Icon5 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Great Maester, it´s s good to know you have returned with a couple of new units. I have a little question: Why the head bandages of some soldiers from the Neufchatel Battalion and from the Chasseur de la Réunion are in a shinning green?. Can this be solved?. I have seen the Atlas file (with the aid of great Pack File Manager) of these units and indeed one of the heads comes with the green bandage, thus causing some of the in game units of each mentioned regiments have that strange colour in their bandages (the green bandages can be seen in the image you posted from the Neufchatel Battalion).
    Hope to read you soon, many many thanks!
    Last edited by lordargento; January 23, 2012 at 07:19 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Great Maester, it´s s good to know you have returned with a couple of new units. I have a little question: Why the head bandages of some soldiers from the Neufchatel Battalion and from the Chasseur de la Réunion are in a shinning green?. Can this be solved?. I have seen the Atlas file (with the aid of great Pack File Manager) of these units and indeed one of the heads comes with the green bandage, thus causing some of the in game units of each mentioned regiments have that strange colour in their bandages (the green bandages can be seen in the image you posted from the Neufchatel Battalion).
    Hope to read you soon, many many thanks!
    Wassup? You got something against green? Just struck me that field "bandages" were probably not nice clean bits of linen, but likely bits of material torn off other things... and opted for a piece of green material. Or it could be puss, LOL. No plans to change and re-issue units with revised bandage at this time, but feel free to change the atlas file directly.
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 23, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Decanus

Icon10 Re: Pdguru's Mods

That´s really a disgusting infection with radioactive pus... poor soldiers!
    I´ll try to modify that little detail. Thanks for your answer.
    But... the most important thing is ... WHERE´S THE LINK?!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

That´s really a disgusting infection with radioactive pus... poor soldiers!
    I´ll try to modify that little detail. Thanks for your answer.
    But... the most important thing is ... WHERE´S THE LINK?!
    Radioactive, .

The link will be up at a later time. I am having to redo the files a tad and finishing the new skins. All in good time - glad you're looking forward to them.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Updates Old Guard Grenadiers illustrated.

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Pdguru's Mods

We, proud an brave Argentine People are ready, release the beast!
    Your Grenadiers de la Garde are really excellent.
    Hope to see more units ready for the release soon..
    And as always, thanks for the effort and commitment.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

We, proud an brave Argentine People are ready, release the beast!
    Your Grenadiers de la Garde are really excellent.
    Hope to see more units ready for the release soon..
    And as always, thanks for the effort and commitment.
    Patience is a virtue... here are the icon and info images. I will release a pack which will change the core game (vanilla) OG unit to this one. If you are using a mod which uses a diffeent unit I.D. (such as LME) then it will not work (unless you change the units in the uniform table of my mod to the one you are using).

Last edited by Pdguru; January 29, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Pdguru's Mods

I understood, but there´s no major problems, since the only mods i use are for visual and sound effects, and several add on units mods (AUM-NAP\Georider Add On\Foreign Legions Mod\Ottoman Units and Spawning Agents\Sacrebleu´s Add on Units for different factions, and of course you own creations).
    I do not use any compilation, overhaul or grand modification (since i´m trying to make my own one).
    Last edited by lordargento; January 29, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

OG skins now in OP.
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 29, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Decanus

I was answering to your last post, and suddenly... the link to this fantastic unit reskin appeared!
    But.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH.... i´m at my girlfriends house right now, and i do not have my Napoleon installed here. Thanks God tomorrow i´m back home (the good thing is that she doesnt understand english and she can´t read this... if not she would never understand my love for Napoleon and his Grenadiers ).
    Thank you, tomorrow i´ll leave the feedback and the deserved Rep, if this core modification works well.
    Last edited by lordargento; January 29, 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Decanus

Icon10 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Maester, your Grenadiers are charming...
    + Rep of course!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

And for your good wishes, I post a second file which adds to the OG - for those who would like my version of the French Chasseurs, sporting new coats, pants, shako plates, chinstraps down, textured backpack straps and horns on the collars:

The first combo pack posted was missing the info card picture - current one has it OK.

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Decanus

Exquisite!
    Is there any possibility of new Foreign units (like the italian ones) being created... like Hussards Croates, Chasseurs d´Illyrie, or perhaps a line Croat regiment (for instance: régiment Lika, régiment Ottoschatz or régiment du Banat)??????????????????????????????????????????.
    Just wondering....

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Exquisite!
    Is there any possibility of new Foreign units (like the italian ones) being created... like Hussards Croates, Chasseurs d´Illyrie, or perhaps a line Croat regiment (for instance: régiment Lika, régiment Ottoschatz or régiment du Banat)??????????????????????????????????????????.
    Just wondering....
    Glad you like them. Thank you for the feedback (there often seem so little of it!).

There are many special units available here on TWC these days - by the master skinning magician L'aigle, a huge foreign units selection from Emperor Batman, great work by AClockworkOrange and the mighty AUM from Swiss Halberdier.... to name but a few. I am sure you can find what you need there. I'm just an amatuer who makes versions of a few units that 'take my fancy'.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I didn't get much of a response to my "Campaign" fusiliers (a unit with varied uniform kit and colors and canvas shako cover with painted regimental numbers etc - except from my old friend Chevalier) but I thought I'd release it here for those who want it. It's in the OP and will replace core French Fusilier units. For me, it gives a nice variation to the basic French Army unit which, I believe, must have been the case in the field. They are pictured below, and also in the OP header.

I know I am wasting my breath here, but "feedback appreciated".

Decanus

Your campaign fusiliers are excellent, just like the regiments of the Grande Armée which fought in the Peninsular War.
    Regarding your answer to my previous post, i must confess i have all those units add on mods!!!!!!!!!(except for L´aigle mods). Since i created my own AOR, i could finally attach certain regiments to specific regions, thus making the game more funny and increasing immersion, and of course allowing me to see all the regiments i can recruit in a region, fact that before could never be done if you had had more than 50 regiments in a single region roster (the horrible old problem of not having a scroll bar that CA finally solved in Shogun).
    The bad thing is that none of them have the regiments i mentioned