Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions" [Note: All versions available again!]

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod: "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!" [open-source-mod]

It would change the vanilla file, so if you tried to play regular Rome, the unit descriptions would probably be blank. It would not however affect the playability of any of the bigger mods.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Biarchus

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod: "Optimize your tactical and strategical decisions in EB 1.2!" [open-source-mod]

Thanks.

Now I understand a little more...

+Rep

Thanks for your nice work!
    Is there a version for ALEXANDER EB?

Quote Originally Posted by shenmea View Post
    Thanks for your nice work!
    Is there a version for ALEXANDER EB?
    No - at least I didn't make one (but anyone that want's to do so, is free to steal my idea and any of my files!).

The ExUIM is made for Europa Barbarorum 1.2. As Alexander EB uses other unit stats, it won't work with ALX EB. ALX EB won't crash, but you will get false or no extended unit infos - i.e.: the infos of Europa Barbarorum 1.2 units or non at all.

Default Re: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions"

Hey, lurker here. I've used exuim successfully in the past with eb 1.2, but I'm currently trying to get it to work with a fresh install of eb 1.2 + jiryisys mega mod, without success.

The instructions describe an Eu-only or standard zip download. However, the only availablle download provided now in the first post is a .txt file (no zips) and I am not able to make this work. I've tried to save it over every possible file, but when I play eb I don't have the extended unit info.

Please help. The game sucks without the extended info.

PS, why hasn't jirysis just included this awesome mod as standard in his mega mod?

Default Re: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions"

Bump. Can anyone help me here? Not had any response to a PM to the OP, and can't get that text file to do the trick!

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

did you rename the file to just "export_units.txt", then copy it into yout eb/data/text folder and click yes to overwrite, if you did not overwrite it you did something wrong.

edit: here use this instead, if your using jirisys megamod you might need this it has the N&N legions added to it. export_units just extract into your text folder and overwrite
    Last edited by DeathtoEgo; May 20, 2015 at 12:05 AM.

Icon10 Re: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions"

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post
    did you rename the file to just "export_units.txt", then copy it into yout eb/data/text folder and click yes to overwrite, if you did not overwrite it you did something wrong.

edit: here use this instead, if your using jirisys megamod you might need this it has the N&N legions added to it. export_units just extract into your text folder and overwrite
    That worked - thanks! I can now close the millions of heimstatt.net tabs I have open and just read the unit stats in the game. Thanks!

By the way, would you happen to know how I can get a version of this mod with the unit stat modifications available in the "Standard" mod, outlined in the OP's first mod? I was using that, but it got blatted when I did a reinstall and now the download is not there. It's the one with the separate SP/MP (single-player and multiplayer) files, and it corrects the weaponry of a few units.

Thanks again

here's the "standard" one. If your using jirisys megamod for alex you'll have to copy the named and numbered legions entries from the previous one I posted, just copy and paste them to the bottom of the "standard" SP one, they're at the end of the file. ExUIM_standard

Hi everyone, I have been looking through the thread for the download link for ExUIM only zip file but i cant see it anywhere. In the attached files part there's only 1 file, and that's not a zip file but a txt file, what am i supposed to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by quangtinh View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been looking through the thread for the download link for ExUIM only zip file but i cant see it anywhere. In the attached files part there's only 1 file, and that's not a zip file but a txt file, what am i supposed to do now?
    Are you using jirisys megamod or no? if yes 3 posts up, if no one post up

no i'm not using that megamod, i've just installed EB1 and i enjoy it very much, and which download link should i take now?
    as i can see from the sample photos, the ExUIMonly shows the lethality while the ExStandard doesn't, is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by quangtinh View Post
    no i'm not using that megamod, i've just installed EB1 and i enjoy it very much, and which download link should i take now?
    as i can see from the sample photos, the ExUIMonly shows the lethality while the ExStandard doesn't, is it true?
    And I prefer the version with the lethality and AP shown, could you please upload it for me? thanks for help!

Hi there, folks! Sorry for not being around earlier!

First: I've lost all my EB1 files incl. all ExUIM files, because I was an idiot for not doing a double backup. I reinstalled Windows deleting my entire harddrive, as I do every second year. And when I wanted to reinstall EB1, I discoverd that my external HD, where I stored all my mod-files incl. all EB1 stuff, was totally broken. So everything is gone! *cry*

@DeathtoEgo: Thanks for reuploading ExUIM-standard v1.1! You saved my EB1-life, +rep! I've already reuploaded the zip and included an alternative link to the files in the OP.

@quangthinh: The ExUIM-EUonly v1.1 with lethality and AP shown is sadly lost for the time being. All you can do atm, is use the ExUIM-standard v1.1 and memorize the AP-ability and lethality of the weapon classes as shown in the manual (= ExUIM-standard v1.1_Manual.pdf), that is included in the ExUIM-standard v1.1 zip-file. You can of course also use a second screen with the pdf opened or print out the doc-version of the manual, which is also included in the ExUIM-standard v1.1 zip-file.

EDIT: All files are now available again and ready to be downloaded in the OP!
    A request to all - !!! IMPORTANT !!!:

IF ANYONE HAS THE ExUIM-EUonly v1.1 FILE, PLEASE REUPLOAD IT HERE OR POST A LINK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT. AND/OR PM ME! THANKS!

Regards! And sorry for the trouble.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; July 18, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions" [IMPORTANT! - pls @ALL: upload ExUIM-EUonly v1.1 - it's lost atm!]

====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

Default Re: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions" [Note: All versions available again!]

Your a lifesaver, Ryoga84! Many, many thanks - +rep!

ALL FILES ARE NOW AVAILABLE AGIAN!

- ExUIM standard v1.1
    - ExUIM EUonly v1.1
    - ExUIM-standard v1.1_MP_Jirisys-version-1.0_with-all-in-game-names

All are ready to be downloaded in the OP - in the 'Download' section.

Regards!
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; July 18, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Default Re: [ExUIM] Extended Unit Info Mod - "More unit stats, better decisions" [Note: All versions available again!]

a big thank to all you guys!

After my troubles uploading new attachments are now finally sorted out, I've reuploaded all ExUIM-files as downloadable attachments (as it used to be, before they somehow got deleted due to some TWC-bug). I'm leaving the links to the 'alternative downloads links' in place... better safe than sorry, right?!

Regards!

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

Thanks for this wonderful submod! I love it!

Hey does anyone know if there's a version of ExUIM that works with EB 1.21a with Jirisys' RTW EB Alex Mega Mod Pack (which includes the Phalanx Mod Reduplication)? I can't seem to find an EDU anywhere on these forums that includes the changes to the hoplite unit stats like the lower spear lethality.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234