Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total relism vs Tom Cruise either bible vs atheism or does isiah 11.7 disprove the bible

Default Re: Total relism vs Tom Cruise either bible vs atheism or does isiah 11.7 disprove the bible

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Read above i gave it to you 3times.And you still have not looked at the video this is strange why be afraid of it
    I will no longer respond untill you give me what I ask for evidence. I was saying you ignored all 12 of my objections to you meanwhile I responded to all of yours.

i Dont run away i have more copy paste for you

as I said you use this tactic over and over here and other thread you run from topic with copy paste of other subjects.

Surely you have to at least see the video to say it is baseless??Why does what you think happened mean more than a expert with more brains than you and i
    2 things it comes from you no offense and it will just deal with a unobserved hopeful thery, that and you know there is nothing here as you wont present the evidence..

This is funny then you copy paste yourself lolz.
    ?

I have proven your god is not needed to make a univerce and no god existed to make the univerce and i have proven the bible is not 100%correct on everything it says.I have also shown Dinosaurs were not around when Noah was alive so all Total Realisms responces and dodges have lost him the debate. Do you yield TR or do you have clear evidence that a god or deity made the univerce and that dinosaurs were around with man or that Noah could have put a dino egg on his magic boat???Can you prove god exists without copy paste???

I sound like doubting Thomas wanting to put my hands in Jesus wounds but i have scientific evidence that these myths of dinosaurs and Noah and the earth being millions of yrs old and that we do not need a deity or rhino god to make the univerce.I have facts and science TR has copypaste from a creationist website.
    Who are we to believe.

Link. The National Geographic wonderfull reading on our history

Mother of man - 3.2 million years ago

One fossil discovery above all has transformed views of how we became human. But who was Lucy, and why is she so important to human evolution?
    Lucy was discovered in 1974 by anthropologist Professor Donald Johanson and his student Tom Gray in a maze of ravines at Hadar in northern Ethiopia.
    Johanson and Gray were out searching the scorched terrain for animal bones in the sand, ash and silt when they spotted a tiny fragment of arm bone.
    Johanson and Gray named their fossil skeleton Lucy, after the Beatles song 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'. Lucy may have looked something like this.
    Discovery of a lifetime

Johanson immediately recognised it as belonging to a hominid. As they looked up the slope, they saw more bone fragments: ribs, vertebrae, thighbones and a partial jawbone.
    They eventually unearthed 47 bones of a skeleton - nearly 40% of a hominid, or humanlike creature, that lived around 3.2 million years ago. Based on its small size, and pelvic shape, they concluded it was female and named it 'Lucy' after 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds', the Beatles song playing on the radio when Johanson and his team were celebrating the discovery back at camp.
    An upright chimp

Like a chimpanzee, Lucy had a small brain, long, dangly arms, short legs and a cone-shaped thorax with a large belly. But the structure of her knee and pelvis show that she routinely walked upright on two legs, like us.
    This form of locomotion, known as 'bipedalism', is the single most important difference between humans and apes, placing Lucy firmly within the human family.
    "Bipedalism is the most distinctive, apparently earliest, defining characteristic of humans," says Johanson, now director of the Institute of Human Origins at Arizona State University.
    Admired from Afar

Johanson named Lucy's species Australopithecus afarensis, which means 'southern ape of Afar', after the Ethiopian region where Hadar is located.
    3.5 million years ago, Australopithecus afarensis foraged for fruit, nuts and seeds in a mixture of savannah and woodland. It may also have obtained animal protein from termites or birds' eggs.
    In 1975, Michael Bush, one of Johanson's students, found the remains of more than 13 afarensis individuals buried together following a natural disaster - possibly a flash flood. The find yielded vital information about afarensis' social organisation.
    "It is clearly a mixed sample of young and old, large and small - meaning several females and several males. It looks very much like the composition of afarensis groups was like what we see in chimpanzees," Johanson explains.
    Walking on two legs was one of the earliest defining characteristics of humans.
    Standing tall

While Lucy undoubtedly walked upright, some scientists, such as Randall Susman of Stony Brook University in New York, doubt that she walked with straight legs like humans. Instead, they argue, she kept her hip and knees bent, like chimps do when they walk upright. Chimps usually walk on all fours, but occasionally walk upright for short periods of time.
    Professor Robin Crompton of Liverpool University has used computer modelling to reconstruct how Lucy walked based on the proportions of her skeleton. He assumed that Lucy could either have walked upright with a bent hip and knees like a chimp, or with straight legs like a human.
    Forest origin

Crompton found it was mechanically effective for Lucy to walk like a human. But there was an even closer match between Lucy's proportions and a type of bipedalism shown by orangutans. This single finding could illuminate how our ancestors first started walking upright.
    Orangutans live 20-40 metres above ground in the forests of Indonesia. They spend most of their time in an upright position, but suspend themselves from branches with their long arms.
    However, orangutans sometimes walk on branches without aid, raising their arms for balance. Orangutans are not as closely related to humans as chimps. But this behaviour was recently observed in wild chimpanzees living in dense forest, suggesting it could be an ancestral trait common to all great apes.
    Chimp cousins

Chimpanzees are our closest relatives. Genetic studies show humans and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor that lived in the African rainforest 7-8 million years ago. The descendants of this common ancestor split into two lineages - one that led to chimps and another that led to us.
    It is thought that the human lineage developed routine bipedalism as a strategy for living on the ground when climate change decimated the forest, leaving wide belts of open terrain with no trees.
    Crompton believes the forest canopy bipedalism shown by orangutans provided the kick-start for routine bipedalism when our ancestors came down from the trees and began living on the ground.
    Hit the ground walking

"This behaviour is a good place to start in terms of what pre-adapted the hominid body, particularly the hip joint and knee joint, for the adoption of habitual (routine) bipedalism," Crompton explains.
    Once our ancestors were forced to adapt to living on the ground, some drew on this behaviour from their existing repertoire as a method of terrestrial locomotion.
    The challenges of spending more time on the ground would have favoured those hominids whose anatomy and behaviour gave them a reproductive edge over their peers, however slight. Hominids that were good bipedal walkers were clearly at an advantage in this terrestrial environment, because millions of years later, we walk on two legs instead of four.

What happened to the Adam and Eve rib fable
    Did people and dinosaurs live at the same time?

No! After the dinosaurs died out, nearly 65 million years passed before people appeared on Earth

Now i can prove you are wrong about this belief you have TR so could the rest of your views be also wrong.Like the bible and god???

the rest of this is off topic not part of our debate so as I said first post I wont reply, we have good topics for debate number 2 age of earth, lucy, did man live with dinos prabley missing something else. But so far here in debate number 1 you ignored all 12 of my points and objections, I responded to all of yours accept a 42 min video witch you wont show what it says yet it magically disproves god. I call that a 12-0 victory, wait premature one topic numbers 31 were still debating I think.
    Last edited by total relism; December 05, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Indefinitely Banned

you belive a graph "scientifically" disproves the bible amases me and ignore the evidence I presented, not to mention this will be a topic of our second debate, you claim again man did not live with dions
    I have provided you with the sciantific evidence that will hold up in a court of law and is widely accepted as correct by the scientific community that the earth is older than it says in the bible also that our ancestors were not Adam and Eve but realy Lucy who was found millions of yrs ago.I have shown you dozens of ways scientists can test the earths age and you can only mock one of those not the others.

Well I admit I dont fully understand the circumstances going on here so I cannot respond such as with Egypt or Jericho, but I read throgh and it sounds as though moses not god ordered the killings and they did not kill those not guilty of the sin [young woman] also the killings are not a good thing read 31.19 but judgment as the people were leading isreal astray witch would have ruined the messianic line read my first post,
    But you see Moses says god told him just like Joshua told him.So do you think moses is lying that god told him to do these wickid things??Then do you trust moses that the 10 commandments are realy from a god in a burning bush.You see how the bible can be wrong.And you say its 100% right.
    Well I admit I dont fully understand the circumstances going on here
    You can say that again you cant even read and understand a biblical passaga??FFS are you serious
    they also did not rape the woman so were you get that I dont know.
    Are you able to read and follow its very simple i shall extract the info for you "although virgin girls were shared amongst the soldiers"

I will no longer respond untill you give me what I ask for evidence. I was saying you ignored all 12 of my objections to you meanwhile I responded to all of yours.
    You have not responded show me evidence dinosaurs were around with mankind and noah could have put a dino egg on his boat if they were smaller show us all this scientific evidence.You have not answered anything why will you not watch the video and learn?You do not understand science.You would not be able to grasp what Stephen Hawkings says as he is so intelligent.Nothing existed before time and before the big bang as nothing could have and that is explained in the video.Now watch it as it has been days and it is silly of you not to watch it.Its your favourite subject.You thing we need a creater to make something out of nothing and science can prove the opposite as shown in the video.Nothing existed before the univerce and time did not exist therefore there was no time for a creator.
    I call that a 12-0 victory, wait premature one topic numbers 31 were still debating I think
    Are you for real you copypaste 12 rubbish things from a creationist website and think thats the solution you cant even use your own words.I look at real science books based in reality and proper procedure not a brainwashing site of creationists.Really you may as well quote Ron Hubbard and his scientology book its that insane. You are fooling no 1 but yourself.

the rest of this is off topic not part of our debate so as I said first post I wont reply
    , See how he cant reply

we have good topics for debate number 2 age of earth, lucy, did man live with dinos prabley missing something else
    .Debate now as there will not be a 2nd debate i have shown your wild fantasys of dinosaurs and man being around together as ludacras noncence and all can see now if you have a explanation for your beliefs show it now or admit defeat.

But so far here in debate number 1 you ignored all 12 of my points and objections,
    Your objections are rubbish and deluded thats why and go against reason and reality
    I responded to all of yours accept a 42 min video witch you wont show what it says yet it magically disproves god.
    You are showing childishness by not watching the video yet you expect me and others to see your creationist websites.I have shown you 3 times and now i will do it a 4th time about how the video shows there is no creator of the univerce.And now a 4th time if you cant dissprove this then do you give up science advancements= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd05ZVYWg&feature=player_detailpage Here Stephen Hawkings proves there is no creater.And how the univerce could easily be made without a god.We have scientifically proven the univerce was not made by a god.Back many years ago people looking at a solar eclipse would have made the vikings think a god would have made the sun vanish.Now we know what a solar eclipse is and it proves a god did not create it.Science debunking religion and god.And this debunking will continue as we get even more scientifically advanced.We do not need the sun god or zeus or the great rhino god or thor or jesus.I will prove there is no god and that the bible is written wrong so many times by man it could not have the hand of a infallible god involved in its making.
    The laws of nature applys to everything in the univerce they cant be broken.They are fixed so what role is there for god.The ignorant pope at the time said the laws of nature were heresy.But organized religion then said god made the laws of nature and he could break them if he wished.And that our planet was stationary.Gallelio proved the church wrong and the bible wrong as our planet orbits the sun and some planets do not orbit the earth.He was punished for thinking scientifically and was confined to house arrest by the wicked church of shamanism.
    Each new discovery shows a god is not needed.Matter energy space makes a univerce and can be made without a god.Some people will say god created the big bang.But science proves he could not have had a hand in it.Science can prove how a entire univerce can come to be out of nothing.The laws of phicics require negative energy.When the big bang made positive energy it made the same negative energy and they add up to zero always its a law of nature.The negative energy is in space.So what triggered the whole thing what caused the spontanious apperance of a univerce.Protons can appear at random through quantum mechanics.Since we know the univerce was smaller than a proton once.The univerce could have simply have popped into existance without vilolating the known laws of nature.Did god create the quantum laws.Do we need a god to set things up.No we dont science has the explanation for this part also.Look at my link and see how god does not exist.It is possible nothing caused the big bang NOTHING.Space and time are linked.Time began.To understand how time began concider a black hole in space.It is so massive it has collapsed in on itself.Its gravity can distort time.It can stop time.Time does not exist in a black hole.If you travel back to the big bang the univerce gets smaller till the whole univerce is so small it becomes a very very small black hole here time must come to a stop as the black hole is so dence in such a small space.You cant get back to a time before the black hole.Therefore there was no time for a creator to have existed.There was no time for a cause to create.It was a event that was nor caused by anyone or anything.As nothing existed the laws of nature acting on the mass and energy of the univerce started a process that would eventually produce us.So if people ask me if a god created a univerce i say time did not exist before the big bang so no time for a god to exist.

I have shown the earth is millions of yrs old.
    I have shown your imaginary deity is evil and immoral.
    I have shown our ancestors were not Adam and Eve using science and reality and logic.
    i have shown you hide behind creationist websites and do not know how to debate.You cant even watch a 45 min video.
    i have shown many errors in a bible written by man to control man with no deitys involvement yet you worship this book in the same way other fundamentalists do.When the jihadists blow themselves up to get virgins in heaven they have the same warped logic.How can you defend the church of pedophiles who rape kids and the pope covers it up.How can the lord allow his church and priests and pope to do these crimes.

Why is your god better than the hundreds of gods that have been worshipped.Why read the bible not the koran.
    Why is your god better than the great rhino god?
    Tell me why you believe?Where is you evidence that if a god created this world that jesus is a real son of god and not fake.You cannot prove your god is real can you no its just blind faith.A mirage a fable a fallicy

Notice i am writing in differant colours as its your game and you like it lol

random quotes
    "Religion and science have a common ancestor - ignorance"
    A.C. Grayling -

Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.
    Albert Einstein -

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
    Albert Einstein -

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
    Bertrand Russell -

I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.
    Bertrand Russell -

The objections to religion are of two sorts - intellectual and moral. The intellectual objection is that there is no reason to suppose any religion true; the moral objection is that religious precepts date from a time when men were more cruel than they are and therefore tend to perpetuate inhumanities which the moral conscience of the age would otherwise outgrow.
    Bertrand Russell -

By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none.
    Charlie Chaplin -

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
    Christopher Hitchens -

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion
    Christopher Hitchens -

I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose.
    Clarence Darrow -

If Atheism is a religion, then health is a disease!
    Clark Adams -

The kindly God who lovingly fashioned each and every one of us and sprinkled the sky with shining stars for our delight -- that God is, like Santa Claus, a myth of childhood, not anything [that] a sane, undeluded adult could literally believe in. That God must either be turned into a symbol for something less concrete or abandoned altogether.

Daniel Dennett - Darwin's Dangerous Idea -

To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy.
    David Brooks - The Necessity of Atheism -

Total Realism
    largest dinosaur egg is the size of a football, noah would have taken 2 smaller and younger animals to reproduce after flood not full grown adults.
    Size of young t-rex
    http://www.icr.org/article/6130/

Originally Posted by Tom Cruise
    Are you saying Noah could have taken dinosaur eggs if they were smaller?Are you saying Noah and dinosaurs were around at the same time???Really you believe this
    Total realisms responce is =
    yes i do, and no he would not take eggs just small dinosaurs.
    I think this shows complete disregard for facts here is a link to Wiki to the reality of the situation which makes his deck of cards fall down are we to believe his bible when he also believes in this earth was like the FLINTSTONES

This will educate you TR as to the reality of Dinosaurs i learned this when i was 7 yrs old.

Link

I rest my case unless you are actually going to listen to my S Hawkins link i gave at the start.Be brave and have a look

Also the title of this thread i have not agreed to that title so why are you still leaving it up.We agreed this was the title on the other thread let this be the title The reliability of the bible and other books of shamism and mythology in the bronze age
    A few creationists are honest enough to admit that the evidence supporting the theory of evolution is irrelevant as far as they are concerned: as it contradicts the "Word of God", it simply has to be wrong.
    Quote:
    Some Christians regard the text of the Bible as literally true or, to use their term, as "inerrant". If people reject evolution on this basis, it is only fair to ask whether this belief stands up.
    Whichever translation of the Bible you look at it is not hard to find errors. The texts are full of internal contradictions as well as historical and scientific inaccuracies.
    There are so many examples it is hard to know where to start. Take its cosmology: according to the Bible, the earth is flat and immovable, the moon emits its own light, the sky is solid and the stars can be shaken from the sky by earthquakes.
    Its mathematics is also poor. How many sons do you count: "The sons of Shemaiah: Huttush, Igal, Bariah, Neriah, and Shaphat, six" (I Chronicles 3:22). Such errors are common. The value of pi is given as 3, even though many other cultures had already worked it out with greater precision.
    Bible biology

Its biology is no better. The Bible claims that rabbits chew the cud, that the pattern of goats' coats can be changed by what their parents look at while copulating, that only dead seeds can germinate and that ostriches are careless parents.
    Fundamentalists try to explain away some of these examples in the light of what we now know: pi is approximately three, they point out, while rabbits eat their own droppings, which is a bit like chewing the cud. But such explanations essentially admit that the Bible is not the ultimate source of of reliable truths about the world.
    In other words, if you want to know anything from how rabbits digest their food or how to breed goats to the value of pi or whether the sun orbits the earth or vice versa, you have to turn to science and mathematics, not the Bible. If that's the case, then surely the same is true of how life on Earth came about?
    So how reliable is the Bible chapter that relates to evolution? Let's leave aside the long-standing evidence that Earth is older than 6000 years and that there was no world-wide flood, and look at what else Genesis says.
    Genesis 1 gives the order of creation as plants, animals, man and woman. Genesis 2 gives it as man, plants, animals and woman. Genesis 1:3-5 says light was created on the first day, Genesis 1:14-19 says the sun was created on the fourth. Genesis 7:2 says Noah took seven pairs of each beast, Genesis 7:8-15 says one pair.
    The list goes on. The fruit of the tree of knowledge is said to kill within a day of being eaten, yet Adam and Eve don't die after eating it. Genesis says there were giants (Nephilim) before the flood and that the flood annihilated all creatures other than those on the ark, but Numbers says there were giants after the flood.
    Sorting it out

Attempts to resolve these contradictions are almost as old as the Bible itself. Those who regard the Bible as inerrant tie themselves in knots trying to explain them away (hands up who believes that T. rex was once a peaceful vegetarian?), or even take it upon themselves to rewrite the Bible to expunge them.
    However, there are far too many errors, inaccuracies and contradictions to dismiss them all. The only rational and reasonable conclusion is that the Bible is not inerrant.

The difference between evolution and Creationism is that evolution is real and Creationism is not real. Creationism is based on the Bible that says that God created the world in 6 days about 10,000 years ago. Clearly the world was not created in 6 days about 10,000 years ago, so therefore the Bible is just plain wrong. If the world were merely 10,000 years old then how do you explain the dinosaurs that are millions of years old? We've discovered life fossils that date back billions of years. Even the skeletons of modern humans date back before the time of Adam and Eve.

If we were to believe the Bible, then we would have to believe the Earth was created before the stars, which is the wrong order. If the stars were created 10,000 years ago, we wouldn't be able to see stars that are more than 10,000 light years away. That's because if a star was further away than 10,000 light years, the light from that star wouldn't have got here yet. Our galaxy alone is about 100,000 light years across. If the Bible were true, we wouldn't be able to see but 1/10th the way across our own galaxy. We surely wouldn't be able to see other galaxies or galactic clusters or know that the universe is expanding.

Our modern technology has proved the Bible wrong. That means that if there is a God, he didn't write the Bible and the Bible is not his word. If the Bible were the word of God and the Bible is wrong, then God is wrong. And if God can't be wrong, then the Bible, which is wrong, can't be the word of God.

Men who lived thousands of years ago wrote the Bible. The authors had limited knowledge of the nature of the universe and wrote the Bible based on what they believed at the time. They didn't know the Earth was round and that it orbited the Sun, which is a star among billions of stars in the galaxy, which is but one galaxy in billions of galaxies that have existed for billions of years. To them, the world was flat. There was up and there was down and God lived in the sky. They didn't know the world was round and there was no such thing as "up". They didn't know that the sky was a thin layer of gas that surrounds the surface of this planet. We have been to the sky and we have been above the sky and God isn't living there.
    Consider the following comment:

"One elephant consumes 800 pounds of food per day..and 75% of that food would be converted to waste on a daily basis. so, double that for the second elephant...that's 120 TONS of food for just the elephants ...and 80 tons of waste. One Ape consumes 400 to 600 pound per day....75% into waste. That's 30 tons each in just food. Then there are two giraffes, hippos, ...etc., and so on"

The Ark van Johan replica of Noah's Ark in Holland.

Noah's Ark was allegedly 450 by 75 feet wide by about 45 feet high and made of Gopher wood (Teak in the Islamic myth). The Dutch replica of the Ark is only half the length of Noah's alleged Ark, and bear in mind that Dutch Biblical Creationist who built it essentially "cheated;" it is not at all a wooden hulled ark; it actually has a steel Hull and the timber hull is merely for show and it sits on a giant steel barge; further if he had built the entire hull with wood, it would have collapsed under it's own weight, and this is even without loading up to 2 billion species plus food supplies.

Above: a hilarious cartoon video regarding the impossibility of Noah's Ark.

As the cartoon above states, the Titanic, which was made of steel was 882 feet long, thus almost twice the length of Noah's 450 ft Ark and 92 feet wide compared with Noah's 75 feet wide Ark and 175 feet high, compared to the 45 feet high Ark, and yet the Titanic carried only 3547 people and enough provisions for 2 weeks.

Length limitations on wooden ships.

It is considered to be "impossible" in naval architecture to build a wooden boat the size of Noah's Ark. In the last couple of centuries some large wooden boats have been built (none as big as Noah's Ark) with metal bracings to stop the ship breaking up on the waves, however many have met tragic ends and suffered hull buckling; one of the largest ever wooden boats, Baron of Renfrew (1825) at just over 300 ft long broke apart on it's maiden voyage. It is generally considered folly to build a cargo ship with a timber hull longer than 300 ft, since it would not be sufficiently rigid from bow to stern to avoid breaking up on the ocean's waves, and certainly not with billions of animal and insect species on board.

Noah would further have had to stack his animals several miles high (the thought of this being totally ridiculous); he not only have destabilised the top heavy ship, making it instantly keel over, it would also simply have sunk under the weight long before he managed to stack the animals.

NOAHS ARK HA HA HA HOW CAN MAN LOOK AFTER SOOO MANY ANIMALS LOL again the holy myth is debunked.
    Why is your god better than the hundreds of gods that have been worshipped.Why read the bible not the koran.
    Tell me why you believe?Where is you evidence that if a god created this world that jesus is a real son of god and not fake.You cannot prove your god is real can you no its just blind faith.A mirage a fable a fallicy like the Noah ark fable
    Last edited by Darth Red; December 07, 2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: quadruple post

This will be very hard to find anything that has to do with this debate, it seems to me yet again you are giving up on your original arguments that are the topic of this debate and have moved on to even newer attacks, so what I suggest is you agree you have nothing here on topic with your impossible to answer questions you claimed stumped me and we start a debate number 2 on topic's such as age of earth lucy did man live with dinos etc as im sure these this time are the ones that prove the bible wrong not the first 30 you tried. Also this next debate will be my last offer to you 1v1 so please this time bring your best, I know you have been saving it up until your objections number 30 started but please bring your best. As I said before im not letting you run away [though it is very satisfying and very enjoyable] from your claims that your original objections stump me and disprove the bible, you can run to any topic you like but im staying by your claim and staying on topic with offer for another debate that maybe your number 20-30 will disprove the bible saving best for last i guess

I also want to remind you I asked kindly first post if you could stop doing just so
    Question begging epithet
    when someone imports bias often emotional language to support a claim "ignorant" "dishonest" "stupid" "gullible" or other disparaging remarks

if you could leave out we can get to questions faster easier etc

I have provided you with the sciantific evidence that will hold up in a court of law and is widely accepted as correct by the scientific community that the earth is older than it says in the bible also that our ancestors were not Adam and Eve but realy Lucy who was found millions of yrs ago.I have shown you dozens of ways scientists can test the earths age and you can only mock one of those not the others.

debate 2 off topic here

But you see Moses says god told him just like Joshua told him.So do you think moses is lying that god told him to do these wickid things??Then do you trust moses that the 10 commandments are realy from a god in a burning bush.You see how the bible can be wrong.And you say its 100% right.
    I dont see how it is wrong in anyway,if he said god told him to than he did im not saying he did not,i said when i read the chapter it did not say that.

You can say that again you cant even read and understand a biblical passaga??FFS are you serious
    Are you able to read and follow its very simple i shall extract the info for you "although virgin girls were shared amongst the soldiers"
    I fully can however the whole picture is never in one chapter you need to know the circumstances and what led up to it as these things [gods judgments] often start with sins repeated over hundreds of years and many other variables such as with the plagues and Canaanites.
    On virgins I believe this is from the passage that only exist on your website not in bible remember they added about 10 verses please provide verse number and chapter

You have not responded show me evidence dinosaurs were around with mankind and noah could have put a dino egg on his boat if they were smaller show us all this scientific evidence.You have not answered anything why will you not watch the video and learn?You do not understand science.You would not be able to grasp what Stephen Hawkings says as he is so intelligent.Nothing existed before time and before the big bang as nothing could have and that is explained in the video.Now watch it as it has been days and it is silly of you not to watch it.Its your favourite subject.You thing we need a creater to make something out of nothing and science can prove the opposite as shown in the video.Nothing existed before the univerce and time did not exist therefore there was no time for a creator.
    Are you for real you copypaste 12 rubbish things from a creationist website and think thats the solution you cant even use your own words.I look at real science books based in reality and proper procedure not a brainwashing site of creationists.Really you may as well quote Ron Hubbard and his scientology book its that insane. You are fooling no 1 but yourself., See how he cant reply

alot of emotion here that is good your ovsiuly seeing things you dont like, so I guess there is no need for me to reply to you as your whole post was a copy paste off athist website also If you noticed I used many of my own words and many non creation literature but you never read soo...12-0, of course you could show how dumb those creationist sites are and show real science.
    So what im gathering from your all powerful very smart guy videos is this, nothing existed before the universe, I agree 100% before matter there was no matter no time space nothing I agree.But than you claim there was no creator because there was no time time itself is a created thing as matter is etc, how does this come about with no creator? had you read my objections to you

the creation of the universe must be non material because if it was material it would be subject to decay like all material, so the creator must be non material spiritual and eternal
    psalm 90.2

I will not spoiler as this seems to be your big evidence.

genesis is only true account of creation
    Genesis 1:1
    1:1 created. No other cosmogony, whether in ancient paganism or modern naturalism, even mentions the absolute origin of the universe. All begin with the space/time/matter universe, already existing in a primeval state of chaos, then attempt to speculate how it might have “evolved” into its present form. Modern evolutionism begins with elementary particles of matter evolving out of nothing in a “big bang” and then developing through natural forces into complex systems. Pagan pantheism also begins with elementary matter in various forms evolving into complex systems by the forces of nature personified as different gods and goddesses. But, very significantly, the concept of the special creation of the universe of space and time itself is found nowhere in all religion or philosophy, ancient or modern, except here in Genesis 1:1.

Appropriately, therefore, this verse records the creation of space (“the heaven”), of time (“in the beginning”), and of matter (“the earth”), the Tri-universe, the space/time/matter continuum which constitutes our physical cosmos. The Creator of this tri-universe is the triune God, Elohim, the uni-plural Old Testament name for the divine “Godhead,” a name which is plural in form (with its Hebrew “im” ending) but commonly singular in meaning.
    The existence of a transcendent Creator and the necessity of a primeval special creation of the universe is confirmed by the most basic principles of nature discovered by scientists:
    (1) The law of causality, that no effect can be greater than its cause, is basic in all scientific investigation and human experience. A universe comprising an array of intelligible and complex effects, including living systems and conscious personalities, is itself proof of an intelligent, complex, living, conscious Person as its Cause;
    (2) The laws of thermodynamics are the most universal and best-proved generalizations of science, applicable to every process and system of any kind, the First Law stating that no matter/energy is now being created or destroyed, and the Second Law stating that all existing matter/energy is proceeding irreversibly toward ultimate equilibrium and cessation of all processes. Since this eventual death of the universe has not yet occurred and since it will occur in time, if these processes continue, the Second Law proves that time (and, therefore, the space/matter/time universe) had a beginning. The universe must have been created, but the First Law precludes the possibility of its self-creation. The only resolution of the dilemma posed by the First and Second Laws is that “in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” The so-called big bang theory of the origin of the cosmos, postulating a primeval explosion of the space/mass/time continuum at the start, beginning with a state of nothingness and then rapidly expanding into the present complex universe, contradicts both these basic laws

• Henry M. Morris is Director of the Institute for Creation Research, as well as the Academic Vice-President of Christian Heritage College. He received his Ph.D. in hydraulics, with minors in geology and mathematics. He has spent thirty years in education and research, including thirteen years as Professor of Hydraulic Engineering and Chairman of the Department of Civil Engineering at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He is also President of the Creation Research Society.

.Debate now as there will not be a 2nd debate i have shown your wild fantasys of dinosaurs and man being around together as ludacras noncence and all can see now if you have a explanation for your beliefs show it now or admit defeat.
    read first paragraph of this response.

Your objections are rubbish and deluded thats why and go against reason and reality
    You are showing childishness by not watching the video yet you expect me and others to see your creationist websites.I have shown you 3 times and now i will do it a 4th time about how the video shows there is no creator of the univerce.And now a 4th time if you cant dissprove this then do you give up science advancements= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd05ZVYWg&feature=player_detailpage Here Stephen Hawkings proves there is no creater.And how the univerce could easily be made without a god.We have scientifically proven the univerce was not made by a god.Back many years ago people looking at a solar eclipse would have made the vikings think a god would have made the sun vanish.Now we know what a solar eclipse is and it proves a god did not create it.Science debunking religion and god.And this debunking will continue as we get even more scientifically advanced.We do not need the sun god or zeus or the great rhino god or thor or jesus.I will prove there is no god and that the bible is written wrong so many times by man it could not have the hand of a infallible god involved in its making.
    The laws of nature applys to everything in the univerce they cant be broken.They are fixed so what role is there for god.The ignorant pope at the time said the laws of nature were heresy.But organized religion then said god made the laws of nature and he could break them if he wished.And that our planet was stationary.Gallelio proved the church wrong and the bible wrong as our planet orbits the sun and some planets do not orbit the earth.He was punished for thinking scientifically and was confined to house arrest by the wicked church of shamanism.
    Each new discovery shows a god is not needed.Matter energy space makes a univerce and can be made without a god.Some people will say god created the big bang.But science proves he could not have had a hand in it.Science can prove how a entire univerce can come to be out of nothing.The laws of phicics require negative energy.When the big bang made positive energy it made the same negative energy and they add up to zero always its a law of nature.The negative energy is in space.So what triggered the whole thing what caused the spontanious apperance of a univerce.Protons can appear at random through quantum mechanics.Since we know the univerce was smaller than a proton once.The univerce could have simply have popped into existance without vilolating the known laws of nature.Did god create the quantum laws.Do we need a god to set things up.No we dont science has the explanation for this part also.Look at my link and see how god does not exist.It is possible nothing caused the big bang NOTHING.Space and time are linked.Time began.To understand how time began concider a black hole in space.It is so massive it has collapsed in on itself.Its gravity can distort time.It can stop time.Time does not exist in a black hole.If you travel back to the big bang the univerce gets smaller till the whole univerce is so small it becomes a very very small black hole here time must come to a stop as the black hole is so dence in such a small space.You cant get back to a time before the black hole.Therefore there was no time for a creator to have existed.There was no time for a cause to create.It was a event that was nor caused by anyone or anything.As nothing existed the laws of nature acting on the mass and energy of the univerce started a process that would eventually produce us.So if people ask me if a god created a univerce i say time did not exist before the big bang so no time for a god to exist.
    do you truly believe what you say? we scientifically disproven god we have proved we created time and matter from nothing the evidence is?????? well wait here it is...... wait crap no we cant give any evidence but here is a 42 min video that says its true. A universe can easily be made se we did it here....wait crap...well here is a 42 min video that says it happened billions of years ago and they say its scientifically proven so it must be true after all hes really i mean really firkin smart. I mean this is the same guy that told us to stop searching in space because the aliens might harm us

“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/

“‘Cosmology may look like a science, but it isn’t a science,’ says James Gunn of Princeton University, co-founder of the Sloan survey. ‘A basic tenet of science is that you can do repeatable experiments, and you can’t do that in cosmology.’”
    Science 317:1850, 2007

At the beginning of his book The God Particle, Nobel physicist Leon Ledermann [referring to cosmological speculations like the big bang in science books and articles] writes: “When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up.”
    As quoted in: The Fire in the Equations: Science, Religion and the Search for God by Kitty Ferguson, Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, 1995, p. 145

Big bang cosmology is probably as widely believed as has been any theory of the universe in the history of Western civilization. It rests, however, on many untested, and in some cases untestable, assumptions. Indeed, big bang cosmology has become a bandwagon of thought that reflects faith as much as objective truth.
    Burbidge, G., 1992. Why only one big bang? Scientific American, 266(2):96

so to claim the big bang could be proven or is true or we know god did not create the universe is false and a misunderstanding of what science is. Please tell me how these things have been proven as you claim? You somehow claim a solar eclipse disproves god, I fail to see your logic here you somehow think exspalining observation disproves god creating this is false. exsample we can know all there is about a computer and how it works that does not mean we can exspalin its origin with no creator, someone a intelligence outside the computer had to create the computer just because we see how it works does not mean the computer was not created, I think that it what you are arguing mostly im really not sure.

I also belive you are being way overconfident in the big bang

We don’t understand how a single starforms, yet we want to understand how 10 billion stars form.” Carlos Frenk, as quoted by Robert Irion, “Surveys Scour the Cosmic Deep,” Science, Vol. 303, 19 March 2004, p. 1750.[171]

We cannot even show convincingly how galaxies, stars, planets, and life arose in the present universe.” Michael Rowan-Robinson, “Review of the Accidental Universe,” New Scientist, Vol. 97, 20 January 1983, p. 186.[172]

"galaxies are complicated and we don't really understand how they form. It's really an embarrassment."
    Thomas, V. and R. Webb. 2011. Slim and beautiful: Galaxies too good to be true. New Scientist. 2816: 32-35.

here is a list of over 500 phd evolutionist cosmologist astronomers and physicists who are leaving the big bang http://homepages.xnet.co.nz/~hardy/cosmologystatement.html
    published in new scientist and this is not because of the many problems with the big bang this is because well read the intro .
    You could also add the many creation cosmologist astronomers physicist to this list

The Big Bang as it is understood today is an inadequate theory since there are many fundamental problems that are seldom mentioned in the pertinent literature. The following are some "missing links" in the theory:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Missing Origin. The Big Bang theory assumes an original concentration of energy. Where did this energy come from? Astronomers sometimes speak of origin from a "quantum mechanical fluctuation within a vacuum." However, an energy source is still needed. Actually, there is no secular origin theory, since every idea is based on preexisting matter or energy.
    • Missing Fuse. What ignited the Big Bang? The mass concentration proposed in this theory would remain forever as a universal black hole. Gravity would prevent it from expanding outward.
    • Missing Star Formation. No natural way has been found to explain the formation of planets, stars, and galaxies. An explosion should produce, at best, an outward spray of gas and radiation. This gas should continue expanding, not form intricate planets, stars, and entire galaxies.
    • Missing Antimatter. Some versions of the Big Bang theory require an equal production of matter and antimatter. However, only small traces of antimatter (positrons, antiprotons) are found in space.
    • Missing Time. Some experiments indicate that the universe may be young, on the order of 10,000 years old. If true, then there is not sufficient time for the consequences of the Big Bang to unfold. A short time span would not allow for the gradual evolution of the earth, heavens, and mankind.
    • Missing Mass. Many scientists assume that the universe will eventually stop expanding and begin to collapse inward. Then it will again explode, and repeat its oscillating type of perpetual motion. This idea is an effort to avoid an origin and destiny for the universe. For oscillation to occur, the universe must have a certain density or distribution of mass. So far, measurements of the mass density are a hundred times smaller than expected. The universe does not appear to be oscillating. The necessary mass is "missing."
    • Missing Life. In an evolving universe, life should have developed everywhere. Space should be filled with radio signals from intelligent life forms. Where is everybody?

the big bang has many problems every step of the way
    http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-V1/1evlch02.htm
    http://www.pathlights.com/ce_encyclopedia/sci-ev/sci_vs_ev_2.htm
    http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-V1/1evlch03.htm
    which came first the stars or elements? they say stars form elements but elements form stars chicken in a egg problem .

nebula hypothesis
    If this were true, then the various planets should reflect nearly the same concentrations of various elements contained in the original dust cloud. Instead, each planet has its own special makeup. The nebular hypothesis would also predict that all the planets orbit the sun in the same direction, but this is also not the case. Neptune’s moon Triton and about half of the comets have a retrograde orbit, while Venus has a retrograde axial rotation.
    Now, newly discovered gas planets far beyond earth’s solar system present the same challenge to the nebular hypothesis. At the April meeting of the Royal Astronomical Society in Glasgow, Andrew Cameron, an astronomer at the University of St. Andrews, described recently discovered extrasolar planets that orbit backward. The Los Angeles Times reported, “That finding is inconsistent with the view that planets are formed by the condensation of dust from a disk surrounding a newly formed star.”1
    Maugh II, T. H. Distant planets’ orbits rattle theories. Los Angeles Times. Posted on latimes.com April 14, 2010, accessed April 14, 2010.

Cameron and his colleagues also found planets with “highly tilted orbits.”1 These also fail to follow from the nebular hypothesis, which would predict that all planets would orbit at the same angle as the cloud disk that formed them. The LA Times quoted Amaury Tiraud, a co-author of the report, as saying, “This is a real bomb we are dropping into the field of exoplanets.”1
    But since the nebular hypothesis has totally failed to explain earth’s nearest planets, why should anyone expect it to fare any better with extrasolar planets?2
    Coppedge, D. 2008. Nebulous Hypotheses. Acts & Facts. 37 (2): 15.

Pluto contradicts nebula hypothesis
    http://creation.com/creation-magazine-312-contents

inclined orbit mystery”
    problem for evolution expansion and origin of planets
    new scientist 199 [2674] 8 20 sep 2008

This really complicates our simple view of early solar system”
    U of wisconsin after anyalist of dust from comet wild 2 collected by nasa when they expected primitive low temp materials.
    Scince 321 19 sep 2008

2 planets orbiting backwards contradicts nebula hypothesis
    new scientist 203 2722

The data revealed slight differences in the types of oxygen and nitrogen present on the sun and planets” Since everything formed from the same raw materials[according to the nebular hypothesis] , they expected the chemistry to be the same throughout. But the isotope ratios found in these solar wind particles do not match those on earth.
    The implication is that we did not form out of the same solar nebula materials that created the sun—just how and why remains to be discovered,” said Kevin McKeegan, author of one of the reports in Science.
    http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2011/jun/HQ_11-199_Genesis.html
    origin of galaxies model “badly wrong”
    milky way should be surrounded by thousands of tiny satalite galaxies rather than the 25 known only 1% of number predicted also problems with location and motion.
    Something is badly wrong with our standard big bang origin”
    pavel kroupa U of bonn germany
    new scientist 203 2722 37- 39 2009

oddly young galaxies”
    these objects run counter to standard model spiral galaxies
    space.com scince astonomy / 090428 28 april 2009

problems for extrasolar planets formation for evolutionist
    joc 24 [1] 2010 72-76
    http://creation.com/journal-of-creation-241

the big bang contradicts the law of conservation of matter/energy that matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed,only a supernatural creation can account for this law,otherwise universes could pop up anywhere,all the time.

many problems for nebular hypothesis
    solar system origin nebular hypothesis
    sarfai j creation mag 32 no 3 2010

To see some of the miracles that are needed to be invoked by the evolutionist to get around contradictory evidences against the nebular hypothesis
    cosmic catastrophes creation 32 [4] 2010 p14-17
    http://creation.com/Cosmic-catastrophes

hot jupitors and eccentric orbits 2 problems for big bang cosmology
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v6/n1/exoplanets
    anwsers mag 44-47 no 6 vol 1 jan-mar 2011

Quasars again defy a big bang explanation

http://creation.com/quasars-defy-big-bangAugust 2010

more problems for evolutionary cosmology
    2011 April 21 nam03 royal astronomical society news archive
    creation mag vol 16 may/june 2011 p 7

Edinburgh Royal Observatory astronomer Mike Hawkins discovered that the light pulses given off by quasars (strange, high-energy objects in distant space) do not behave according to current astrophysics predictions. Among the explanations? “There’s [the] possibility that . . . the universe is not expanding and that the big bang theory is wrong,” PhysOrg reports.
    April 9, 2010

. “... most every prediction by theorists about planetary formation has been wrong.”
    Scott Tremaine, as quoted by Richard A. Kerr, “Jupiters Like Our Own Await Planet Hunters,” Science, Vol. 295, 25 January 2002, p. 605.

In scientific American p 50 may 2011 admits no one has yet seen a galaxy form. or the process of being able to create one.

Astronomer Geoff Marcy recently addressed a science conference bluntly, admitting that there are no satisfactory planet formation models. A Scientific American blog stated that Marcy "proceeded to demolish the prevailing theoretical models for how planets form. Observers in any field of science take a peculiar pleasure in seeing their theorist colleagues collapse into sobbing heaps, but it happens with unnerving regularity with exoplanets. Modelers have consistently failed to predict the diversity of planetary systems out there."
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=why-dont-exoplanets-match-astronome-2011-01-13

In 2001, Cristina Chiappini wrote regarding the Milky Way galaxy the following:

Aleksandr Oparin
    ". . . it is an elegant structure that shows both order and complexity. . . . The end product is especially remarkable in the light of what is believed to be the starting point: nebulous blobs of gas. How the universe made the Milky Way from such simple beginnings is not altogether clear. - Cristina Chiappini, "The Formation and Evolution of the Milky Way," American Scientist (vol. 89, Nov./Dec. 2001), p. 506.[17

Now, astronomers have uncovered a mature, more fully "evolved" cluster of galaxies in a segment of distant space that was thought to represent the early, immature universe
    oldest galaxy found looks like ours
    "This is interesting because it puts a constraint on models of galaxy evolution. I would be interested to see how they can make the models fit both proto-clusters and this."
    Klotz, I. HYPERLINK "http://conservapedia.com/Evolution#cite_note-172"Oldest Galaxy Cluster Looks Like Modern-Day KinHYPERLINK "http://conservapedia.com/Evolution#cite_note-172". HYPERLINK "http://conservapedia.com/Evolution#cite_note-172"Discovery NewsHYPERLINK "http://conservapedia.com/Evolution#cite_note-172". Posted on news.discovery.com March 9, HYPERLINK "http://conservapedia.com/Evolution#cite_note-172"2011, accessed March 11, 2011.

Distant Galaxies Look Too Mature for Big Bang

http://www.mpe.mpg.de/News/20111102/text.html

http://www.icr.org/article/6498/

Solar system formation by accretion has no observational evidence

http://creation.com/accretion-hypothesis

some more problems for big bang
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n1/big-bang-gods-chosen-methodHYPERLINK "http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n1/big-bang-gods-chosen-methodHYPERLINK"

for much more reading problems for big bang astronomy from creation perspective
    http://creation.com/astronomy-and-astrophysics-questions-and-answers
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/topic/astrophysics
    http://www.icr.org/article/5467/
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v6/n1/retrograde-exoplanets-challenge-theories

free online creation astronomy video young earth evidence big bang problems ET etc.
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v6/n1/young-universe-video

you than talk of the laws of nature, how can atheism exspalin the laws of nature? they had to be created by god otherwise how does matter understand to follow laws? that make astronomy and science possible?

also

If evolution were true than science would not make sense.
    Evolution undermines the preconditions necessary for rational thought,thereby destroying the very possibility of knowledge and science
    Evolutionist say we are nothing but random matter and chemicals getting together for a survival advantage,They say we are the result of hydrogen gas,than rain on rocks, than millions of years of mutations.
    So why should i trust them that what they are telling me is true? If there just evolved slimeology how do i know they have the truth? Why should i aspect one accident our brain to understand another accident the world?
    Would i believe bacteria or chemicals if they taught me a class on science? Were just higher animals there is no reason to trust them or to know for sure they are telling the truth.
    We could not know that we were even viewing the world properly, how do we know our eyes ears brain memory are getting the right information? There is no way to know, we could be in some matrix world.
    Or as evolutionist recently in scientific American said we could be like a fish in a bowl that is curved giving us a distorted view of reality.[P 70 the theory of everything scientific American oct 2010 ]
    Science would be impossible unless our memories was giving accurate info and our senses our eyes ears etc also laws of logic are needed. How does matter produce a organism with memory?
    regularity in time space-uniformity [not uniformitarism] is needed to do science and to have knowledge otherwise our experiments would be pointless, and we would not be able to make any predictions astronomy depends on this almost entirely.
    The universe is understandable we assume the universe is logical orderly and it obeys mathematical laws that is how we can make predictions.
    Freedom to chose and consider various options free will.
    In fact evolutionist only believe in evolution because the chemicals in there brain are making them believe that, they did not come to some objective decision but random mutations that gave a survival advantage make them.
    The only reason i believe in creation is because the chemicals in my brain make me.

science need us to be able to know our seances are giving us the correct information, our eyes ears memory etc how do we know we are correctly interpreting actual reality?
    evolutionist say anyone should be rational with beliefs logic etc is inconstant with evolution after all were just evolved pond scum, it assumes we were created.

But if creation is true than i would expect us as created by a intelligent creator to be able to properly understand nature i would expect to be able to know im getting the right information, that i can trust that we are in a orderly universe that follows laws that make science possible, so were able to repeatable lab experiments etc.
    That there would be things like laws of logic, reliability of our memory, reliability of our senses, that our eyes, ear,s are accurately giving us the correct information information to be able to do science in the first place etc
    Why should i believe that one accident our brains can properly understand another accident the big bang? how can matter acted on by mutation only for a survival advantage produce laws of logic? this is illogical matter cannot do this matter cannot produce nonmaterial things this is against science and against logic.
    If biblical creation were not true than we could not know anything if we were not created by god we would have no reason to trust our senses, and no way to prove or know for sure

here is article response to your video
    http://creation.com/curiosity-did-go...e-the-universe

here is response to his new book
    http://creation.com/stephen-hawking-god

notice what liberal new your times said of hawking ideas
    The real news about The Grand Design, however, isn’t Mr. Hawking’s supposed jettisoning of God, information that will surprise no one who has followed his work closely. The real news about The Grand Design is how disappointingly tinny and inelegant it is. The spare and earnest voice that Mr. Hawking employed with such appeal in A Brief History of Time has been replaced here by one that is alternately condescending, as if he were Mr. Rogers explaining rain clouds to toddlers, and impenetrable.
    The Grand Design is packed with grating yuks. “If you think it is hard to get humans to follow traffic laws,” we read, “imagine convincing an asteroid to move along an ellipse.” (Oh, my.)1

The present book consists of only 208 large-print pages, yet I thought it too long — it reads like a stretched magazine article. Even allowing for the need for the pleasures of digression, there is too much padding and too much recycling of long-stale material. It gives me no pleasure at all to say that I doubt whether The Grand Design would have been published if Hawking’s name were not on the cover.

galileo
    from ken ham in a debate with a liberal theologian

You keep mentioning that Christians in the past (and today for that matter) have misunderstood passages in the Bible. While quite true, of course, I think it actually supports my position rather than yours. Many of the misunderstandings of the Bible were caused by people "reading into" the passages based on the secular science of the day. The Galileo incident to which you refer is a prime example, as shown 1
    here. The belief that the Earth was immovable and the center of the solar system was the prevailing secular scientific view of the day, and many people interpreted the Bible to match - although as I showed previously, the Bible does not really teach such a cosmology.

www.answersingenesis.org/tj/vHYPERLINK "http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v14/i1/galileo.asp"14HYPERLINK "http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v14/i1/galileo.asp"/iHYPERLINK "http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v14/i1/galileo.asp"1HYPERLINK "http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v14/i1/galileo.asp"/galileo.asp galileo

Summary
    The 17th century controversy between Galileo and the Vatican is examined. Fifteen theses are advanced, with supporting evidence, to show that the Galileo affair cannot serve as an argument for any position on the relation of religion and science. Contrary to legend, both Galileo and the Copernican system were well regarded by church officials. Galileo was the victim of his own arrogance, the envy of his colleagues and the politics of Pope Urban VIII. He was not accused of criticising the Bible, but disobeying a papal decree

The church v Galileo: how the church accepted the science of its day
    Dr Noel Weeks
    Originally published in The Hermeneutical Problem of Genesis 1–11, Themelios4(1):12–19, September 1978.
    Somewhere in this sort of discussion poor Galileo is always dragged in. Yet if we want to learn from history we should at least begin with good history. There is nothing particularly Christian about Aristotelian cosmology. In fact there are points at which it cannot be reconciled with the Bible. How did the church find itself in the position of defending Aristotelian cosmology against the new Copernican cosmology? It found itself in that position because it accepted the argument of Aquinas that the biblical texts which contradicted Aristotle should not be pressed as the Bible was not written in technical philosophical language. Moses spoke the language of his day. This is not to say that the church should have accepted readily the new astronomy. In its neo-Pythagorean mysticism11 it was no more biblical than Aristotle was. Those who want to say that the Bible is written in the popular language of its day and should not be pressed where it differs from modern philosophical-scientific structures cannot claim to have learnt from the Galileo affair. They are merely repeating the arguments that helped to put the church in that situation.

flat earth
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation

http://www.creationresearch.org/creation_matters

flat earth society leader believes in evolution
    livescince 23 june 2011 ingenius flat earth theory reveled in old map.

the bible never says the earth is flat the atheist has to take a passage clearly out of context ignore other uses of same word in same book [psalms] and ignore the clear passages that the earth is not flat, again any basic knowledge of creation or apologetic or the bible would answer this for you parables coming out your This is why in debates you guys get laghed at and refuted so easily.

from william lane craigs list

I have shown the earth is millions of yrs old.
    I have shown your imaginary deity is evil and immoral.
    I have shown our ancestors were not Adam and Eve using science and reality and logic.
    i have shown you hide behind creationist websites and do not know how to debate.You cant even watch a 45 min video.
    i have shown many errors in a bible written by man to control man with no deitys involvement yet you worship this book in the same way other fundamentalists do.When the jihadists blow themselves up to get virgins in heaven they have the same warped logic.How can you defend the church of pedophiles who rape kids and the pope covers it up.How can the lord allow his church and priests and pope to do these crimes.
    now im not sure if your aware I think not,but when A page is titled total relism on upper left those are my responses, so when you claim things such as the bible says the earth is flat etc than I respond to those claims it is than up to you to show why my responses fail if you belive they do, otherwise it just looks like your ignoring all evidence that goes aginst your claims and than just making emotional [read first paragraph] logical fallacy claims and showing you cannot handle a discussion using logic or reasoining because your emotions get in the way [read first paragraph third post]

Tell me why you believe?Where is you evidence that if a god created this world that jesus is a real son of god and not fake.You cannot prove your god is real can you no its just blind faith.A mirage a fable a fallicy

Notice i am writing in differant colours as its your game and you like it lol

off topic and I already gave reference to my debate on this before.

random quotes
    "Religion and science have a common ancestor - ignorance"
    A.C. Grayling -

Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.
    Albert Einstein -

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
    Albert Einstein -

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
    Bertrand Russell -

I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.
    Bertrand Russell -

The objections to religion are of two sorts - intellectual and moral. The intellectual objection is that there is no reason to suppose any religion true; the moral objection is that religious precepts date from a time when men were more cruel than they are and therefore tend to perpetuate inhumanities which the moral conscience of the age would otherwise outgrow.
    Bertrand Russell -

By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none.
    Charlie Chaplin -

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
    Christopher Hitchens -

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion
    Christopher Hitchens -

I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose.
    Clarence Darrow -

If Atheism is a religion, then health is a disease!
    Clark Adams -

The kindly God who lovingly fashioned each and every one of us and sprinkled the sky with shining stars for our delight -- that God is, like Santa Claus, a myth of childhood, not anything [that] a sane, undeluded adult could literally believe in. That God must either be turned into a symbol for something less concrete or abandoned altogether.

Daniel Dennett - Darwin's Dangerous Idea -

To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy.
    David Brooks - The Necessity of Atheism -
    off topic

Total realisms responce is =

I think this shows complete disregard for facts here is a link to Wiki to the reality of the situation which makes his deck of cards fall down are we to believe his bible when he also believes in this earth was like the FLINTSTONES

This will educate you TR as to the reality of Dinosaurs i learned this when i was 7 yrs old.

I rest my case unless you are actually going to listen to my S Hawkins link i gave at the start.Be brave and have a look

Also the title of this thread i have not agreed to that title so why are you still leaving it up.We agreed this was the title on the other thread let this be the title The reliability of the bible and other books of shamism and mythology in the bronze age
    read first paragraph on second debate.

Consider the following comment:

"One elephant consumes 800 pounds of food per day..and 75% of that food would be converted to waste on a daily basis. so, double that for the second elephant...that's 120 TONS of food for just the elephants ...and 80 tons of waste. One Ape consumes 400 to 600 pound per day....75% into waste. That's 30 tons each in just food. Then there are two giraffes, hippos, ...etc., and so on"

The Ark van Johan replica of Noah's Ark in Holland.

Noah's Ark was allegedly 450 by 75 feet wide by about 45 feet high and made of Gopher wood (Teak in the Islamic myth). The Dutch replica of the Ark is only half the length of Noah's alleged Ark, and bear in mind that Dutch Biblical Creationist who built it essentially "cheated;" it is not at all a wooden hulled ark; it actually has a steel Hull and the timber hull is merely for show and it sits on a giant steel barge; further if he had built the entire hull with wood, it would have collapsed under it's own weight, and this is even without loading up to 2 billion species plus food supplies.

Above: a hilarious cartoon video regarding the impossibility of Noah's Ark.

As the cartoon above states, the Titanic, which was made of steel was 882 feet long, thus almost twice the length of Noah's 450 ft Ark and 92 feet wide compared with Noah's 75 feet wide Ark and 175 feet high, compared to the 45 feet high Ark, and yet the Titanic carried only 3547 people and enough provisions for 2 weeks.

Length limitations on wooden ships.

It is considered to be "impossible" in naval architecture to build a wooden boat the size of Noah's Ark. In the last couple of centuries some large wooden boats have been built (none as big as Noah's Ark) with metal bracings to stop the ship breaking up on the waves, however many have met tragic ends and suffered hull buckling; one of the largest ever wooden boats, Baron of Renfrew (1825) at just over 300 ft long broke apart on it's maiden voyage. It is generally considered folly to build a cargo ship with a timber hull longer than 300 ft, since it would not be sufficiently rigid from bow to stern to avoid breaking up on the ocean's waves, and certainly not with billions of animal and insect species on board.

Noah would further have had to stack his animals several miles high (the thought of this being totally ridiculous); he not only have destabilised the top heavy ship, making it instantly keel over, it would also simply have sunk under the weight long before he managed to stack the animals.

NOAHS ARK HA HA HA HOW CAN MAN LOOK AFTER SOOO MANY ANIMALS LOL again the holy myth is debunked.
    Tell me why you believe?Where is you evidence that if a god created this world that jesus is a real son of god and not fake.You cannot prove your god is real can you no its just blind faith.A mirage a fable a fallicy like the Noah ark fable
    i bet these disprove the bible as well tom correct? im stumped what do I do i mean its not like these have not ever been said before or answered there has never been any debates on noahs ark i mean these objections are so true there is no anwser I mean non of these were answered 15 years ago by a book, whatever you do tom dont type in debates on noahs ark and watch or better yet dont go find the anwsers on nay major creation website or book on noahs ark, than you can claim you have disproven god
    Last edited by Darth Red; December 07, 2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: double post

Indefinitely Banned

So you will not reply to anything in your own words just copy paste.What would you do in person as you could not copypaste??

12-0, of course you could show how dumb those creationist sites are and show real science.
    Here is the reading and science regarding yoyr copypaste 12 items you copypaste everywhere on this forum month after month.I shall show you the reality.
    YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG ABOUT THE DINOSAURS AND AND NOAH YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG ABOUT THE AGE OF THE EARTH,YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG THAT A GOD IS NEEDED TO CREATE THE UNIVERCE.ALL FACTS AND COPYPASTING CREATIONIST JARGON THAT I WILL DEBUNK NEXT IS YOU ONLY RESPONCE THAT AND I WONT REPLY.ALL YOUR IDEAS HAVE BEEN SHOWN AS RUBBISH THE BIBLE IS NOT 100% CORRECT AND YOU HAVE NOT PROVEN GOD EXISTS.DAO YOU KNOW WHY NO 1 BUT ME WILL COME INTO A 1V1 WITH YOU ITS YOUR COPYPASTE AND BAD ENGLISH AND GRAMMER AND JUNIOR CERT STANDARD KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE.I WILL NOT BE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN OF THINKING
    HERE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU QUOTE IN YOUR COPYPASTES SHOWN UP AS FRAUDS WITH NO REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS DEBUNKING YOUR SILLY CREATIONIST COPYPASTES LEARN ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU QUOTE TR AS YOU ARE BEING NIEVE USING THEM http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/credentials.html

IF YOUR ONLY ANSWER TO MY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THE EARTH IS NOT ONLY A FEW THOUSAND YEARS IS EITHER NO REPLY OR COPYPASTE FROM SAID DEBUNKED WEBSITES ON CREATIONISM THEN YOU FAIL AND LOSE THE DEBATE.HERE IS A LINK LEARN REALITY
    Link
    The age of the Earth is 4.54 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3] This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich minerals showed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4]
    The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to the multitudes of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Ca-Al-rich inclusions (inclusions rich in calcium and aluminium) – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.
    It is hypothesised that the accretion of Earth began soon after the formation of the Ca-Al-rich inclusions and the meteorites. Because the exact accretion time of Earth is not yet known, and the predictions from different accretion models range from a few millions up to about 100 million years, the exact age of Earth is difficult to determine. It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the oldest rocks on Earth, exposed at the surface, as they are aggregates of minerals of possibly different ages.
    IF YOUR ONLY ANSWER TO MY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT DINOSAURS AND MAN DID NOT LIVE TOGETHER IS CREATIONIST RUBBISH THEN YOU LOSE THE DEBATE AND FAIL.
    HERE IS REAL SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DINOSAURS.
    Link

IF YOUR ONLY ANSWER TO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE ALL THOSE ANIMALS COULD NOT HAVE LIVED ON A BOAT IN NOAHS ARK IS NO REPLY OR SIMILIAR RUBBISH THEN YOU FAIL.
    AS MAN AND DINOSAUR AS PROVEN ABOVE NEVER SHARED THE EARTH.

I HAVE SHOWN YOU QUITE CLEARLY A GOD IS NOT NEEDED TO MAKE A UNIVERCE AND YOU JUST REPEAT THE UNEDUCATED RESPONCE OF NOT EVEN WATCHING STEPHENS HYPOTHESIS THEN YOU FAIL.AT LEAST DO RESEARCH AND NOT JUST COPYPASTE SOMETHING IRRELEVANT.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU WIN A DEBATE ON THIS FORUM AS I HAVE CHECKED THE ARCHIEVES AND ITS JUST COPYPASTE.YOU ARE USING ME AND OTHERS THIS FORUM TO SPOUT RUBBISH CREATIONISM THAT HAS BEEN DEBUNKED BY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD WITH REAL NOT FAKE QUALIFICATIONS.IN SHALL NOT PLAY ALONG AND WILL END THIS SHODDY DEBATE AS I DO NOT WANT TO READ ANY MORE CREATIONIST COPYPASTE.LOOK AT ALL YOUR POSTS JUST COPYPASTE AS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO STRUCTURE A MEANINGFULL SENTENCE TOGETHER.

dont type in debates on noahs ark and watch or better yet dont go find the anwsers on nay major creation website or book on noahs ark, than you can claim you have disproven god
    OH DEAR ME I HAVE NO INTENTION OF WATCHING ANYTHING CREATIONIST DESPITE YOU COPYPASTING IT ALL OVER THIS FORUM.ANSWER ME HOW IN YOUR OWN WORDS THAT Noah would further have had to stack his animals several miles high (the thought of this being totally ridiculous); he not only have destabilised the top heavy ship, making it instantly keel over, it would also simply have sunk under the weight long before he managed to stack the animals.How could this work in your own words TR.If you cant answer then the shamanistic book of fable is wrong and if the book is wrong then god is wrong how can god be wrong?Well the book written by man and changed by man is nothing to do with a god.

On virgins I believe this is from the passage that only exist on your website not in bible remember they added about 10 verses
    If you look into the psat of christianity you will see the books of bronze age religion have been altered alot of times and you cant take it literally.Many verses were left out.EG Mary Magdelena and her role.You still think that this altered book is the word of god or will you admit that it has been altered as you have admitted above there fore the bible is a fake.Why did Jesus not write the book???Why is the Koran or Torah or books from Greece about there gods not right and the bible is wrong.You cant pick and choose TR.

? You somehow claim a solar eclipse disproves god, I fail to see your logic here you somehow think exspalining observation disproves god creating this is false.
    Here you show you can't read things and take them in as i am showing you how primative man could not explain a eclipse so they assumed it must be a god.Then as we learned through science what a ecyipse was we learned how scientifically it happens.Then we continue learning and learn that other things we could not explain and said it must be god are in fact easily explained.This learning happens untill we eventually discover that no time existed before the univerce and without time then no creator could have made the univerce. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd0...yer_detailpage

I have shown you Adam and eve is debunked by science therefore origanal sin does not exist therefore god has no right to kill babys in egypt with a plague
    In science
    See also: Mitochondrial Eve, Y-chromosomal Adam, and Creation–evolution controversy
    In terms of human genetics, the concept that all humans descended from two historical persons is impossible.[17] Genetic evidence indicates current humans descended from a group of at least 10,000 people, and to account for the observed human genetic variation it would take an impossibly high mutation rate if all humans descended from two individuals several thousands of years ago as Young Earth creationism supposes.[17] This has caused some religious practitioners to distance themselves from a literal interpretation and belief in the Adam and Eve creation myth.[17] Other practitioners hesitate to abandon what they see as a fundamental religious belief.[

Scientific creationism differs from conventional science in numerous and substantial ways. One obvious difference is the way scientists and creationists deal with error.
    Science is wedded, at least in principle, to the evidence. Creationism is unabashedly wedded to doctrine, as evidenced by the statements of belief required by various creationist organizations and the professions of faith made by individual creationists. Because creationism is first and foremost a matter of Biblical faith, evidence from the natural world can only be of secondary importance. Authoritarian systems like creationism tend to instill in their adherents a peculiar view of truth.
    Many prominent creationists apparently have the same view of truth as political radicals: whatever advances the cause is true, whatever damages the cause is false. From this viewpoint, errors should be covered up where possible and only acknowledged when failure to do so threatens greater damage to the cause. If colleagues spread errors, it is better not to criticize them publicly. Better to have followers deceived than to have them question the legitimacy of their leaders. In science, fame accrues to those who overturn errors. In dogmatic systems, one who unnecessarily exposes an error to the public is a traitor or an apostate.

adams rib
    adam had 24, lets say he lost a arm does that mean all his descendants will only have 1 arm? this is a long ago discredited evolutionary idea that a animal would evolve something and pass to descendants such as arm wing etc. only bone in body to grow back if taken out? lower rib
    HERE http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/knee-joint.html WE HAVE CREATIONISTS LYING ABOUT LUCY TO SHOW THERE BIBLE IS RIGHT AND THE MYTH OF ADAM AND EVE ARE REALITY LOL.
    AND HERE THEY ARE LYING AGAIN http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/patterson.html

THERE IS NO ADAM AND EVE ITS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALY AND SHOWS THE BIBLE IS A FABLE AND ILLOGICAL.HERE READ THIS GUYS
    In science
    See also: Mitochondrial Eve, Y-chromosomal Adam, and Creation–evolution controversy
    In terms of human genetics, the concept that all humans descended from two historical persons is impossible.[17] Genetic evidence indicates current humans descended from a group of at least 10,000 people, and to account for the observed human genetic variation it would take an impossibly high mutation rate if all humans descended from two individuals several thousands of years ago as Young Earth creationism supposes.[17] This has caused some religious practitioners to distance themselves from a literal interpretation and belief in the Adam and Eve creation myth.[17] Other practitioners hesitate to abandon what they see as a fundamental religious belief.[17
    ]

already replied to flat earth above so false claim,
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flatearth.html OH REALLY READ AND LEARN REALITY

how did all the animals fit on the ark?
    http://creation.com/how-did-all-the-animals-fit-on-noahs-ark
    the smallest suggested size for the ark could hold 125,000 sheep sized animals only 25,000 known species of mammals birds reptiles amphibians living or extinct avg size much smaller than sheep Noah would have taken babies or adolescent for many reasons suggested creationist kinds around 10,000 to 16,000 there was plenty of room
    How did one man build this??WHERE DID THE EXCREMENT GO?WHO CLEANED AND FED THESE ANIMALS AND WHERE WAS ALL THE FOOD STORED??EPIC FAIL TR

largest dinosaur egg is the size of a football, noah would have taken 2 smaller and younger animals to reproduce after flood not full grown adults.
    Size of young t-rex
    http://www.icr.org/article/6130/
    I have shown you dinosaurs did not live at the time of Noah ONLY CREATIONIST WEIRDOS SAY OTHERWISE CAN YOU GIVE ME A LINK THATS NOT CREATIONIST THAT SAYS DINOS AND NOAH WERE FRIENDS THIS IS NOT THE FLINTSTONES TR QUOTE A SCIENTIFIC WEBSITE NOT ICR SHOW ME A RESPECTABLE SOURCE

AGAIN ICR IS NOT A REPUTABLE SOURCE I WANT A REAL SOURCE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUAL QUALIFICATIONS.LOOK AT THIS FOR EXAMPLE http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hitching.html AND LOOK AT THESE CREATIONIST WHOPPERS THEY ARE SO FUNNY WITH THERE FAKE QUALIFICATIONS AND LIES http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icr-whoppers.html

[[/QUOTE]Here TR is annoyed at copypaste the ironyI have read the bible and it is deeply flawed.

Debating with a Young Earth Creationist is actually really easy, because they only have a few standard arguments, and haven't come up with any new cogent ones for some time. These standard arguments have been published time and time again, and a practiced Young Earth Creationist can handily draw them like a six-gun at the drop of a hat. All of their arguments are silly in their wrongness and easily debunked, and if you're prepared in advance, it's easy to beat down any Young Earther with a quick verbal body slam. You're not going to change their mind, since Young Earthers do not base their opinions upon rational study of the evidence; but you might help clear things up for an innocent bystander who overhears.
    So here are the standard arguments for a young Earth, and the standard rebuttals from the scientific consensus, starting with my favorite:
    Evolution is just a theory, not a fact. This is an easily digestible sound bite intended to show that evolution is just an unproven hypothesis, like any other, and thus should not be taught in schools as if it were fact. Actually, evolution is both a theory and a fact. A fact is something we observe in the world, and a theory is our best explanation for it. Stephen Jay Gould famously addressed this argument by pointing out that the fact of gravity is that things fall, and our theory of gravity began with Isaac Newton and was later replaced by Einstein's improved theory. The current state of our theory to explain gravity does not affect the fact that things fall. Similarly, Darwin's original theory of evolution was highly incomplete and had plenty of errors. Today's theory is still incomplete but it's a thousand times better than it was in Darwin's day. But the state of our explanation does not affect the observed fact that species evolve over time.
    The next argument you're likely to encounter states that Evolution is controversial; scientists disagree on its validity. Young Earth Creationists have latched onto the fact that evolutionary biologists still have competing theories to explain numerous minor aspects of evolution. Throwing out evolution for this reason would be like dismissing the use of tires on cars because there are competing tread designs. Despite the claim of widespread controversy, no significant number of scientists doubt either the fact of evolution or the validity of the theory as a whole. Young Earthers often publish lists of scientists whom they say reject evolution. These lists are probably true. In the United States, the majority of the general public are creationists of one flavor or another. But the scientific community has a very different opinion: Most surveys of scientists find that 95 to 98 percent accept evolution just as they do other aspects of the natural world.
    Young Earth Creationists also argue that Evolution is not falsifiable, therefore it's not science. One of the fundamentals of any science is that it's falsifiable. If a test can be derived that, if it were to fail, falsified a proposition, then that proposition meets a basic test of being a science. Something that cannot be tested and falsified, like the existence of gods, is therefore not a science. Young Earthers accept this to the point that they use it as an argument against evolution's status as a science.

In fact, evolution could be very easily falsified. Evolutionary biologist JBS Haldane famously said that a fossilized rabbit from the Precambrian era would do it. Another way to falsify evolution would be to test any of the innumerable predictions it makes, and see if the observation doesn't match what was predicted. Young Earthers are invited to go through all the predictions made in the evolutionary literature, and if they can genuinely find that not a single one is testable, then they're right.
    The next argument to be prepared for is that Evolution is itself a religion. This argument has become increasingly popular in recent years as creationists have tried to bolster their own position by decorating it with scientific-sounding words like intelligent design. And as they try to convince us that their own position is science based, they correspondingly mock evolution by calling it a religion of those who worship Darwin as a prophet and accept its tenets on faith since there is no evidence supporting evolution. Clearly this is an argument that could only be persuasive to people who know little or nothing about the concept of evolution or Darwin's role in its development. This argument is easily dismissed. A religion is the worship of a supernatural divine superbeing, and there is nothing anywhere in the theory of evolution that makes reference to such a being, and not a single living human considers himself a member of any "evolution church."
    Young Earth Creationists also like to argue that Evolution cannot be observed. Part of what you need to do to validate a theory is to test it and observe the results. Although there are evolutionary phenomena that can be directly observed like dog breeding and lab experiments with fruit flies, most of what evolution explains has happened over millions of years and so, quite obviously, nobody was around to observe most of it. This is true, but it misstates what observation consists of. There's a lot of observation in science where we have to use evidence of an event: certain chemical reactions, subatomic particle physics, theoretical physics; all of these disciplines involve experimentation and observation where the actual events can't be witnessed. The theory of evolution was originally developed to explain the evidence that was observed from the fossil record. So in this respect, every significant aspect of evolution has been exhaustively observed and documented, many times over.
    One of the most tiresome creationist arguments against evolution tries to claim that There is an absence of transitional fossils. If the ancestor of the modern horse Miohippus evolved from its predecessor Mesohippus, then surely there must be examples of transitional fossils that would show characteristics of both, or perhaps an intermediate stage. I use the horse example because the fossil record of horses is exceptionally well represented with many finds. If evolution is true, shouldn't there be examples of transitional stages between Miohippus and Mesohippus? The creationists say that there are not. Well, there are, and in abundance. You can tell people that there aren't, but you're either intentionally lying or intentionally refusing to inform yourself on a subject you're claiming to be authoritative on. Kathleen Hunt of the University of Washington writes:
    A typical Miohippus was distinctly larger than a typical Mesohippus, with a slightly longer skull. The facial fossa was deeper and more expanded. In addition, the ankle joint had changed subtly. Miohippus also began to show a variable extra crest on its upper cheek teeth. In later horse species, this crest became a characteristic feature of the teeth. This is an excellent example of how new traits originate as variations in the ancestral population.
    The layperson need look no deeper than Wikipedia to find a long list of transitional fossils. But be aware that many species known only from the fossil record may be known by only one skeleton, often incomplete. The older fossil records are simply too sparse to expect any form of completeness, especially if you're looking for complete transitions. It's not going to happen. However, the theory of punctuated equilibrium predicts that in many cases there will be no transitional fossils, so in a lot of these cases, creationists are pointing to the absence of fossils that evolutionary theory predicts probably never existed.
    Here's another Young Earth argument, and when I first heard it I said "What the heck are they talking about??" It's that Evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics. The second law of thermodynamics states that there is no reverse entropy in any isolated system. The available energy in a closed system will stay the same or decrease over time, and the overall entropy of such a system can only increase or stay the same. This is an immutable physical law, and it's true. Young Earth Creationists argue that this means a complex system, like a living organism, cannot form on its own, as that would be a decrease of entropy. Order from disorder, they argue, is physically impossible without divine intervention. This argument is easy to make if you oversimplify the law to the point of ignoring its principal qualification: that it only applies to a closed, isolated system. If you attempt to apply it to any system, such as a plant, animal, or deck of cards, you've just proven that photosynthesis, growth, and unshuffling are impossible too. Organisms are open systems (as was the proverbial primordial goo), since they exchange material and energy with their surroundings, and so the second law of thermodynamics is not relevant to them. Innumerable natural and artificial processes produce order from disorder in open systems using external energy and material.
    In a related vein, Young Earthers also argue that Evolution cannot create complex structures with irreducible complexity. This argument was made famous by Michael Behe, an evangelical biochemist, who coined the term irreducible complexity. Take a complex structure like an eyeball, and remove any part of it to simulate evolution in reverse, and it will no longer function. Thus, an eyeball cannot have evolved through natural selection, as a non-functioning structure would not be a genetic advantage. It seems like it makes sense at face value, but it's based on a tremendously faulty concept. Evolution in reverse is not accurately simulated by taking a cleaver and hacking an eyeball in half. The animal kingdom is full of examples of simpler eye structures, all of which are functional, all of which are irreducibly complex, and all of which are susceptible to further refinement through evolution. For a dramatic visual example of how irreducible complexity can and does evolve through gradual refinement, and yet remain irreducibly complex, take a look at Lee Graham's applet the Irreducible Complexity Evolver at http://www.stellaralchemy.com/ice/.
    Another effort to fight science using logic states that It's too improbable for complex life forms to develop by chance. This is the old "747 in a junkyard" argument. How likely is it that a tornado would go through a junkyard, and by chance, happen to assemble a perfect 747? The same argument was made centuries ago by William Paley, except he referred to the exquisite design of a pocketwatch, and pointed out that such a thing is so complex and delicate that it had to have been designed from the top down by a creator. This argument is simply reflective of ignorance of the extraordinary power of evolution's bottom-up design mechanism. Once you have an understanding of multigenerational mutation and natural selection, and also understand how structures with irreducible complexity evolve, there's nothing unlikely or implausible about evolution at all. In fact, genetic algorithms (the computer software version of evolution), are starting to take over the world of invention with innovative new engineering advances that top-down designers like human beings might have never come up with. Bottom-up design is not only probable, it's inevitable and nearly always produces better designs than any intelligent creator could have.
    You should also be prepared to hear that Evolution cannot create new information. Based on a misinterpretation of information theory, this argument states that the new information required to create a new species cannot suddenly spawn into existence spontaneously; new information can only come from an outside source, namely, an intelligent creator. This particular argument doesn't go very far, since any genetic mutation or duplication can only be described as new information. Not all of that information is good. Most of it's useless, called genetic drift, but once in a blue moon you get a piece that's beneficial to the organism. New genetic information is observed in evolutionary processes every day.
    For a final blow from the logic department, be ready for the argument that Evolution does not explain some aspects of life or culture. This is an argument which is really just a logical fallacy: that since evolution does not explain everything, it is therefore entirely false. Evolutionary biologists are the first ones to stand up and say that there are still plenty of aspects of life we're still learning about. That doesn't make the things we've already learned wrong. It's also increasingly common for Young Earthers to point to things that have nothing to do with the origin of life and speciation, like the Big Bang and the age of the earth, and argue that since the theory of evolution does not explain those things as well, it is therefore false. This is an even greater logical fallacy. Theories explain only those observed phenomena they are designed to explain. They are not intended to have anything to do with stuff they have nothing to do with.
    Those are the standard arguments. One thing I can't easily prepare you for are the non-standard arguments you might get from a creationist who doesn't know his business very well. For example, when evangelical actor Kirk Cameron and Christian author Ray Comfort were given a platform by ABC television in April 2007 to express their beliefs to the creators of the Blasphemy Challenge, they didn't even know the standard arguments and just started throwing random stuff out left and right in a way that's much harder to debate intelligently. Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy had a similar experience when debating moon hoax believer Joe Rogan, and he summed it up quite aptly by pointing out that it's easy to know the science better than a believer does, but a believer can easily know the pseudoscience way better than you. Stick with what you know, and don't allow an unpracticed creationist who's all over

Here is a little creationism video showing the logic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0CB...yer_detailpage

10]cannot exspalin the fossil record
    the links are missing between the major groups of animals from family level and higher showing all life did not evolve from a common ancestor, you cannot evolve all life without leaving evidence.
    evolutionist should have thousands of missing links even if creation is true.
    you could take all the skeletons dogs varieties and place them in a order better than any line evolutionist have.

they should be able to do this with many animals just given the variety within the kind its amazing they have so few.
    If evolution was really true that they should have millions given the billions and trillions of fossils we have found.
    notice many of the claims are about chimp human missing links what about all the other animals missing links?
    No missing link last for to long ,the ones used in Darwin's time have been refuted, scopes trial, 30 years ago, they always come up with new ones but they will eventually be falsified.
    All claims can at least be debated as being not missing links. Also to prove evolution you would need millions.
    Most can be explained as a unknown animal or many other possibilities.
    creationist lies http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/patterson.html
    So we see the lies of creationists who will steep to any leval to make the bible seem real when its just a fable proven to be wrong.This hurts the creationist as they seem to need god in there life.
    Last edited by Darth Red; December 07, 2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: quadruple post

Default Re: Total relism vs Tom Cruise either bible vs atheism or does isiah 11.7 disprove the bible

I must remind you again

This will be very hard to find anything that has to do with this debate, it seems to me yet again you are giving up on your original arguments that are the topic of this debate and have moved on to even newer attacks, so what I suggest is you agree you have nothing here on topic with your impossible to answer questions you claimed stumped me and we start a debate number 2 on topic's such as age of earth lucy did man live with dinos etc As I said before im not letting you run away [though it is very satisfying and very enjoyable] from your claims that your original objections stump me and disprove the bible, you can run to any topic you like but im staying by your claim and staying on topic with offer for another debate that maybe your number 20-30 will disprove the bible saving best for last i guess

I also want to remind you I asked kindly first post if you could stop doing just so
    Question begging epithet
    when someone imports bias often emotional language to support a claim "ignorant" "dishonest" "stupid" "gullible" or other disparaging remarks

So you will not reply to anything in your own words just copy paste.What would you do in person as you could not copypaste??
    I find that funny as that is all you are doing and I am not. I belive you think your funny saying that so to entertain you I will

Here is the reading and science regarding yoyr copypaste 12 items you copypaste everywhere on this forum month after month.I shall show you the reality.
    YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG ABOUT THE DINOSAURS AND AND NOAH YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG ABOUT THE AGE OF THE EARTH,YOU HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG THAT A GOD IS NEEDED TO CREATE THE UNIVERCE.ALL FACTS AND COPYPASTING CREATIONIST JARGON THAT I WILL DEBUNK NEXT IS YOU ONLY RESPONCE THAT AND I WONT REPLY.ALL YOUR IDEAS HAVE BEEN SHOWN AS RUBBISH THE BIBLE IS NOT 100% CORRECT AND YOU HAVE NOT PROVEN GOD EXISTS.DAO YOU KNOW WHY NO 1 BUT ME WILL COME INTO A 1V1 WITH YOU ITS YOUR COPYPASTE AND BAD ENGLISH AND GRAMMER AND JUNIOR CERT STANDARD KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE.I WILL NOT BE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN OF THINKING
    HERE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU QUOTE IN YOUR COPYPASTES SHOWN UP AS FRAUDS WITH NO REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS DEBUNKING YOUR SILLY CREATIONIST COPYPASTES LEARN ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU QUOTE TR AS YOU ARE BEING NIEVE USING THEM http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/credentials.html

IF YOUR ONLY ANSWER TO MY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THE EARTH IS NOT ONLY A FEW THOUSAND YEARS IS EITHER NO REPLY OR COPYPASTE FROM SAID DEBUNKED WEBSITES ON CREATIONISM THEN YOU FAIL AND LOSE THE DEBATE.HERE IS A LINK LEARN REALITY http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...05d3HqI-ZEzxPw

This is all off topic and for debate number 2 between us on age of earth you presented the fossil lucy as evidence the earth is millions of years old, yet you are unable to tell me how they dated the fossil. If you can let me now and I will gladly respond to it.

Question begging epithet

IF YOUR ONLY ANSWER TO MY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT DINOSAURS AND MAN DID NOT LIVE TOGETHER IS CREATIONIST RUBBISH THEN YOU LOSE THE DEBATE AND FAIL.
    HERE IS REAL SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DINOSAURS.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...gQKBh0r9fJFKew

IF YOUR ONLY ANSWER TO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE ALL THOSE ANIMALS COULD NOT HAVE LIVED ON A BOAT IN NOAHS ARK IS NO REPLY OR SIMILIAR RUBBISH THEN YOU FAIL.
    AS MAN AND DINOSAUR AS PROVEN ABOVE NEVER SHARED THE EARTH.
    first paragraph also

Question begging epithet

I HAVE SHOWN YOU QUITE CLEARLY A GOD IS NOT NEEDED TO MAKE A UNIVERCE AND YOU JUST REPEAT THE UNEDUCATED RESPONCE OF NOT EVEN WATCHING STEPHENS HYPOTHESIS THEN YOU FAIL.AT LEAST DO RESEARCH AND NOT JUST COPYPASTE SOMETHING IRRELEVANT.

post 23 as all you can respond with is Question begging epithet

I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU WIN A DEBATE ON THIS FORUM AS I HAVE CHECKED THE ARCHIEVES AND ITS JUST COPYPASTE.YOU ARE USING ME AND OTHERS THIS FORUM TO SPOUT RUBBISH CREATIONISM THAT HAS BEEN DEBUNKED BY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD WITH REAL NOT FAKE QUALIFICATIONS.IN SHALL NOT PLAY ALONG AND WILL END THIS SHODDY DEBATE AS I DO NOT WANT TO READ ANY MORE CREATIONIST COPYPASTE.LOOK AT ALL YOUR POSTS JUST COPYPASTE AS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO STRUCTURE A MEANINGFULL SENTENCE TOGETHER.

first paragraph also
    Question begging epithet

OH DEAR ME I HAVE NO INTENTION OF WATCHING ANYTHING CREATIONIST DESPITE YOU COPYPASTING IT ALL OVER THIS FORUM.ANSWER ME HOW IN YOUR OWN WORDS THAT Noah would further have had to stack his animals several miles high (the thought of this being totally ridiculous); he not only have destabilised the top heavy ship, making it instantly keel over, it would also simply have sunk under the weight long before he managed to stack the animals.How could this work in your own words TR.If you cant answer then the shamanistic book of fable is wrong and if the book is wrong then god is wrong how can god be wrong?Well the book written by man and changed by man is nothing to do with a god.

first paragraph also

Question begging epithet

If you look into the psat of christianity you will see the books of bronze age religion have been altered alot of times and you cant take it literally.Many verses were left out.EG Mary Magdelena and her role.You still think that this altered book is the word of god or will you admit that it has been altered as you have admitted above there fore the bible is a fake.Why did Jesus not write the book???Why is the Koran or Torah or books from Greece about there gods not right and the bible is wrong.You cant pick and choose TR.
    off topic,but im very willing to add this topic to debate number2 also as always

Question begging epithet

Here you show you can't read things and take them in as i am showing you how primative man could not explain a eclipse so they assumed it must be a god.Then as we learned through science what a ecyipse was we learned how scientifically it happens.Then we continue learning and learn that other things we could not explain and said it must be god are in fact easily explained.This learning happens untill we eventually discover that no time existed before the univerce and without time then no creator could have made the univerce. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd0...yer_detailpage

I have shown you Adam and eve is debunked by science therefore origanal sin does not exist therefore god has no right to kill babys in egypt with a plague
    wow you responded to something I said thank you, but I said

You somehow claim a solar eclipse disproves god, I fail to see your logic here you somehow think exspalining observation disproves god creating this is false. I stand by it who cares what some person at some time said, this is like me saying evolutionist use to think there were 180 vestigular structures in the human body true, know because we have now as time passed we have found function for them evolution is false,see how half retarded this is? the bible I assure you does not call a solar eclsipse god. But again exspaling something and how it works does not exspalin its origin,as I pointed out in the computer analogy . Read earlier responce and tell me why my responce to your video fails, please dont just assure me with your opinion and tell me so,tell me why, oh evidence will help. Not sure what your referring to on adam and eve? I did not see any of your arguments involving that,read first response on plagues and first objection to evolution on morality.

Scientific creationism differs from conventional science in numerous and substantial ways. One obvious difference is the way scientists and creationists deal with error.
    Science is wedded, at least in principle, to the evidence. Creationism is unabashedly wedded to doctrine, as evidenced by the statements of belief required by various creationist organizations and the professions of faith made by individual creationists. Because creationism is first and foremost a matter of Biblical faith, evidence from the natural world can only be of secondary importance. Authoritarian systems like creationism tend to instill in their adherents a peculiar view of truth.
    Many prominent creationists apparently have the same view of truth as political radicals: whatever advances the cause is true, whatever damages the cause is false. From this viewpoint, errors should be covered up where possible and only acknowledged when failure to do so threatens greater damage to the cause. If colleagues spread errors, it is better not to criticize them publicly. Better to have followers deceived than to have them question the legitimacy of their leaders. In science, fame accrues to those who overturn errors. In dogmatic systems, one who unnecessarily exposes an error to the public is a traitor or an apostate.
    first paragraph.

HERE http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/knee-joint.html WE HAVE CREATIONISTS LYING ABOUT LUCY TO SHOW THERE BIBLE IS RIGHT AND THE MYTH OF ADAM AND EVE ARE REALITY LOL.
    AND HERE THEY ARE LYING AGAIN http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/patterson.html

THERE IS NO ADAM AND EVE ITS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALY AND SHOWS THE BIBLE IS A FABLE AND ILLOGICAL.HERE READ THIS GUYS ]
    first I have never said this, never herd of this creationist, or organization so why bring it up? that you accuse creationist of lying is hilarious epically using talk origins.
    I could point to and have shown dozens of lies and false info used by evolutionist on these forums, ill save that for debate number 2.
    On the qoute out of context http://creation.com/that-quoteabout-...tional-fossils you will find it hard going to take talk orgins seriously please use them in our debate. I love there out of contxt quotes espically on fossil record, it only works on liberals such as yourself to believe them.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flatearth.html OH REALLY READ AND LEARN REALITY
    im really not seeing your objection here, that was 93 article as I pointed out today the flat earth society believes in evolution, and who cares if some Christian at some time thinks the earth is flat what does the bible say? the bible does not say so, many today Christians belive in evolution
    trust me its not from the bible.

flat earth society leader believes in evolution
    livescince 23 june 2011 ingenius flat earth theory reveled in old map.

the bible never says the earth is flat the atheist has to take a passage clearly out of context ignore other uses of same word in same book [psalms] and ignore the clear passages that the earth is not flat, again any basic knowledge of creation or apologetic or the bible would answer this for you parables coming out your This is why in debates you guys get laghed at and refuted so easily.

http://www.creationresearch.org/crea...97/cm9711.html
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti.../n2/flat-earth
    not that you will read links

How did one man build this??WHERE DID THE EXCREMENT GO?WHO CLEANED AND FED THESE ANIMALS AND WHERE WAS ALL THE FOOD STORED??EPIC FAIL TR
    I have shown you dinosaurs did not live at the time of Noah ONLY CREATIONIST WEIRDOS SAY OTHERWISE CAN YOU GIVE ME A LINK THATS NOT CREATIONIST THAT SAYS DINOS AND NOAH WERE FRIENDS THIS IS NOT THE FLINTSTONES TR QUOTE A SCIENTIFIC WEBSITE NOT ICR SHOW ME A RESPECTABLE SOURCE
    first paragraph

AGAIN ICR IS NOT A REPUTABLE SOURCE I WANT A REAL SOURCE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUAL QUALIFICATIONS.LOOK AT THIS FOR EXAMPLE http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hitching.html AND LOOK AT THESE CREATIONIST WHOPPERS THEY ARE SO FUNNY WITH THERE FAKE QUALIFICATIONS AND LIES http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icr-whoppers.html

[
    Here TR is annoyed at copypaste the ironyI have read the bible and it is deeply flawed.[/QUOTE]

oh talk origins is a reputable source

Debating with a Young Earth Creationist is actually really easy, because they only have a few standard arguments, and haven't come up with any new cogent ones for some time. These standard arguments have been published time and time again, and a practiced Young Earth Creationist can handily draw them like a six-gun at the drop of a hat. All of their arguments are silly in their wrongness and easily debunked, and if you're prepared in advance, it's easy to beat down any Young Earther with a quick verbal body slam. You're not going to change their mind, since Young Earthers do not base their opinions upon rational study of the evidence; but you might help clear things up for an innocent bystander who overhears.
    So here are the standard arguments for a young Earth, and the standard rebuttals from the scientific consensus, starting with my favorite:
    Evolution is just a theory, not a fact. This is an easily digestible sound bite intended to show that evolution is just an unproven hypothesis, like any other, and thus should not be taught in schools as if it were fact. Actually, evolution is both a theory and a fact. A fact is something we observe in the world, and a theory is our best explanation for it. Stephen Jay Gould famously addressed this argument by pointing out that the fact of gravity is that things fall, and our theory of gravity began with Isaac Newton and was later replaced by Einstein's improved theory. The current state of our theory to explain gravity does not affect the fact that things fall. Similarly, Darwin's original theory of evolution was highly incomplete and had plenty of errors. Today's theory is still incomplete but it's a thousand times better than it was in Darwin's day. But the state of our explanation does not affect the observed fact that species evolve over time.
    The next argument you're likely to encounter states that Evolution is controversial; scientists disagree on its validity. Young Earth Creationists have latched onto the fact that evolutionary biologists still have competing theories to explain numerous minor aspects of evolution. Throwing out evolution for this reason would be like dismissing the use of tires on cars because there are competing tread designs. Despite the claim of widespread controversy, no significant number of scientists doubt either the fact of evolution or the validity of the theory as a whole. Young Earthers often publish lists of scientists whom they say reject evolution. These lists are probably true. In the United States, the majority of the general public are creationists of one flavor or another. But the scientific community has a very different opinion: Most surveys of scientists find that 95 to 98 percent accept evolution just as they do other aspects of the natural world.
    Young Earth Creationists also argue that Evolution is not falsifiable, therefore it's not science. One of the fundamentals of any science is that it's falsifiable. If a test can be derived that, if it were to fail, falsified a proposition, then that proposition meets a basic test of being a science. Something that cannot be tested and falsified, like the existence of gods, is therefore not a science. Young Earthers accept this to the point that they use it as an argument against evolution's status as a science.

In fact, evolution could be very easily falsified. Evolutionary biologist JBS Haldane famously said that a fossilized rabbit from the Precambrian era would do it. Another way to falsify evolution would be to test any of the innumerable predictions it makes, and see if the observation doesn't match what was predicted. Young Earthers are invited to go through all the predictions made in the evolutionary literature, and if they can genuinely find that not a single one is testable, then they're right.
    The next argument to be prepared for is that Evolution is itself a religion. This argument has become increasingly popular in recent years as creationists have tried to bolster their own position by decorating it with scientific-sounding words like intelligent design. And as they try to convince us that their own position is science based, they correspondingly mock evolution by calling it a religion of those who worship Darwin as a prophet and accept its tenets on faith since there is no evidence supporting evolution. Clearly this is an argument that could only be persuasive to people who know little or nothing about the concept of evolution or Darwin's role in its development. This argument is easily dismissed. A religion is the worship of a supernatural divine superbeing, and there is nothing anywhere in the theory of evolution that makes reference to such a being, and not a single living human considers himself a member of any "evolution church."
    Young Earth Creationists also like to argue that Evolution cannot be observed. Part of what you need to do to validate a theory is to test it and observe the results. Although there are evolutionary phenomena that can be directly observed like dog breeding and lab experiments with fruit flies, most of what evolution explains has happened over millions of years and so, quite obviously, nobody was around to observe most of it. This is true, but it misstates what observation consists of. There's a lot of observation in science where we have to use evidence of an event: certain chemical reactions, subatomic particle physics, theoretical physics; all of these disciplines involve experimentation and observation where the actual events can't be witnessed. The theory of evolution was originally developed to explain the evidence that was observed from the fossil record. So in this respect, every significant aspect of evolution has been exhaustively observed and documented, many times over.
    One of the most tiresome creationist arguments against evolution tries to claim that There is an absence of transitional fossils. If the ancestor of the modern horse Miohippus evolved from its predecessor Mesohippus, then surely there must be examples of transitional fossils that would show characteristics of both, or perhaps an intermediate stage. I use the horse example because the fossil record of horses is exceptionally well represented with many finds. If evolution is true, shouldn't there be examples of transitional stages between Miohippus and Mesohippus? The creationists say that there are not. Well, there are, and in abundance. You can tell people that there aren't, but you're either intentionally lying or intentionally refusing to inform yourself on a subject you're claiming to be authoritative on. Kathleen Hunt of the University of Washington writes:
    A typical Miohippus was distinctly larger than a typical Mesohippus, with a slightly longer skull. The facial fossa was deeper and more expanded. In addition, the ankle joint had changed subtly. Miohippus also began to show a variable extra crest on its upper cheek teeth. In later horse species, this crest became a characteristic feature of the teeth. This is an excellent example of how new traits originate as variations in the ancestral population.
    The layperson need look no deeper than Wikipedia to find a long list of transitional fossils. But be aware that many species known only from the fossil record may be known by only one skeleton, often incomplete. The older fossil records are simply too sparse to expect any form of completeness, especially if you're looking for complete transitions. It's not going to happen. However, the theory of punctuated equilibrium predicts that in many cases there will be no transitional fossils, so in a lot of these cases, creationists are pointing to the absence of fossils that evolutionary theory predicts probably never existed.
    Here's another Young Earth argument, and when I first heard it I said "What the heck are they talking about??" It's that Evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics. The second law of thermodynamics states that there is no reverse entropy in any isolated system. The available energy in a closed system will stay the same or decrease over time, and the overall entropy of such a system can only increase or stay the same. This is an immutable physical law, and it's true. Young Earth Creationists argue that this means a complex system, like a living organism, cannot form on its own, as that would be a decrease of entropy. Order from disorder, they argue, is physically impossible without divine intervention. This argument is easy to make if you oversimplify the law to the point of ignoring its principal qualification: that it only applies to a closed, isolated system. If you attempt to apply it to any system, such as a plant, animal, or deck of cards, you've just proven that photosynthesis, growth, and unshuffling are impossible too. Organisms are open systems (as was the proverbial primordial goo), since they exchange material and energy with their surroundings, and so the second law of thermodynamics is not relevant to them. Innumerable natural and artificial processes produce order from disorder in open systems using external energy and material.
    In a related vein, Young Earthers also argue that Evolution cannot create complex structures with irreducible complexity. This argument was made famous by Michael Behe, an evangelical biochemist, who coined the term irreducible complexity. Take a complex structure like an eyeball, and remove any part of it to simulate evolution in reverse, and it will no longer function. Thus, an eyeball cannot have evolved through natural selection, as a non-functioning structure would not be a genetic advantage. It seems like it makes sense at face value, but it's based on a tremendously faulty concept. Evolution in reverse is not accurately simulated by taking a cleaver and hacking an eyeball in half. The animal kingdom is full of examples of simpler eye structures, all of which are functional, all of which are irreducibly complex, and all of which are susceptible to further refinement through evolution. For a dramatic visual example of how irreducible complexity can and does evolve through gradual refinement, and yet remain irreducibly complex, take a look at Lee Graham's applet the Irreducible Complexity Evolver at http://www.stellaralchemy.com/ice/.
    Another effort to fight science using logic states that It's too improbable for complex life forms to develop by chance. This is the old "747 in a junkyard" argument. How likely is it that a tornado would go through a junkyard, and by chance, happen to assemble a perfect 747? The same argument was made centuries ago by William Paley, except he referred to the exquisite design of a pocketwatch, and pointed out that such a thing is so complex and delicate that it had to have been designed from the top down by a creator. This argument is simply reflective of ignorance of the extraordinary power of evolution's bottom-up design mechanism. Once you have an understanding of multigenerational mutation and natural selection, and also understand how structures with irreducible complexity evolve, there's nothing unlikely or implausible about evolution at all. In fact, genetic algorithms (the computer software version of evolution), are starting to take over the world of invention with innovative new engineering advances that top-down designers like human beings might have never come up with. Bottom-up design is not only probable, it's inevitable and nearly always produces better designs than any intelligent creator could have.
    You should also be prepared to hear that Evolution cannot create new information. Based on a misinterpretation of information theory, this argument states that the new information required to create a new species cannot suddenly spawn into existence spontaneously; new information can only come from an outside source, namely, an intelligent creator. This particular argument doesn't go very far, since any genetic mutation or duplication can only be described as new information. Not all of that information is good. Most of it's useless, called genetic drift, but once in a blue moon you get a piece that's beneficial to the organism. New genetic information is observed in evolutionary processes every day.
    For a final blow from the logic department, be ready for the argument that Evolution does not explain some aspects of life or culture. This is an argument which is really just a logical fallacy: that since evolution does not explain everything, it is therefore entirely false. Evolutionary biologists are the first ones to stand up and say that there are still plenty of aspects of life we're still learning about. That doesn't make the things we've already learned wrong. It's also increasingly common for Young Earthers to point to things that have nothing to do with the origin of life and speciation, like the Big Bang and the age of the earth, and argue that since the theory of evolution does not explain those things as well, it is therefore false. This is an even greater logical fallacy. Theories explain only those observed phenomena they are designed to explain. They are not intended to have anything to do with stuff they have nothing to do with.
    Those are the standard arguments. One thing I can't easily prepare you for are the non-standard arguments you might get from a creationist who doesn't know his business very well. For example, when evangelical actor Kirk Cameron and Christian author Ray Comfort were given a platform by ABC television in April 2007 to express their beliefs to the creators of the Blasphemy Challenge, they didn't even know the standard arguments and just started throwing random stuff out left and right in a way that's much harder to debate intelligently. Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy had a similar experience when debating moon hoax believer Joe Rogan, and he summed it up quite aptly by pointing out that it's easy to know the science better than a believer does, but a believer can easily know the pseudoscience way better than you. Stick with what you know, and don't allow an unpracticed creationist who's all over

Here is a little creationism video showing the logic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0CB...yer_detailpage

first paragraph im very much looking forward to our debate I say we just do creation vs evolution skip all the other bs

creationist lies http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/patterson.html
    So we see the lies of creationists who will steep to any leval to make the bible seem real when its just a fable proven to be wrong.This hurts the creationist as they seem to need god in there life.
    lies? you ignore all I say and then claim I take something out of context? I already responded to this as well up above.

So it is clear you have drooped all your original arguments that this debate was about [first post] the arguments you claimed disproved the bible again, you have completely ignored and ran from all 12 of my arguments [post 9]and tried new ones off topic I call that a 12-0 victory for the good guys, shall we call this debate off and start a new one? titled creation vs evolution?

Indefinitely Banned

So it is clear you have drooped all your original arguments
    No i stand by them as i have proven everything with scientific knowledge that is accepted by all apart from a few cults and creationists.Read again and see how you lose

that this debate was about [first post] the arguments you claimed disproved the bible again, you have completely ignored and ran from all 12 of my arguments
    No i have answered ALL your 12 copypaste with facts about science.You have run from mine by saying you will not reply and off topic and oh we do it next debate.Nice dodge and weave to excape even Ali the boxer will be proud.

and tried new ones off topic I call that
    Off topic is your cowardly dodge.You have not got the ability to answer.This thread is about your strange ideas all have been debunked like Noahs Ark and the age of earth and Dinos living at the time of man.You are only kidding yourself as this will be held on record and all will see you are easily debunked and all will see you do not kinow how to debate just copypaste.Actually they all know this already and told me you would do it but i gave you the benifit of the doubt.Silly me.

a 12-0 victory for the good guys,
    Your deluded.If i was a christian still i would say a prayer for you.

shall we call this debate off and start a new one? titled creation vs evolution?
    Look up debate on wiki and see what a debate is it is certainly not your copypaste that you repeat over and over again.Can you not just talk and debate normal?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...V-dy9IV9YlqZnA This is what a debate is and ours is OVER you lose take it like a man close the thread

Regards slain leat
    Last edited by John ''True Grit'' Wayne; December 07, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

No i stand by them as i have proven everything with scientific knowledge that is accepted by all apart from a few cults and creationists.Read again and see how you lose

this again is were you read my responses or are suppose to so ill use a example you claim Isiah 11.7 disproves the bible and "science" as you say says lions can only eat meat there organs cant eat anything else. I than show this to be false [read my reponces] now it is up to you to show me to be wrong some how. This is why you were never able to give specifics but just claim you proved science proved etc etc.

No i have answered ALL your 12 copypaste with facts about science.You have run from mine by saying you will not reply and off topic and oh we do it next debate.Nice dodge and weave to excape even Ali the boxer will be proud.
    please refer me to post number were you responded to my 12 objections ill wait......no seriously were are they ill wait...... ill check last edited time

Off topic is your cowardly dodge.You have not got the ability to answer.This thread is about your strange ideas all have been debunked like Noahs Ark and the age of earth and Dinos living at the time of man.You are only kidding yourself as this will be held on record and all will see you are easily debunked and all will see you do not kinow how to debate just copypaste.Actually they all know this already and told me you would do it but i gave you the benifit of the doubt.Silly me.
    I must remind you again

This will be very hard to find anything that has to do with this debate, it seems to me yet again you are giving up on your original arguments that are the topic of this debate and have moved on to even newer attacks, so what I suggest is you agree you have nothing here on topic with your impossible to answer questions you claimed stumped me and we start a debate number 2 on topic's such as age of earth lucy did man live with dinos etc As I said before im not letting you run away [though it is very satisfying and very enjoyable] from your claims that your original objections stump me and disprove the bible, you can run to any topic you like but im staying by your claim and staying on topic with offer for another debate that maybe your number 20-30 will disprove the bible saving best for last i guess

Question begging epithet

Your deluded.If i was a christian still i would say a prayer for you.
    very nice of you as im just a pile of evolved dirt or so some say.

Look up debate on wiki and see what a debate is it is certainly not your copypaste that you repeat over and over again.Can you not just talk and debate normal?
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...V-dy9IV9YlqZnA This is what a debate is and ours is OVER you lose take it like a man close the thread

Regards slain leat

shall we call this debate off and start a new one? titled creation vs evolution? noahs ark dino with man age of earth?

Indefinitely Banned

Moderators, you can go ahead and close this "debate

shall we call this debate off and start a new one? titled creation vs evolution? noahs ark dino with man age of earth?

and I am ok with closing this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12