Thread: Silver Shield 14th Edition

Default Silver Shield 14th Edition

Silver Shield 14th Edition

Hello all and thanks for reading Edition XIV of the Silver Shield Publication. It's my first full edition as the new director, and while we're still working on a solid layout and things are a bit bumpy, I think you'll still enjoy the read! There's been a lot happening on the site recently, and up front we bid farewell to our previous Content Administrator, jimkatalanos, as well as greeting his replacement, Omnipotent-Q. Our beloved jim left very big shoes to fill, so we wish them both the best of luck treading their new paths in life. We also wave goodbye to Pontifex Maximus, previous Chief Librarian, and Moderation Overseer, and so I'd like to thank him for all the time and hard work he has invested in the site.

We're still a little understaffed, and while we've welcomed new reporters in SonofPeverel, VOP2288, and MagicMan2051, if you're a Local Moderator and interested in doing some work for the Silver Shield, please send me a PM, as I'm never one to turn down a good pen. We're still in need of an artist as well, as the Content Artists have graciously done the art for this edition.

Regarding this issue, we have some inconsistencies in the form of an AWOL interviewee and modder, as well as a now delayed RPG that we had featured. I'd like to personally apologize for this, and assure everyone that we will be a bit more on the ball going forward. In the meantime, I think you'll all enjoy SonofPeverel's interview with St. Polycarpe, as well as our featured review (credit to snuggans) of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Finally, for everyone who celebrated the holiday, I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving, and thank you once again for reading the Silver Shield.

Bolkonskij
    Editor in Chief

14th Edition StaffEditor in Chief Bolkonskij
    Deputy Editor Armatus
    Reporter Okmin
    Reporter m_1512
    Reporter SonofPeverel
    Game Reviews Manager VOP2288

Contents
    Interview with War of the West Mod Leader: St. Polycarpe, by SonofPeverel

It seems that lately on TWC there has been a surge in up and coming members around the site; each with their own styles, agendas, and passions. Earlier I was able to have a sit down, fireside, PM chat with one of these members: St. Polycarp, the leader of the War of the West mod for M2TW.

Q: So, St. Polycarpe, what led you to the glory that is TWC?

By random chance really, I was looking for mods for Medieval II Total War and by browsing, I found TWC and decide to take a look. Finding the site very intriguing, I decided to join the community

Q: Why St. Polycarpe?

This is the name of the village where I was born, this name represents me on the forum and I'm proud to wear it, more than my first name Byzantium Guard

Q: What was the first mod that you played?

Retrofit mod was my first, then I fell on a mod where I developed my modding skills; Stainless Steel.

Q: What do you look for in a mod before you give it a go?

Gameplay and some eye candy stuff. I was always aiming for an interactive and challenging game along with being accurate historically. Personally, I hadn't found the mod I was looking for so I started modding large scale and got the idea to start a larger project.

Q: What caused you to want to learn how to mod?

I was interested to change the mod I was playing for my own enjoyment, at first, I started to change the unit stats, then I was interested to do more; changing a unit roster, so I decided to create a little submod to make a sort of late Roman unit roster. Then, I was aiming for something larger, I was ready to tackle every faction roster. And seems my ambition drove to War of the West.

Q: Your favorite pre-modding meal?

Carrot cake with 7up.

Q: What do you do to pass the dreaded turn times in some mods?
    Read some books or watch tv. Remembered to watch 300 and playing as the Crusaders, no link between but still really enjoyable.

Q: Have you ever crashed out your games so bad you had to reinstall?
    Many times, but I had followed the first rule of modding; do back-up of your files.

Q: Which historical site would you like to visit? Why?
    I would love to see Istanbul to see the great relics of the past Roman Empire and Scotland to see magnificent castles, heard they were very beautiful.

Q: Ever dream of wielding the banhammer?
    Not really, I am interested in politics and justice but I'll leave that job for the others; not a fan of filling and reading up papers.

Q: Zombie killing weapon of choice?
    Axe and some armour to protect me from biting and scratches. The good thing is I don't need ammo to use it and I'll aim for the head. For those with guns, please aim for the head, they don't care about bullets in their bodies.

Q: How did your current project (War of the West) begin?

It started at the beginning of the year, evolving from a submod to a stand alone project, our team started to organize in march, recruiting and planning then announced our colours. At first we were discreet, but with previews (especially the latest one) we have attracted enough attention for a WOTW Forum
    Q: What caused it to grow into the massive overhaul that it has become?

Perhaps it's due to the fact that nobody had ever tackled Western Europe and as far as I know we are the first to do this work. Also new gameplay features and accurate unit models also have some influence on this.

Q: On a scale of 1-10 how well to you like your mod team?

Obviously 10/10! I am really proud and honored to have fellow members that get in my project, we have the same passion and motivation to create the mod, we are all helping each other, chatting, etc. Our team is well organized and we work very fast. If anyone thinks they can give us a hand in modding, we will be pleased to answer to their call.

Q: What is your favorite feature that will be in War of the West?

The gameplay notably. We will add various interactive and innovative features that will make each campaign to be unique along with becoming more challenging. We want to remove the weakness of the game along with removing the all mighty power of the player. In a grand campaign, managing a large empire is a tough job and we want to make that real. Our main goal is to add innovative features that no mod have had before, historical accuracy and deep interaction with your characters and kingdom management.

Q: What is the biggest problem that you see in the world outside of TWC?

The society, for my province, we have several serious problems, economically, health system, politics, the general people's impression, etc. Quite a challenge that we have here but unfortunately the human's attitude will change only when there's a consequences that happens. Maybe I can't change the world but I will try as much as I can to change my surrounding in a smaller scale.

Q: What are your plans for your future at TWC and in real life?

Completing my project with my team and after the release, will surely try to improve the mod even more, as well as providing resources and help for the modding community. And for a certain moment taking a break for modding, at least not in a large scale ratio.

Finishing my studies is my first priority. I'm currently studying to become a paramedic and my goal is to change the perspective view of the population of my province regarding the paramedics and teaching how it's important to learn basic life support and CPR. Trying to provide a change in each patient's life for the best.

Q: What can the community expect from the next WOTW preview?

They will expect new models, indeed based on historical references, the following unit preview will be about one of the most obscure kingdom in the British Isles; the Kingdom of the Isles. Possessing among the most fearsome and reckless warriors in Britannia, your force will reside in naval invasions and strong infantry. Here's a little spoiler of a unit this faction will possess; the Galloglaigh, credit goes for our fantastic unit creator Lord Hamilton
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Q: Is there anything else you would like to say?

Yes, maybe this my opportunity to give a small teaching moment
    Life is important and we live only once, it may end abruptly at any moment. Appreciate every day of your life, who knows what life reserves for you tomorrow.

Alone we may not change the world, however, you may be able to change the life of someone. Health is important and life is precious, learning some basic health support could make a change in the life of someone, even saving his life in an instant. In cardiac arrest, the most vital part of treating the patient is the early CPR. The earlier you start doing it, the higher the chance of survival will be along making less organ damage. If you have the opportunity, take a course for learning basic life support; you will know how to treat certain injuries, providing CPR and recognizing health problems. Who knows, maybe one day you may change the life of someone for the better.
    Total War Center Official Minecraft Servers, by Bolkonskij
    So do you like TWC? Do you like Minecraft? If so, you’ll most likely enjoy the latest thing TWC has to offer - an official Minecraft server!

Thanks to a wondrous effort by GrnEyedDvl, and a strong and thriving Minecraft community here on Total War Center, I am very pleased to inform you that coming some time in the near future, TWC will be launching a massive server with cutting edge technology, landscaping, plugins, and gameplay!

About the Official Server The Back-End
    The server is already being tested and developed, and gameplay and rules are being smoothed out. Running on 12, 2.6ghz cores, and a maximum of 128gb of RAM, TWC’s new server will be one mindblowing machine. It also features dual SSD drives in RAID for super fast speeds, and will have a home at TWC’s current co-location host. All that’s missing is the name, so take a quick stop by and suggest one!

The World
    While still a heavy work in progress, TWC’s server will feature a sophisticated, state of the art, Minecraft universe. With top of the line rail systems that will take you all around the map, a safe zone, hotel, permission based PVP and mining, and complicated economy, TWC’s server will overcome all of the biggest Minecraft issues.

Gameplay
    TWC’s Minecraft server will be PVP enabled, however it will also feature an extensive safe zone, which allows you to go monster hunting without having to worry about kingdoms. It is home to a community mine, which you can use to gather resources, until you decide to branch out on your own, or simply live in peace. There’s also the arena, which will allow you to fight other players simply for the sake of it. Finally, there’s an extensive map full of biomes just waiting to be explored, conquered, farmed, mined, and built upon! Found your own kingdom, create your cities and towns, and go head to head with other players! All this and more will be possible thanks to economic plugins, which brings us to (in my opinion, the most interesting features) the economy!

Economy
    I have personally found this to be the most brilliant, breathtaking, ingenious feature in the TWC server. Using an entirely automated system, you’ll be able to do things like rent a room at the hotel, buy land for crops or villages, and sell your items. Earning money is simple. You can mine resources, kill monsters, harvest crops, or do just about anything resourceful. The way the economy is set up left me in complete awe. As in our (lame) world, money is the key to everything, and the more you have the better. If you have too many valuables, you can always store them in the bank, which has secure vaults situated underground. I don’t want to give too many of the details away, but suffice it to say I was absolutely blown away.

What about the updates?
    Notch has recently been slowly murdering server admins, and plugin developers, by the continual stream of updates to Minecraft. The world was originally created on 1.7xx and some plugin compatibility was broken when 1.8 was released. So all the plugin developers jumped up and started porting to 1.8, but then Notch announced that 1.9 was very near, and there were some pre-release versions floating around. Now we know that Minecraft is going to be released November 11th, and Notch recently said that production will cease October 18th so they can polish for the release. Due to updates breaking compatibility, it could be some time before the server is available, and it may be shortly after the official release.

TWC already has a fantastic MineCraft community in place, with a community server and an energetic player-base. I took this opportunity to talk with the server host, elfdude.

Interview with elfdude How long have you been playing Minecraft?

I've been playing for a year now. I started out on my friend's account (tyleracc) and his nickname of Antixx, but was admitted to the server before I had purchased my own. I purchased one for him instead with everyone already calling me Antixx. My very first day in the server was frustrating to say the least. I logged in while not many people were playing and carved myself a base hidden in a mountain overlooking the Brotherhood (a faction on the pvp server) and the Empire (another faction). I was hit up by several players for recruitment but Katsumoto requested I join the Brotherhood.

I didn't do much other than build and mine. At that point the grind of mining my resources one by one hadn't yet bored me. I made a name for myself in simply how massive the structures I built were. My mines went on for thousands of blocks in every direction creative veritible labyrinths which several people frustratingly (for them) got lost in. It was shortly after being recruited by the Brotherhood and I was moving resources to my new home in the Brotherhood borderlands. Point Hammerfel I believe it was named. The Brotherhood had constructed a handful of fortified positions there and erected an eagle statue for all to see. The structures were certainly effective but they were entirely too underwhelming for me. Eventually I decided to fortify the position after my requests for tasks to do resulted in members telling me to have fun.

I constructed Hammerfel citadel in the period of about a week... as far as the major structural points were concerned at least. It was an absolutely massive citadel which utterly dwarved the constructions of any nearby creations I had seen. Mangerman had introduced me to a program called perfect circles, and the citadel was my first perfect circle 36 blocks in diameter. Around this I spaced several blocks and built the keep in the middle to the height box with the surrounding walls and towers reaching about half that. The structure was enormous and I fondly remember those buildings.

I digress. After being killed my Hilary_Duff and losing all of the resources I had worked so hard to achieve I catapulted myself to activity on the minecraft forums. Sure I had made a name for myself in arguing religion, politics, personal help and science but I poured all of that energy into minecraft. I was quite addicted. When the server began to struggle with the load I offered my services with a new job I was able to afford a pretty great computer which was easily able to run the server and then some. Fast forward to a map reset and a long extended period of building and we're here.

A year of minecraft. I think I might disappoint myself.

TWC has a really active Minecraft community. Can you tell me a little bit about the organization and structure?
    The structure and organization is a bit complex but I’ll see if I can put it into words. Basically you’ve got two groups right now on the server (working on integrating) the builders and the PvP’ers. The builders simply build structures that they like. The PvP’ers do the same as the builders except they enjoy the possibility of war and battling it out in said structures.

Both sides are organized in a faction system of semi-formal alliances which can engage in hostilities. The PvP’ers can declare war without the opposing side’s permission. Builders theoretically can engage in staged war with agreement from both sides.

Currently there’s 3 large active PvP groups. The Men of the North lead by Abbews is the most active though odd time zones divide the players from each other in most circumstances, The Men of the North Participated in several minor battles. The Brotherhood is probably the second most active with many players regularly logging on. They recently reformed on the new map and have yet to go to war. The Brotherhood is a direct democracy and true to its roots and is standoffish with most other factions. The Inquisition is quite active as well. The Inquisition is a communal organization which spreads virtues across the land. I’m actually a part of the Inquisition and probably its most active member. Beyond that there’s a smattering of smaller factions and the builder kingdom of the Starks.

Other than no griefing the rules are pretty simple. Each faction can claim territory for its exclusive official use and PvP’ers can conquer territories of other factions. The number of territories is related to the number of players in the faction. The server is pretty peaceful right now and the three major PvP’er powers are essentially allied. We’re always looking for something to shake up that peace. If you’ve played previously or if you’ve wanted to play join up. The server can manage a massive number of connections and there’s a variety of options from PvP’ing to building in the public city, to establishing a kingdom of your own. The server is run democratically and rules are voted upon by all active members. We want your ideas, we want your buildings and we want to provide you with a persistent stable server.

What do you prefer: PvP, Build, or Survival?

PvP. Building alone seems rather trivial and pointless to me. Don’t get me wrong, minecraft is about building. But if you can build a fortress, that fortress is even more impressive when you conquer it or manage to hold it against the odds.

I’m not necessarily against or for survival. For the most part we’ve been trying to include elements of it in the server. However that’s on hold until I can figure out how to turn on monsters without turning off health regeneration.

Is Creative mode allowed on the MP server?

Yes. All PvP’ers and Builders are allowed to use creative mode. PvP’ers have limited use essentially not being able to use it in times of war or for PvP’ing or fleeing reasons. I’m open to changing this of course but the community voted for it.*

Do you use any texture packs/mods?

I use a variety of textures and mods. Specifically I use minimap mod. I use too many texture mods to keep track of, browse the 256x256 and 128x128 textures in the minecraft forums sometime. However the server can be enjoyed with no mods installed.

What's your thoughts on Official Servers? Are you looking forward to them? Do you think they will work?

I have a mixed stance with the official servers. I appreciate the idea behind them I just know how hard it is to create a working ruleset for active play and to enforce those rules. I admit though GED is much more skilled with everything involved in hosting and is modding his server to help. Unfortunately my understanding of such things is limited at best. Thus I think if anyone has a chance to create a stable modded minecraft server with a built in enforcement of the rules for PvP and faction play it would be Green Eyed Devil. My server is pretty vanilla beyond a logging program.

However I don’t know how well I’ll deal with another restart. So I’ll probably keep on using my server unless Green Eyed Devil would like to merge our maps. I’m sure GED could do a much better job at doing that than we did.

Would you like to see the TWC Minecraft community expand, even to people that aren't native TWC-ers?

I would love to see that. Honestly the Minecraft forum is a stable place for people to play minecraft with a persistent community. It’s a nice place for a minecraft server to function with and I imagine it could serve as a major draw to TWC in the future. The multiplayability of minecraft and ability to create almost anything you can imagine is just too cool and considering anyone could create one the possibilities are endless.

*Editors Note:
    As of November 1st, this has been changed.
    Click for more information on server changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poach
    Hello,

If you are receiving this message it is because you are a part of the TWC Minecraft Community Server group. If you are still interested in Minecraft please read on.

The server has been fundamentally changed: the map has restarted and the rules rewritten. It is now a PvP Server.

- Spawning has been disabled.

- 3rd party mods (flying, minimaps, wireframes) banned

- Rules vastly simplified. Instead of learning huge chunks of rules there are now only a dozen or so general rules or points of information.

See http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...?t=492181]here for the details.

Hope to see you there,

Poach

Role Playing Game: The Roman Struggle, by m_1512

Welcome all to another edition of the Silver Shield.

I am m_1512, your humble host for this article.
    Let us embark on a journey to discover TWC's latest and hottest RPG.

The RPG is of our beloved Pontifex Maximus, the pope of TWC. Apart from it's huge member base, it is also a community game where everyone has something to do. Also, it has everything what a splendid RPG needs.

The Senate of Rome.

The austere halls of the CVRIA (Roman, not the TWC one.*gives shifty look*), where the fate of the republic is decided. Senators come and senators go, but these halls of the republic are forever.

The City of Rome.

Ah... Rome.
    The city of seven hills.
    The eternal and spiritual capital of the Roman civilization.
    Here, citizens establish villas, and engage in power games.

Battlefields.
    For the mighty legions! The envy of the civilized world.
    Generals battle for glory.
    The system is unique, which is explained later on in the article.

Registration.
    A useful place, where one creates his character. It is also for the purpose of player's personal place.

Well I thought, an interview would be nice.
    And guess what, we have one.
    An exclusive interview with none other than Pontifex himself.
    A round of applause for Ponti, ladies and gentlemen.

1) Greetings, we all know you as Pontifex Maximus, the High Priest of TWC. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?

I joined TWC in 2007 and was impressed by the size and accomplishment of the community. I came for RTW mods and stayed for forumgames, which led to other things and here I am now. I was a moderator for two years and have been an administrator for about one year. As my wiki page will indicate there is much more to that story, but I won't bore the readers with the details. Off TWC I am a college student living in the southern U.S.

2) Ah.. most enlightening. And there I was, thinking you are really from Vatican. You were a Moderator and now an Administrator, could you share a few words about your experience in both?

Working in the capacity of a staff mod and administrator has been a great experience. I've been able to work with some of the most intelligent, talented, and interesting people on TWC. Its not all peaches and cream, though. Moderating is not for the faint of heart and since TWC allows a lot of criticism to be leveled at staff with almost no filter, one needs to be able to take some hits. Administrating is a mixed bag as well. With great "power" comes great responsibility, after all. The nice thing about it is being able to develop areas of the forum you take a particular interest in, and for me that was the forumgame/RPG section. Since last year I have set up five RPGs, the minecraft forum and developed a system for new games to come about where previously there had been a lot of confusion. Last summer I also made the fact finding poll for TWC's expansion to host more mods from non TW games. Of course I know next to nothing about modding games, but I hope that TWC will still pursue diversity in gaming.

3) Well, to each his own. There we come to the main highlight of this interview, your new RPG. Before we proceed to more detail discussion, could you give us a basic idea about it.

The game is designed to place a player within the historical framework of the fall of the Roman Republic and then allow him to influence the outcome. Almost any result is possible. While we cannot strictly adhere to historical events/characters the basic flavor remains. The gameplay allows players to divide into three camps. These support groups enable an individual player to advance his own agenda, whether it be to raise armies, amass a fortune, or retain a certain magistracy for a period of time. Players have a lot of influence, within reason, to what happens in the game itself. So far we've had trials, diplomatic mission, battles, marriages, slave trading, and this week has even seen the formation of three private legions. This open RP style appeals to a wide variety of people and I find it is the most satisfying because almost no limiting mechanisms interfere with the gameplay.

4) A very nice idea it is too. How did you come to formulate this idea, and develop it. As of now, yours is the fastest growing RPG here.

The idea came about during an MSN conversation with Winter about potentially developing an RPG similar to the one we ran for just under two years, YATS, but not as dependent upon a TW game. We found that using a TW game as the basis for gameplay was too limiting, so we aspired to branch out. Unfortunately about a month and a half passed and little progress had been made, so I began drafting rules on my own. After a while I had set down a lot of the basic rules on paper and this attracted a lot of attention. The idea is still in development. Part of my plan was to provide only the essential bits necessary to run the game, like rules for magistracies, battles etc. A lot of what I refer to as the artistic bits of the game have been designed by the players themselves. I have been blown away by the players' interest in the game and their desire to see it grow. We've added whole new dimensions to the game since the first week of play. I am glad the game is this malleable.

5) OK, let us get down to some more details. From my experience in moderating RPG, I can vouch that it is a difficult yet enjoyable task. What is your opinion on this?

With a new game I find myself spending a vast majority of my time moderating and overseeing the game itself, accounting for inconsistencies in the rules and even tweaking a lot of my original plans to better mesh with the desires or needs of the players. It is absolutely essential to have help in this process. I've been lucky in that there has been no lack of commitment from the moderators I've brought on to help. A special thanks to cfmonkey45, aetius, Magicman, Raglan and Dark Storm for this. Once TRS finds its groove there will be more opportunity for me to feel like a player, I hope. Some of these initial changes and tweaks eat up so much time I find myself inactive as a player in the game. It gets boring at times but I'm motivated by the positive response the game has gotten. I really love doing it, I really enjoy meeting and getting to know like minded TWC members and forum RPGs have been the best way to do that for me, moreso than anything else I've done on TWC. The original YATS people from '08/'09 are still very good friends, its unfortunate most of them are inactive on TWC right now. Moderating is very hard, however. Not just anyone can do it because it requires a lot of detachment while moderating. It can be easy at times to lead gameplay in such a way that benefits your interests in game. Whenever I feel myself slipping into that I delegate the task to someone who wouldn't be as biased. I would say that's the hardest part.

6) So, how do you categorize the RPG, centralized or decentralized. And how does it work currently.

It is centralized in the sense that moderator control most aspects of the game but decentralized in the sense that half the players are moderators. Explaining the game would take a bit of time, I recommend people go over and check out some threads for themselves. Every year certain events take place that more or less guide the course of the term. Meanwhile various other conflicts or RP opportunities happen including wars, diplomacy with NPC factions, triumphs, weddings, campaigning and everything else in between. The game allows for a lot of creativity.

7) A point I was most interested in. How does the battle works? We would like you to give a few points about it, and also of other innovations in your game.

Battles are conducted in an alliance game format. Strategies are sent to an overall battle moderator who then compares the two and crunches the numbers while developing a compelling narrative of the battle. Once again creativity rules the day here and generally the strategy with the best detail comes out on top. The battles follow loose guidelines that depend almost entirely upon the discretion of the battle mod. As you can imagine this means that one needs to remain rather unbiased when determining the outcomes. So far that has not been a problem, thankfully. I've thoroughly enjoyed the battle system thus far. As we get more into the groove of things we can have more on a grander scale.

We have some other game features I have also grown to love as well. We have started to beef up our in game history chronicle a bit. It includes the events of past terms as well as a collection of the individual histories of each legion. It is almost an exercise in historiography to write on our past events. As someone who enjoys creative writing and the classics I have been having a lot of fun with it.

8) I think I've grilled you with enough questions to make the editor happy. Thank you very much for your time and patience, and wish you luck for all your future endeavors.
    Perhaps, some parting words for the readers.

Come check out the game
    . You may find its something you want to try. Don't get scared away by the seeming complexity of it. Ask questions, start playing and you will learn quickly.
    Featured Review: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, by snuggans
    Total War Center member snuggans has written quite the review about The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Whether you're already bought it, were considering buying it, or have made up your mind not to, it's still a quality review, well worth a read-through.

Let me get this out of the way first: the PC version of Skyrim is a rushed-out-the-door console port that's unfortunately holding back a fantastic game underneath. While looking at it from the perspective of a PC player and now a wary follower of Bethesda I feel very disappointed that they did not even try to prevent it from happening. Beneath the unpolished state of release and the console characteristics forced on the PC version, there is quite a game to be had however. The problem is that it's these easily fixable issues that often interrupt the flow of the game or transform what should be simple tasks into inconveniences, making it less enjoyable than it could be.

Skyrim improves upon the series in certain areas and it should be commended for this, but it should also be called out for allowing other areas to deteriorate in quality.
    You can read the rest of this fantastic review here.
    Fragment: Interview with Starlightman, by Okmin

*Editor's Note: Unfortunately, halfway through this interview, Starlightman unfortunately went AWOL. We all hope he's doing alright, but in the meantime, here is what we had so far.

About Starlightman Name Starlightman

About your name? An inspiration from a song,Foreigner-"Star Rider"

Country Greece

Join Date March 18, 2007 officially,downloaded mods for RTW much earlier

How did you find TWC? by luck,searching back then for Rome Total War info's

What Total War games do you own? Shogun: Total War, Shogun: Total War Mongol Invasion, Medieval: Total War, Medieval: Total War Viking Invasion, Rome: Total War, Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion, Rome: Total War Alexander, Medieval 2: Total War, Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms

What do you like about Total War? the historical period of games and gameplay

What Total War theme would you like CA to release in the future? War of Troy

Ever been in the D&D forums? yes,being in a garden you can't avoid mug passing by to taste some nice fruits,but when it rains brains it is worsen to unstack...

Political Leaning
    Politics is a system made to play games, i prefer Total War series

Is there a God? yes, you can call it whatever you want but i believe that is exists

What are your future plans (TWC, Life, Work?)
    a)a stable version of Hegemonia at first and release of some nice mods out there such as Dots,The Great Conflicts etc.
    b) a second kid
    c)keep my work(s)
    and try to stay healthy and alive(from this economical war)

Advice to Impart (Modding, life, anything?)

a)there are many more talented from me to give advices about modding...but never stop to work for something you like it, you find into your path more people like you...
    b,c)be a simple kind of man

a song from Lynyrd Skynard-"Simple man"

Regarding Hegemonia So... Hegemonia. What was your inspiration and what are your goals for the mod?

There was no inspiration, I saw one day Hegemonia at TW Cemetery and i don't like it ,I was thinking not deserved an idea like this being there,I spoke with Aradan who owned the rights in meeting(s) of Greek Total War Community and start to thinks how this mod can be finished and released, after some time a baker showed up and after that beside many waves at this trip we stack here, Penelope can't waits a lifetime to show up Odyssey and someone must was played him...

I must to thanks the old team(s) of Hegemonia, it is pity that almost none of them is here now to see their work to be released...many thanks to my friend and great baker Jarlaxe ...many thanks to some people out there who don't stop believing...

Our goals...a stable and enjoyable version of this mod at first, then we see...

© The Silver Shield a publication of the Total War Center local moderators organization: The Silver Auxilia

Last edited by Omnipotent-Q; December 05, 2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default Re: Silver Shield 14th Edition

Lovely interview with Ponti on the RPG I've been considering joing them. Great issue altogether as well and I really like the artwork for this publication!

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Was a good game. Few issues, but still fun
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

I'm about to faint!

Tribunus

That article expired on the shelf.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Sorry Arma
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wish it hadn't though I enjoyed TRS

Great edition though very enjoyable

Great issue, very enjoyable read
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

More than the game, think of it as an interview with Pontifex.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great edition and a very nice read. Thank you Siver Shield team!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Send my regards to the interviewers

(not the sicilian way tho, )

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    where is the new one?

Tribunus

I'd half do one about the complexities of setting up an RPG game.

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please do, mate

Nice read guy's keep up the good work
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

The Minecraft Servers are available for testing now, if anyone's interested.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool!

I'll have to try ponti's game. I love RPG games like skyrim, have to find a Late ROman one I guess.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; December 09, 2011 at 07:36 PM.

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Bravo. good work brothers...
    all the best.

Lurkingly yours.. Subuatai