Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP] New Units for Gondor REBORN (1st post image heavy)

Some limit is there that for sure.

Anyway, now is what some you guys were waiting for: upgraded Osgiliath Veterans.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now just "clean version" and off for Minas Ithil Guardians.
    Last edited by Taro_M; December 21, 2011 at 03:33 AM.

Looking good! I can't wait to see the Minas Ithil Guardians myself.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Anyway, now is what some you guys were waiting for: upgraded Osgiliath Veterans.
    I was one of those guys!

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

And here is the clean version. There wasnt all that much work as I had all the pieces ready.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

awesome, really cool unit
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

The 'clean' version gave a longer surcoat/tunic, and a missing armour section...
    Seems to be interesting..
    The Old Guards of Osgiliath? lol

BTW any chance of a Numenorean-influenced 'Pelargir Guards' or something, representing the old haven of the Faithfuls?
    Aure entuluva!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Fantastic. I would just suggest keeping the eyepatches for the clean version too. I mean, the soldiers are supposedly the same veterans (with shining new armors but still the same veterans), right?

Oh they have them already, but its random.

Hey, Taro, could you continue the work on the Knights of Minas Tirith (unfinished unit of AUM) ?
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Taro, I am so in love with your units that I would have to ask if you can send me your long lost orc units from last year. I would love to have the unit_models, the modeldb information and the export descr unit, if you have them done, even 3 or 4 of the different orc rabble models would make my battle against mordor more enjoyable. I have nearly all your "old" units added by hand to barons and 3.0, it is truly a magnificent piece of work. Thanks

Hey, Taro, could you continue the work on the Knights of Minas Tirith (unfinished unit of AUM) ?
    Uh... I already made them: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10711404

Taro, I am so in love with your units that I would have to ask if you can send me your long lost orc units from last year. I would love to have the unit_models, the modeldb information and the export descr unit, if you have them done, even 3 or 4 of the different orc rabble models would make my battle against mordor more enjoyable. I have nearly all your "old" units added by hand to barons and 3.0, it is truly a magnificent piece of work. Thanks
    The good news I have all the modor stuff I worked on before, the bad news is that they still need work. I will squeeze them between making Dol Amroth units and creating UI stuff for already made units.

Quote Originally Posted by orclover View Post
    I have nearly all your "old" units added by hand to barons and 3.0, it is truly a magnificent piece of work. Thanks
    I am missing quite a few of the old models, is there still a way to get them?

No, they used copyrighted materials and had to removed, Im working to recreate them without using any parts that would cause legal problems.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    No, they used copyrighted materials and had to removed, Im working to recreate them without using any parts that would cause legal problems.
    And they are turning out to be just as good.

Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    And they are turning out to be just as good.
    not really......... they turn to be more polished and better in my opinion

Borussia Dortmund fan

i hope it for 3.1 ?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It won't be released as a submod, but it will definetly come into other submods like MOS (i hope).

i know you got many units to do, but im wondering if you'll still do fiefdom units, like lebennin guards, green hill archers, ringlo vale warriors and so on...

merry christmas for everyone
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Agree that regional units and the custom settlement units are the most important and realistic. Gondorian troops with the movie armour should not be made in towns a thousand miles away from minas tirith with a complete different culture and history, and the book portrays that well. The books envision two main armies... the Northern Army is from Arnach, Minas tirith, Osgiliath and Minas Ithil. These armies share the traditional gondor gear, half plate armour and white tree emblems and traditional helmet. The Southern armies are really a smattering of different cultures and armour with the coastal cities having adapted to the constant sea threat from Umbar. I have added your old units by hand and will continue to unless you can release the regional units, they are amazing. I actually make Northern army troops hard to access in the Southern Cities, very slow recruitment, and little pool.