Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1650

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Thanks for the comment. I have a problem. I tried to put master rangers in DAC. and I the game work fine and i can play with them. the only thing is that the the cloak of master ranger is not shown. Is it not possible give heroes bow animation. can't we use the archers bow string model. (Even I am not sure of it. I have little knowledge about it) Just asking your views

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Some ideas concerning Pelargir wardens: what about adding leather straps coming down to the hips like vanilla Pelargir marines have?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe also add a leather leather belt from a shoulder to waist or maybe even one on each side for more interesting look?
    For coats and clothes I think instead of green, a fitting shade of red and yellow could be used.

hi guys does any thing gone wrong? Taro's is not answering any post. is there some problem in my account that i cannot see any new post

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir125 View Post
    hi guys does any thing gone wrong? Taro's is not answering any post. is there some problem in my account that i cannot see any new post
    I don't think anything went wrong Taro is likely busy with real life stuff, just be patient. Things usually move slow in the modding world.

After a lot of work i was able to give taro's ithelin ranger bowstring animation but what i lack i cannot see the arrow archer fire missile. how to get that

I don't really know but maybe try taking it from another unit that has it and merge with the rangers?

Ok guys, Im back.

After a lot of work i was able to give taro's ithelin ranger bowstring animation but what i lack i cannot see the arrow archer fire missile. how to get that
    Good to see that you getting the hang in this things. I would like to ask you with program did you use to convert the ms3d file into mesh. Was that the new converter that was mentioned before? Im asking as the GOAT could not handle the awesomeness of my ranger's cloaks combined with bowstring skeleton and I could not get it converted into mesh, with is why they dont have bowstring animation as of now.

Right now Im retouching Lamedon Clansmen, not much work is needed, but I decided to do some retouching here and there to improve the quality.

And now for the reason I did not respond: few days ago I found a great bargain: a graphic tablet, One by Wacom for, like, 35$ only. Never used a graphic tablet before and I always wanted to try it out. Man, that was a great purchase, while it may lack advanced features or tilt detection, it still an awesome tool to use. I didnt draw by hand in like decade or so and I was pretty crappy at it in the first place. However I think this came out pretty damn good considering its the first time I did something like this.

Took 5 days to make, things I learned:
    *Big B is still awesome,
    *tracing a 3D model makes the work much easier (fortunately I seem have a LOT of them for some reason ),
    *graphic tablet is an awesome tool,
    *I will need to get some vector graphics program, PS is good for shading, but would prefer to use vector graphics when creating the base,
    *faces are ing HARD to do right.

Please note that me having a graphic tablet does NOT mean even better quality. I still need to test out how to use it for texture creation and such.
    Last edited by Taro_M; November 23, 2014 at 06:49 AM.

Glad to know all's good!

Thanks Taro for responding. I thought I lost you !!!!. Here is the link for MESH converter.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-On-12-06-2014
    It is a very useful programme. Here are the ranger with Bowstring animation. arrow lack texture do i have add arrow in there attachment texture file. I am now working on master ranger. I have though of giving faramir double handed sword.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.jpg   0003.jpg  

Ah, these are the old rangers, the ones whose cloaks did not break the old converter. I can tell by cloaks and lack of pulled down hoods.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice drawing for sure! Was it entirely hand made? Taro_M, any chance for a Denethor model?

It was pretty much all traced from the posed 3D model, some effects were used on the embossed stuff and the banner decorations are just pasted from the banners I made ( got lazy at the end). However the shading was all done by hand. I must say I really like how the face turned out, at least it looks kinda like Boromir .

As for Denethor: I may do it, but as always: faces are HARD. He also has a hair that may be difficult to recreate. As for the model itself I would consider this.

The coat may be hard to pull off, but I think its possible.

EDIT: tried the new converter, but it didnt work for me. I keep getting errors about acces issues and I cant do any model conversions. Could someone try to convert this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b...gers_lod0.ms3d
    Last edited by Taro_M; November 24, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

I don't understand why players need Denethor if Denethor moveless character which model you can see only if Minas Tirith under attack..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    I don't understand why players need Denethor if Denethor moveless character which model you can see only if Minas Tirith under attack..
    For the great lulz I presume. Also hey, why not Im not promising anything.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

TATW, nor all submods, have Denethor unable to move around; I would remove that from him if I played such a mod and as Gondor. I'd love a Denethor model to go out and kick some with

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Denethor would be very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    EDIT: tried the new converter, but it didnt work for me. I keep getting errors about acces issues and I cant do any model conversions. Could someone try to convert this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b...gers_lod0.ms3d
    I couldn't do it also, sorry. I got this message:

Any one can tell me how fabled hollow steel bow look like? I hope Taro will make steel bow for master ranger. How to give unit 2handed sword animation. Is there no way for heroes to get bows

I am also getting error about comment. I think to recheck comments once again. Taro's

I have also done bowstring animation of master rangers. Do not know whether it is old new
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Faramir125; November 29, 2014 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir125 View Post
    Any one can tell me how fabled hollow steel bow look like? I hope Taro will make steel bow for master ranger. How to give unit 2handed sword animation. Is there no way for heroes to get bows
    Engine limitation on the latter. Generals just can't use missile attacks.

but I can give two handed sword animation to general or unit or not? Is there any tutorial how to give 2handed sword animation to units