Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 285368697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1650

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Decanus

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Glad to see you back Taro_M!. Charming new jewel for the gondorian crown...

Default Re: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Good news everybody! I managed to get the Pinnath Gelin House Knights working ingame . Now I need to sleep as its 4:51am here.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Decanus

Congratulations, fantastic unit.

Amazing, awesome unit!
    +rep

Ok I think I got the upgrade done. Its pretty conservative and I just went with the idea of slightly more armor.

I think that now I will make a quick dismounted version of the House Knights, then I will redo the Lamdon units, but Im not giving any definite ETA. While clansmen dont need much work (only scabbards need to be replaced), the Lamedon Nobles have to made completely from scratch as I appear to lost the files for them somewhere. Does anyone have the old version (pre REBORN) of my units?
    Last edited by Taro_M; November 01, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm thinking maybe the amount of green becomes too low. Maybe they should wear some green cloth around their bodies like DA units do: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1341560004

I can't remember if I still have anything or not, I'll look around.

What you you think about Pyrosh' version of Lamedon clansmen btw? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14114445

I agree with Araval. Perhaps more presence of green improve your wonderful work

When in doubt, throw a cloak on it . I think it was what I was missing. Now some House Knights get cloaks. Also: dismounted version!

Last edited by Taro_M; November 01, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Decanus

Very well done!. Thanks Taro_M

So, now I will need help with the description for Pinnath Gelin House Knights. My base idea about the Greenhills is that: as it is the farthest flung gondorian region they have different approach to warfare preferring mounted combat, also since Rohan can be reached relatively easily the Pinnath Gelin has good warhorses. In short I wanted to have Medieval Knights in gondorian roster.

Hello Taro,

A unit description something like this? feel free to edit or delete most of it.

The Fiefdom of Pinnath Gelin is located at the western border of Gondor. The fief consists of rolling green Hills with scatter clumps of trees. The fief is sparsely populated small village are scattered around the lower hills.

The borders of the fief is in the south the Anfalas or Langstrand along the bay of Belfalas, in the west the fief is bounded by the river Lenui, the river Morthond forms the eastern border and to the North are the mountains of Ered Nirmrais. These mountains are dangerous, outlaws and orcs roam freely and frequently raid Pinnath Gelin and the lands of the Rohan to the North of the Mountains.

The vast distances between the villages and grassy rolling hills has led to a different military tradition than the rest of Gondor. To be able to relieve village in time of raiders from the north, mobile and fast units were recruited. Most soldiers ride on hardy hill ponies to reach a battle quickly and then dismount before engaging in combat. The exception is the nobility they form companies of Pinnath Gelin House Knights and they prefer mounted combat. Young noble sons are often exchanged with their Rohan counter parts to experience the world. While these nobles serve with the force of Rohan, they become skilled in mounted combat. When they return to Pinnath Gelin they bring back good warhorses.

Knights of Pinnath Gelin Description

'Pinnath Gelin', Sindarin for 'Green Hills/{Downs?}', is the westernmost fief of the realm of Gondor. Bounded by the rivers Lenfui to the west and Morthond to the east, this peaceful region is characterised by its lush low hills, which dominate its geography. Fighting from horse-back, has never been a strong-point of the armies of Gondor, with only the legendary 'Swan Knights', breaking away from this strong infantry traditions.
    However, the lords of Pinnath Gelin have always supplied hardy and trained horsemen to the Steward, to bolster the strength of the Gondorian garrisons, and have proven their loyalty. To be included in the regiment of the 'House Knights', was a great military honour. These men generally come from the noble families of Pinnath Gelin, who can afford the expensive equipment, and they are taught the intricacies of horse-riding, by the retired veterans of the Rohirrim, perpetual allies and also their geographic neighbours.
    Rarely seen in the battles along the eastern regions, these warriors have been entrusted to protect the back of Gondor, against potential invasions by the wild men of Enedwaith and Dunland. With reports coming in of the treachery of Saruman and the betrayal of Isengard, the need for these men has never been more dire...

Did you manage to salvage the files for the early game Lebennin Pikemen unit you were working on? it was the last unit before you 'took a break' shall we say.

Edit: Post 1487, 'Pelargir Wardens'. I was thoroughly looking forward to those but then your computer played up and they may well have been lost.

Ah, yes, I do have them safe and sound. I was asking for the Lamedon Nobles as I seem to have deleted the old-old version of my mod.

After looking at the Pelargir Wardens I must say Im not satisfied with them. They are missing something and, IMHO, they are too simple.
    Last edited by Taro_M; November 04, 2014 at 05:17 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Ah, yes, I do have them safe and sound. I was asking for the Lamedon Nobles as I seem to have deleted the old-old version of my mod.

After looking at the Pelargir Wardens I must say Im not satisfied with them. They are missing something and, IMHO, they are too simple.
    What about adding a small shield or buckler strapped to the left arm, like ancient Macednoian phalanx and alike?
    Provide a space for decorations/emblems without having another embroidered clothing, if thinking of variation.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

What about adding a small shield or buckler strapped to the left arm, like ancient Macednoian phalanx and alike?
    Provide a space for decorations/emblems without having another embroidered clothing, if thinking of variation.
    The problem is the body itself, it is too simple for my tastes. As for the small shield: Im not completely sold on that idea, I just dont like the look of it, but Ill consider it when I get around to remaking them.

I used my Dark Souls 2 in order to create kind of concept art for Pelargir Wardens (all upgrades). Just to remind you guys: Pelargir Wardens are supposed to be a relatively light armored and fast pikemen that can quickly change position on the battlefield. Opinions are welcome.

Foederatus

They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post

I think I have your old-old version of my mod, do you want it?
    Last edited by lzs; November 06, 2014 at 07:13 AM.

Yeah, send PM. It may come useful.

Taro's what about some change In Faramir Model. I do not like his face in model at all. It would be wonderful if he get a bow to shoot.

Face is hard to do, you are not forced to use his model, or you could make your own edit, this is open source stuff so feel free to mess around with it. As far as I know it is impossible for generals to have special weapon animation, only 1H sword animation is possible.