Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP] New Units for Gondor REBORN (1st post image heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    mine are better .
    I must agree with you.

You mean the collars or bodies? If its collars then its some kind of cloth, Rangers had those in films. If its bodies then its just one leather armor (over light mail) and 2 padded armors (also over light). Also: "way too green"? They are rangers dam it! They are supposed to be green!...... Well at least I didnt add cloaks made out of leaves
    i mean the bodies, i know they are rangers but the body is supposed to be leather and some rangers looks with a really shinny green, they are supposed to be camouflaged, not blind the enemy maybe you could use a darker green
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

You should update the 1st post .
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Hey Taro with your permission may i gather your newest models for an update for Turambar's Gondor Soldier Overhaul?

Does implementing your newest models require the same steps as before? I apologize for my absence, I've been attending college for quite some time now and it demands my attention

I was going to update the sub-mod to work with the 3.0 release and i just found your new work and i think it is AWESOME!!!!! I love the gondor pikemen and the chain mail version of almost all of the units in the army.

More as a modding resources- not a submod.
    Maybe sometime I would make this a submod?
    The coding isn't very hard, but it will take forever.
    Plus the UI, description and pictures and things
    Once Im done this resource will include all stuff, including UI, sprites, descriptions, EDU and model.db entries. UI will require most work as pretty much everything changed, but its tedious, not hard. I have descriptions from old version and they require only little corrections. Im not sure about sprites though, for some reason their generator crash my MTW2, but I think that they generate correctly, I will need to check that. The only real coding that would need to be done, to make this standalone mod, is adding units to buildings so they can be recruited.

Maybe sometime I would make this a submod?
    Oh really? I was thinking about cooperating with someone to make standalone mod. I would leave all the coding to partner so I would focus on unit making.

i mean the bodies, i know they are rangers but the body is supposed to be leather and some rangers looks with a really shinny green, they are supposed to be camouflaged, not blind the enemy maybe you could use a darker green
    I think this is more of problem with light, but I will change hue and see what will fit more.

You should update the 1st post .
    Once Im done with Minas Ithil Guardians.

Hey Taro with your permission may i gather your newest models for an update for Turambar's Gondor Soldier Overhaul?

Does implementing your newest models require the same steps as before? I apologize for my absence, I've been attending college for quite some time now and it demands my attention

I was going to update the sub-mod to work with the 3.0 release and i just found your new work and i think it is AWESOME!!!!! I love the gondor pikemen and the chain mail version of almost all of the units in the army.
    I still dont have UI stuff or sprites, but models work all right, its just matter of replacing model.db entries and editing model.db. I will first finish Osgiliath and Minas Ithil units though, that will conclude first phase of my plan. I will make UI stuff when I will be thinking about Dol Amroth units.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey Taro - awesome to see you came back to remaking Gondor!

The Veterans of Osgilliath are being remade right? They were quite possibly the greatest human-based unit I have ever seen in a Total War game.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

EkatarinaVelika's Avatar Foederatus

Nice to see your work again Taro

The Units are fantastic.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Absolutely superb, Taro_M! This is going to be great.

i was looking to the main post and i saw a new unit called gondor skrimishers, i must say im quite against another javelin unit, i think it may unbalance the game because with that unit is really easy to kill high tier armored units (mumaks and trolls), that happen with scouts too , i think you may use those units but dont make them low tier units, maybe mid or high tier(with better stats?) , something that you can't recruit so easily neither cheap...

well it's just an opinion
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

i was looking to the main post and i saw a new unit called gondor skrimishers, i must say im quite against another javelin unit, i think it may unbalance the game because with that unit is really easy to kill high tier armored units (mumaks and trolls), that happen with scouts too , i think you may use those units but dont make them low tier units, maybe mid or high tier(with better stats?) , something that you can't recruit so easily neither cheap...

well it's just an opinion
    I threw them in as a bonus, but your claim is valid though. However its matter of balancing, if you remove AP attribute for primary weapon they will be good for harassing enemy, but not for taking down monsters. Still its just balancing and thus it isnt my concern (at least right now).

------------------------------------------

I finished testing new unupgraded Osgiliath veterans battered version.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very good!
    Maybe add dark leather shoulder pads for them?
    And maybe make the side parts of chest bloody not the central part and add some fresh scars to the face?

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Very good!
    Maybe add dark leather shoulder pads for them?
    And maybe make the side parts of chest bloody not the central part and add some fresh scars to the face?
    Scars over eyepatch.
    Eyepatch seems to be so out of place, IMO.
    One unit would be okay, but when you have multiple of them it doesn't make much sense to have so many 'half-disabled' men.
    Aure entuluva!

Eypatches are random part, I actually added 4 dummies so it dosent show up so often.

Taro you said 'battered version', so there is a 'renewed' or 'refitted' version?
    Or when they have their armour upgrade they will don a new suit of armour?
    Last edited by KnightsTemplar; December 17, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
    Aure entuluva!

Battered version is pretty much what it sounds like, blood, dirt and mail painted black. This version will have to models: heavy mail as above and plate upgrade. The clean version is more grounded in reality where Osgiliath Veterans are elite unit that enjoys shiny new equipment, but they are still great archers/infantry. This version is plate only. The idea was to make 2 version in case someone will come up with a script that in case of siege of Osgiliath would give battered Veterans and then change them into clean version.

Anyway just wait and you will see, plate versions will not require that much work.

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

!!!!! Alter Verwalter, ist des g....!!!

sorry that i write german, but i only can say this wonderful work!! cant wait to play them ingame!!!
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

I finished testing new unupgraded Osgiliath veterans battered version.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I must say....

These look even better than before!!!

+Rep yet again!

Edit:
    I gotta spread some rep around first...
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

Everything is looking great! I can't wait to see more.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.939744,-93.139404

those veterens seen some in their lives

I found that some of them wear bandana with no specific reasons....
    Rambo(s)? lol
    Aure entuluva!