Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSP] [WIP Release 0.8.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Pikemen will have heavier plate armor then other grunts, notice that they have shin guard as well. I wanted to stay within range of heavy mail armor, adding a plate would turn this into partial plate armor with I dont want as uniformity was my goal here.

Default Re: [WIP Release 0.5] New Units for Gondor REBORN work thread (1st post image heavy)

Maybe just longer Rerebrace ?
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Ummm, and something like that?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Thorīn II Oakenshield View Post
    I just wanted to talk about the concept. I like armor of the Wards of the Stars Dome, and they don't look like Fountain Guards and Winged Swordsmen like your model ; but I generally prefer your work.
    They look like the clone army from Star Wars recoloured.

Upgraded pikemen will have gondorian pauldron on right shoulder, the top will bit bigger to better cover the face. Can anyone help me out in design of helmet for Swan Knights?

if your looking for a concept, i always liked the idea of using a great helm. Then either using an image of the swan wings over the eyes. Or attaching the wings on the sides, flat pointing up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_helm
    Avearge helm
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pointed helm

I could provide more variations but im sure you could do that if you even like the idea
    Last edited by David93; February 07, 2012 at 06:51 AM.

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

I went with the idea that "covered face=evil". Rangers and fountain guard masks symbolize silence so they avoid this. That is why I will not use face covering helmets, a barbutte at most. I have basic concept of Swan knights helmet, but I need some help on bas helmet. It will appear too plain without any embossed details and I have no idea what to put on it.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

To high medieval to my taste.
    I dont mind rejection from you Taro or others on these following suggestions. Looked around and just thought of theis stuff, perhaps for Swan's or to something else in the future, if not here or for Taro so for anybody As well just me liking non-covered faces.

Perhaps a combination of these two?

Or perhaps something related to this look, two beautiful bronze helmet I like:
    At last, this are helmets from a chinese movie, inspired at least from ancient armour if not autentic. Would all in all make a great BN armour but the helmet on this fellow in the middle is quite awesome IMO:
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 07, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Not a fan of the first one Ngugi, others are awesome

As irish as i am, celtic's the way to go

This ones not historic, but intresting, id remove the gem in the middle, remove the antlers, possibly replace with wings

Celtic Helm
    Last edited by David93; February 07, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

I like the trim at the bottom of this one:

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Various designs I found. Some from mods.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

WHile some cool helmets indeed, I think we all missed out on this line
    Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    I have basic concept of Swan knights helmet, but I need some help on bas helmet. It will appear too plain without any embossed details and I have no idea what to put on it.
    So, unless its my turn to misunderstand what kind of inspiration your after, just some ideas:

If cheek protections, then like wings as on this bronze age helmet (and the Númenorian helmet)? Also likes it's brow+nose.
    And it could be suggested that some maller wings "stands out" from the cheeks? Would be evolved out of the (3d) númenorian helmet. I also like the forehead on the second one a bit.
    Here's som further possible inspiration from historic helmets I looked closer at:

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Some different embossed stuff:

Maybe change those eagle themes with a swan theme.

Ok so I worked a bit on my concept and here is how I imagine it now:

Im still afraid that base helmet will be to plain, but I dont want to overdo with decorations.
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 07, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Ok so I worked a bit on my concept and here is how I imagine it now:

Im still afraid that base helmet will be to plain, but I dont want to overdo with decorations.
    Man, that looks really sweet! Maybe replace the gold with silver instead? So it has better contrast between the plate and decorations. Alittle embossed golden details like on the neckguard on that spikey thing behind the swan?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

That spiky thing is a decoration similar to the one that Fountain Guard have on forhead.

Hmm... I think that Salading made something like this for hirluin, I will ask him if I can use it.

WHat about something more like this:

Excelent idea, now top of the helmet looks like swan's body.

EDIT: I changed concept a little bit, the top looks fine to me and I didnt touch bottom for now.
    Last edited by Taro_M; February 07, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Maby some kind of really short chainmail at the back? I think it has a name as well, but I cant remember it
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Im with Mhaedros
    also i think you should remove the yellow feathers and replace them with a design, or leave it bare

Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire

- Quentin Crisp

- Michael Collins

- Bobby Sands